Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP (23375 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Is Your Brand A Nun In A Mini Skirt Or A Thug In A 3 Piece Suit? - Art, Graphics / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Proxytalk: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
Pls @op so sorry for your frustration, hope the issue ill be resolve soon. Perhaps those customer service officers were overwhelmed by much customers depending on the location of the branch. In as much as ur experiences are genuine, there are areas that are based on CBN rules which UBA is not ready to break. i understand the BoM had even bent the rule 4 you by opening the acc with one referenc pending @gtb and that is the root cause of ur problem pls pls try and open the acc. u 'll not regret it.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by tobolos(m): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
Everywhere u go,the UBA inefficient customer/relationship is eminent.It takes forever to verify just 2 references submitted when opening a corporate account.The idiroko road,Sango-ota branch is a shadow of itself.I have stopped visiting the bank for daily follow up.

You will can never enter the bank and leave satisfied.The endless queue will take 2 pints of blood from your stream while the unrelsoved issues at the customer desk will make u go crazy.

The employees are mere pensioneers!!
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Gaskia: 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
Yeye, they still hammer my account N100.00 every month. I no dey put 10kobo there again. My sister left over N150k in her account and traveled for three years, when she returned, instead of the money growing, the money shrank to about 90k. Wonder bank. The one she had in Intercontinental bank grew.
In Enugu, if you use your business account cheque for withdrawal or you issue a cheque below 100k. They charge you 105 naira for over the counter withdrawal meanwhile FCMB and Diamond charge me that only on my personal account.
I applied for N500k to do a liitle supply job. They told me they can only give me 25% of my monthly turnover and that I must have C of O. We dragged for 3 months and I lost the job to a bank trusted and banked with for 11 years. Just 500k. When I have given them millions in 11 years without collateral.
Diamond bank has been supportive to my little venture and it's been great. Now UBA staff are comming after me for deposits. That's only what they know. They would not help you grow.
They sack their staff every day. My acc officer in Diamond was sacked by UBA for not bringing money. She is celebrated in Diamond bank today. An excellent banker. Very supportive.
UBA should just repent. They pilfer accounts with charges too much just like Access bank lately according to my friend.
The sanitary level of some of their branches leaves you to wonder if they belong to this century.
In makurdi, one branch has no functional AC....shameful.

2 Likes

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by gayman99: 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
The bank is really dead with dead mangers as EDs who have no regards for quality staff with the resultant migration of these quality staff to other sectors of the economy cool
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2013
Reasons are:

1. Having 10 tellers receiving money, while 1 teller pays customers.
2. "Network is down" excuses everytime you go to the bank.
3. Having more space behind the counter than the part of the banking hall where customers actually queue up.
4. Rude staff
5. The impossibility of entering the bank for any transaction and leaving the bank under 20 minutes.
6. Very little parking space.
7. Poor air conditioning in most branches. "German" fans used instead.
8. A managing director who cares more about profits than customer service.

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by gayman99: 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2013
yungboss:
2% of THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE, not on the N800,000...at the time the deduction was made, the loan would have reduced from N800k.
Find out what the balance was, then do the maths...it is stated in the offer letter, on the conditions precedent to drawdown of the facility.
''Management fee: 2% annually in advance''

u must be a uba kangaroo
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by PriscOlade(f): 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hmmmm, na wa oooo... Every bank has its issues... If you're praising one, that's because you've not seen their other side.

1 Like

Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Vires: 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2013
I used to have STB account

abandoned it 6 months after it became UBA

Like someone earlier mentioned
UBA WAS NEVER COOL
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by yungboss(m): 5:45am On Sep 12, 2013
gayman99:

u must be a uba kangaroo
i'm not a UBA Kangaroo...i'm not a ''gayman'' either...
Op, i'm so sorry about your bad experience...
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by tnktosin(m): 7:58am On Sep 12, 2013
yungboss:
i'm not a UBA Kangaroo...i'm not a ''gayman'' either...
Op, i'm so sorry about your bad experience...

No matter how you try to paint it, the fact remains UBA sucks, period.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by oseiwe(m): 9:40am On Sep 12, 2013
eluquenson:

"Knowledge gap" really? That's not the case, have u been debited on another bank atm before, if so do you think the bank atm used will go to the bank you have your account on daily basis that you are yet to be reimbursed, they will only send to your bank h/office,then you will be the one to facilitate it, my dear brother, its not done like that in this country to be candid.
The case has been settled just d way I want it now but they should do something about GSSC.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 9:54am On Sep 12, 2013
oseiwe:
The case has been settled just d way I want it now but they should do something about GSSC.

"GSSC" tried but just error on the name, but some commercial banks are not helping matters when it relates to other banks, I had a sad experienced before, but I don't need to tell the whole world about the story. Services in this country fluctuate cos humans are not the same.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by Tomoarika(m): 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mehn dis issue went viral. A copy of dis thread was forwarded to lots of staff and we even had to discuss about d issue in my branch. Sadly those found culpable will have to answer for it. @OP hope this has been settled completely.
Pls no one is perfect, it's just a series of unfortunate events dat happened in dis case. Instead of grumbling in silence, request to see d BOM and lay ur complaint, put it in writing if possible and I'm sure someone will attend to it. Dats a sure way for our services to u our esteemed customers to get better.
UBA is rebranding (yes we acknowledge some of our faults in d past) and hopefully you all will soon see d difference. (Just wish Mgt will do something abt dat awful advert tho).
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by sboga: 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
texaco1: which one be unity bank again?na wah ooo.
Very soon we go see anthem bank

LMAO smiley cheesy grin
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by sboga: 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
damola1: What you've there is a business that's built by jokers and managed by irresponsible idiots. I have my own share of complaint, long long list, I won't bore you with them.

There is a great lesson to be learnt from this in this business community. And business is more than just an idea. It's a running process.

GTBank is the freaking best bank!

10/10 times, telephone customer service agents are on point. Equipped with tools to solve the problems, trained to deal with the customer.

10/10 times, desk agents are on point. You will just see magic at work. It's like this is not Nigeria...

I trust GTB so much. Even when travelling overseas. I am OK taking along $5 in my pocket. my token is all I need.

It takes time and money. But build a business that works. Processes, People and technology. This is 20 freaking 13!

You dont have to be the first, heck you can come very late to the party. but believe me, if you do it right. The water will settle, the sand will settle, eventually, we will be able to separate the water from the sand!

I will never vote for a Hakim Bello Osagie, But I will definitely, most definitely campaign for a Fola Adeola...

my guy you need to try banking at [size=14pt]UNITY BANK [/size]- you go forget gtb
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ukcars: 8:57am On Sep 13, 2013
Tomoarika: Mehn dis issue went viral. A copy of dis thread was forwarded to lots of staff and we even had to discuss about d issue in my branch. Sadly those found culpable will have to answer for it. @OP hope this has been settled completely.
Pls no one is perfect, it's just a series of unfortunate events dat happened in dis case. Instead of grumbling in silence, request to see d BOM and lay ur complaint, put it in writing if possible and I'm sure someone will attend to it. Dats a sure way for our services to u our esteemed customers to get better.
UBA is rebranding (yes we acknowledge some of our faults in d past) and hopefully you all will soon see d difference. (Just wish Mgt will do something abt dat awful advert tho).
Yes, your customer service team are really working to put things in order, i met and spoke with them. Really hope no one gets to answer for this by losing their jobs. Will make me feel real bad
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 9:14am On Sep 13, 2013
ukcars:
Yes, your customer service team are really working to put things in order, i met and spoke with them. Really hope no one gets to answer for this by losing their jobs. Will make me feel real bad

I hope so too, but the case has gone sour & I really feel bad for them.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ukcars: 9:31am On Sep 13, 2013
eluquenson:

I hope so too, but the case has gone sour & I really feel bad for them.

how really sour
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2013
ukcars:

how really sour

I felt bad cos social platform go viral within a twinkle of an eye & there has been inquiry & resolution has u've rightly said, but we all know the erring officers will be queried for all their actions & inactions but nothing bad will happen cos its just a mere misunderstanding.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ukcars: 10:44am On Sep 13, 2013
eluquenson:

I felt bad cos social platform go viral within a twinkle of an eye & there has been inquiry & resolution has u've rightly said, but we all know the erring officers will be queried for all their actions & inactions but nothing bad will happen cos its just a mere misunderstanding.

Good - but pray no one loses job - abeg o
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 11:40am On Sep 13, 2013
ukcars:

Good - but pray no one loses job - abeg o

Management can't do that lose job ke, just that staffs need to be sensitized on the job.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by gayman99: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
tnktosin:
No matter how you try to paint it, the fact remains UBA sucks, period.

o boy, tell am o
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by combatant: 6:21am On Sep 16, 2013
i heard that the customer service guy has been sacked
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by texaco1: 7:05am On Sep 16, 2013
combatant: i heard that the customer service guy has been sacked
so sad embarassed
@all,
please anytime you go into a bank or any company and you are not satisfied with the service rendered by junior staff pls always endeavor to seek out the superior office or staff to lodge your complains , this is something i have always been doing anywhere in the world .this sort of thing could have been avoided if the op had reported the matter to a senior staff of that particular uba branch , i did this when i was a student and the personnel manager of the main branch of uba in Ibadan , dugbe branch sorted out my case with ease while.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 7:31am On Sep 16, 2013
texaco1:
so sad embarassed
@all,
please anytime you go into a bank or any company and you are not satisfied with the service rendered by junior staff pls always endeavor to seek out the superior office or staff to lodge your complains , this is something i have always been doing anywhere in the world .this sort of thing could have been avoided if the op had reported the matter to a senior staff of that particular uba branch , i did this when i was a student and the personnel manager of the main branch of uba in Ibadan , dugbe branch sorted out my case with ease while.

That's just the basic truth, now the damage has been done & no remedy just based on mundane issue which ought to have been sorted out amicably. i felt for the guy & his family...they will be a real SAD mood right now.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ijeebest: 8:02am On Sep 16, 2013
@poster, I think you are happy now that the guy has been sacked. lets think about the implications of our actions before we act. the power of the pen is mightier than the sword. Food taken off the table for all the people that depend on this guy..

I really feel for this poor guy
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by caesaraba(m): 8:55am On Sep 16, 2013
Quite a sad thing that he was sacked. However, you cannot blame the OP for voicing out his frustration online. The way some folks in their offices attend to clients leaves a lot to be desired. Bottom line, the bank employed you to serve the customer, not increase his worries.

Ok, look at my own case where something I was made to pass through hell for the last 1 month was solved under 5.11 seconds by another UBA staff over the phone. Meanwhile her colleagues who absolutely had no idea what my problem was, made me to write 2 harrowing letters, keep coming to the bank every other day, acting like I was disturbing them unnecessarily, and ultimately causing me great setbacks in my business.....all because they were either too proud/dumb to ask for help from a more experienced colleague at another branch. And all it took was for another very polite - sounding lady, who never saw me face to face, to solve the problem in 5 mins,11 seconds.

And the way they sounded harsh........them get luck sha.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by eluquenson(m): 9:10am On Sep 16, 2013
For any inquiry, complaints or request, kindly route it through cfc@ubagroup.com or better still call any of these numbers : +234 7000 2255 822, +234 1 2808822. There will always be a way forward.
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ukcars: 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
Where did you get that info that he has been sacked?
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ijeebest: 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
oga,
someone walking in the bank told me this yesterday. Call someone in that branch and confirm this. Why not call the staff involved yourself and see the face he will receive you with. No need to argue over this. the guy has been fired from work. too bad!
Re: UBA: What's Killing Your Great Brand?-A FOLLOW UP AFTER MEETING UBA GROUP by ItoroHost(m): 2:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
ijeebest: oga,
someone walking in the bank told me this yesterday. Call someone in that branch and confirm this. Why not call the staff involved yourself and see the face he will receive you with. No need to argue over this. the guy has been fired from work. too bad!

Should the op feel bad that the guy in question has been sacked? if that is the case , we Nigerians are hypocrites . You all screamed about our a bank staffs are not customer friendly and all, when the bank now takes action on the issue, you come back to say why did the guy wrote a complaint post. Banks even have boxes and email addresses for you to lay complains. I don't understand you people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cocoa Production In Nigeria: How To Start The Business / How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking / How Payporte Became Famous Brand in Online Retail Stores Like Jumia And Konga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.