Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,551 members, 7,812,762 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members (1676 Views)

Ex-Taraba Governor Suntai Suffers Stroke, Abandoned By Govt, Associates / Governor Suntai Discharged From German Hospital / Governor Suntai Is Brain-damaged - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by spyx64(m): 5:08am On Aug 29, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8SS5pXnTOJk
The bizarre spectacle of power grab by brain damaged governor of Taraba State, Danbaba Suntai continued today in Jalingo as cabal led by his wife and a Nigerian Senator Emmanuel Bwatcha.

The event was a swearing in for new cabinet members for the governor. The event happened at the dining room of Mr. Suntai at the Governor's Lodge in Jalingo, which had been converted to an office for the purpose of giving a semblance of official activity.

Suntai forcefully read a few minutes of speech broadcast on state TV. However, he was unstable and unclear.

After the swearing in the speaker of the state assembly, Haruna Tsokwa walked in to see Suntai but the ailing governor did not recognize him and others but the video was edited to look as though the speaker's delegation was part of the swearing in ceremony. Members of the cabal, propping up the ailing Governor to grab power, are listed as Sylvanus Giwa, Senator Emanuel Bwatcha, Haruna Manu of the the house of reprsentatives, state PDP chairman, Victor Bala, Aminu Jika, who was sworn in as the new chief of staff to Mr. Suntai and the new Secreatry to the state government, Barrister GT Kataps.

http://saharareporters.com/video/governor-suntais-stage-managed-swearing-new-cabinet-members-jalingo

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by mrking3(m): 5:30am On Aug 29, 2013
Ok
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by musiwa1f: 5:51am On Aug 29, 2013
he will be ok. it tell awhile to get out of an accident. It will take him at least one year. He is going to be fine.
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by texaco1: 6:05am On Aug 29, 2013
This man should just step down or allow his deputy to take charge ,even a blind man can see that he is not fit to rule that state. Suntai and his wife plus all his followers should stop making a mockery of our political and democratic processes .
If he refuses to step down then the house should do the right thing by impeaching him

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by musiwa1f: 6:07am On Aug 29, 2013
If you had a good aviation system will this happen to him. No. People dont have to have private jet. you just need a good aviation system. So bad.

the issue in taking risk in nigeria aviation is the risk with the nigeria govt. changing policy and govt official are mean to people not their own .

This is why I said all airport should be handed over to state. I do not see any state which will want to see its people die. They can handle aviation.

the best is to hand over airport to state.

People will not risk their credit with bad govt policy. this is my main fear.

The control system is based in abuja.. and any boko haram can hack a plane from abuja and crash it, if they know what they are doing. that one of the reason. I say break up nigeria. it is too much a risk.
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by texaco1: 6:41am On Aug 29, 2013
musiwa1f: If you had a good aviation system will this happen to him. No. People dont have to have private jet. you just need a good aviation system. So bad.

the issue in taking risk in nigeria aviation is the risk with the nigeria govt. changing policy and govt official are mean to people not their own .

This is why I said all airport should be handed over to state. I do not see any state which will want to see its people die. They can handle aviation.

the best is to hand over airport to state.

People will not risk their credit with bad govt policy. this is my main fear.

The control system is based in abuja.. and any boko haram can hack a plane from abuja and crash it, if they know what they are doing. that one of the reason. I say break up nigeria. it is too much a risk.
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 29, 2013
BOOKING SPACE FOR FP TINZ

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by Donjazzy12(m): 6:49am On Aug 29, 2013
From what I saw, I think this man is okay mentally. If he can at all read clearly then he is okay. It was not stage managed!Within a year, he will be alright. Our sympathy should be with him.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by charybabe: 7:12am On Aug 29, 2013
Thank God he is stil alive i wish him speedy recovery
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by texaco1: 7:20am On Aug 29, 2013
Donjazzy12: From what I saw, I think this man is okay mentally. If he can at all read clearly then he is okay. It was not stage managed!Within a year, he will be alright. Our sympathy should be with him.
So the state should wait for another one year before moving forward after he has been away for almost 10months?is he the owner of that state or what?the best thing for him and his people is for him to resign and hand over to his deputy,simple as ABC
This man is clearly not fit to discharge his duties as a governor

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by princenonny(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2013
SR jst shot demselves on the foot. Suntai can read his speech as clearly shown in this video. So whr is d so called 'brain-damaged' gov dey hv been talkin abt??. He's speech is nt loud bt audible and its ok as far as am concerned. Premiumtimes and have really made a ridicule of themselves calling hm a zombie gov. Gov suntai is mentally fit to b gov. D deputy and speaker should b impeached

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 29, 2013
this sheet is frightening. The desperation of the cabal to hold onto power

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 29, 2013
its a pity….
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by tyson99(m): 7:52am On Aug 29, 2013
This man should just resign and have a rest of mind,when its not as if he will be hungry if he steps down

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by Maxymilliano(m): 8:00am On Aug 29, 2013
spyx64:
Suntai forcefully read a few minutes of speech broadcast on state TV. However, he was unstable and unclear.

Governor Suntai is yet to fully recover from his injuries and a certain degree of speech difficulty should be expected considering the severity of the Brain Injury he suffered.

A fair assessment as anyone can see from the video ...

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by legendprac(m): 8:04am On Aug 29, 2013
Naija politics and nollywood stunts....

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 29, 2013
princenonny: SR jst shot demselves on the foot. Suntai can read his speech as clearly shown in this video. So whr is d so called 'brain-damaged' gov dey hv been talkin abt??. He's speech is nt loud bt audible and its ok as far as am concerned. Premiumtimes and have really made a ridicule of themselves calling hm a zombie gov. Gov suntai is mentally fit to b gov. D deputy and speaker should b impeached

If anyone needed proof of the perennial failures of our educational system, here it is^^^

What Are the Symptoms of Brain Damage?

There are numerous symptoms of brain damage, whether traumatic or acquired. They fall into four major categories:

Cognitive
Perceptual
Physical
Behavioral/emotional

Cognitive symptoms of brain damage include:

Difficulty processing information
Difficulty in expressing thoughts
Difficulty understanding others
Shortened attention span
Inability to understand abstract concepts
Impaired decision-making ability
Memory loss

Perceptual symptoms of brain damage include:

Change in vision, hearing, or sense of touch
Spatial disorientation
Inability to sense time
Disorders of smell and taste
Balance issues
Heightened sensitivity to pain

Physical symptoms of brain damage include:

Persistent headaches
Extreme mental fatigue
Extreme physical fatigue
Paralysis
Tremors
Seizures
Sensitivity to light
Sleep disorders
Slurred speech
Loss of consciousness

Behavioral/emotional symptoms of brain damage include:

Irritability and impatience
Reduced tolerance for stress
Sluggishness
Flattened or heightened emotions or reactions
Denial of disability
Increased aggressiveness

Source: http://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-damage-symptoms-causes-treatments?page=2

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 29, 2013
He is not as bad as we were led to believe.

He isn't fit enough for d running of d state anyway.
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by KwoiZabo(m): 8:17am On Aug 29, 2013
This is one of the very few areas i fault the Jonathan's Administration. This is totally embarrasing. This man should whiz off that office and allow his deputy to govern. What Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 29, 2013
Sahara Reporters are begining to embarass themselves on this issue sha.
Seems their source is on the other group that wants to take over the State.

Journalism should not take sides, see how they are so eager to dismiss the Governor, first he was brain dead, Next it was his wife who fired the commisioners, now the "brain dead" man read a speech they are trying to wave it off.
Very embarassing and sad for them. Just admit they were wrong and move on instead of this sad attempt to justify their folly

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 29, 2013
This news is one sided and the aim of was clearly stated.
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by Ngwakwe: 8:35am On Aug 29, 2013
If all these symptoms are associated with brain damage then I can authoritatively imply that 90% of Nairalanders have or about to suffer brain damage.

eGuerrilla:

If anyone needed proof of the perennial failures of our educational system, here it is^^^

Source: http://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-damage-symptoms-causes-treatments?page=2
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by texaco1: 8:41am On Aug 29, 2013
KwoiZabo: This is one of the very few areas i fault the Jonathan's Administration. This is totally embarrasing. This man should whiz off that office and allow his deputy to govern. What Rubbish!
I think jonathan should take a firm stand on this issue,one man cannot and must not be allowed to hold a state to ransom.suntai should resign or be impeached.he was even finding it difficult to stretch out his hand to shake somebody in that video,and to see some people here saying all this is ok is somehow absurd
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by keyremotes(m): 8:45am On Aug 29, 2013
THIS IS MAN's inhumanity to man.
How can this man govern a state for Christs sake.
Nigeria is in dare need of a change of paradigm.
I weep for my country.
Hat are the indegines of the state doing about this?
Another avenue to mock Nigerians.
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by teskyg: 9:42am On Aug 29, 2013
Negative voices of Islamic Fundamentalist.Its very clear.I am sure they would ask Suntai to run a 100m race to be sure he is fit to stay in Government soon.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 29, 2013
teskyg: Negative voices of Islamic Fundamentalist.Its very clear.I am sure they would ask Suntai to run a 100m race to be sure he is fit to stay in Government soon.

I thought your constant refrain betrayed a particular trajectory, and it turns I was not wrong.

teskyg: I quit been a Muslim after the Danish Cartoon riot in the North.I faced a lot of hostility from my Family.Today,I found the real peace in Jesus Christ.Pls,join me.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that it is the new converts on both sides of the divide who lack the sense of perspective to situate events in an appropriate context. Yes, I am referring to jihadists as well crusaders, like you, who operate in the mistaken belief that your adherence to a particular faith can only be secured through the denigration of others.
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by tundemogba12(m): 10:39am On Aug 29, 2013
This country is terribly sick. This man needs prolonged medical care instead of this stage managed fitness test. My pity goes to taraba people who are saddled with a medically unfit governor.
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by doctokwus: 11:03am On Aug 29, 2013
Its clear dat d aim of family members/close associates of suntai has been achieved,to create d notion dat d man,contrary to objective analysis,is able to @least read a speech,prepared for him or not,brief or not,clear or incoherent,slurred or free flowing.No right thinking person wishes suntai vacate d office to which he was elected,nor wish him& his family misfortune.Be dat as it,having achieved d aim of asserting his office,propped frm behind or not,d next right thing for d puppeteers to do is 2make him seek for an extended leave of absence,his deputy remains& functions in an acting capacity,while suntai goes back 2fully recuperate,to return& reclaim his office wen he's fully fit.Of course,via his proxies,his deputy can b put in check.This is d reality of d brand of politics we practice,where close family members& associates,are ready to evn put d life of a loved one @risk,so that dey can continue to enjoy d pecks of his office,viz,power to do and undo/money to take their beck& call& spend whichever way dey want without appropriate checks& balances.
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by doctokwus: 11:05am On Aug 29, 2013
Its clear dat d aim of family members/close associates of suntai has been achieved,to create d notion dat d man,contrary to objective analysis,is able to @least read a speech,prepared for him or not,brief or not,clear or incoherent,slurred or free flowing.No right thinking person wishes suntai vacate d office to which he was elected,nor wish him& his family misfortune.Be dat as it,having achieved d aim of asserting his office,propped frm behind or not,d next right thing for d puppeteers to do is 2make him seek for an extended leave of absence,his deputy remains& functions in an acting capacity,while suntai goes back 2fully recuperate,to return& reclaim his office wen he's fully fit.Of course,via his proxies,his deputy can b put in check.This is d reality of d brand of politics we practice,where close family members& associates,are ready to evn put d life of a loved one @risk,so that dey can continue to enjoy d pecks of his office,viz,power to do and undo/money to take their beck& call& spend whichever way dey want without appropriate checks& balances.
Re: VIDEO:Governor Suntai's Stage-managed Swearing In Of New Cabinet Members by OAM4J: 11:08am On Aug 29, 2013

(1)

Peter Obi( APGA) Ordered The Killing Of Over 2000 Igbos(pics) / You Can Now Pay Cash Into Your Account At Any Bank / Some Achievements Of The Ministry Of Education In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.