Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:59 PM

UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP (23602 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Is Your Brand A Nun In A Mini Skirt Or A Thug In A 3 Piece Suit? - Art, Graphics / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Gentleme1: 7:49am On Sep 11, 2013
playstation: mentioning the names of your sites and blogs but you wont want to mention the name of the other bank so that nairalanders will not hack into your account abi (Pure marketing you just did about your sites, na today wey UBA dey as it is now?....na kwa echecky...just the think ooo grin Blog marketer. cheesy abeg make i eat my cucumber joor.

Mumu it is not cucumber but water melon angry
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by akandea(m): 7:49am On Sep 11, 2013
UBA with all their headache, I reserve my comment
I'm (un)proud to called it my bank
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 7:52am On Sep 11, 2013
@OP,
Its quite unfortunate you were treated in this manner and on behalf of UBA, i will say we are very sorry, but i will ask you a question.
why didn't you call the attention of a superior officer at that branch when you last visited there, your issue could have been dealt with in a seamless manner. Well, some of NL doesn't know the prerequisite of opening a domiciliary account and reference is a major part of opening the account. I will enjoin you to contact your referees and still go back to the office and talk to their Business Manager am sure you will be satisfied with his/her decision.
grin
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by caesaraba(m): 7:57am On Sep 11, 2013
Which bank has the majority of cards pictured below? Your guess is as good as mine.

Bank at your own risk. Spent over 4 weeks trying to reset a pin.......and up till this moment, no success. Come tomorrow, come tomorrow, ...........we'll call you when it's done, .....we'll email you.... Blah blah blah! And some of the bankers will be spotting glasses like people wey sabi work. Dullards!

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by dabrake(m): 8:12am On Sep 11, 2013
chucky234: FCMB,UBA and Zenith the best banks?
This must be a fairy tale,I had horrible experience with Zenith the few times I was at their 1st Ave. Festac branch to carryout transactions.
UBA is as worst as Union Bank with their ugly mannerless staffs,especially their customer care attendants.
I have never had a reason to spend more than 30mins inside GTB,they have been more than satisfactory in the seven years I have been banking with them after dumping First Bank.
Union bank annoys me a lot. Imagine one of the women at the counter telling me "my son, don't you have respect for your elders? Can you tell your mother to deposit money for you against her wish?"

I was like "You're kidding me, right?"
I wonder why they brought the typical Ile-Ife tradition-esque people into banking institutions without proper re-orientations.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by saintneo(m): 8:15am On Sep 11, 2013
@op.....ukcars
Please I need info on the elance stuffs, respond to my PM. Or drop an email to contact you.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ukcars: 8:19am On Sep 11, 2013
Ashabie: So sorry for any inconvenience this might have cause you. Was a member of UBA ITCARE,1st floor,est 201. Left UBA last year for personal reasons,but still ave a good contact with them. Dnt no if I can help to forward this to them. You shld undstnd how our ppl behave when they are in need of job, and once they got it, that's the end. So painful have left the office, if not I will personally logged this report against the office in question. But I need your go ahead to do this.

of course, you can go ahead with it. I just saw 5 missed calls from the BodeThomas branch head this morning. wonder what she wants to tell me now
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by playstation: 8:22am On Sep 11, 2013
BabaAlabi: It's the CNN advert of that creepy afro guy that's killing UBA....He is scaring potential customers.

That advert is not done directly on CNN, its done on dstv, they are only viewed when you are in nigeria, Dstv uses the advert time of any other CNN advert to show UBA advert but its always in time with the main advert CNN is doing at that particular time. wink
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 11, 2013
OP, you are so worth every penny they pay you on amazon and others for product promotion grin this your writeup is so going to further do the job of killing them which they really deserve for all the ills their customers have had to endure.

I remember how strong they were then around 2003 when I started banking with them as a student. I would leave Ijebu Igbo to travel to Ijebu Ode leaving two other banks behind to bank with the mighty UBA .Their strength soared for a long time until new generation banks rose to show us how banking is done. They vexed me so much that I withdrew all my tasere money one day in 2007 and left for good. I really suffered in their hands with their expensive but bad services.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by francisbiz: 8:30am On Sep 11, 2013
Arsenal things

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by toskut(m): 8:31am On Sep 11, 2013
The few encouter i had with UBA on Kudirat Abiola Way was a nightmare. The service was horrible and the staff couldnt care less
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by masks(m): 8:33am On Sep 11, 2013
UBA is a dead bank. the day i learnt i was charged for five different things in my account. it was hell that day at their wuse 2 branch in abuja. A dead bank i repeat.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2013
@OP,
Your account is pending approval of one of your reference which account is domicile at GTBank
Your account name has been corrected & right now your account is . Just contact your pending reference to respond asap
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ukcars: 8:41am On Sep 11, 2013
Gentle me:

Mumu it is not cucumber but water melon angry

i mentioned my sites and blogs because i want you all to know how i came about the foreign checks ok, Nigerians are fund of screaming scammer pertaining anything online and checks.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by texaco1: 8:41am On Sep 11, 2013
eluquenson: @OP,
Your account is pending approval of one of your reference which account is domicile at GTBank
Your account name has been corrected & right now your account is . Just contact your pending reference to respond asap
I trust this man,I just wish I could meet you one day.thanks for your help the other day.God bless you
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 11, 2013

Damage control...a stitch in time would have saved...

Tell them to overhaul the brand attitude!
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ukcars: 8:51am On Sep 11, 2013
saintneo: @op.....ukcars
Please I need info on the elance stuffs, respond to my PM. Or drop an email to contact you.

God , am complaining ABOUT
moreeni: OP, you are so worth every penny they pay you on amazon and others for product promotion grin this your writeup is so going to further do the job of killing them which they really deserve for all the ills their customers have had to endure.

I remember how strong they were then around 2003 when I started banking with them as a student. I would leave Ijebu Igbo to travel to Ijebu Ode leaving two other banks behind to bank with the mighty UBA .Their strength soared for a long time until new generation banks rose to show us how banking is done. They vexed me so much that I withdrew all my tasere money one day in 2007 and left for good. I really suffered in their hands with their expensive but bad services.
moreeni: OP, you are so worth every penny they pay you on amazon and others for product promotion grin this your writeup is so going to further do the job of killing them which they really deserve for all the ills their customers have had to endure.

Am not writing to put anyone in trouble at work. Am someone that stutter when i get annoyed so if i had start screaming at the bank that day, i would have ended up at Bodethomas police station, so i decided to lay my complain through writing, i even sent their customer service dept a copy 3 weeks ago - NO RESPONCE
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 11, 2013
ukcars:

God , am complaining ABOUT

Am not writing to put anyone in trouble at work. Am someone that stutter when i get annoyed so if i had start screaming at the bank that day, i would have ended up at Bodethomas police station, so i decided to lay my complain through writing, i even sent their customer service dept a copy 3 weeks ago - NO RESPONCE

It's ok. We really need this sort of consumer feedback to keep our service providers in check. And it works, I tell you.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by caesaraba(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2013

So to unblock my VISA Card, I also have to come and create a thread on Nairaland and hope it get to front page? And that is after writing a letter of request/complaint, burning fuel to your bank every damn day for so many weeks.

Una for talk na, so that whenever we get problem, we go create thread or shout am for Internet make una do damage control.

Sorry for this transfer of aggression abeg. But since you work with UBA, pls try and suggest to your Ogas @ d top to try and retrain your staff. A lot of them are not Y2K compliant! Thank you!
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by solelymade: 9:03am On Sep 11, 2013
Nigerians alwayz at loggedhead wid one anoda. The op is only concerned about d bank retainin their shine and reclaimin glories they are fast losing and u guys started argument on which is a beta bank amongst d lot of banks in Nigeria.
I know UBA has not been impressive recently and if they shld lose it totally then the bank might have to cut expenses by cutting jobs thus an increased in unemployment with various multiplier adverse effect. We all don't want that.
UBA PLEASE NIGERIA NEEDS U TO PUT UR HOUSE IN ORDER.
if una want 100 reason why i believe the bank i bank wit is d best in d world, i go give una but not on dis thread.

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 11, 2013
undecidedEveryone is complaining as if no one is using Ecobank. Is it just me or that is the best bank in Nigeria. By the way am just being scarcastic.
Their ATM is always available. They always have network such that if someone sends money for you on monday the alert is will be received on saturday( how convenient). Yet there will still be a queue at the bank. I still wonder why
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ukcars: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2013
nwawuweneonye: First of all, UBA head office is 57 Marina and not 54. Most times. Poor service is indiviidual thing rather than brand or the bank in itself. This may as well happen in any other bank in Nigeria. Confirmation of reference b4 account opening has nothing to do with contacting the referee. All that is done is to. Take the copy of the reference to. The bank and confirm the suitability of the referee. There's no provision made for the phn nos of d referee let alone calling. There's what is called initial acct opening balance which varies frm currency to currency, for pounds, its 70 while dollars is 100. A new acct be it Naira denominated or foreign currency is not suppose to be opened using cheque deposit alone. This is CBN regulation. Most banks by pass certain regulations but whn the chips are down, u wouldn't knw whn d CBN hammer falls on them for such by pass. From ur naarration, it is though more of knowlegde gap on the part of the officer that attented to u rather than the banks mode of operation.

The customer service desk should have all this information at the tip of their finger. But all they like doing is to give you the forms and return back to chatting on their BBM
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by texaco1: 9:11am On Sep 11, 2013
caesaraba:

But since you work with UBA, pls try and suggest to your Ogas @ d top to try and retrain your staff.
he is one of the oga at the top
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 11, 2013
The story of UBA is still an examplary one when compared with some other banks who have become nothing but professional thiefs. ACCESS banks has been stealing N200 every month from my account in the name of maintenance fee. What do u say about StanbicIBTC bank?
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by mbulela: 9:13am On Sep 11, 2013
Very detailed post by OP.
I see where he is coming from. It is not like he is complaining about Wema bank. This is UBA a bank that once had lustre but seems to have lost it. Banking is a very emotional product. If there is something wrong, even lay customers who know nothing about branding can feel it from the branches.There is obviously something wrong with UBA. There is a sense of lifelessness in the branches and every interaction via various touch points feel mechanical.
I think it is largely a management issue.

Same thing with GTBank. since Tayo's death,you can notice a change with their services. The new CEO seems not to have the same midas touch and you can feel it with their services.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2013
caesaraba:

So to unblock my VISA Card, I also have to come and create a thread on Nairaland and hope it get to front page? And that is after writing a letter of request/complaint, burning fuel to your bank every damn day for so many weeks.

Una for talk na, so that whenever we get problem, we go create thread or shout am for Internet make una do damage control.

Sorry for this transfer of aggression abeg. But since you work with UBA, pls try and suggest to your Ogas @ d top to try and retrain your staff. A lot of them are not Y2K compliant! Thank you!

I beg no create thread oh grin , you can simply lodge your complaint or request on cfc@ubagroup.com
And am sure you will get a swift response.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 9:20am On Sep 11, 2013
texaco1:
I trust this man,I just wish I could meet you one day.thanks for your help the other day.God bless you

@Texaco,
Thanks for the compliment & God bless your hustle, hope you are enjoying your Africard grin
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by chucky234(m): 9:33am On Sep 11, 2013
Its quite unfortunate you were treated in this manner and on behalf of UBA, i will say we are very sorry, but i will ask you a question.
why didn't you call the attention of a superior officer at that branch when you last visited there, your issue could have been dealt with in a seamless manner. Well, some of NL doesn't know the prerequisite of opening a domiciliary account and reference is a major part of opening the account. I will enjoin you to contact your referees and still go back to the office and talk to their Business Manager am sure you will be satisfied with his/her decision.
grin
As if we dont operates dom accounts,flimsy excuses.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 9:40am On Sep 11, 2013
chucky234: As if we dont operates dom accounts,flimsy excuses.

There is a major check on Dom accounts, may be you won't understand, its all based on CBN mandate on Anti-Money laundering.
There is no best & no worst whatever.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by chucky234(m): 9:50am On Sep 11, 2013
dabrake:
Union bank annoys me a lot. Imagine one of the women at the counter telling me "my son, don't you have respect for your elders? Can you tell your mother to deposit money for you against her wish?"

I was like "You're kidding me, right?"
I wonder why they brought the typical Ile-Ife tradition-esque people into banking institutions without proper re-orientations.
LMAO
UBA get hope pass Union Bank sha.
Even aged pensioners are running away from Union Bank,their staffs are mannerless and abusive.

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Meristem: 9:51am On Sep 11, 2013
Why I quit UBA:
I opened my account when it was STB. It was so sleek and swift with a personal touch. It marketed aggressively under Elumelu, then there was this flood of corpers all over the place. the operations staff were overwhelmed and became rude, laissez faire and sometimes downright arrogant. the infrastructure started decaying. they rolled out different products that their front desk officers KNEW NOTHING ABOUT. they started cutting my money monthly under various guises. my requests took eons to treat...I knew it was time to port!

As students flooded UBA, they did not give a hoot about high networth customers anymore, and believe me - such customers have zero tolerance for laxity. their minute is worth millions. so they ported, leaving the bank mostly with customers whose patronage doesnt generate revenue...
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by bassdow: 9:52am On Sep 11, 2013
if i tell u my own experience haha, u go laff tire. I wanted to transfer my fixed deposit from Ecobank cos i was formally banking with zenith, Oceanic and first Bank. I have never liked Ecobank for no just reason so when Oceanic Bank became Ecobank, i first emptied my savings with them by transfering it to a new account @ UBA and i happened to be the type of person who always knows his exact account balance.
So when i put the money in UBA, i learnt that banks pays interest and i dont use ATM so i was surprised when my Account balance keeps going low by 10 naira every month with no increase.
If i should tell u d stress i passed through b4 i was able to open that account, u go pity. It got to a point where i was asking myself if i was being controlled. Well i need more advices so i know wether to fix my money with them go put it in Zenith.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

First Bank Debtors. Starcomms Owing N40b / Exchange Rate: Why Prices Of Goods Will Remain High, Despite Naira Appreciation / Foreign Suppliers Reject Letters Of Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.