Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction (21581 Views)

Bayelsa Guber:suspected APC Thugs Chase Away PDP Agents From Polling Unit / PDP Faction Wants Jonathan Out As Candidate, As Party Faces Deepening Schisms / Rivers PDP Faction Expels Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by softwareman(m): 12:28am On Sep 01, 2013
atlwireles:

I am going to tell you this fact today, PDP just found internal political peace. Atiku and his gang, just like the NGF, outplayed themselves. Nigerians watched on the as PDP had a peaceful and fun filled convention. The desperation of Atiku and his followers will only make the PDP a better and more coherent party. You don't have to agree, but my friend, that's the truth.
and do you really believe this is the end of the crisis in the PDP? do you honestly believe PDP will ever know peace again?
I am going to tell you this fact today. PDP peace is always that of the grave yard and the chicken will always later come home to roost.

with this I say, my friend, have a good night.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by dedugba(m): 12:34am On Sep 01, 2013
The main reason I joined this forum is to make attempt to correct some obviously ethnic sentiment prevalent here.Pls my fellow country men let us examine the performance of both GEJ and OBJ.While oBJ was almost a complete failure GEJ is heading in the same direction only with greater acceleration.ASUU on strike Health worker just called off theirs,political tension,insecurity in the north and south,corruption.All these we all want gone,but if my president isn't doing anything to change the course of this nation must he continue just because he is from my side or area? Or must I support him and throw ethnic garbage in the face of every other Nigerian just because I want my man in Remember the north,west east and south voted for him.when his supporter attack other tribes but forget to tell him to perform better to win their love and votes then, we are neither a nation nor prepared to have a great nation...My humble submission.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by softwareman(m): 12:35am On Sep 01, 2013
anonimi:

Please remind us if OBJoke delivered on his promises 1999-2007.
How many of the political office holderes:

- governors
- senators
- representatives
- state legislators
- LG chairmen and
- LG councillors

for your constituncies have delivered on the promises they made before being elected.
I am assuming that you know the promises all these people made since 1999 and can list them while ticking those achieved.
Abi all these PUBLIC SERVANTs who are much closer to us don't need to deliver on their promises
escapism. Did Jonathan promise fresh air. Did he promise transformation? has he delivered on the promises. There is no need for long grammar.

You Jonathan apologist never cease to amaze me. We are talking about Jonathan , you are bringing obj matter.

As far as am concerned, they both have two things in common: PDP AND FAILED PROMISES!

4 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by moshino(m): 12:37am On Sep 01, 2013
FreeGlobe: Bamanga Turkur has killed PDP. I wonder why Jonathan is hell bent on keeping that old fool. I once predicted this Andy Ubah situation will drown him

Well, it hasn't drowned him yet, so your prediction is still infantile and wrong. If you know Anambra well, you'll know that Andy Uba CANNOT win any election there on his own. And if Andy Uba were to be rigged into the governoship of Anambra (as Obasanjo did once and failed), then PDP will loose in Anambra come 2015.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:40am On Sep 01, 2013
Apga for Anambra,Gej till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 01, 2013
FreeGlobe: Bamanga Turkur has killed PDP. I wonder why Jonathan is hell bent on keeping that old fool. I once predicted this Andy Ubah situation will drown him
who is JONATHAN wen TUKUR is on a stand?
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by taharqa: 12:44am On Sep 01, 2013
software man:

May be you should shut your mouth because your emotional response, typical of most of you Jonathan apologist , is the usual victim cry and claptrap.
First, which section declared war on Jonathan from the outset? Jonathan had a pan Nigeria mandate. He squandered it by his indecisivenss and incompetence.. Look, I am ashamed to say it now, but I voted for him. it was when it became obvious that he does not have what it takes that most people lost confidence in him. It is you army of Jonathan supporters that introduced tribal and religious sentiment into the mix to cover up his obvious failings and ineptitude.

If Yoruba did not like Jonathan, why did they vote for him? he won in the south west. Remember?

You are saying bring them out in the open when Jonathan remains clueless and lacks a clear strategy as to how to fight even this battle .He lacks the capacity to tackle a dificulty until it becomes a predicament. even this whole crisis in PDP could have being nipped in the bid if he has any modicum of emotional intelligence.

I know it is a painful truth to admit for a guy you have strong clannish affiliation to, but you guys should face the sad fact that Jonathan lacks leadership qualities and the capacity to take decisive steps before it is too late.

By the way, don't you ever ask me to shut up again. This is a public forum where I have the right to express my views just like you have the right to express yours..
SHUT ya little mouth UP of yours tha, guy. And, start chucking-in d thrash above back to whence it came..
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by DipoDaniel: 12:46am On Sep 01, 2013
It appears two party system is apparently impossible in Nigeria.Most of these old and irritating fools can]t have a chance.

eGuerrilla:

Source
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 01, 2013
taharqa: Oh, SHUT ya Mouth tha guy. You hv been running ya mouth anyhow since. Who told you that whateva is happening in PDP today is cos of d 'Competence or not' of d President? WAR has been declared on d President by a section of d country in cohorts with certain interest since b4 he even won d last election. OPEN WAR from d start. The Warriors in this instance wants d seat, and even d head, of d President; that's d mission. There reali was not any real chance for a trunce, at least as far as these people were concerned. The fact that it has come to this is very much cos of d nature of d WAR, not d Competence or otherwise of d person upon whom d War was declared. And this is why what just happened today is in d best political interest of d President: since these people want 'War', then take complete control of d Party, flush them all out and take the 'W ar' to them; and importantly, a clear 1.5 years b4 d elections. These people wud never had been of any good to you anyways(out of their own choice) in fact their continual stay within may likely be a soft weakness - therefore bring them all out in d open, make new Alliances and Consolidate with d significant time left on yr hand and define d Game on your own terms.... Now, just wanna say GOODLUCK to those persons who have the misfortunate to face d Presidency of Nigeria in a Political War more than 1 year b4 elections. I reali wish do them luck. They wud need it

Brilliant. Take these kids to school. So these NL kindergarten political analysts expect the president to roll on the floor and beg and act all conciliatory with disgruntled characters who want him OUT at all costs in furtherance of their selfish interests? Is that how the same characters have been fighting their own political battles with their subordinates and opponents in their respective domains?

Anybody with half a brain knows that there is no room for truce, and there could have been NO possibility of truce right from the onset. These disgruntled elements want to wrest control of the party and determine who gets the presidential ticket in 2015. Do these NL kids expect the president to pull his punches and allow them have their way so that "peace" would reign? Is that what Atiku or Amaechi or any of the aboki deviants would have done if they were President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces?

SMH.

5 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by nijanigga: 12:55am On Sep 01, 2013
" Nigeria's ruling party splinters, in threat to Jonathan" Gej will pooing inside his "pata".

source: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nigerias-ruling-party-splinters-threat-jonathan-225539562.html
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by seanet02: 1:04am On Sep 01, 2013
pro01:

Brilliant. Take these kids to school. So these NL kindergarten political analysts expect the president to roll on the floor and beg and act all conciliatory with disgruntled characters who want him OUT at all costs in furtherance of their selfish interests? Is that how the same characters have been fighting their own political battles with their subordinates and opponents in their respective domains? These disgruntled elements want to wrest control of the party and determine who gets the presidential ticket in 2015. Do these NL kids expect the president to pull his punches and allow them have their way so that "peace" would reign? Is that what Atiku or Amaechi or any of the aboki deviants would have done if they were President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces?

SMH.
Arrant Nonsense!!!
This post not only reeks of stone age ignorance, it smacks of wild and nonsensical emotions. There is no sense whatsoever in this gibberish.
Stop smoking wet weed.

1 Like

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by TGlobe: 1:04am On Sep 01, 2013
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Manlado: 1:13am On Sep 01, 2013
taharqa: lol @emboldened..... So GEJ is more brazen and uses crude power than OBJ?? Choi!! Bro, abeg when were you born?? ... And in yr tirade above you mentioned ACN; are you aware that without GEJ there wud not be an ACN, abi na APC, to talk about? Do you know that if OBJ was still in Power none of these political parties wud hv ever bn allowed to win any significant elections in this our Nigeria, nor wud any party be registered?? Which is exactly why OBJ was a 'strong' leader, and GEJ is a 'weak' one- Nigeriastyle

?

So GEJ is your God naa?

Every leader is elected for a term.
2nd term is a privilege based on results
Not an absolute right.

Besides People of the S-West can send anyone packing at will.

OBJ got the shock treatment from Daniel for his effort .
Because People disagree in a party doesn't mean they should leave the party.

The Party and the Presidency should not be the same.

I hope innocent citizens don't pay with their lives for the dangerous antics.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by dozern(m): 3:00am On Sep 01, 2013
@freeglobe, tony nwoye is a comfirm cultist frm UNEC Enugu.He wants to bring more rascality into anambra guber race.Neither nwoye nor uba wil smell d seat.Up willie obiano for anambra 2014.a perfct gentlman
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Olumidzti(m): 4:00am On Sep 01, 2013
theoctopus:

The north is not the same thing as hausa. Which school did you attend? Cant you see that it is only 5 gorvernors that are parading themselves? Why has the other northern governors not joined them? Use your head
you're the one who's not using your head. I'm talking about population of the north. Regardless of whether 5 governors are parading themselves or not, most states in the north won't vote for pdp if jonathan is the candidate, even if their governors are pdp.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Olumidzti(m): 4:06am On Sep 01, 2013
omoteamac: who is JONATHAN wen TUKUR is on a stand?
lol Jonathan is the president of the republic. Who allowed Tukur to be the national chairman in the first place?
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by kings2all: 4:26am On Sep 01, 2013
[size=24pt]The President Calculations, He has been the only President in the World to prove the science world different from the political world. God help Us.[/size]
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by ilebaami: 4:48am On Sep 01, 2013
software man:

This is one problem I have with you Jonathan supporters. Jonathan obsession with 2015 even when he has not delivered on his promises in 2011 is the root cause of the problem in his party and the country.. Jonathan is the one causing all the distractions for himself because instead of concentrating on governance, he is busy playing dirty politics right from the imposition of an obviously equally incompetent bamanga tukur. to fighting AMAECHI for an imaginary vice presidential ambition.

Jonathan is the most divisive president this country has ever had because he and his supporters like you are constantly throwing up the ethnic and religious card to cover up his obvious incompetence..

GEJ is not divisive. The S/Western Press fed their readers with the junk some of them now believe. GEJ is letting things take their natural path. "no matter how far the lie may travel, the truth will catch up with it in a second". The big problem of the renegades is that they started their rebelion too early. By next year Atiku and Co. will be history.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by francisbiz: 4:54am On Sep 01, 2013
NO PERMANENT ENEMY
ONLY PERMANENT INTEREST
Just read their reasons for being rebellious, not because of high unemployment rate in Nigeria, not because of lack of steady supply of electricity ...
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by cKaiser: 5:18am On Sep 01, 2013
Na dem dem The killer party and their wahala
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by Gboliwe: 5:25am On Sep 01, 2013
I have been hearing of this Bamanga Tukur since I was a child. Why is he still so relevant if he is doing the wrong thing?
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by TGlobe: 5:27am On Sep 01, 2013
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by iconaus: 5:28am On Sep 01, 2013
dedugba: The main reason I joined this forum is to make attempt to correct some obviously ethnic sentiment prevalent here.Pls my fellow country men let us examine the performance of both GEJ and OBJ.While oBJ was almost a complete failure GEJ is heading in the same direction only with greater acceleration.ASUU on strike Health worker just called off theirs,political tension,insecurity in the north and south,corruption.All these we all want gone,but if my president isn't doing anything to change the course of this nation must he continue just because he is from my side or area? Or must I support him and throw ethnic garbage in the face of every other Nigerian just because I want my man in Remember the north,west east and south voted for him.when his supporter attack other tribes but forget to tell him to perform better to win their love and votes then, we are neither a nation nor prepared to have a great nation...My humble submission.

you re wrong . some of you pretend not to know what is going on or are ignorant . The presidency went to the unexpected region which is not born to rule or yoruba hence the problem GEJ is having . just his root . The problem is that some people/tribes are not comfortable with where the president came from hence the attack and GEJ while trying to fight back he is labelled ethnic president . Some people are afraid of the rise of old eastern region hence the smear campaign and pull him down symdrome. The huasa and the yorubas should know that this country belongs to us all . So far GEj has out performed all other former presidents despite the security challenges . Nigeria is watching . I dont know how some people reason . You make the nation ungovernable to GEJ and u expect others to make it easy for your tribes man when he climbs the seat of presidency ; that is not possible . The south south had all along been supporting northners and s west even during the civil war and see how they are being repaid . I think they will fail . GEJ must be president till 2019 or no nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by boladez(m): 5:31am On Sep 01, 2013
To the clueless are throwing stones from the myopic cocoon of power, the governors forum results and the PDP convention shows a prelude of 2015.......it shall not be business as usual.

It is not about who can promise or assure or condemn but he who can act and move this country forward. A man who is unable to manage his party cannot manage this nation. .........simple. The leader should wisen up and fire his entire crowd of advisers including those on Nairaland....if he wants to remain that seat in 2015

1 Like

Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by ziccoit: 5:31am On Sep 01, 2013
PDP is a party that needs to die so that Nigerians would be liberated.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by pimps: 5:53am On Sep 01, 2013
Its difficult to add comment after going tru this thread but u shld all remember we are all in this together.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by akandea(m): 6:31am On Sep 01, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

I agree wit 90% of what you said but the part that says they want to disgrace the president is watery! Who is the president if I may ask? Is he God,a Deity or an Oracle that can't be challenged if he errs or if he is committing an infraction against his own party's constitution?

Even OBJ was not this brazen,crude and desperate....he didn't suppress dissent and opposition in the party. Ekwueme,Rochas and some people contested the party primaries with him even if he used monetary inducement to have his way but he ddint go openly to crush them....he employed subterfuge,guile and tact

But GEJ is clueless hence pandering to the wish of those who are asking him to bare his fangs too early...infact we were told OBJ begged Atiku at some point but the moment he got his 2nd term ticket,he went on to decimate Atiku

That's what I expect GEJ to do but he is too hasty to wrap things up hence riding rough-shod over perceived enemies

You are right, the real problem here is that the GEJ government lack the tact for maneuvering, instead they are going about clamping down on real and imaginary opposition. Jonathan need not be too obvious in his desperation for second term, all he should have done was get majority of his party leaders to support him and not to force out those he sees as opponents. Now many will forget all the wrongs of this factional members in the presence of this assumed high handedness on the part of the Presidency since it is in the masses to support the underdogs in any high profile battle. Jonathan should have remember what happened during Yar'dua's saga, how people fought for him they felt he was being cheated. Mark my word the same scenario will play itself here.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by gr8eminent(m): 6:50am On Sep 01, 2013
What are they even saying? *runs to kill the mosquito that made his new month night miserabl*
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by softwareman(m): 6:57am On Sep 01, 2013
ilebaami:

GEJ is not divisive. The S/Western Press fed their readers with the junk some of them now believe. GEJ is letting things take their natural path. "no matter how far the lie may travel, the truth will catch up with it in a second". The big problem of the renegades is that they started their rebelion too early. By next year Atiku and Co. will be history.

Please educate me on any decisive step lonathan has ever taken in his presidency without his trademark policy flipflop. He lets things take their natural cause and only too late and too little. Is that how a leader acts?

As usual, blame his failings on anything but Jonathan.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by mcmaurice20(m): 7:13am On Sep 01, 2013
Pdp my foot...bounch of idiots lookin for treasure to loot...both factions should kiss hell...even apc z a faction of pdp cos de r al old wines...let dz country go into pieces
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by softwareman(m): 7:18am On Sep 01, 2013
icon aus:

you re wrong . some of you pretend not to know what is going on or are ignorant . The presidency went to the unexpected region which is not born to rule or yoruba hence the problem GEJ is having . just his root . The problem is that some people/tribes are not comfortable with where the president came from hence the attack and GEJ while trying to fight back he is labelled ethnic president . Some people are afraid of the rise of old eastern region hence the smear campaign and pull him down symdrome. The huasa and the yorubas should know that this country belongs to us all . So far GEj has out performed all other former presidents despite the security challenges . Nigeria is watching . I dont know how some people reason . You make the nation ungovernable to GEJ and u expect others to make it easy for your tribes man when he climbs the seat of presidency ; that is not possible . The south south had all along been supporting northners and s west even during the civil war and see how they are being repaid . I think they will fail . GEJ must be president till 2019 or no nigeria.
L
this is nothing but the usual pathetic gibberish from the Jonathan crowd.
was obj not criticised and opposed during his first term? Did Alex ekwueme not contest the PDP primary with him in 2003?
Did BUHARI not challenge him during the 2003 election proper?

was yaradua not criticised and forced out by the people. Was it because they are from the old eastern region.??

this constant resort to ethnic and religious blackmail to excuse Jonathan's failing is not working because you cannot force us to acknowledge a performance that is not there .
Jonathan should face governance. His too early obsession with 2015 is what is causing all these problems in his party and overheating the polity.
Re: Why We Broke Away - PDP Faction by THEJOURNALIST: 7:29am On Sep 01, 2013
As a die-hard WWE fan, I learnt one thing from Vince
Mcmahon himself......''No one man is bigger than
this business''
If this notion is anytin to go by here in Nigerian
politics, I will like to agree with Vince that NO ONE
MAN IS BIGGER THAN PDP, NO ONE MAN IS BIGGER
THAN NIGERIA.........
All these crises both in PDP and Nigeria as a whole
since 2011 is as a result of one man! To be honest
this one man has broken no law in his assention to
power, the people voted him and the people are still
ready to vote him again! This has come wit a steep
prize, thousands have lost their lives as a result of
this, millions are currently suffering because of this
''ONE MAN''
This man's ''LUCK'' have brought ill-luck to unity in
PDP, soon the long predicted extinction of the
Nigerian state will happen because of this one man!
The question is, is this one man now bigger than
PDP or Nigeria? Thanks to Vince Mcmahon I don't
agree with that.
Instead of us keep sacrificing our lives, peace and
unity just to keep this one man in power, I suggest
we sacrifice this one man to safe our democracy, to
save our great party, to save our great nation!
because NO ONE MAN IS BIGGER THAN ALLL OF
THESE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kayode Alabi Reads ‘ó tó gé’ from Bible at church service / Fani-kayode Congratulates Sharon Ikeazor, Gbemi Saraki On Ministerial Nomination / Dr. Mahmud Raji To Be Imposed As CMD Of National Hospital - DAILY NIGERIAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.