Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (30779 Views)

How Do You Convince An Atheist That GOD Truly Exist / Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? / An Atheist That Is Afraid Of The Dark!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:52am On Sep 03, 2013
azibit: A man met a barber who was an aethist asking him why he was an aethist. The aethist said if God existed, why were there disasters and so many bad things happening. Why couldn't he just STOP it. Then after some time, the barber met the other man and said why has he stopped coming to barb his hair. The man said he discovered that barbers don't exist. The barber asked why. The man said he saw so many people with long hairs that were not barbed. The barber said why would you blame me. The people with the long hairs didn't look for God. The man replied the aethist. The people would had the disasters didn't take time to look for God. So to every aethist, take time to look for God

This is plain hypocrisy...my cousin and ardent christian was raped on sunday at school by armed robber. She is born again and was a virgin infact it was after she came in from church. So how is that her fault for not seeking God? Your analogy makes me sick. Horrible things happen even to the most dedicated religionists

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by rhymz(m): 6:53am On Sep 03, 2013
auskenfine: Perfection! Everything God does is relatively stable and peaceful!
You and I know that the basis of your claims is greatly flawed when viewed through the perfect lens of serious intellectual scrutiny.
If everything God is relatively stable and perfect and you claim he is the creator of this universe then how do you explain the very obvious imperfections and mistakes in the in the design of an all-knowing, all-seeing God that sees things even before they happen? with all the natural disasters, the sufferings, infirmities, children dying of incurable diseases, children being born with defects and deformities that will set them up for life as liability to the world and you sit in your arm chair to proclaim God is perfect, are you dense or just high on some religious BS

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 6:57am On Sep 03, 2013
@Javnian..just seeing your posts...alright bro, we are both programmers and if we can think of codes that do not exist, write algorithms just by thinking and apply it in real life environment to solve human problems, then it makes sense to think, feel and know that there is a GOD who answers prayer even when it seemed HE does not exist..I do not believe in GOD because I was brought up that way, no, but because I have a personal experience of HIM and when you guys say you want prove, is it a picture you want or what? It is very funny how you guys play with the grace of GOD..We have few true Atheists in the world (these are quantum scientist and the likes who are still trusting their own knowledge of matter until they have a divine encounter), billions of people who believe there is a CREATOR, Christians, Muslims, Hindus...etc cannot be wrong or be gullible at thesame time..those of you who call yourselves Athiests in this Forum are NOT Among those few..you guys should play another character, not Atheist

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:57am On Sep 03, 2013
[b][/b]
smajatt: i pity some ppl here spilin abomination 4rm dia mouth 'jst because its a faceless forum does nt mean its a faceless world'.
Bak 2 d topic,honestly nd tecnical speakin dias no way u can prove to an athiest dat God exist,cos bliv me every act,incident,ocurence has a scientific explanation...dat aside d easiest way to convince such a felow dat God exist is for u 2 jst pray dat he dies "grins" 1c a person dies d isue of God's existence bcoms clear,infact clearer dan d hapiest day in ur lyf.
SO IF U LYK SAY GOD EXIST.
IF U LYK SAY GOD DOES NT EXIST.
U wil wen d tym coms
smajatt: i pity some ppl here spilin abomination 4rm dia mouth 'jst because its a faceless forum does nt mean its a faceless world'.
Bak 2 d topic,honestly nd tecnical speakin dias no way u can prove to an athiest dat God exist,cos bliv me every act,incident,ocurence has a scientific explanation...dat aside d easiest way to convince such a felow dat God exist is for u 2 jst pray dat he dies "grins" 1c a person dies d isue of God's existence bcoms clear,infact clearer dan d hapiest day in ur lyf.
U wil wen d tym coms
U wil wen d tym coms

Pray that he dies You are a depraved human being

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by nathdim: 7:10am On Sep 03, 2013
I believe in God not religion
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 7:10am On Sep 03, 2013
@rhymz..natural disaster, sickness and whatever are actually caused by humans, there are billions of things you don't and will never know about how men continually affect balance..so so many things you do not know about science...the components that make up your samsung galaxy tablet, droid or ipad (which I feel is the height of technology in this part of the world)..do you think those components are cooked in the kitchen? Not to talk much of technology that you have not even dream about that are already existing...my point bro..humans have shaken the balance of things, when GOD created earth, everything was perfect and peaceful, whatever disease you hear of are actually engineered

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by rhymz(m): 7:19am On Sep 03, 2013
Justiceotuya: there cannot be an artwork without a painter, likewise there cannot be a creation without a creator.
if I were to go by your argument, then we will infinitely be asking dumb questions about who created even the creator since according to you everything has to have a creator, don't you think that line of argument is neither here nor there.....so where does it end?

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by rhymz(m): 7:32am On Sep 03, 2013
CodeHouse: @rhymz..natural disaster, sickness and whatever are actually caused by humans, there are billions of things you don't and will never know about how men continually affect balance..so so many things you do not know about science...the components that make up your samsung galaxy tablet, droid or ipad (which I feel is the height of technology in this part of the world)..do you think those components are cooked in the kitchen? Not to talk much of technology that you have not even dream about that are already existing...my point bro..humans have shaken the balance of things, when GOD created earth, everything was perfect and peaceful, whatever disease you hear of are actually engineered
Your line of argument would have sufficed if you were debating with somebody that's neither knowledgeable nor old enough to understand the capabilities of the mind and its creations.

You can blame the human race for avoidable phenomenon cause by her actions and in-actions but you can not still blame them for occurrences that are obviously not in their control or through their actions, occurrences that are part of design defaults can not be shifted to the person using the product but to the designer who obviously did not envisage such problems from his design defaults. if you know anything about creation or manufacturing you will know why there ate upgrades let alone an alleged perfect designer whose creations are riddled with errors and unseen mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Javanian: 7:34am On Sep 03, 2013
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Javanian: 7:46am On Sep 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2013
@rhymz so now you agree that there exist a creator but by default the creations are faulty, i.e You and I..ok now we are getting somewhere...I wonder what these faults are, of what form are these faults? Dude you should take responsibiliies for your actions, so if I understand you, all positive actions of ours as humans are not faults from the design but the negative ones are the creators fault?
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 8:01am On Sep 03, 2013
Javanian:

So assuming i decide to beleive you, what makes you think this god wants to be worshiped? what makes you think he is the cause/solution to any of your problems

Bro you tell me is this GOD of all creations, seen and unseen worthy enough to be worshiped? If you can thank your parents or friends for a gift, is it not right to shower praises as you would your beneactor to thank whoever is responsible for your family tree?
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2013
manmustwac: THat is so simple i wonder why any of you religious folk can't even think of it. Tell God, Allah or whatever God to make himself visible like at halftime during the American Superbowl to millions of people around the world or during halftime next year in Brazil during the world cup final. Is something like that to much to ask for?

And the ironic anomaly reveals itself: an atheist like some others want a divine miracle from anthromorphic, interventionist God which they, in the first place, are bound to disbelieve in given their skepticism: if the likes of Pharoah and Cain did what they did despite such a God, I 'm quite sure divine intervention would at best make many rebels more than Christians.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Mjjordan(m): 8:17am On Sep 03, 2013
most atheists beliv dat satan exists,infact even worship hm directly or indirectly...bt dey fail to ask dia satan d truth of hw he came abt..wel its of no use to ask because he'l stil giv dem d lies as always!!!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UKDBOSS: 8:19am On Sep 03, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Maybe there are many creators. Each specializing in his/her own field. You cannot tell me that the same creator that designed the moon on jupiter also spent time designing the vagina of dogs.
. That is d first step. Admitting dat there is/are creators makes d atheist no longa an atheist. We can then begin buildin frm dere
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 8:35am On Sep 03, 2013
People take this GOD issue as comedy, expecting others to "lol" and award them 1000 likes when they comment, it is not funny, seriously will it be funny when you laugh at my parents or guardian for teaching me about GOD the creator of the universe and bringing me up in the way of the LORD and I in turn make a joke or laugh at your parents or guardian for NOT taking time to know or accept GOD and also NOT teaching you about HIM? You guys expect GOD to show himself before you can believe, HE shows himself each day but you cant see HIM because you have something else in mind you want to see..you expect HIM to just appear whenever you say so (which is supposed to be the other way round) because you are the "BOSS" ?...I am really privieged to know GOD seeing how difficult others, especially fellow Nigerians find it to accept..what can I say...sigh
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by rhymz(m): 8:44am On Sep 03, 2013
CodeHouse: @rhymz so now you agree that there exist a creator but by default the creations are faulty, i.e You and I..ok now we are getting somewhere...I wonder what these faults are, of what form are these faults? Dude you should take responsibiliies for your actions, so if I understand you, all positive actions of ours as humans are not faults from the design but the negative ones are the creators fault?
Hey Mr
I would advise for the sake of a robust argument devoid of childish antics to win an argument that you stop such pre-suppositions as you have written above and drawing hasty conclusions that I have not yet reached for myself.

I am not interested in your viewpoint about my beliefs, my only concern is to show the incongruity of such claims that your god is perfect and created all things perfectly.
I have asked you over and over again to explain how naturally disastrous phenomenon are as result of man's action or inaction, how allowing diseases and sufferings in his design are seen as perfect, if you can't answer them just ignore instead of you wasting Precious time to psycho-analyse somebody you don't and will never know.

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Javanian: 8:45am On Sep 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by onetrack(m): 8:48am On Sep 03, 2013
swtdarling:

it seems you have already formed your own opinion no matter what others say.then i wonder the purpose of this thread.even when i dont really believe in atheists' views,i tried to be open minded.listening to their questions...but how ll their be constructive debates when you resort in name calling-liar,fraud etc without any evidence.dont want any agressive talks,thats y i quoted adexsimply wit d hope of exchanging opinions in a mature way.

Fair enough. I did not intend to insult anyone; however, how else would I state in a polite fashion that I believe that Islam and Christianity are just man-made (which would make anyone who claims to be a prophet a fraud). Demonstrating this through errors and bizarre statements in the Quran should be enough, however this topic is not currently about showing why Islam is man-made.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by onetrack(m): 8:53am On Sep 03, 2013
Mjjordan: most atheists beliv dat satan exists,infact even worship hm directly or indirectly...bt dey fail to ask dia satan d truth of hw he came abt..wel its of no use to ask because he'l stil giv dem d lies as always!!!

Satan does not exist. We humans have all the potential to be evil without any help.

Frankly it's an absurd claim to say that atheists are under the influence of some invisible, incorporeal entity and expect us to believe it. I'll go ahead and claim that you are under the influence of Zeus and that you worship him whether you know it or not.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by onetrack(m): 8:57am On Sep 03, 2013
CodeHouse: @Javnian..just seeing your posts...alright bro, we are both programmers and if we can think of codes that do not exist, write algorithms just by thinking and apply it in real life environment to solve human problems, then it makes sense to think, feel and know that there is a GOD who answers prayer even when it seemed HE does not exist..I do not believe in GOD because I was brought up that way, no, but because I have a personal experience of HIM and when you guys say you want prove, is it a picture you want or what? It is very funny how you guys play with the grace of GOD..We have few true Atheists in the world (these are quantum scientist and the likes who are still trusting their own knowledge of matter until they have a divine encounter), billions of people who believe there is a CREATOR, Christians, Muslims, Hindus...etc cannot be wrong or be gullible at thesame time..those of you who call yourselves Athiests in this Forum are NOT Among those few..you guys should play another character, not Atheist

So if I genuinely have an experience with a Flying Spaghetti Monster, or Santa Claus, or if I genuinely believe in the astrological signs, does that mean they are real? Or must my experience be with your god in order for it to be considered genuine?

Also, you are making an argumentum ad populum. Just because billions of people believe something doesn't mean they can't be wrong. How can there be a billion plus Christians who claim that Jesus is divine and a billion plus Muslims who claim that Jesus is not divine, and both be correct?

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 9:01am On Sep 03, 2013
@rhymz I thought you were smart? I do not need to be as smart as you think you are to win this argument, for as much as you want to hear me use big jargons, sorry to disappoint you because the truth is obvious, we try to make everything complex, and the complexity has shaken equilibrum, therefore you are myopic to the simple truth and like you said we need not to waste time any longer..for if you like it or not GOD will forever remain GOD whatever you or anyone think..GO and add rat poison to someone elses juice and see if after consumption you will not see chaos..ISAAC NEWTON talked about law of inertia which still stands till tomorrow and you are here talking about actions or in-actions...msheeeeeew
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by onetrack(m): 9:12am On Sep 03, 2013
FILEBE:
at bolded. Please...please...could you please tell us the error there? Pleaseeee. Biko

Here is the math error in the Quran. Use these verses below
Q. 4:11
“Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased Left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases ('s) after the payment of legacies and debts…”

Q. 4: 12
“In what your wives leave, your share is a half, if they leave no child; but if they leave a child, ye get a fourth; after payment of legacies and debts. In what ye leave, their share is a fourth, if ye leave no child; but if ye leave a child, they get an eighth; after payment of legacies and debts…”

Let us presume a man dies with both his parents still alive, his wife still alive, and he has two daughters but no son. The inheritance is divided as follows:

Wife 1/8 = 3/24
Daughters 2/3 = 16/24
Father 1/6 = 4/24
Mother 1/6 = 4/24

Total = 27/24

How can you distribute 27/24 of your property God needs to revisit his fractions.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Afrobasic(m): 9:13am On Sep 03, 2013
all these one are just ranting.. if you use the logic "something can't come from nothing", pls kindly tell us where YOUR GOD CAME FROM?

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by rhymz(m): 9:14am On Sep 03, 2013
Again, I laugh at the very petty and childish arguments from religionsts that are supposed to know better. There is this lack and incoherence in their arguments that goes to show that it is either they are regurgitating long held beliefs they find difficult to disbelieve or they are just plane dumb playing religion where simple empirical evidence should suffice.

The fact that even amongst the believers, that there seems to be a disagreement about the substance of God they all like to erroneously claim is one Almighty giant male hanging nowhere in particular and commanding stuff to take shape and form shows this alpha-male is a creation in the figment of man's imagination and attempt to answer questions he obviously finds mysterious.

That the Christian God is different from the Jewish God or the Muslim God both in actions and substance shows the incongruity of the God stories that are abound.

I like to see sensible arguments made on the basis of common sense and the empirical evidence of science and not faith(irrational belief on something that can't be proven or explained) and superstition about the little devils on your shoulders telling you he is the creator of the universe.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by CodeHouse: 9:18am On Sep 03, 2013
@onetrack..alrigth can you believe in spaghetti monster flying rocket or whatever genuinely enough to transport you physically to another end point? Of course not but I CAN have a faith in my GOD genuinely enough to have transport fare enough to transport me to York and thats because HE exists and as much as you wish for a spaceship to appear, it wont because you have to purchase one to have one...well guys I'll have to leave you to have a re think, hoping that soon enough you will experience GOD in your situation...me I need to write codes now
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 03, 2013
FILEBE:
lol! Even God said that in his book. HE said man tries to belly his Ayats and prooves and he only open the eyes whomever he wills to the word of God. We may keep on telling the truth from now till tomorrow, those who will hear will hear. Imagine someone said God should appear in a National Bowl abi na National plate. Does HE need to do that before you believe? Jesus came and performed Magics in God's name...WAS HE BELIEVED? Mosses divided the RED SEA in the name of GOD...WAS HE BELIEVED? Muhahmed(pbuh) came with revelations beyond human comprehension.. WAS HE BELIEVED? What can you say about the authentic prophecies of the Quran and Bible? ARE THEY NOT COMING TO PAST?
I'm sure when they see another miracle or an unfathomable experience , they will say it's sorcery or magic. Well, i'm not surprise. People before them had said the same. If they think the Air we breathe in is not enough proof of God's existence,I implore them to take a stroll to planet Mars without an Oxygen tank.
I will like every Atheist to google Harun Yahya and his works,publications,videos,lectures and writings. He has got answers to your questions
No matter what they read they will always provide a weak rebuttal despite many proofs by scientist themselves ascertaining supernatural elements ........ They will stilll give weak criticism !!!

I called Atheists ''Lazy'' folks !!!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by rhymz(m): 9:20am On Sep 03, 2013
CodeHouse: @rhymz I thought you were smart? I do not need to be as smart as you think you are to win this argument, for as much as you want to hear me use big jargons, sorry to disappoint you because the truth is obvious, we try to make everything complex, and the complexity has shaken equilibrum, therefore you are myopic to the simple truth and like you said we need not to waste time any longer..for if you like it or not GOD will forever remain GOD whatever you or anyone think..GO and add rat poison to someone elses juice and see if after consumption you will not see chaos..ISAAC NEWTON talked about law of inertia which still stands till tomorrow and you are here talking about actions or in-actions...msheeeeeew
typical of Christian robots to get angry and militant when somebody burst their bubbles and they can't seem to argue without throwing childish temper tantrums....lol...sorry dumbo I don't see your God doing anything about it, you can report me to him if it hurts you that much.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 03, 2013
Enigma:

You misunderstand me completely! I was not referring to "Halamin" at all but rather an indication of an "Ameen" said with Kun fa yakun and the "Subhana ......" etc.
Amen simply referred to ''Declaration of Affirmation'' or simply ''Pls Accept'' !!!

It is Arabic which means ''Please,God Accept'' !!!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by hiuser(m): 9:30am On Sep 03, 2013
ebamma 3: to the bible believing and allah believing guys in the house, how can you prove to an atheist that God really exist?

Tell him you are 'Lazy' go to the mountain and pray!

I discovered this just by punching words in it everyday when I happen!

http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=lazy&qs_version=NKJV carmel

http://www.quran.com ??

So how did I see me doing it? It thinks you are 'violence'!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by hiuser(m): 9:41am On Sep 03, 2013
onetrack:

Here is the math error in the Quran. Use these verses below
Q. 4:11
“Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased Left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases ('s) after the payment of legacies and debts…”

Q. 4: 12
“In what your wives leave, your share is a half, if they leave no child; but if they leave a child, ye get a fourth; after payment of legacies and debts. In what ye leave, their share is a fourth, if ye leave no child; but if ye leave a child, they get an eighth; after payment of legacies and debts…”

Let us presume a man dies with both his parents still alive, his wife still alive, and he has two daughters but no son. The inheritance is divided as follows:

Wife 1/8 = 3/24
Daughters 2/3 = 16/24
Father 1/6 = 4/24
Mother 1/6 = 4/24

Total = 27/24

How can you distribute 27/24 of your property God needs to revisit his fractions.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Mjjordan(m): 9:47am On Sep 03, 2013
this is a story of an atheists and his muslim neighbor(yunus).yunus believed in allah,performed his prayers and never lied.he always acted kindly to everybody.he used to gather the kids and ask them;who created you!if they didn't know the answer,he would teach them to say:allah has created you,my son!
One day,the atheist approached yunus and said the following,i will ask you three questions about religion and faith let's see if you can answer them!jonah replied with courage and confidence that he received from his faith-ask,let's see.
My first question:you argue that there is allah.if there was allah,then we would see him,he does not exist.if he does,then show me!secondly:your faith made you to believe that satan will burn in hell fire and you believe that he was created out of fire as well.how is fire going to burn fire?thirdly:since goodness and evil comes from allah,why should i receive punishment for not believing in him?
Yunus who listened calmly to his questions said''here is my answer to all the three questions''and gathered some baked clay from the ground and tapped it on the atheist's head.
The man sued jonah to court.the judge asked to jonah:did you hit this man with some soil?jonah answered
yes sir!i hit his head.however,my act was the answer to his three questions that he asked me.he bagan explaining what had happend:first of all,he told me that he does not believe in God because he cannot see him.he wanted me to show him allah in order for him to believe his existence.then i hit his head.now,he tells us that his head hurts.unless he shows me his pain,i do not believe him.since he denies the things that he cannot see,i also deny the pain on his head.
Secondly,he asked me how fire can burn satan who was created out of fire.the man was created from soil.since fire cannot burn fire,the soil that i threw on his head cannot hurt him.
Thirdly,he argued that being an atheist was his destiny.he told me that it does not make sense for him to receive any punishment because of that.it looks like it was also his destiny to have baked clay thrown on his head so why his he wastin the judge's time with this law suit?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Is It True That Some Pastors Fornicate With Their Members? / Pastor Oritsejafor Gives Cars, Tricycles, Grinding Machines To People On Xmas / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.