Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

No Matter What - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / No Matter What (23543 Views)

*****no Matter What******* Chapter One / *****no Matter What******* Chapter One / Don't Quit No Matter What........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
-74-

Tolulope was still amazed, Olajumoke was depressed and crying. "What do we do now?" She asked panting.

'It's not up to that dear, I don't like the way you are just crying like this o.' Tolulope stared at her for a while and faced the track back.

'Why won't I be like this?' We are talking about a whole child here!' She exclaimed.

'Wait, something just dropped into my mind. I don't know. Should I call Seun to ask if he's there with Tomisin?' He asked thoughtfully.

'Where? Just call him if that will be the solution to this problem now.' She uttered, still looking sad.

'Maybe he's in there house, thats what I'm driving at.' Tolulope added.

'Do you think he'll be at home now?' Olajumoke asked.

'Who knows, let me just do that and know if that's the case so that our minds can be at rest. 'He said, bringing out his cell phone from his pocket and parked the car, dialing Seun's phone number.

Tomisin was already in her room, still weeping. She was deeply hurt in her. "How I wish this never happened!" She thought and lamented as she was crying. Not quite long after, her cell phone also started ringing out beside the shelf where she angrily dropped it after reading the piece on Facebook.

"Who is this again?" She lamented as she walked sluggishly to the shelf and picked her phone. It was Seun calling.

She picked the phone and tried to ammend her voice so that Seun won't notice her weeping.

'Hello, my darling daughter.' He said.

'Yes dad, how has been work?' She tried smiling.

'God is to be thanked dear. I just wanna ask if Temitope is there.' Seun uttered.

'Tope? He's not here now. Why are you asking dad.' She asked thoughtfully.

His parents just called me to ask, I think something is happening,. He's not at home and it seemed something has gone wrong.' He spoke.

'That's somehow funny to me. We spoke few moments ago, let me call him and ask where he is.' She uttered.

The call ended, she dialed Temitope's cell phone number amd Temitope picked it up. She was amazed that he picked up her call but ignored other people's. "Tope!" she exclaimed.

'Yeah dearie, hope you've stopped crying? Just don't worry, leave me to her.' He uttered.

'Where are you presently? ' She asked quickly.

'You're funny, why did you just ask of that now?' He smiled.

'Just answer me, you left the house right?' she uttered.

'Alright, yeah. So how did you get to know? 'He inquired thoughtfully.

'You know yourself that you've caused pandemonium at home. You've made everyone panting and even mum crying.' She said.

'How did you know that!' He exclaimed.

'Sure now, I know she's a woman, she must have been doing that.' She said, shaking her head.

'I'm not stepping into that house, mum has been a bone in my throat! ' He shouted.

'Alright, please. Never mind her, I plead, please.' she repeated.

ALRIGHT, he uttered unhappily.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
It ought to be longer than ds bt tz not eady to type on ds ipad with me..... so sorry, fenx 4 reading bosses!
Re: No Matter What by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 11:15pm On Oct 28, 2013
It's beta dan ntn....
Re: No Matter What by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 11:15pm On Oct 28, 2013
It's beta dan ntn....
Re: No Matter What by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 11:16pm On Oct 28, 2013
It's beta dan ntn.... Nic update
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:05am On Oct 29, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: It's beta dan ntn.... Nic update

THANKS4 D COMMENT.... TRYING TO GET THINGS BACK 2 D NORMAL ROUTE NOW^.....
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
-75-

Temitope headed back home. He drove into the compound he changed his look to that of an angry person's. He packed his things back from the car and slammed the door, walking inside the house when Jesse ran to him. "Oga, where did you go to? You've set our minds beating faster than we could ever imagined.' He uttered, stretching his right hand, to render help to him on carrying his bag in.

Temitope stared at him and shook his head, he didn't bother to reply him, he walked inside the house.

"What's usually wrong with this guy!" Jesse uttered quietly, walking back to the gate.

Fola started making jest of Jesse, mimicking him and laughing out loud. "You'll never listen, can you now see?" He laughed.

'Right from time, I've always known you don't have a brain. Empty barrel, at least I still expressed my feelings towards him, not like you that will be backbiting!' He exclaimed angrily having his sit.

'Don't you know a man that doesn't have a brain at all, is better than a man that has, but doesn't know how to manage it!' Fola continued laughing.

Temitope entered into the living room, looking innocently. He stood by the sofa near the door, his head was down, he couldn't look at his parents.

'And is this fair? Does this make sense?' Olajumoke asked, staring at him.

"Wait, I can't still believe you are the one. You left your father's house because of an ordinary girl?" Tolulope asked shaking his head.

"Point of correction dad!" He exclaimed. "She is not a girl, she's not even ordinary." He concluded.

'So you can now talk back at your father, right?' Olajumoke frowned.

"Now, explain to me why she is not ordinary and why she's not a girl. " Tolulope frowned back.

'Now, her grandparents killed mine.....

'Good you know. ' Tolulope interrupted, nodding as his approval to what he just said.

'Mr Seun, her father also hated my mum.....'

" Good you know that too, so whay have you chosen someone like that?" Tolulope interrupted again.

'Father, let me land!' He uttered raising his head up, looking at him.

'Do you know God's will for your lives? Do you know if your parents were to be alive if you would be someone today? Do you think if Tomisin's dad had liked you your future would not have been aborted? Do you know the reason why God has connected we two together? Do you know why you weren't killed then? Do you know our various purposes of coming to the earth?' He asked.

Everyone was mute. Tolulope and Olajumoke couldnt utter a word where they were. They were only thinking on how his brain could have worked in such a way like that. Tolulope didn't want to admit the defeat. "Alright, lets forget about all that. What if she is now HIV/AIDS positive because of the rape?"

"Lets all stop beating about the bush. It's high time we all reasoned according to God's will. We both went for the test and she was negative, she wasn't pregnant also, its God's will, if not the subject would have changed. For your information, do you know if the result was to be she being pregnant, nothing can still separate us at all."

TOLULOPE AND OLAJUMOKE GLANCED AT EACH OTHER

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
-75-

Temitope headed back home. He drove into the compound he changed his look to that of an angry person's. He packed his things back from the car and slammed the door, walking inside the house when Jesse ran to him. "Oga, where did you go to? You've set our minds beating faster than we could ever imagined.' He uttered, stretching his right hand, to render help to him on carrying his bag in.

Temitope stared at him and shook his head, he didn't bother to reply him, he walked inside the house.

"What's usually wrong with this guy!" Jesse uttered quietly, walking back to the gate.

Fola started making jest of Jesse, mimicking him and laughing out loud. "You'll never listen, can you now see?" He laughed.

'Right from time, I've always known you don't have a brain. Empty barrel, at least I still expressed my feelings towards him, not like you that will be backbiting!' He exclaimed angrily having his sit.

'Don't you know a man that doesn't have a brain at all, is better than a man that has, but doesn't know how to manage it!' Fola continued laughing.

Temitope entered into the living room, looking innocently. He stood by the sofa near the door, his head was down, he couldn't look at his parents.

'And is this fair? Does this make sense?' Olajumoke asked, staring at him.

"Wait, I can't still believe you are the one. You left your father's house because of an ordinary girl?" Tolulope asked shaking his head.

"Point of correction dad!" He exclaimed. "She is not a girl, she's not even ordinary." He concluded.

'So you can now talk back at your father, right?' Olajumoke frowned.

"Now, explain to me why she is not ordinary and why she's not a girl. " Tolulope frowned back.

'Now, her grandparents killed mine.....

'Good you know. ' Tolulope interrupted, nodding as his approval to what he just said.

'Mr Seun, her father also hated my mum.....'

" Good you know that too, so whay have you chosen someone like that?" Tolulope interrupted again.

'Father, let me land!' He uttered raising his head up, looking at him.

'Do you know God's will for your lives? Do you know if your parents were to be alive if you would be someone today? Do you think if Tomisin's dad had liked you your future would not have been aborted? Do you know the reason why God has connected we two together? Do you know why you weren't killed then? Do you know our various purposes of coming to the earth?' He asked.

Everyone was mute. Tolulope and Olajumoke couldnt utter a word where they were. They were only thinking on how his brain could have worked in such a way like that. Tolulope didn't want to admit the defeat. "Alright, lets forget about all that. What if she is now HIV/AIDS positive because of the rape?"

"Lets all stop beating about the bush. It's high time we all reasoned according to God's will. We both went for the test and she was negative, she wasn't pregnant also, its God's will, if not the subject would have changed. For your information, do you know if the result was to be she being pregnant, nothing can still separate us at all."

TOLULOPE AND OLAJUMOKE GLANCED AT EACH OTHER

Re: No Matter What by Akinpelumi01(m): 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
Can't stp laughing... longest tym on NL, I've been sick
Re: No Matter What by Akinpelumi01(m): 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
I gbadun ds Temitope, he's 4ny sha, although na 2ru talk him talk

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:33am On Nov 03, 2013
lol...
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:35am On Nov 03, 2013
Akinpelumi01: Can't stp laughing... longest tym on NL, I've been sick

ah! Never knew, a would I've come to prescribe eternal drugs... *winks*
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
thanks 4 reading, still trying 2 get tinz right plx!
Re: No Matter What by Florblu(f): 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
*Still following*

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
Weldone bozz

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
-76-

Temitope continued talking, few minutes later, he concluded his discussion with his parents & walked inside his room slowly, looking so sad and was weeping silently. Olajumoke and Tolulope were still speechless, Tolulope thought of what he could say to break the silence in the atmosphere. He faced Olajumoke and sighed. "See dear, he has just beaten us down, even beyond our various imaginations, what do we do now?"

'What do we do as how? Don't tell me you're just gonna go with all what his little brain just poured here? Just remember, how it all went when we were still in school, the agony of pains he made my parents go through.... Do y..ou j..ust think it's ea..sy to for...' She stammered, wiping the tears rolling down on her cheeks.

"Although, it's what I know that it wasnt easy for you then, if not for God's grace and mercy, who knows where you would be today. Nevertheless, always know that the God that saved you then knew what he was doing and still knows what next to be done. He needs you forgiving heart, not the stubborn one. The most difficult thing is to forgive through pains ane hard time, but this must be done now to fulfill God's works in our lives." He uttered drawing her close to his side and pampered her.

'Alright dear, don't t worry, all will be sort out.' Olajumoke said.

Jesse and Fola were still abusing each other when Fola noticed a door of a car being slammed at the entrance of the gate. He was thinking if it was there the person had come to. He stood up and walked to the gate, peeping through the side of the pedestrians' gate. It was Seun who arrived there, he had come to check if Temitope had returned home. He knocked at the gate softly and faintly.

"Who is it?" Fola quickly asked.

'I'm Mr Seun, please I've come to see oga' He responded from outside, scratching his head with the car key with him.

Fola opened the gate immediately and directed him inside. He sat back on the bench he was sitting before. Jesse stood up and walked up to him. "You're the greatest fool ever, you couldn't go inside to know if oga knows the man that just entered.

'How on earth does it concern you please! You are a driver, when you knew you were better at being the gatekeeper, why did you now apply for the post....' He was rebuking when Jesse interrupted him.

'My God! Why are you this stupid. Don't worry, I don't have time for idiots.' Jesse concluded and walked away to the garden.

Seun entered through the main entrance and got to the main door. He patiently waited before knocking. It was olajumoke that came to open the door for Seun. She was surprised seeing him there. She bowed and let him in.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
Florblu: *Still following*

Damex333: Weldone bozz

Thanks bosses!!!!
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
M really back now, upd8n regularly starts.. Thanks all 4 enduring me... Lots of love!!
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:54am On Nov 12, 2013
-77-

He was allowed to come in, he sat on the offered sofa. He sighed because he never knew where to start. He bowed when his eyes met with Tolulope's. He smiled a little and started his discussion with them.

He cleared his throat. "I just to came ask if he has gotten home." He uttered.

'Urgh!' Tolulope smiled. That... He has arrived in a couple of minutes back. He concluded.

'That's great. So what really happened? I know him to be gentle, you must have really provoked him. I think.' He smiled.

Tolulope laughed. "We didn't provoke him, I still don't know what came over him that made him behave that was. God knows." He continued laughing.

'That's what parents face concerning the children of nowadays. They have great futures but they are not really patient.' Seun landed his right hand on his left lap and adjusted his silver wrist watch. He rose up his head back after the adjustment and his eyes met with that of Olajumoke. He took his face away and stared at the wrist watch.

'Yes oo, that's how it is now. May God help us.' He said.

'Amen, I guess I should start going. I have some things to attend to. Thanks very much ma/sir.' Seun smiled.

'That's nothing. Thanks for your concern about him. God bless them all.' Tolulope smiled and ushered him to the compound.

Seun saw Fola where he was sitting looking angry. He thought maybe he was hungry. He gave him two thousand naira out of happiness. Jesse sighted this and wasn't at rest.

He rushed to Fola immediately Seun left to apologise for his wrongs so that he can be out of the money.

Fola started laughing loudly and seperated d #1000 notes on different hands. He was laughing and staring at Jesse making jest of him. "You are an unfortunate fellow sha. So you can still come to my feet to demand for money. You dey craze!" He laughed.

'Please now. We were just joking the other time. You know we are best of friends. Let's share one love.'

"To hell with Love. Who owns love? You never thought of that when you were cursing me. Did you?"

'All the same. I'm sorry.' Jesse uttered.

'Come steal am.' Fola entered into his apartment laughing.

'Idiot.' Jesse hissed angrily.

The following day..

Pastor Phillips was praying when he saw different visions & different things God talked to him about. He was worried at the end of the prayer and headed to Tolulope's house. He met no one at home, he decided to text them to visit him in his house that evening. He could sight danger coming their way.
Re: No Matter What by Florblu(f): 10:50am On Nov 12, 2013
Wlcm back!stil i follow

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
Florblu: Wlcm back!stil i follow

Fenkz sis!...
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
-78-

It was already December 24th. Temitope was happy his birthday has arrived again. He stood up from the bed very late and yawning. He picked his phone to see if he had received text messages from people, he then saw that he had received several messages and saw Tomisin's own as the first received.

He dropped his phone on reading her text message and didn't bother to read the remaining. He got into the bathroom to take his bath and brought out his ironed "ankara" fitted dress from the wardrobe. He specially bought and sew it in England.

"Wow! This is amazing!" He uttered as he grabbed his towel and headed to the bathroom happily. He got out few minutes later and got dressed, as he opened the door to move outside, he met a key hanged by the handle of the door. He was surprised, picked it and rushed down the stairs, surprised to see his parents sitting together in the same attire, well ironed.

'HAAPPY BIRTHDAY SON!' Tolulope stood up and moved towards him and hugged him, same Olajumoke too.

"Who owns this key.. I... just saw it at the front of my door." He stammered.

'That's your birthday gift son.' Tolulope uttered.

"KEY?" He wondered and stared at the key then saw the sign of Honda logo. He was surprised. "Th..this is a. a car?'

"Sure. Its yours son." He uttered.

He rushed outside to see the car bought. He saw a Jeep, Honda Pilot car. It was a new car, he was greatly surprised, the key even fell of his hand. He rushed back in, still very amazed. He prostrated and thanked them so much.

'How did you get this mum.. And dad too?' He asked.

'We've been thinking about it for long time to make it as a surprise package for you.' Tolulope said.

"That's not all dear, you are going to take over the company of our company." Olajumoke smiled.

WAO! He shouted with surprised.

"Now, let's head to a place to refresh." Tolulope uttered.

'Yeah.. Let's go!'

Re: No Matter What by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2013
Wow, i like d twist you are taking this

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:12am On Nov 13, 2013
Damex333: Wow, i like d twist you are taking this

Fenkz.. Dnt wori, within 3 or 4 upd8s.. I'm gonna end t...
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:50am On Nov 13, 2013
-79-

The family got to a restaurant, Olajumoke went first to order for fried rice and turkey. Temitope also got there and bought fried rice and chicken, so Tolulope also. They got a wine and were served glass cups. Temitope went back there to get a package of fried rice, salad, and plantain for Tomisin.

Olajumoke and Tolulope already saw the package with him but pretended not to see him. They already knew he would give it to no one else but her. Olajumoke later went to buy food for Jesse and Fola too, she didn't want them to be excluded from the celebration.

Tolulope picked his phone, on getting out of the restaurant to check if he had a missed call, then fortunately saw the Pastor's phone number that called him, the day before. He remembered instantly that they ought to go see the Pastor.

Temitope excused himself and went home to pick his car. He went straight to Tomisin's place. He met her and Tofunmi at home, gisting under the big tree in the compound. He walked swiftly to them smiling.

Tomisin stood up at once and rushed to him to congratulate him. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAN!" She said, as she hugged him.

'Thanks so much. I knew your message would be received first. I saw your message dear." He said as they were walking to the tree to have their seats.

Tofunmi stood up also and stretched her hand forward shaking him and uttered "happy birthday." also. He was happy and all sat down.

'I didn't know I was going to meet you here. Okay, in that while, let's all move out so that I can celebrate the birthday for you guys.' He said.

'Urgh, that will be difficult sir. I've been waiting for those cooks that went to buy ingredients and things we'll use for christmas tomorrow.' Tomisin uttered.

'Alright ma. I've heard, then take this. Both of you should share it, there's love in sharing.' He dropped the white nylon on the table.

'Thanks so much.' Tofunmi said as she bowed.

'Yeah, thanks Dan. There's love in sharing, I see.' She laughed.

"What? I've I lied?' Temitope asked smiling.

'Don't mind her jere.' Tofunmi laughed also.

'I saw two destinies together, but what heaven showed me was that there are things around this destinies trying to pull them apart. I saw you ma, and you also Mr Tolu.' Pastor uttered.

'I don't really get you pastor.' Tolulope said, thinking on what the pastor just said.

Olajumoke's phone rang. She rushed out to pick the call. It was Tonia that called, she told her she would return back that day, so that she would celebrate christmas with them.

Olajumoke was happy hearing this. She rushed in back and the pastor continued what he was saying.

"Your Son, loves something or someone you don't. I'm I right?" He asked laughing.

Olajumoke and Tolulope glanced at each other.

"Yes sir." Olajumoke uttered.

'No problem. Take this cross.' He stretched the white cross to Olajumoke.

'What are we going to use this for?' Tolulope asked, staring at the cross.

'Give it to your son, he should use it to pray this night, from 9pm to 10pm. The first lady he sees tomorrow is the lady destined with her.' The pastor uttered.

Olajumoke smiled. "At least Tonia will return today. I'll try all my possible best to make sure he sees her first." She smiled.

WHAT NEXT...

2 Likes

Re: No Matter What by Abbey2580: 12:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
Dan! Dan!! Dan!!! ... Jez bring m out of d suspense.. Geez... M seriously waiting.
Re: No Matter What by Akinpelumi01(m): 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
Abbey2580: Dan! Dan!! Dan!!! ... Jez bring m out of d suspense.. Geez... M seriously waiting.

Why dju so much lv suspense?... Update ds thing oo.. I knw you've been viewing this thread but just want to keep us in suspense for a while. Now, plz update and let's know awfa.... MY GUY!
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
Abbey2580: Dan! Dan!! Dan!!! ... Jez bring m out of d suspense.. Geez... M seriously waiting.

Akinpelumi01: Why dju so much lv suspense?... Update ds thing oo.. I knw you've been viewing this thread but just want to keep us in suspense for a while. Now, plz update and let's know awfa.... MY GUY!

Lol... U caught m.. Wait, let's play a game @ ds juncture. I want answers to this question.

WHO DO YOU THINK HE'LL SEE FIRST? WHY DID YOU THINK SO?

WHAT WILL BE UR REACTION IF ITS NOT SO?
Re: No Matter What by Winnie1950(f): 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
I've been a silent reader for a while now but I've decided to repent. Well i guess he would see Tomisin first. I love ur story. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by Akinpelumi01(m): 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
9c update tho!.. But, 2ur question, I guess he's gonna see Tonia first because of how desperate Olajumoke was. Its gonna pain me if its that useless Tonia he sees first o. Just in a watchout to see ur next update, really, I guess it'll be Tonia.............. Gr8 and brainstorming storyline..

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by D9ty7(m): 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
Answer : It's likely he sees Tonia first.
Reason : Based on the fact that they live unda the same roof and how desperate his Mum was.
Conclusion : It's gonna pain me if he sees Tonia first but to make the story long. I prefer him seeing Tonia first. So that Tomisin and Tonia can battle it out.
Just a piece of my mind tho!

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
Winnie1950: I've been a silent reader for a while now but I've decided to repent. Well i guess he would see Tomisin first. I love ur story. Keep up the good work.
Akinpelumi01: 9c update tho!.. But, 2ur question, I guess he's gonna see Tonia first because of how desperate Olajumoke was. Its gonna pain me if its that useless Tonia he sees first o. Just in a watchout to see ur next update, really, I guess it'll be Tonia.............. Gr8 and brainstorming storyline..
D9ty7: Answer : It's likely he sees Tonia first.
Reason : Based on the fact that they live unda the same roof and how desperate his Mum was.
Conclusion : It's gonna pain me if he sees Tonia first but to make the story long. I prefer him seeing Tonia first. So that Tomisin and Tonia can battle it out.
Just a piece of my mind tho!

Thanks all for the suggestions and answers. Let me expect more responses, I'll update early morning tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Throwback: The British Council Library Ibadan In 1964 / Blue ( Short Story) / Chimamanda Vs Chinua Achebe,who Is A Better Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.