Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction (21596 Views)

Bayelsa Guber:suspected APC Thugs Chase Away PDP Agents From Polling Unit / PDP Faction Wants Jonathan Out As Candidate, As Party Faces Deepening Schisms / Rivers PDP Faction Expels Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by atlwireles: 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
eGuerrilla:

You are very wrong here Comrade. Primarily because change is a natural constant, Obasanjo would have had to concede ground eventually. In fact, the failure of his TTA, despite the war chest devoted to that enterprise, was something of a watershed moment. As our democratic institutions have been evolving since 1999, we need locate a discussion like this on a continuum.

Obj had a record for 8 years in office. Why are you trying to write it off. Nigerians were living witnesses to the way he treated his friends and political enemies.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by eagleeye2: 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Are you talking of the same OBJ that ruled from 1999 till 2007? OBJ that removed disloyal governors with 5 legislators? OBJ that decimated AD in the southwest with Iwu's INEC? OBJ that told Amaechi to step down as candidate of PDP in 2007 because his candidature has "k-leg"? Who could stand in the way of OBJ when he held sway? If you'r having amnesia, I am not.
the guy quoted was talking of obj before his second tenure
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
Eyaah! Is that ur reasons for illegimately forming a faction in d party?
Desperation and greed written all over their faces.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by kukutin: 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
kukutin: All of this politics is meaningless when you realize that man's basic needs are love, food, shelter and a phat woman by his side.

Check out:
https://www.nairaland.com/1420258/beauty-phat-chunky-big-girls
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by confusion247(m): 8:16pm On Aug 31, 2013
FreeGlobe:
well, they gave cogent reasons. Why would Bamanga Turkur accept court judgment quickly for Rivers PDP and refuse same for Anambra PDP. Ali was a better Chairman than Turkur despite being a retired soldier.
Too bad that you didn't follow events of those dark days or you are responding based on your hatred for Jonathan.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by insideview: 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by taharqa: 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
eGuerrilla:

You are very wrong here Comrade. Primarily because change is a natural constant, Obasanjo would have had to concede ground eventually. In fact, the failure of his TTA, despite the war chest devoted to that enterprise, was something of a watershed moment. As our democratic institutions have been evolving since 1999, we need locate a discussion like this on a continuum.
Don't honestly get what you are trying to say here, esp as it relates to d post you quoted. Cud you throw more light, plz??
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by confusion247(m): 8:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
atlwireles:

Obj had a record for 8 years in office. Why are you trying to write it off. Nigerians were living witnesses to the way he treated his friends and political enemies.
Yes he(OBJ) has a record, kindly give us five of those records.

1 Like

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by confusion247(m): 8:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Are you talking of the same OBJ that ruled from 1999 till 2007? OBJ that removed disloyal governors with 5 legislators? OBJ that decimated AD in the southwest with Iwu's INEC? OBJ that told Amaechi to step down as candidate of PDP in 2007 because his candidature has "k-leg"? Who could stand in the way of OBJ when he held sway? If you'r having amnesia, I am not.
Their baseless and useless hatred for Jonathan have closedtheir sense and ability to reason objectively
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
FreeGlobe:
which of the PDP's are you talking about here clown.

No need for insults dude, state your facts, can't you argue with brain? Must you subscribe to cyber thug attitude?
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by atlwireles: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
confusion247:
Yes he(OBJ) has a record, kindly give us five of those records.

5 men impeachment teams working in state legislatures..
Multiple political assassinations across this country.
EFCC turned into the Gestapo of our time.
Candidates for office selected in his bedroom.
8 years as minster of petroleum without oversight and accountability to anyone.

I can go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 31, 2013
taharqa: Don't honestly get what you are trying to say here, esp as it relates to d post you quoted. Cud you throw more light, plz??

I was actually responding to your statement, copied in below, which erroneously ascribes superlative powers to Obasanjo in an effort to rationalise current events.

Do you know that if OBJ was still in Power none of these political parties wud hv ever bn allowed to win any significant elections in this our Nigeria, nor wud any party be registered??

What I was trying to get across is that the recent implosion within the ruling party is part of an incremental change that has been unfolding for some time now. Our politicians (on both sides of the divide) can only slow down the evolving process, they cannot stop it.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
Factionalising PDP at the National level is not possible as long as it is controlled by the presidency. By Monday morning, presidential powers will swing into action with the expulsion of the alternate officers, followed by the their arrest for any fraud or skeleton in their cupboards. That will keep them from Parading themselves in any capacity at all. Before they made these moves, they should have made sure they have no skeletons in their cupboards. Saying you have factionalised PDP is saying you are directly confronting the powers of the presidency and that is daft. People should not cry foul when the president stamps his authority with red hot iron.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
My worry in this whole matter is that it is more distractions and distractions for the president. Add PDP faction to Boko Haram, crude oil theft, PHCN and gas pipeline vandalism, kidnapping and the main challenge of fulfilling electoral promises, then you'll realise that the president's table is FULL.

I also wonder why we play TOO MUCH politics in this part of the world, even to detriment of development. Elected leaders spend more than 50% of their time and substantial portion of resources playing politics. In the end, governance and development is slowed.

1 Like

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Kanwulia: 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2013
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE NORTHERNERS!

SOUTHERNERS, MAKE UNA SIDDON FOR DIA DEY FOOL UNA AZZZES!

Mu che che che che che che
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
PDP IS IN TATTERS
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by taharqa: 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I was actually responding to your statement, copied in below, which erroneously ascribes superlative powers to Obasanjo in an effort to rationalise current events.

What I was trying to get across is that the recent implosion within the ruling party is part of an incremental change that has been unfolding for some time now. Our politicians (on both sides of the divide) can only slow down the evolving process, they cannot stop it.
Yea, I agree totali with you totali. It was always coming; and just as I said in d other thread, I bliv it is a great thing for our democracy.... Howeva, I do not undastad how this affects what I said bout OBJ? Whilst, d opening up of d political space happening in various ways these days may be evolutionary, an important factor, or Enabler of d process, has bn d General DEPOSITION of GEJ right from d time he became d Acting President (even b4 d 2011 Anambra Elections). That OBJ's Disposition whilst he was President is diametrically opposite of GEJ's is a Fact that is completely Notorious; and that was what I was trying to tell that poster..
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Olaolufred(m): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
insideview: So the G5 + Ameachi have broken away. Very funny. It changes nothing. The powers inhenrent in the Nigerian Presidency that some worked assidously to increase during their time in office will not decline just because they are not comfortable with the status quo.

Someone earlier pointed out that the G5 govern states Mr President was not going to win were he to chose to run for a second term. Ameachi CANNOT (read my lips) deliver Rivers state to anybody and the G5 know this. But he has money and they're hoping (correctly) that he will bankroll thier folly. 2015 is about 2 years away. enough time for GEJ to put his house in order.

If anyone believes an incumbent President (am incumbent anything for that matter) in Nigeria will loose an election; when his head is in the right place, that person is on a very Loooong thing.

Perchance some have not noticed, socio-political permutations the world over have changed. #America can longer unilaterrally declare "Police action" in Syria. That should be food enough for thought.

In summary, not even Jonah can sit
Down as alpha and omega in Nigeria as It Relates to how america can not unilaterally invade syria.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by omenka(m): 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
Great music to my ears!!! Let them all scatter like chaff in the wind!!

1 Like

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
These group of 5 governors would not stop to entertain us. They are very very very very very very very irrelevant in the scheme of things. Someone should please tell them they are punching above their weight. People wey dem wan burn wey use petrol bathe smiley
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 31, 2013
Every discerning person will understand that after the Failure of Governors Forum as a class action opposition group within the PDP, the disgruntled elements have taken their folly to the PDP front, this is where they will be politically buried.

Registering PDM was a wrong move, cos declaring for PDM while holding PDP mandate as Governors would have automatically means vacating Government house by dropping PDP mandate that put them in powerhouses.

So, the next step is to ATTEMPT to factionize my great PDP, but I assume they do not understand that INEC will get minute of PDP rally minutes tomorrow, and its not going to be theirs. They can hold press conferences that has no locus standi to even go to court. They have no savior.

I can predict, they will be visiting past presidents and opposition party stalwarts as always. Nigerians are wiser now, the Prodigal Iscariots have no place in the New PDP.

FRESH AIR TILL 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Emmysteve(m): 10:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
I just dey observe
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
If dey whole Pdp stuff or whatever don tire them,make dem go rest
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by figment232(m): 10:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
FreeGlobe:
which of the PDP's are you talking about here clown.
Guy do u knw dat u re d bigger clown?
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2013
Abeg if de whole matter don tire dem,make dem go rest
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by AnanseK(m): 10:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
confusion247: Why are they still using the name PDP? They should be ashamed that they are fighting for their pockets and not for the masses. They should form a new party or join APC .............but they should know that no vacancy in aso rock till 2019.

What a dunce!
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by omiobo: 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2013
Goodnews! Enemies of progress in nigeria shall fall.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
pieces of pdp is still better than whole of apc
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nonybb: 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
Association of Past Criminals, APC should not take this as a weak point cos PDP still got south east and the igbos, and the igbos still got their back. We are here!
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Olumidzti(m): 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
Matters arising. Things are getting really interesting..
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by publisher(m): 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
[size=13pt]We are in 2013,the next election is in 2015...the PDP it does seem actually wants these people to leave their fold so that the party can rebuild its rank before 2015. IMO

Did you all notice that Zamfara and Kebbi (NW) is still with the main PDP?
Kaduna, Bauchi, Katsina,Benue,Plateau,Kogi,Taraba,Gombe are still in the main PDP.
if GEJ wins in these limited Northern/Central states, clears South East/South South, grabs a huge piece in Ondo and Lagos states plus FCT, him never win 2015 election finish?

Abeg people help me analyze this o [/size]

1 Like

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Olumidzti(m): 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
Nonybb: Association of Past Criminals, APC should not take this as a weak point cos PDP still got south east and the igbos, and the igbos still got their back. We are here!
it seems you've forgotten that igbo is not up to yoruba not to talk of hausa in population. You better wake up if you think igbo & south south alone 'll be sufficient for jonathan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu Assembly Orders EEDC To Leave State Over Crazy Billing / Kayode Alabi Reads ‘ó tó gé’ from Bible at church service / Bomb Blast In Gombe Main Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.