Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,274 members, 7,826,060 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (742059 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Kimoni: 7:45am On Dec 01, 2015
tearoses:
LOL @Old school parents

Once mum told me and my hubby to submit our passports to her for safe keeping when we visited Nigeria grin grin grin
I laugh tire that day

When I was growing up I used to swear that I wouldn't be like my parents and will be very cool - No smacking and no telling off

For where . . . . . .

My drama puts patience Ozokwor to shame embarassed
I managed the no smacking but I can talk ehn . . . . embarassed

The kids eyes are on permanent roll grin grin grin
I can even sense the rolling on the phone

shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by babythug(f): 10:08am On Dec 01, 2015
tearoses:
LOL @Old school parents

Once mum told me and my hubby to submit our passports to her for safe keeping when we visited Nigeria grin grin grin
I laugh tire that day

When I was growing up I used to swear that I wouldn't be like my parents and will be very cool - No smacking and no telling off

For where . . . . . .

My drama puts patience Ozokwor to shame embarassed
I managed the no smacking but I can talk ehn . . . . embarassed

The kids eyes are on permanent roll grin grin grin
I can even sense the rolling on the phone

So did you submit the passports? grin grin grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 2:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
Kimoni:

Lewis, are you sure you ain't talking about my mum undecided lol...my mum is also like that. Whenever she comes around, she would always enquire about where I am going to and would not hesitate to call me if I am not back by 10pm except it's a work day, it got so bad at one point that I had to tell that only my hubby had the right to ask me such questions grin grin

Like you and Damiso said, the most difficult part of it all is finding the right balance between then and now but if I were to err at all, I would err using their methods than what is obtainable now. Children have a way of knowing their parent's weaknesses and taking advantage of it to the fullest.

I also get very worried about my daughter sometimes. One problem I currently have is getting her to eat. She is losing a lot of weight from not eating coupled with the different activities typical of her age that she engages in yet she remains picky with food. I have cajoled, begged, tricked, threatened but it all seems not to be working. Sometimes, I ask myself what my parents would do if they were in my shoes *sighs*

@damiso -I honestly don't mind more kids but I don't see myself going through that 9 month journey again...lol

It seems your daughter and my son are the same. Funny enough he was not fussy as a baby but as soon as he turned 3 he just changed. Like you sometimes I think I am spoiling him by giving him too much variety or allowing him have what he likes( eg chicken and a few other things)Some days he literarily will not eat anything all day because I am trying to 'teach him a lesson' by insisting he eats what I give him. Then I feel bad cos its like am starving him. The boy will rather starve than eat what he does not like. The thing makes me so mad.

Then I remember how I used to not eat breakfast on Saturday mornings cos I hated pap and Akara. And how I hated boiled potatoes and a lot of food my mum had on her 'annoying time table'. LOL

Its tricky but I pray God gives us the grace to get the balance just about right.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Kimoni: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
damiso:

It seems your daughter and my son are the same. Funny enough he was not fussy as a baby but as soon as he turned 3 he just changed. Like you sometimes I think I am spoiling him by giving him too much variety or allowing him have what he likes( eg chicken and a few other things)Some days he literarily will not eat anything all day because I am trying to 'teach him a lesson' by insisting he eats what I give him. Then I feel bad cos its like am starving him. The boy will rather starve than eat what he does not like. The thing makes me so mad.

Then I remember how I used to not eat breakfast on Saturday mornings cos I hated pap and Akara. And how I hated boiled potatoes and a lot of food my mum had on her 'annoying time table'. LOL

Its tricky but I pray God gives us the grace to get the balance just about right.

Hahahahaha she wasn't like this as a baby too oo

Like you did, I'll just wait it out and trust that she will change very soon. I'm really tired of "working hard" before every meal.

Pls where is Idowu? Abi she go do wedding she no tell us ni? Hope she's good though. My love to her
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Musiwa419: 9:01am On Dec 02, 2015
Modath, i am here. I want to ask you about something
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bravitudenatura(f): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2015
Good morning everyone,hope our night was good. May we have a productive day.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Musiwa419: 9:34am On Dec 02, 2015
Modath i am here
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by modath(f): 9:40am On Dec 02, 2015
Musiwa419:
Modath i am here

Ok, emperor... Pls.go ahead.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Musiwa419: 9:45am On Dec 02, 2015
modath:

Ok, emperor... Pls.go ahead.
Yeah .. I learnt that someone created another platform where we can have our discussion without interference. Do you know the address to the site ?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Kellygold(f): 11:21am On Dec 02, 2015
Help us win this year Cusson Baby Competition. Thank and God bless
http://cussonsbabymoments.com/details/700

Name is Joseph Osemudiame Okoh

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 11:34am On Dec 02, 2015
Kimoni:

Hahahahaha she wasn't like this as a baby too oo

Like you did, I'll just wait it out and trust that she will change very soon. I'm really tired of "working hard" before every meal.

Pls where is Idowu? Abi she go do wedding she no tell us ni? Hope she's good though. My love to her

I am sure they will outgrow it.

Idowu is fine.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Slimolobe: 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
All Prices Cheap(APC)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Kimoni: 4:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
damiso:

I am sure they will outgrow it.

Idowu is fine.

Thanks D, I'll just wait it out too.

@modath - what's happening on our thread? Too many hidden posts lately. I hang out there most evenings even though I rarely post. Whatever it is, the vision must not die o

Cc Modath2
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Stillfire: 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
Kimoni:

Something is funny here Dami. In one vein, we are berating our parents for their high-handedness in bringing up kids calling them old-skool but when we see the repercussions on those who didn't have this strict upbringing, we start appreciating them for that same high-handedness that saw us become better persons. So which is it?

Cc: Stillfire [size=4pt](sure you know why I tagged you)[/size]

Lol, I haven't read prior responses but I think I have a clue why I was tagged. I berate our African parents because they don't just know when to let go of their adult child. Adult being the operative word. It has to take the grace of God to get it into their skulls that their child is now grown and you cannot treat them like kids any more.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Stillfire: 9:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
Kimoni:

Lewis, are you sure you ain't talking about my mum undecided lol...my mum is also like that. Whenever she comes around, she would always enquire about where I am going to and would not hesitate to call me if I am not back by 10pm except it's a work day, it got so bad at one point that I had to tell that only my hubby had the right to ask me such questions grin grin

Like you and Damiso said, the most difficult part of it all is finding the right balance between then and now but if I were to err at all, I would err using their methods than what is obtainable now. Children have a way of knowing their parent's weaknesses and taking advantage of it to the fullest.

I also get very worried about my daughter sometimes. One problem I currently have is getting her to eat. She is losing a lot of weight from not eating coupled with the different activities typical of her age that she engages in yet she remains picky with food. I have cajoled, begged, tricked, threatened but it all seems not to be working. Sometimes, I ask myself what my parents would do if they were in my shoes *sighs*

@damiso -I honestly don't mind more kids but I don't see myself going through that 9 month journey again...lol

You see...
Mine recently told me in an authoritative tone that 'you see all this 'slimming' thing you are doing, I don't like it, you'd better add weight'. The effrontery!!!!!!!! grin grin
As if it is up to her what my size looks like. grin

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Kimoni: 9:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
Stillfire:

Lol, I haven't read prior responses but I think I have a clue why I was tagged. I berate our African parents because they don't just know when to let go of their adult child. Adult being the operative word. It has to take the grace of God to get it into their skulls that their child is now grown and you cannot treat them like kids any more.

Lol...the opposite actually. I see you always appreciate your parents for giving you a "sheltered" upbringing. I see that comment from you very often smiley So now I gat you, which is it? Sugarbelly's upbringing or Stillfire's? tongue
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Stillfire: 10:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
Kimoni:

Lol...the opposite actually. I see you always appreciate your parents for giving you a "sheltered" upbringing. I see that comment from you very often smiley So now I gat you, which is it? Sugarbelly's upbringing or Stillfire's? tongue

I did not use to appreciate them, lol and I think my upbringing kinda killed my social skills, now add a dose of introversion and then you may have one of those socially awkward children on earth. I have gotten better over the years. grin Nevertheless I will take lack of social skills over being exposed to gang rape. So stillfire upbringing.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bravitudenatura(f): 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
Good evening people, hope we are all good.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Kimoni: 2:03am On Dec 04, 2015
Stillfire:

I did not use to appreciate them, lol and I think my upbringing kinda killed my social skills, now add a dose of introversion and then you may have one of those socially awkward children on earth. I have gotten better over the years. grin Nevertheless I will take lack of social skills over being exposed to gang rape. So stillfire upbringing.

Hahahaha I do not believe this one bit... introvert shocked socially awkward ginni?? Stillfire shocked shocked

Naaaaa maybe Stillwater sha
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by taryour(f): 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
Felix navidad ! Felix navidad !
Jingle bells ! Jingle bells ! Jingle all the way . Say a very big thank you to your special ones this Season,

SHARE A CAKE this xmas with Your loved ones, your clients and business associates. They deserve the very best this season. Wish them a Merry Xmas with a box of a sumptuous mouth watering Chocolate OR Red velvet Cakes from Boash Cakes and Events for as low as 2000 naira and Above.

What are you waiting for? Hurry now and do your bookings and let's get the jingle bells rolling.

NB: booking closes on the 20th of December.

Boash Cakes and Events.
.................." Meeting your demands at all times and Exceeding your expectation exceptionally"

CONTACTS : No 1 Olayiwola Street, New oko oba road. By Lasu junction, Abule egba. Lagos.
PHONE : 08061385853,
BB PIN - 2BE08495
Email : boashng@yahoo.com

1 Share

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 7:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
Wow. Very nice decorations smiley smiley
Did you make all that?

Are you like me that starts celebrating Xmas from November? grin

taryour:
Felix navidad ! Felix navidad !
Jingle bells ! Jingle bells ! Jingle all the way . Say a very big thank you to your special ones this Season,

SHARE A CAKE this xmas with Your loved ones, your clients and business associates. They deserve the very best this season. Wish them a Merry Xmas with a box of a sumptuous mouth watering Chocolate OR Red velvet Cakes from Boash Cakes and Events for as low as 2000 naira and Above.

What are you waiting for? Hurry now and do your bookings and let's get the jingle bells rolling.

NB: booking closes on the 20th of December.

Boash Cakes and Events.
.................." Meeting your demands at all times and Exceeding your expectation exceptionally"

CONTACTS : No 1 Olayiwola Street, New oko oba road. By Lasu junction, Abule egba. Lagos.
PHONE : 08061385853,
BB PIN - 2BE08495
Email : boashng@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by taryour(f): 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
cococandy:
Wow. Very nice decorations smiley smiley
Did you make all that?

Are you like me that starts celebrating Xmas from November? grin

thanks a lot sis, God bless you and no, not all are my works. but we assure you of the very best service at Boash Cakes and Events.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2015
taryour:

thanks a lot sis, God bless you and no, not all are my works. but we assure you of the very best service at Boash Cakes and Events.
aww bless you too. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2015
Edwife just a shoutout to you in case you are reading
How are you babes?
Hope you are good
Pele
You are in my thoughts kiss

YPP what is that your new yeye moniker grin
The Mocca i was just getting used to
Hugs to you too babes
kiss
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bravitudenatura(f): 10:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
Harmattan is here, I hate harmattans cry
Madam tearoses I greet you ma and all the gods.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by freecocoa(f): 10:18pm On Dec 05, 2015
bravitudenatura:
Harmattan is here, I hate harmattans cry
Madam tearoses I greet you ma and all the gods.
Hate harmattan ke? shocked

That's my favourite weather.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bravitudenatura(f): 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2015
freecocoa:
Hate harmattan ke? shocked

That's my favourite weather.
Body whiteness
Had to boil water to take my bathe, I love bathing cold water
Had to carry lip balm around
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by freecocoa(f): 10:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
bravitudenatura:

Body whiteness
Had to boil water to take my bathe, I love bathing cold water
Had to carry lip balm around
Lol, I can understand, I guess I'm lucky sha as my body doesn't experience that and my lip gloss stays on, I don't worry about carrying it around.cheesy

I like the atmosphere during this time, I find it very romantic and it induces nostalgic feelings a lot for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.