Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:37 AM

PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll (11408 Views)

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll / PDP Threatens Showdown As Amaechi Blocks Use Of PH Stadium By Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 01, 2013
scared?

Jenams: One old godfather in OTA farm is bent on destroyin PDP nationwide.
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by Nonybb: 11:41am On Sep 01, 2013
Let 2 of them appear for the election, i think PDP's vote would be shared among them and let me see how both would come our victorious
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by ProsperOnyema: 11:42am On Sep 01, 2013
I prefer Tony Nwoye for PDP so that by my political calculation, Ngige will be the next governor of Anambra State.
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by lafiask: 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
We are still on it pdp= problem, well there is time to be born and time to die. I rest my case
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by perfectcato(m): 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Prosper Onyema: I prefer Tony Nwoye for PDP so that by my political calculation, Ngige will be the next governor of Anambra State.
I can't believe u are saying dat APC will win after deporting the igbos/anambra people back to onitsha from lagos. Igbos are wiser now. Pls be your ''brothers keeper''. In APGA we stand... Vote Willy Obiano for Governor in Anambra state.
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by fasbat(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
obisage: God is at work. The best way to win an Enemy is to put war within them. PDP is an enemy to Nigeria progress
I pray two persons will emerge in their presidential primary election
So that they will withdraw from the election
u be prophet? ur prediction might come to pass,PDP MUST SCATTER!!!
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by abacrested(f): 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
I think dat PDP want to get rid of this corrupt self acclaimed Godfathers.dats the problem even at The fedral level,I pray it work so we can see gud people in governance.imagine Andy Uba as the governor of Anambra,chris becomes God amd d state will be doomed like Abia.
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by mekaboy(m): 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
The beginning of the END of PDP.

Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by ATMCARD2(m): 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
Donchyke39: THERE are strong indications that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) may pull out of the November 16 governorship election in Anambra State, should the court and Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) insist on recognition for Senator Andy Uba.

The Guardian gathered Saturday that the leadership of the party has insisted on Mr Tony Nwoye, not Uba, as candidate of the party in the election, stressing that, “as far as it is concerned it has no business with Uba at least for now.”

Senator Uba, his brother Chris Uba and Ejike Oguebego were on Thursday suspended from the party by the leadership following the parallel primary, which they conducted leading to the emergence of guber candidates in Nwoye and Uba. Uba had since his rejection also by the PDP secured court orders asking the INEC and the party to recognize him as the “authentic governorship candidate,” as well as quashing his suspension from the party.

However, it was gathered that the leadership of the party, which had sent Nwoye’s name to INEC as her candidate in the election is considering ‘withdrawing from the exercise should INEC refuse to accept the name.”

A source told The Guardian, “the party is supreme than any individual; it is the responsibility of the party to present her candidate in any election and not the court or INEC. We have made our choice in Nwoye, who emerged after a thorough primary held in Awka; we cannot go back no matter what the court or anybody is saying. The worst that can happen is that we can withdraw from the election and let us see how the people who feel they own the party in the state can be governor.”

He added, “if we did it in Imo state in 2007, we can still do it now. There should be discipline in the PDP and no matter what anybody is saying, we must respect the party, not individual.”

It was further learnt that the party might be moved into expelling those who conducted the primary as a last option should they continue to disrespect the party.

On Wednesday, the leadership of the party in the southeast unanimously affirmed the candidature of Nwoye for the governorship election after her zonal meeting in Enugu. Those that attended the meeting presided over by the National Vice Chairman, Col Austin Akobundu (rtd) were the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Speaker, Emeka Ihedioha, Governors Theordore Orji of Abia state and Martin Elechi of Ebonyi state.

Also in attendance were former National Chairman of the party, Chief Vincent Ogbulafor; Enugu Speaker, Eugene Odo; Senators Hope Uzodimma; Gilbert Nnaji, House of Reps member, Offor Chukwuegbo; Kema Chikwe and others.0

Zonal Publicity Secretary, Ali Odefa, said after the meeting that the party decided to adopt Nwoye based on the report of the committee it set up to conduct the primary, stressing that it had no parallel candidate for the election.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/131598-anambra-mass-expulsion-looms-in-pdp-as-party-threatens-withdrawal-from-poll-
.I said dis b4,suspending ANDY UBAH wl cause PDP alot both at d State n National level,and dats playing out nw.I c WILLY OBIANO tkng d lead even though hez nt popular,as 4 NGIGE his utterances durin deportatn saga n APC wl b hs set-back.And 4 SOLUDO,he shld luk 4 any available party n pursue ur drm b4 itz late,coz hez d 1 dat can challenge WILLY head-2-head nw.
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by iGeneral: 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
What's the tissue paper party PDP used to bring Ohakim into IMO govt house the last time? PPA. If INEC hasn't deregistered it, ur customer PDP has come again o.
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by funshint(m): 4:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
perfectcato: I can't believe u are saying dat APC will win after deporting the igbos/anambra people back to onitsha from lagos. Igbos are wiser now. Pls be your ''brothers keeper''. In APGA we stand... Vote Willy Obiano for Governor in Anambra state.
Shut up its eediots like U̶̲̥̅̊ that want Anambrians to continue wallowing in poverty and infrastructural backwardness. After all d noise, Obi's plan has now been exposed... Ngige all d way!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by Dannyvoltron(m): 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
After last night's challenge, i hear both factions of the party are now sharing face shields and hand gloves to their members. The tin go soon end for royal rumble
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
PDP does not need to withdraw from the election. They were never in the election in the first place. Unfortunately APGA and PDP in Anambra state are one and the same party. PDP intentionally sold out Anambra to APGA to ensure Peter Obi's continuous support for Jonathan at the Federal level. We all know Tony Nwoye cannot win in Anambra. When did he join politics. He is just a cultist who used to be Andy Uba's chief thug. Soludo was the real candidate but they frustrated him out of both PDP and APGA. You should all ask why? Because PDP needed Peter Obi's backing at the Federal level so they have backed him to install him puppet Obiano. Soludo was by far the best candidate but in his absence, Onwa might just carry the day because Nwoye is not a real candidate (just like Ribadu was in 2011) and Obiano is just a puppet.

1 Like

Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by AMACRITY(f): 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
who cares? The shld hug transformer. Mtcheeew.
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by Ralfdudu(m): 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2013

Donchyke39:

THERE. are strong indications that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) may pull out of the November 16 governorship election in Anambra State, should the court and Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) insist on recognition for Senator Andy Uba.

The Guardian gathered Saturday that the leadership of the party has insisted on Mr Tony Nwoye, not Uba, as candidate of the party in the election, stressing that, “as far as it is concerned it has no business with Uba at least for now.”

Senator Uba, his brother Chris Uba and Ejike Oguebego were on Thursday suspended from the party by the leadership following the parallel primary, which they conducted leading to the emergence of guber candidates in Nwoye and Uba. Uba had since his rejection also by the PDP secured court orders asking the INEC and the party to recognize him as the “authentic governorship candidate,” as well as quashing his suspension from the party.

However, it was gathered that the leadership of the party, which had sent Nwoye’s name to INEC as her candidate in the election is considering ‘withdrawing from the exercise should INEC refuse to accept the name.”

A source told The Guardian, “the party is supreme than any individual; it is the responsibility of the party to present her candidate in any election and not the court or INEC. We have made our choice in Nwoye, who emerged after a thorough primary held in Awka; we cannot go back no matter what the court or anybody is saying. The worst that can happen is that we can withdraw from the election and let us see how the people who feel they own the party in the state can be governor.”

He added, “if we did it in Imo state in 2007, we can still do it now. There should be discipline in the PDP and no matter what anybody is saying, we must respect the party, not individual.”

It was further learnt that the party might be moved into expelling those who conducted the primary as a last option should they continue to disrespect the party.

On Wednesday, the leadership of the party in the southeast unanimously affirmed the candidature of Nwoye for the governorship election after her zonal meeting in Enugu. Those that attended the meeting presided over by the National Vice Chairman, Col Austin Akobundu (rtd) were the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Speaker, Emeka Ihedioha, Governors Theordore Orji of Abia state and Martin Elechi of Ebonyi state.

Also in attendance were former National Chairman of the party, Chief Vincent Ogbulafor; Enugu Speaker, Eugene Odo; Senators Hope Uzodimma; Gilbert Nnaji, House of Reps member, Offor Chukwuegbo; Kema Chikwe and others.0

Zonal Publicity Secretary, Ali Odefa, said after the meeting that the party decided to adopt Nwoye based on the report of the committee it set up to conduct the primary, stressing that it had no parallel candidate for the election.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/131598-anambra-mass-expulsion-looms-in-pdp-as-party-threatens-withdrawal-from-poll-
two pdp in rivers state,two pdp in anambra and two pdp @ the national level.
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by alarena(m): 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
penny01502: i no fit laugh, biko send this pix to my mail box, penny10502@gmail.com. Its interesting

haba bro, xo u no fit download common image frm ur end agn.. Smh 4 u
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by Akpaife(m): 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
THE JOURNALIST:

Wow, I can't belive u are a goat! Pls use I not we, hahahahahaha
Hahahahahaha d guy dey funny pls let him use I nt we
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by camelus: 12:03am On Sep 02, 2013
fujahbeez: PDP is disintegrating under Tukur $ GEJ due to their selfishness, lack of foresight $ being a learner in politics. Letz see how d Ubas send Tukur packing soon.
Shut up ! Are u suffering from Amnesia.Is it not during OBJ that PDP said their problem is "Family Affairs".
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 02, 2013
Abeg,wettin be PDP? Shey na anoda Tv program? shocked
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by truthcom: 7:51am On Sep 02, 2013
perfectcato: I can't believe u are saying dat APC will win after deporting the igbos/anambra people back to onitsha from lagos. Igbos are wiser now. Pls be your ''brothers keeper''. In APGA we stand... Vote Willy Obiano for Governor in Anambra state.

So APC is a Lagos state Party? Lot of ignorances here.
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by badesco(m): 11:49am On Sep 02, 2013
The party is more supreme than a person or group, so party decision is final. senator Uba not everything money can buy, so your time is up. it is better you go in peace or go in pieces Mr money bag.
Re: PDP Threatens Withdrawal From Anambra Guber Poll by peculiar17(m): 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
Excuse me,anybody beg PDP 2contest?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed. The London Hospital Where President Buhari Is Being Treated / 2023: There Is No Zoning Agreement In APC – Yahaya Bello / We Don't Belong To The Biafrans! A South/south Voices Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.