Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (30734 Views)

How Do You Convince An Atheist That GOD Truly Exist / Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? / An Atheist That Is Afraid Of The Dark!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Gombs(m): 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
This is how I can convince an atheist there is a God.
These are twenty questions for atheists...if they fully convince me...I'd have to be an atheist. Your time strts now. Good luck

1.What caused the universe to exist?
2.What explains the fine tuning of the universe?
3.Why is the universe rational?
4.How did DNA and amino acids arise?
5.Where did the genetic code come from?
6.How do irreducibly complex enzyme chains evolve?
7.How do we account for the origin of 116 distinct
language families?
8.Why did cities suddenly appear all over the world
between 3,000 and 1,000BC?
9.How is independent thought possible in a world ruled
by chance and necessity?
10.How do we account for self-awareness?
11.How is free will possible in a material universe?
12.How do we account for conscience?
13.On what basis can we make moral judgements?
14.Why does suffering matter?
15.Why do human beings matter?
16.Why care about justice?
17.How do we account for the almost universal belief in
the supernatural?
18.How do we know the supernatural does not exist?
19.How can we know if there is conscious existence
after death?
20.What accounts for the empty tomb, resurrection
appearances and growth of the church?
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
auskenfine: Perfection! Everything God does is relatively stable and peaceful!
like poverty in Africa, tsunamis in asia , tornadoes, earth quakes in american right?

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by pekelepekele(m): 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
adexsimply: Really? have you read any Dante Allegri's books? Sorry you have got no point there..there are so many beautiful secular writers

Have you ever read the bible? Have you gone through what is in the book of psalm? You think any writer can just sit up and start composing those things? .

People like you are atheist because they want to live freely . They don't want anything to have a hold on them from doing either good or bad but there is one thing I want you to know and that is .

IT IS EITHER YOU ARE OF GOD OR OF THE DEVIL . You can't be neutral

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Barayeks(m): 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mtsheww..... why do you atheists keep remixing this same topic and bringing it back? If u like believe, if u like don't believe...its ur bizzniss
to those. of u trying to convince em...stop wasting ur time
I have just one thing to say to you....its better to believe so if there actually is a God you'll be safe...and if there isn't you'll still be safe...its a win win
but if u don't believe and there happens to be God......its OYO for u
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Vetsurgeon: 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
As a follower of one of the two major religions.' i really cant say if God exists because of the killings and destruction of innocent children the master of the universe sits in heaven and watch, i cant say if he exists as war on worshippers of the Same God are killed by evil doers, i cant say if he exists as the evil people enjoy the world while the pious people are living in mysery and poverty and sickness while he sits and whatch them die of hunger and diseases... I dont know if he is there...or he is not there..dont blame me cos even those that would critisice me also have the same feeling but they hide it so they can not be called names....

7 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by adexsimply(m): 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
pekelepekele:

Have you ever read the bible? Have you gone through what is in the book of psalm? You think any writer can just sit up and start composing those things? .

People like you are atheist because they want to live freely . They don't want anything to have a hold on them from doing either good or bad but there is one thing I want you to know and that is .

IT IS EITHER YOU ARE OF GOD OR OF THE DEVIL . You can't be neutral
lol..I have read the bible so much...
Did I even say am an Atheist? Am just trying to tell you there are writers who could write better than that..c'est fini
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
TechyGuy: I think the real question should be:

How can an Atheist prove that God does not exist?
atheists has logically done that thousands of time but the religious people can't prove to u that god exist s without pointing you to the ridiculous, contradictory book written by uneducated fellows, thousands of years ago.

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by 4reigningqueen: 3:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
simple

It is clear in NATURE!!!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
Gombs: This is how I can convince an atheist there is a God.
These are twenty questions for atheists...if they fully convince me...I'd have to be an atheist. Your time strts now. Good luck

1.What caused the universe to exist?
2.What explains the fine tuning of the universe?
3.Why is the universe rational?
4.How did DNA and amino acids arise?
5.Where did the genetic code come from?
6.How do irreducibly complex enzyme chains evolve?
7.How do we account for the origin of 116 distinct
language families?
8.Why did cities suddenly appear all over the world
between 3,000 and 1,000BC?
9.How is independent thought possible in a world ruled
by chance and necessity?
10.How do we account for self-awareness?
11.How is free will possible in a material universe?
12.How do we account for conscience?
13.On what basis can we make moral judgements?
14.Why does suffering matter?
15.Why do human beings matter?
16.Why care about justice?
17.How do we account for the almost universal belief in
the supernatural?
18.How do we know the supernatural does not exist?
19.How can we know if there is conscious existence
after death?
20.What accounts for the empty tomb, resurrection
appearances and growth of the church?

Or better still 1 question for the Atheist: If God doesn't exist, what's your purpose on earth; why are you here?

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by ghettodreamz(m): 3:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
Babiloko: [b]d classic wrk chovot halevovot quotes dis beautiful parable......once a rabbi entered a king's palace nd was granted audience wit d king. Nd d king asked im a question,"hw do u knw d existence of a creator?". D rabbi respectfully askd d king 2 liv d room 4 a short time. On d table was a quill,an inkwell nd sum paper. While d king was out of d room,d rabbi wrote a very beautiful poem on d paper. When d king returned he noticed d poem nd was amazed at its poetic style. D ink was stil wet nd d king praised d rabbi 4 writing such a beautiful poem. D rabbi replied dat he had nt written d poem, rather, he had taken d inkwell,poured it into d paper nd d letters formed themselves. D king ridiculed such suggestion sayin it wud b impossible for d ink 2 arrange itsef into a single letter,let alone a word,let alone a sentence and certainly nt a beautiful poem! The rabbi replied, "there is ur ansa. If d ink in d inkwell cannot form a poem without d hand of a poet. Then certainly d world. Wich is infinitely mur complex dan d poem. Could nt possibly form itsef without d hand of a master creator![/b]

GBAM!
LOBATAN!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by ify84(m): 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
ebamma 3: im not convinced yet, more comments please
u don't need to be convinced... even the Bible did not bother to convince atheist... the Bible gave them dix answer... :The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, doing abominable iniquity... ps 53:1

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by MARSHALLMVP: 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2013
For the athiest who says there's no God, has already fulfilled the first part of the Kalimatul Shahada that's the requsite to be a muslim faithful.
The Kalimatul shahada is the 1st pillar of islam. Which is La'ila Ha illah which translates in english as No God but Allah. For the atheist that says there's no God has already fulfilled part of the Shahada and what remain is the other completing part that says but Allah..
When you take a product to atheist and ask him how did this product comes into existence they always have thesame answer. They tell you that the came to being by works of their inventor or their creator or their manufacturer or some sort. So you can ask them, how did the universe comes to existence? They will tell you about the big bang theory and you open the qur'an and tell them what is recently known to be a scientific fact recently has been in the qur'an for over 1400 years back. Then you ask them about the stages of human embryology (that's the science of human development) they will mention to you the stages of human development from the womb and you take them to the verses of qur'an that explains the scientifically proven stages acqurately and in great details. Then you tell them that the qur'an mentioned that 2 bodies of water although they meet but they don't mix one is sweet and the other is salty and their is evidence of that today in the pacific ocean.
There are numerous scientic facts in the holy qur'an which were established 1400 years ago and only came to be found in modern science recently. You can simply type in your search engine "the science in qur'an" or "qur'an and science" and see how much information you have been denied of.
Now the question is how could someone that was born and raised in the deserts have these facts established for over 1400 years and no one is yet to come out to disqualify them professionally to the extent Albert Eistein had to come up and say science without religion is baseless.? And the answer is the inventor of the universe, the creator of the sea and the humans knows how he did it and therefore put every as manual in the holy qur'an for you and I to digest.. And this inventor is Allah!!!
We don't have time to explain the miracles of the qur'an here.. But we can do research and all the evidences are there..

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
Bara-yeks:
Mtsheww..... why do you atheists keep remixing this same topic and bringing it back? If u like believe, if u like don't believe...its ur bizzniss
I have just one thing to say to you....its better to believe so if there actually is a God you'll be safe...and if there isn't you'll still be safe...its a win win
lwkm, are u trying to trick god?
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by pekelepekele(m): 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2013
9jadelta: atheists have logically done that thousands of time but the religious people can't prove to u that god exist s without pointing you to the ridiculous, contradictory book written by uneducated fellows, thousands of years ago.

I have valid evidence that God exist.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
pekelepekele:

I have valid evidence that God exist.
wow, really? oya show us?

i hope it is valid evidence not god says in the book of psalm grin

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight

Losing my religion...
Losing my religion...
Losing my religion...

I'm secular, tell the hecklers seckle down
Your Religion creates division
Like my Maybach partition n God is my chauffeur

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Gombs(m): 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Or better still 1 question for the Atheist: If God doesn't exist, what's your purpose on earth; why are you here?

Yeah!...I yam waiting for an answer to this..or atheist think they existed by chance? Even tho we know no two beings ever exist ie there's only one me, none existed before and none will exist after me. Why is dat so? If we aint here for a purpose, then why exist? A goat exist because its purpose acoording to God ws to provide meat/food for man. And so on
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Mightyify(m): 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
Take him/her to Scoan/ prophet t.b joshua's church.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Soloter(m): 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
the diverse nature of human languages.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by steveec122(m): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
1. Do you agree you are a Spirit
2. Do you dream
3. Do you know when the date you are counting now restarted.
Answerd;
By your dreams you will know your body dies to continue life somewhere; then where?.
Some people give up there is no God after they failed on something after trusting God. How do you know it is the Will of God. A first timer died on plane crash after he borrowed money to travel to his dream country-US.

God want you to take Dominion as you trust in him as your creator.
You say the Year 2013,because someone interrupted the course of Time with a Gospel, After He was Crucified, A time stamp was created even by atheist to remember the day that went dark. The Son of God walked on this earth.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
[quote author=papindinho]Being human being is a wonder, how we breath is a wonder and things happen are wonders and none of the unbelievers can be convinced about the existence of God for 'He guides those he is willing to guide and neglect those he wills'.

And I could see the reason behind Stuart Chase's thought that "for those who believe, no proof is necessary and for those who don't believe, NO PROOF IS POSSIBLE".

My 2cents.[/quote

the signs are everywhere ONLY TO THOSE WHO CAN SEE
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by 36STATES: 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
You can't prove what you don't know. No matter how you dress it, if you don't know it, your proof will be full of holes. That is the problem of organised religion because all of them try to prove the existence of some kind of creator their own dogmas.

Agnosticism is the answer. Agnostics believe that "if god exist or not we wouln't know" because we honestly don't have any way of knowing. In view of that, all those claim of our thieving pastors of communicating with god is b/shit. Both christianity and Islam are just man made just like other religions that existed thousands of years before those two criminal religions. The mystries attributed to Jesus Christ were a copy and paste of earlier gods that existed thousands of years before christianity.

5 Likes

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
Bara-yeks:

cheesy So, no be today wey dem mix and remix this topic!
Na wa O!
I'm laughing in 3D grin grin grin
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by drnoel: 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
U can try but I don't think u would succeed. Agnostics are even worse.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by ekea2001: 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Desric(m): 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
Babiloko: if d creator was created dhu u tink he'll stil b d creator?....GOD is d beginin, u'll stil find out in d end
But in ur illustration, the poet didn't create himself... Someone created him and he in turn wrote the poem. So if God created all things, then how did He come about? If you say He is the beginning and the end, then we might as well believe that humans are God to themselves. As I will always say, "Value of a God depends solely on those who worship Him and the value they place on Him". Because if Humans stops any art of worship, I don't think the heavens will fall. Nevertheless humans don't need to wait till when the world will come to an end, let us just stop giving birth and let's see if in about 200yrs if there will be anything like the world and end time again. We are the ones responsible for the Earth, we plan it and we keep it. So I don't think there will ever be a clear cut symbol or practise to prove that there is a God other than the fictions and imaginations we believe in as humans, all I can say is that there are aliens or higher being with more experience and civilization and they are the ones who sees and controls us humans because they know more than us.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by elliottibanga(m): 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
I'll just leave this short story here....

http://www.chucklorre.com/index-bbt.php?p=349

Every night before going to bed, he would brush his teeth and make a preemptive attempt to void his bladder. He then walked into his closet, got on his knees in front of the shoe rack and prayed to a god whose unlikely existence he likened to an ongoing quantum event. In his mind, the act of kneeling mattered not at all to this supposed god. He could just as well pray standing naked on his head with his ass serving as a fleshy vase for a bouquet of flowers. The penitential pose was only useful as a demonstration of his humility in the face of the infinite (although when things were going his way, it was more of a feigned humility). The prayers themselves mostly consisted of thanking his sub-atomic almighty verb for assembling an infrastructure that allowed for life to exist. This included, in no particular order, the various laws of physics, gravity, organic chemistry and thermodynamics. And, since it was his belief that sentient life was created by an insentient universe in order for the insentient universe to be admired, he made an effort in his prayers to tell the insentience, "nice work" or "way to go". Finally, he would close with a plea for this nameless everything to look after the less fortunate. "Please god, despite the clear evidence that it's not in your nature to care, bring love and happiness to all the souls who suffer." Then, his heart filled with grace, he would climb into bed and sleep peacefully until he dreamed he was standing in his closet and peeing on his shoes - god's clever way of telling him he had to wake up and go to the bathroom.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by vedaxcool(m): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
God over the ages have revealed himself to man, through the good books and finally in the Qur'an which contains knowledge that clearly would have been logically impossible for any man at that time to state with 100% accuracy e.g.

In Verses 68-69, we are told that it is the female bee that makes honey, a very recent bit of knowledge for humans. We know now that male bees die after mating with the queen and live only for about 90 days. Only female bees survive to be the workers, which gather nectar and make honey. This bit of knowledge could never be known to humans before the invention and use of microscopes. It is another piece of evidence that the author of the Holy Quran could never be a human being about 1428 years ago. Rather, He is the All Knowledgeable One.

And your Lord inspired the female bees to take (build) its houses (hives) on mountains, trees, and in (people's) gardens

Then (you female bee) eat from all the fruits and (you female bee) follow the ways of your Lord laid down (for you). There emerges from their bellies a drink, varying in colors, in which there is healing (cure) for people. In that, (there) is a sign for a people who give thought (Al-Na'hl, 16: 68-69).

وَأَوْحَىٰ رَبُّكَ إِلَى النَّحْلِ أَنِ اتَّخِذِي مِنَ الْجِبَالِ بُيُوتًا وَمِنَ الشَّجَرِ وَمِمَّا يَعْرِشُونَ

ثُمَّ كُلِي مِن كُلِّ الثَّمَرَاتِ فَاسْلُكِي سُبُلَ رَبِّكِ ذُلُلًا ۚ يَخْرُجُ مِن بُطُونِهَا شَرَابٌ مُّخْتَلِفٌ أَلْوَانُهُ فِيهِ شِفَاءٌ لِّلنَّاسِ ۗ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَةً لِّقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ (النحل ، 16: 68-69).

In dealing with Verse 68, some translators did not pay attention to the feminine form of the Arabic verb (اتَّخِذِي), which refers to female bees in particular, not bees in general. The same meaning is confirmed in Verse 69, in verbs (كُلِي), which means "you female bee eat," and verb (فَاسْلُكِي), which means "you female bee follow."

http://www.aljazeerah.info/Islamic%20Editorials/2007/September/The%20Scientific%20Evidence%20That%20God%20Exists%20and%20the%20Holy%20Qur%27an%20Is%20His%20Message%20to%20Humanity%20By%20Hassan%20Ali%20El-Najjar.htm
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Desric(m): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
MARSHALL MVP: For the athiest who says there's no God, has already fulfilled the first part of the Kalimatul Shahada that's the requsite to be a muslim faithful.
The Kalimatul shahada is the 1st pillar of islam. Which is La'ila Ha illah which translates in english as No God but Allah. For the atheist that says there's no God has already fulfilled part of the Shahada and what remain is the other completing part that says but Allah..
When you take a product to atheist and ask him how did this product comes into existence they always have thesame answer. They tell you that the came to being by works of their inventor or their creator or their manufacturer or some sort. So you can ask them, how did the universe comes to existence? They will tell you about the big bang theory and you open the qur'an and tell them what is recently known to be a scientific fact recently has been in the qur'an for over 1400 years back. Then you ask them about the stages of human embryology (that's the science of human development) they will mention to you the stages of human development from the womb and you take them to the verses of qur'an that explains the scientifically proven stages acqurately and in great details. Then you tell them that the qur'an mentioned that 2 bodies of water although they meet but they don't mix one is sweet and the other is salty and their is evidence of that today in the pacific ocean.
There are numerous scientic facts in the holy qur'an which were established 1400 years ago and only came to be found in modern science recently. You can simply type in your search engine "the science in qur'an" or "qur'an and science" and see how much information you have been denied of.
Now the question is how could someone that was born and raised in the deserts have these facts established for over 1400 years and no one is yet to come out to disqualify them professionally to the extent Albert Eistein had to come up and say science without religion is baseless.? And the answer is the inventor of the universe, the creator of the sea and the humans knows how he did it and therefore put every as manual in the holy qur'an for you and I to digest.. And this inventor is Allah!!!
We don't have time to explain the miracles of the qur'an here.. But we can do research and all the evidences are there..
But those who lived 1400 yrs even 5000yrs ago where humans nd they started the development of science because they made chariot of wheels, steel swords, helmets etc. They made irons, canoes etc. So they are humans and as you know, they were even more intelligent because all their assertions were made from practical knowledge as they weren't as lazy and greedy as these generation, they were adventurers who had great inquisitive minds. That means its possible for then to have proven several things if they so wished so no surprise if you see some scientific proven facts in the holy books.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
I will only believe that there is no God if only you could tel me what happened around you when you were asleep, if only the same alarm that woke you this morning could wake a dead man, or mayb you kil yourself and stil raise yourself back 2 life....ONLY A FOOL WILL SAY THAT THERE IS NO GOD,indeed there is a God in heaven, believe it or not.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by lonzo(m): 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
Without FAITH you can't please God . The quest for atheist searching for physical manifestation of God is the reason the ANTI CHRIST will deceive most of them because this signs you seek he'll show them to you .

God is love . study the Bible and ask for guidance from the Holy Spirit and he'll show you things and ease you into peace

Merismus

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Ramtzy: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
It's very simple. Take him/her with no communication gadget on a boat ride to the centre of Atlantic ocean and no one in sight to call for help. Abandon him/her there in the boat with a hole from beneath to let in water at a slow pace.... No one will ask him/her to call on God for miracle when faced with death situation with no escape route...""""Instant auto reset of brain"""

Seriously speaking there is no atheist in a sinking ship....

Naturally, human are created with innate believe of existence of supreme being "God" and zeal to want to recognize Him through worship which has given birth to different religions in the world from it inception till date.

Atheist lies their believe on science, while science lies its believe/doctrine/theory on discovery of things he never created rather meant existing and transform it to another form for human needs... a popular saying that scientific theory of today is a fallacy of tomorrow...this is true as human knowledges are limited...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

"God Would Do It Is A Slogan Of The Indolent" - Bishop Oyedepo / Esther Ajayi Hosts Sanwo-Olu Ahead Of Dedication Of Lagos Cathedral (Photos) / Victor Eghan: Watching Game Of Thrones Will Lead You To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.