Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

No Matter What - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / No Matter What (23553 Views)

*****no Matter What******* Chapter One / *****no Matter What******* Chapter One / Don't Quit No Matter What........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:34am On Sep 12, 2013
-23-

Temitope was in the room studying and refused to attend the birthday party thrown up. 'I don't know what they see in parties.' He thought in himself.

Tomisin, where she was reading was just remembering all that had happened and thought of how Chief Mrs Florence rendered her help for the family. She remembered how Mrs Florence called her again to please always be with Raymond and help him out.

Raymond started changing due to Tomisin's advice, he stopped drinking and smoking. He told Tomisin about it & his mother. Tomisin was happy hearing this that has happened. Florence was amazed and over joyous. She spoke with Raymond so much before he left.

'Can you now see the work of God and Tomisin?' She asked smiling happily.

'Yes mum, I'm happy too myself.' He replied.

'All thanks be to that girl, unlike those stupid spaghetti girls in your school, you can make her you...' She winked.

'My what?' He asked laughing.

'I know you know what I'm saying, but don't you think its a good idea?' She asked.

'Yes mum, but you will help me tell her o.' He replied.

'That's no big deal', she replied.

Tonia and her friends were standing in the room, worried about Temitope.

'Is that guy that stupid? Doesn't he know he should have come?' Faith, angrily said.

'This guy is getting more and more annoying to me. Although he is great but must he yours too Tonia?' Kate expressed.

'Be asking me that foolish question. Do you think I'm foolish?' She wondered.

'So why have you been vehaving foolishly?' Kate asked.

'I know what else to do.' She smiled and had her sit.

Kate sat where she was and thought of the matter very much. She thought of it as a good chance of winning Tope's heart on campus.

Temitope was on his way to his room when he heard a shout of his name, it wasd Kate shouting. He waited for her and looked at her closely, thinking of she would say.

'Hey, how are you?' She asked.

'That's not the question now, as you can see, I've got to go and relax so go straight to the point. He replied sharply.

'Good. Just want to tell you to be extra ordinarily careful on this campus.' She said.

Tope hissed and shook his head angrily.

'What exactly?' He asked angrily.

'I'm sorry, what I'm trying to tell you is that there are some planned works for you please be careful.' She said and started running back.

'What is this one trying to say now?' He lamented and walked to his hostel.

Kate rushed back to the hostel and met Tonia and Clement both talking together. She wondered what they could be saying. She walked into the hostel.

Chief Mrs Florence walked into the building in expensive lace and gold. She was sweet and good-loking. She entered into Seun's house, just coming back from church.

Seun came out in an ankara dress, he was also looking pleasant. He was happy seeing Florence in his home and quickly offered her a seat.

'Welcome ma.' Seun smiled, pointing to her to sit on the sofa close to him.

'Yes sir.' she replied.

'How was service?' He asked still smiling.

'It was good sir. I've come for an omportant issue.' She said.

'What is it, I'm all ears.' Seun replied.

'About Raymond and Tomisin. Just want to get permission from you. Its Raymond that has been disturbing me, telling me he is interested in her.' She smiled.

'That's mothing ma. He should tell her, its a good news.' He said.

'He should?' She asked.

'Yes jare, what are you eating?' He asked

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:11am On Sep 12, 2013
-24-

Temitope's friend were in the room gisting about him and Tomisin, each person passing comment on him.

'That guy is so dense!' Clement said angrily.

'See guy, why are you now angry? At least you aren't him and he isn't you, so take it easy o.' William added.

'But, William how did he get to know her very well back?' Precious asked.

'I thought him the way' he said. Clement looked at him sharply and angrily.

'How could you!' Clement shouted.

'Oh boy, I've told you before, don't be silly. Does it at all concern you?' He asked getting angry too.

'You guys shouldn't turn this room upside down.' Precious said.

Temitope then arrived and stood in front of the door listening to what they are saying that had been causing much noise.

'On a campus where beautiful babes are falling for someone, you are telling me you taught him how he got back to Tomisin. Where Tonia is, where Kate is, and other girls.' Clement said.

Temitope came in and stared at Clement.

'Now that I don't like them what should be done to it? I've always liked Tomisin, you guys don't know when and how we started so why do you wanna turn it all upside down?' He uttered angrily.

They all kept mute.

Raymond called Tomisin for them to meet in one of the good restaurants around them. Tomisin thought of it for a while, she wondered what he wanted to see her for but went to meet him there.

She got to the restaurant and saw his car parked out there, she went in then looked around for him before seeing him sitting in one of the corners there. She went to him and had her sit beside him.

'Hello.' Raymond waved.

'Hi.' She waved in return.

'What would you like to eat?' He inquired.

'Nothing, I'm okay.' She chuckled.

'Okay, I've called you here to tell you something great.' He said.

'Hmmn, and what is that thing?' She asked eagerly.

'Yes, firstly' he cleared his throat and continued.

'I want to ask yoi if you like me.' He uttered with his heartbeat increasing.

'Sure, why won't I? Its God's wish not to hate anyone now.' She smiled.

'Okay, can you date me?' He asked facing his left side.

Tomisin was bowing, couldn't raise her head.

'Is this not wahala oo, father help me.' She thought.

She got back to school, in her room. She was looking worried, couldn't contain it and told her room mates about it.

'So what are you now thinking of?' Bola said out.

'Don't get you' Tomisin replied.

'Go with him jare, are you okay at all? I hope you are not blind too.' Bola continued.

'His mother has done many things in your life, the other guy's mum dealt with you. His mother has taken you as a child, the other guy's mother took you as a nobody. Think of it and use your brain.' Iyanu said.

'Do you even know what that guy is doing in Ghana? Bola asked.

Tomisin's phone beeped. It was an e-mail from Tonia.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
-25-

Tomisin checked her inbox and found Tonia's message. She wondered and opened the message. She started reading it,

'This is to inform you so called Tomisin, the brilliant and great girl about you guy that is promiscuous and a great womanizer on this campus. He is fond of toasting around, and doesn't care for your so called LOVE. He is ont of the worst and womanizing guys on this campus for you information. We will send you some photographs shortly to express what we are saying. Thanks.'

Tomisin laughed and copied the message immediately. She forwarded it to Temitope immediately.

'What's wrong with Tomisin?' Iyanu worried.

'Abi, which message did you just receive now?' Bola added.

Tomisin kept mute and deleted the message immediately. She continued smiling when she received Temitope's phone call. She stood up and went out to receive the call.

Bola hissed.

'Where did you get that, I don't even understand you.' Tope expressed.

'It was sent to me from Tonia101@yahoo.com.uk.' She replied.

'TONIA?' He went worried.

'Yes, I understand it all, so don't worry, I will deal with that personally.' She replied.

'Thank so much dear, really impressed. Thought I'm in trouble.

'No problem sir, I'll talk to you later.' She replied.

Tonia and her mates were happy in the room celebrating the success of the first job well done. She bought her friends drinks and wines just to celebrate.

They've already planned all the deal and got a guy who has helped them designed a picture, Clement got them Tope's picture while sleeping on bed, Tonia's picture was placed by his side there and edited.

What a technology!

Olajumoke in Ghana, she arrived early to check his son's welfare and Tonia. She arrived in Timileyin's house well dressed and eager to get to the school to greet her son.

*****TO BE CONTINUED*******
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:59am On Sep 13, 2013
-26-

YEARS LATER....

Tomisin still had her strong belief in Temitope and continued to trust him, although Raymond had been a tough person on her neck. It already remained a year for Temitope to end up his university education while it remained four more years for Tomisin to use in school.

Raymond had been a nice and generous guy to Tomisin. He did buy her anything she requested for, anything he also wished she had. Tomisin's room mates had already termed him as Tomisin's husband.

'With all our efforts on this guy, can you now see it has yield no positive result?' Kate said relaxing on her pillow.

'Yes, you are right. Rather than trying to destroy their love, why don't we support it wholeheartedly?' Faith added too.

Tonia was lying down with her ear piece both in her ears, she did as if she didn't hear them.

'Nothing can seperate him from me.' Tonia said in her.

Tomisin got home in the afternoon, they were given a week break before the commencement of the examination. She had only come to read at home, always in her room reading. She did think in her heart that,

'A person good before can turn out to be worse if not careful.'

Olayemi, the best friend of Raymond called Chief Mrs Florence regarding Raymond urgently. Raymond had returned to his past, now drinking and smoking. Florence rushed down to station, they were already serving. She got frustrated seeing his son back at his vomit.

She moved closer to him and shouted his name. Raymond was shocked and didn't know how his mum had gotten there. Florence was so sad and returned to her car. She was crying painfully because Raymond already had problem of the lungs.

Raymond felt sorry, immediately when he finished what he was doing, he got his car and rushed down to his mum. He treasured her so much but couldn't control himself.

He looked sad and entered into the living room. He didn't bother to receive greetings from the workers in the house. Florence was not in the living room so he rushed upstairs to find her in her room. He found her and was sober seeing her.

He knelt by the door & was walking by his knees, his mother brought him up and offered him sit by the edge of her bed.

'I'm so sorry mum.' He expressed in a sad mood.

'Why again Olawale, why?' She complained, tears running down her cheeks.

He went on his kneels again.

'Mum, please don't cry, the person that can help me control this feelings doesn't have time for me.' He stood up looking backwards.

'Tell me the person, I can pay any amount the person wishes.' Florence uttered.

'OLUWATOMISIN'

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
-27-

Tell me the person, I can pay any amount the person wishes.' Florence uttered.

'OLUWATOMISIN'

'Tomisin?' She asked.

Olajumoke and her husband were lying on the bed, Jumoke thought in her as the best time of bringing up the Temitope as a topic as her husband was in good mood.

'Dear, I've been thinking of something.' She said.

'What have you been thinking?' He asked.

'I think Temitope should start residing in Ghana after his service.' She said, eager to hear what Tolulope was going to say.

'For what? Why will he continue to live there?' He asked.

'Because of that girl, Tomisin. I'm afraid. I don't want to loose my only child.' Olajumoke uttered.

'Hmmn, you're right. I will think about it.' He replied.

Tonia & Temitope were already at home on the short break from school. Tonia thought of what she could do and headed to Temitope's room to say hi to him.

She knocked at the door softly.

'Who is it?' He inquired and walked towards the door.

'Tonia baby.' She replied.

He opened his door and looked at her from heat to toe.

'Who is the baby?' He looked at her.

'Who else if not for this beautiful lady.' She replied trying to enter into the room.

'What?' He pushed her backward.

'Nothing, let's talk.' She said.

Tope hissed and shut his door.

Tonia walked back to her room, she continued smiling and was repeating it. 'You will end up with him.'

Tope went back to his bed. 'what a foolish girl.' He thought.

Florence got dressed, she was in a white exercise dress. She got in the car and headed to Seun's house to see him concerning Tomisin's issue.

She got right in looking good. Seun welcomed her in and pointed to a seat to have a sit. Tomisin came out to greet her then rushed back in to prepare her a warm tea. She brought the tea out and was in her night gown.

'What a beautiful girl, even without bathing.' She thought in her. She went back in and went into her room to have a rest.

'I've come here to discuss Tomisin's issue with you.' She said.

'What has she done ma. You should have called me to come and see you rather you coming to see me at home.

'Never mind, its about the issue with Raymond. He is not himself again, not alright just because of her.

Seun smiled.

'About that, don't worry, I will speak to her and you'll be happy' he said.

Florence getting up on her feet.'Thank you sir.' She said.

'So this is all you came for?' Seun asked.

'Yes now, isn't it up to a reason?

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:29am On Sep 14, 2013
-28-

Seun got back in the sitting room, he sat down breathing heavily. He rested a little before calling Tomisin out. He turned out angry and looking unhappy to her.

'What has been your problem? What is even your problem? Is anything wrong with you?' He inquired, looking straight into her eyes.

'What are you trying to say dad?' She asked and moved closer to the mug she used to serve maybe it was dirty.

'What are you looking for? Come back here my friend!' He used a high tone.

'Dad, what is it now?' She frowned.

Seun shook his head and continued. 'You are old and wise enough to know that the woman that just came is benefactor and will forever be.'

'Sure, so?' She replied looking at his lips.

'So why have you not been obeying her since you know she has helped us in various ways? Seun asked.

'Obedience?' She thought for a while.

'Raymond, to be precise now!' He exclaimed.

Tomisin looked down and shook her head too. 'This man sha.' She thought in her.

'Dad, that's no issue. It will be solved.' She said.

'Will you shut that trap!' Seun said looking annoyed.

'Dad?' She wondered.

'Yes, I'm giving you just six hours to say yes to that guy.' He said.

'What!' Tomisin exclaimed.

Tomisin was in her room depressed, she didn't know what to do. She called Temitope to tell him about what has been happening to her. He also shared the issue of Tonia with her, both were confused especially Tomisin that was given six hours to decide.

It was in Abuja, Tolu and Yinka, Timilyin's husband were there for a general meeting. They started talking about there children before the commencement of the meeting. They were happy to see each other and both were looking smooth and healthy.

'What of my Son oo.' Tolulope asked jokingly.

'He and his girl are there oo.' Yinka replied.

'Tonia right?' Tolu smiled.

'Has he any other one.' Both laughed.

'We thank God their results are always good, so Tonia is graduating next year?' Tolu asked.

'Yes now, she is handling a five-year course.' Yinka replied.

'That's a good one, she's weldone.' Tolu smiled.

'So after they've both served, they should just.....' Yinka winked at Tolu trying to adjust his suite and both laughed.

Tomisin was still in the room, she had already called many of her friends to seek their advices on what to do. They all told her she had to do what her dad had told her to.

She was so worried and sad, she wondered if she was going to leave Temitope JUST LIKE THAT. She was so She had no choice since she loved her father so much and that woman had helped her a lot.

She took her phone and dialed his number, she didn't know what to say. She eventually told him she has agreed after years. She threw her phone away angrily, Raymond threw his phone away happily.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
-29-

Seun entered happily after he had overheard all Tomisin had said with Raymond on phone. He came in smiling at her.

'That's what I want daughter. Always make me happy.' He said sitting on her bed.

She looked down angrily with tears on her face, she was unhappy. 'Happy by doing what I don't want to.' She replied.

He looked at her curiously. 'Why do you think this way? She is our helper.' He replied.

'Does it matter?' She looked up with a strange face.

'Daughter, looking at me this way!' He uttered.

Tomisin stood up and stared at his face. 'What reason is behind this Tope sef!' She frowned.

'Tope.' Her dad replied.

School resumed back after the short break for students to write the examination. Tomisin called Temitope to tell him about the situation. He was worried and angry. He couldn't put himself together although they were still in the room. Clement was happy hearing this and rushed out to tell Tonia.

'See, Temitope if you die because of a girl, many of them will walk on your grave.' William said.

'You can't understand.' He uttered.

Clement called Tonia to call her out for him to deliver the news she wished to hear. She came out and was happy on hearing this. 'Father thank you' she uttered.

She got to her room and delivered the news to her friends. They were all happy that Tope will have time for her now.

'You shouldn't have told him!' Bola shouted at Tomisin.

'But I didn't know now.' She replied.

'Bola inserted one of her fingers into her mouth. She was worried and annoyed at her. 'You're just a Bleep up! She said.

Raymond's mum was so happy hearing she had concurred. She called Tomisin to come and meet her at home to go out and catch fun.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
......~NO MATTER WHAT~......
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:23am On Sep 16, 2013
-30-

Tomisin was on her way to the hostel when she met Tofunmi, both were studying medicine together in that university. She walked towards her and met her mood. She cuddled her and told her she knew about all that had been happening.

'I asked one of your friends when I've been noticing your mood in class and other places.' She uttered.

'Which of them?' She inquired sharply.

'She refused to tell me but I'd to kneel to beg, she was even amazed that was why she told me. So confined in me I won't share your problem with anyone.' She replied softly.

'You won't? If the person also kneels for you won't you tell him or her.' She looked straight into her eyes.

'I promise and even cross my heart' she crossed her chest with her two hands.

'So can I go now?' Tope asked clearly.

Tofunmi looked at her face and smiled. 'One thing I want you to know is NO MATTER WHAT happens, if you are written together, you will meet again.' She said, turning back and left.

'NO MATTER WHAT.' Tomisin pondered and headed to her hostel.

'To know of she still loves you, we can carry out something.' William said to Temitope.

'What is that?' He quickly asked.

'Guy, take am easy jurh!' He commented.

'Just tell me!' He shouted.

Williams started smiling to him to frustrate him.

'Won't you this guy talk!'he exclaimed.

Williams was looking straight into his eyes and smiled. ' If she fails her examination.' William said.

'Tope hissed and laid back on his bed. William started laughing at him.

'I don't know what your problem is with this lady. Were you joined together?

Tope hissed again.

Tonia was on her way to the hall when she saw Temitope on the way. She left her friends and walked towards him looking like a person who had problem.

'Tope!' She shouted.

He didn't look back, he recognized her voice immediately he heard it and deliberately didn't answer.

'Tope!' She exclaimed again, running toward him. She got to beside him eventually, Tope didn't look beside him to see if it was human being or animal, he was read-walking. Tomisin hit him then he face her suddenly and stopped walking.

'Can I help you?' He asked frowning.

'Why do you always frown at me now, that doesn't matter now. I heard about Tomisin and you that's why I've come to say sorry about it.' She said looking down, she couldn't look into his eyes.

Tope pondered. 'Who told this witch?' He asked himself quietly.

'Thanks.' Tope said and walked away.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:07am On Sep 16, 2013
-31-

The examination ended and the students were relieved. They all started browsing, playing and other sort of things. Tonia was the happiest knowing that Tomisin and Tope were no longer together.

Her friends sat with her to advice her to leave Temitope alone. They spoke for hours telling her to forget about Temitope and focus on her life, she then started a story for them.

'You all are wondering why its always Temitope.' She sighed and continued. ' The name of the guy I love most is Raymond, his dad was a politician, his mum is into it presently in Nigeria. He had his primary and Junior Secondary School in Ghana here, so we read together and played together and fell in love towards SS1. What made them migrate to Nigeria was because of his dad's death, there was a crucial accident in Ghana some years back, his father's driver, his father and himself were in the car then the accident happened. His father died immediately with him getting hurt on his arm and hit his head on the ground which made him forget me and many other people. I was unhappy so went to meet him in the hospital then he shouted at me that who was I? I went worried and didn't know he had forgotten me. He was angry with me touching him to say sorry he then picked fork on the table beside him and stabbed me near ma shoulder.' She shifted to show them the mark.

'Wao! Great story.' Faith said.

'Is it funny?' Kate said.

Tonia sighed and smiled looking at the widow. 'I was also admitted in the hospital then, since then I didn't I've not seen him.' She concluded.

'After then on facebook too?' Kate asked.

'Yes now' faith added.

'Can you believe I've never searched for him on facebook?' She uttered.

'What!' Kate exclaimed surprisingly.

'Do that now.' Faith ordered.

Tomisin got into her room after her outing with Raymond. She was smiling and shared what happened with her friends.

'Hope you've sha bought something for us all?' Bola asked.

'Sure, but the guy was somehow, he had been trying to remember a girl's name. He said I walk like her, look like her and my curly hairs too just like hers too but didn't remember the girl's name.

'Where did he meet the girl?.' Bola quickly asked.

'Ghana, so I'm thinking maybe the girl is Tonia because Tope do tell me I behave somehow like her and ma hair, height and others.' She said.

'Na you sabi, just bring this package come.'

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:59am On Sep 17, 2013
-32-

'It is like a dream, I've just sent him a request on facebook.' Tonia uttered.

She walked towards the table to pick a glass cup of juice. She was amused and happy. Her friends were looking at her.

'Your brain is this dull to the extent you can search for him on a social network.' Kate uttered smiling.

What do you mean by that? Tonia asked frowning. She sat on the chair close to her and was having her drink.

Tomisin thought of what she could do, she immediately went online, on facebook to download Tonia's image. She did just that and rushed to Raymond. She drove carefully although she was in a hurry. She had called him to meet her outside the gate.

She brought out her phone on seeing Raymond approaching. She searched her images and viewed Tonia's picture.

'Why this sudden call dear?' Raymond said approaching.

She smiled at him and raised the phone. 'Is this the girl?' She asked.

Raymond collected the phone and stared at it. He began to remember things he had forgotten. 'Tonia?' He recollected.

Surprisingly, Tomisin looked at him. 'You now know her?' She asked in a surprised manner.

'How do you get to know this girl?' He asked wondering.

Hop into the car and let's talk. Tomisin replied him.

Tomisin and Raymond got into the car. Raymond narrated everything to Tomisin. He was still surprised. 'How did you get this picture?' He asked again.

'I downloaded it from facebook.' She replied

'Facebook?' He was still surprised. 'How, she is your friend on facebook?' He continued asking.

"Let me explain everything to you.' She said.

'Okay, start explaining. I'm all ears.' He replied.

'This girl or lady in question is my friend on facebook. She came third during the competition that came up in Australia, that was where I met her. She is my best friend's friend. She liked me when we finished the competition, so we started the friendship somehow. Then I added her on facebook after the competition, then from there I saw her e-mail and she told me she had copied mine too. That was how we both got our emails known to each other. Many people do tell me again that we somehow resemble each other, so when you now told me I resemble someone that resides in Ghana then I thought it must be her.' She narrated.

'Facebook shey?' He asked.

Let me also search for her here.' He brought out his phone.

'So you've not recollected her since the accident?' She asked.

'Not really like that. I do remember her but don't really know. I can't explain it sha.' He lamented.

Tomisin sighed and smiled. She was happy within that he should glue to Tonia so that she will be with Temitope.

'What!' Raymond suddenly said.

'What is that?' Tomisin asked.

He stretched his phone to her. "Is this not her friend request?' He asked.

Tomisin smiled.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
-33-

Raymond was still amused seeing the friend request, it was entirely a good luck to him. He began to remember all what he had forgotten, he told Tomisin the whole story again and those parts he forgot to add when he was explaining the first time.

Tomisin could view joy and happiness in him, seeing Tonia again. She was happy, seeing him happy.

'You still love her right?' She asked suddenly.

Raymond felt cold, he wondered if he had been hurting her by telling her about he loving Tonia. He couldn't respond for a while before he stylishly brought up a topic.

'Hyundai cars are good right?' He asked smiling, pretending to turn it all down.

'You've not answered mine, yet you are bringing up a question about hyundai cars.' She replied softly and smiling.

Raymond also sighed and smiled. He face outside, he couldn't answer the question.

'From the look of what I'm seeing, you still love her. I can see it in your eyes, I can help you both to link yourselves.' She said.

'Tomisi....' He was trying to call her name in pretense.

'What?' I know you Raymond!' She said sharply and smiled at him.

Tonia was lying down on her mattress, she was smiling seeing Raymond on facebook. She downloaded his display picture there and immediately made it her wallpaper. Bola moved closer to her to know what was amusing her.

She snatched the phone from her suddenly. She smiled at the phone.

'Is this him?' She asked staring at her face and smiling at her. She winked to her and continued smiling.

Tonia also started laughing. 'You this girl' she uttered.

'But there is something that baffles me friend.' Tonia said, trying to have her seat.

'What?' She quickly asked.

'What if this guy doesn't remember you again, and even in love with another person?' She asked.

Tonia looked at her and wondered.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
Please, here is another interesting and even more interesting story by Temitope Daniel, written by me. Titled»»»»» ***Total love***
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:34am On Sep 19, 2013
-34-

Tomisin got back to her hostel, she was looking tired. She rested a little bit and pondered on what she could do, she picked her phone and stared at Tonia's picture for some minutes. She felt relieved knowing Raymond loved Tonia. She thought of sending her a message through her e-mail, she then started typing the message.

She explained all what had happened to her and made it known that "Raymond still loves her." Tonia was outrageously suprised at Tomisin's intelligence on how she could quickly identify it was her Raymond was talking about. She stretched the phone to Kate to read the message. Kate was about leaving the room to have fresh air outside.

She received the phone, read the message and smiled at Tonia. She went online immediately to see if he was online, she didn't meet him online and copied his phone number to call him. Kate was with her all along to help her, she thought after everything, she would belong to Temitope. She dialed the phone number and was waiting for it to ring.

'It is ringing.' She said softly to Kate sitting by her.

Raymond picked the call, he was in his room relaxing. He was surprised hearing a lady's voice. 'Who is this?' He quickly inquired.

'Its me Tonia, do you still know me?' She asked in pretense.

Raymond changed his posture and cleared his voice. 'Tonia, from where?' He pretended also.

'Ghana, I'm the lady...' She was trying to explain when he cut in interruptedly.

"Yeah, that's true. I still know you, how re you darling?' He asked.

'I'm good, you?' She asked.

'I'm not good here lady Tonia.' He replied.

Tonia wondered and looked at Kate. ' What is the matter?' She asked.

'Its been long I've seen you, don't even know if you still love me.

Tonia stammered.' Em...em... '

Raymond laughed. 'Just rembering all that happened in the past. I'm sorry, so so sorry for them all.' He said.

Tonia smiled.' Its nothing, there is nothing to be sorry about huh?' She said.

'And I still love you, dearly to be precise.' He said with a little fear.

'I love you too.' She replied shyly.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
-35-

Temitope and his friends were just going on their own. They went to check their exam results, he and his friends were coming back looking happy. They met Tonia and her friends also coming from the school board, they also went for the checking of their names.

They all greeted one another with the exception of Tonia and Temitope. Tonia also didn't behave as if he saw him any longer, she did like she didn't care.

Of course, she didn't any longer.

Temitope thought in him as they were all departing that she didn't even behave like before. "Thank God." He said in him.

Raymond entered into the living room, all things were in order and nothing was out of place. He was wearing a black trouser and a long T-shirt. He also had a blazer on the shirt, he was looking perfectly perfect. He got in eating an apple, he prostrated greeting his mum and had his seat immediately.

'How are you son?' She smiled.

'All good mum, about you?' He asked smiling back.

'Good too jare.' She replied.

One of the maids was coming in with a bag, she used her two hands to carry it because it was heavy for her. She dropped it on the center table in the living room and knelt.

'What is this?' Florence asked staring at the bag.

'Stand up you, and leave at once.' He ordered. The lady stood up and left the place. 'I bought this all for you mum.' He continued.

Florence laughed and stared at Raymond. 'Thanks son, Tomisin must have been doing a great job in you. I see.' She said and smiled.

Raymond also smiled. 'Tomisin?' He asked.

'Sure now.' His mother stood and carried the bag.

'Mum, I don't like that girl again o.' He said, scratching his head with his index finger and looking like a disturbed person.

Florence looked at him at once. "What!" She exclaimed.

'Yes, she's a thief mum.' He said.

'Thief?' Florence wondered.

"Yes." He replied.

Re: No Matter What by Akinpelumi01(m): 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
I must say, nice job you're doing. I love d story.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by Akinpelumi01(m): 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] more upd8 plzz...

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
Thanks so much......
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
-36-

Florence laughed and stared at Raymond. 'Thanks son, Tomisin must have been doing a great job in you. I see.' She said and smiled.

Raymond also smiled. 'Tomisin?' He asked.

'Sure now.' His mother stood and carried the bag.

'Mum, I don't like that girl again o.' He said, scratching his head with his index finger and looking like a disturbed person.

Florence looked at him at once. "What!" She exclaimed.

'Yes, she's a thief mum.' He said.

'Thief?' Florence wondered.

"Yes." He replied.

'What did she steal son?' Florence asked.

'My golden wrist watch.' He replied shaking his head.

'Wrist watch? She is not that now. I have to see her.' She said.

'See who? She said I should not call her again and she doesn't want to set her eyes on us again after staeling.' He added quickly.

'That's rubbish, I must see her dad.' She said.

'Mum! Forget about that family!' He exclaimed.

Olayinka arrived in Nigeria, he made the first flight down to Nigeria for business transactions, they've just been awarded contract by a company. Both decided to work together for a better job, they met at a hotel suite not quite far from Tolu's estate.

Olayinka got up on seeing Tolulope heading towards him, he smiled and stretched his hand for greetings.

'Hey, how's everything?' They both shaked each other.

'Good here, how's Ghana?' Tolu inquired.

'Ghana is there o, so how's Jumoke, and everyone sir.' He smiled.

'Who be sir, you're not serious.' They both laughed. "She is fine and everyone okay." He continued.

'So, let's go straight to business, I've filed all the necessary documents.' Yinka said.

Tope looked at his and shook his head smiling. 'Which document, when I've not asked of my children, Tonia and Tope.' He smiled.

Yinka also smiled at him. 'You're funny sha. They are all fine.' He said smiling.

'And Timileyin?' He asked again.

Yinka sighed, 'aaah! She's fine.' He replied.

'And......' Tolu smiled, just trying to tease Yinka, he didn't have anyone else to ask from him.

Yinka looked at him and laughed out. 'You this man, anyways the business jare.' He said.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:31am On Sep 21, 2013
-37-

The business started quite well, they started working together in the company where Tolulope was the assistant director. The profit that would be their gain after the company and other materials got money was 11 million naira.

They ended the project, Tolulope and Olayinka were just coming back from the bank, they went to sort out the issue of the money and the money had been shared and transferred into Tolu's account. Olayinka got his own in a new black bag, they were in the car rejoicing and gisting when a gang double crossed them.

The guys rushed down from the car with pistols with them, they hurried to their car and hit the body of the car. One just opened the Tolu's door and another opened that of Olayinka.

'Where is the money!' One of them shouted.

'There is no money anywhere.' Tolu uttered shivering and in fear.

'Yes.' Olayinka added.

One of the robbers laughed out and said, "I pity you." He went to the back seat and found a neat black bag. He slightly opened it and found money there, he smiled and zipped it back. He threw the bag to one of his mates and said, "confirm".

The leader of the gang looked at them with annoyance and shot Tolu and Olayinka on their arms.

Florence was sitting right on the sofa she liked to sit on most in the living room, she was wondering on Tomisin's behavior. She thought so much and slept there.

Raymond came right in a fitted ankara dress, it was sown like an english dress for him. He had a golden chain and wrist watch on him and everything was in place. He held his phone on the left hand and his hair well combed.

He saw his mother sleeping, he tiptoed to her and pecked her. Florence woke up immediately and smiled on seeing him. He prostrated and sat beside her.

'How are you son?' She asked.

'I'm good, you?' He asked.

She adjusted herself to the right posture. 'Good too here son.' She replied.

Raymond smiled.

'What brought you here today again o. Money?' She asked smiling to him too.

'No mum, I've come to tell you about my trip.' He answered.

'What trip?' She inquired.

'Wanna go to Ghana to greet someone.' He replied.

'Ghana?' Florence wondered.

He smiled at his mother and moved closer to her. 'Yes mum, I want to get you what you'll be happy to see, rather than arrant nonsense.' He replied.

'How do you mean?' She questioned.

Raymond sighed. "Mum, you'll know soon, immediately after this service, I want to go and visit someone and you'll be happy knowing this as a surprise." He said.

'Tell me the person!' She shouted jokingly.

Both laughed but Raymond continued smiling. 'You'll know soon. He said.

'Hmmn.' Florence wondered.

Re: No Matter What by Akinpelumi01(m): 11:14am On Sep 21, 2013
Nice job but what happened to Tolu and Olayinka... Upd8 naw

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
Thanks, I will upd8 l8a
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2013
-38-

Tolulope and Olayinka were rushed to the hospital, they were carried on the road by Oluwaseun who was on the way to his place of work he got down on seeing people in pain. He carried them all alone into his car and rushed them to the nearest hospital. He dropped them and immediately invited the police for their report also, he didnt even know that he had helped Olajumoke's husband until he checked their contacts and called Olajumoke to come to the described hospital.

Olajumoke trembled with fear on hearing that her husband had been shot, she quickly rushed there and met Seun there as the person that rescued her husband and the friend. She was worried but rushed to meet the Doctor concwrning the situation on ground.

'Don't panic madam.'The doctor adressed her.

'Where is he?' She quickly asked.

'They are two now.' The doctor said.

'Okay where are they?' She asked, still in fear.

Seun came in and sat on the next chair, in front of the doctor, he was smiling.

'They are both fine and responding to treatment, so don't at all worry neither panic. This is the man that helped them here after they were shot.' He pointed to Seun, sitting right beside her. She couldn't look Sideways especially to the right side.

'I'll be going now, Doctor.' He said, trying to stand up and leave the place.

Olajumoke ccouldnt just face him and talk, she was mute throughout. The doctor even wondered that she couldn't just say thanks.

Tonia and Temitope got the news about the rohbery from school, both wondered what could've happened. Tonia couldnt control herself, she was just calling every minute to ask after them from Olajumoke there. Timileyin also got dressed and made sure she followed the next available flight to Nigeria. She had known too that it was Seun that rescued them from death.

The bullets were already removed from their arms and both were responding to treatment. Seun had already finished from work he decided to check on them in the hospital, he got there and met Timileyin also sitting, she was unhapoy too. He didnt recognise her but bowed before he went in to see the doctor who told him about how they're doing. it was already evening and greeted good night before he heard his name being called

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:19am On Sep 22, 2013
-39-

Weeks later....

Olayinka and Tolulope were discharged from the hospital. They both appreciated Seun for saving their lives from death, collected his phone number and aimed at starting a fresh friendship. Tolulope still didn't know that he was Seun, Tomisin's father, Olajumoke was still mute and couldn't speak a word to him. Seun was also dumb to her both neglected each other.

Olajumoke was sitting at the balcony with her husband, she decided to tell him about the issue of Seun.

'The man that helped you and Yinka.' She paused.

'Yes, what's wrong with him?' He asked turning his face towards her.

'Do you know that man was Seun?' She questioned.

'Seun? That girl's father?' He was worried.

'Yes, that's him.' She replied sighing.

Tolulope adjusted and faced his wife properly. 'But he didn't look like him.' He thought.

'Do you know him at all?' She asked.

'No, but....' He wondered. I'm amazed, he continued.

'Same here dear.' She added.

'He didn't look like someone harsh and wicked hearted.' He continued wondering.

Florence, she called Tomisin's father to come and see her in her office. She was still worried about why Tomisin would steal her daughter's golden wristwatch. Seun was busy thoroughly in the office, he left the work and hurried to her office. He thought maybe another contract had gotten to position.

The secretary dialed Florence office number to know if she was expecting a visitor. She ordered her to let Seun into her office. He got the front of the door and knocked.

'Hello, come in.' She said on hearing the knock at the door.

Oluwaseun went in and bowed at her front, she stood up and welcomed him in.

'Welcome sir, you may have your seat.' She pointed at the seat.
Seun sat down and greeted her. 'Here I am ma, I was busy when you called that is why I've come late.' He said still bowing.

'That's nothing sir, just want to tell you something about Tomisin and Raymond.' She said.

'What ma?' He shifted forward to hear what she wanted to say.

'They are not in good terms, and Tomisin caused it.' She said.

'Tomisin? What happened?' He worried.

'Ask your daughter.' She replied frowning.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
-40-

It was already time for the valedictory service of Temitope, his 4-year course had already finished. This time, Tonia was already falling in love with Raymond deeply, Raymond also promised to come over to Ghana for some days to see his beautiful angel. Raymond ended all his university studies and told his parents about moving to Nigeria back. His mother refused bluntly, same his father too, with all Seun did for him, he still didn't want him and Tomisin to be in love.

A house was rented for him, this didn't stop him and Tomisin to continue talking. Tomisin already told him that Raymond was no longer interested in her but interested in Tonia. Temitope was happy hearing this from her. "The lady they wish I stick too doesn't like me any longer but in love with Tomisin's ex.' He laughed and thought in him.

One of his friends, Clement, moved in with him also and started living with him. There he started telling Temitope about all what he had been doing to favour the side of Tonia. He bagged him for forgiveness and they ended it that way. Both of them started their I.T, they both studied engineering so both were best of friends then and so brilliant.

Tomisin got home with some of her bags in the booth. She was already on holiday then at school, she walked in while the gate keeper helped her in carrying her bags and other stuffs. She gave him a thousand naira to thank him. She went into her room to take a shower, her father was yet to arrive back home, although the time was already close. She finished taking her bath and went into the kitchen to cook for her father, she prepared pounded yam and green vegetable. The table was set before her father's arrival.

Seun arrived home not quite long after she prepared the food. Tomisin was taking apple then, waiting for her father's arrival before she could take the food. Her father saw her car parked and noticed her presence in the house. He went in carrying his briefcase with his left hand, he refused the help of the gate keeper and took it in himself. He got in and saw his daughter sitting in the living room, Tomisin rushed to go and meet him. 'Welcome dad' she addressed, trying to get his briefcase.

'Take your hand off my briefcase!' He frowned at her.

'Daddy again.' Tomisin chuckled and moved closer to him.

'Don't daddy me! He shouted and pushed her to a side, he climbed the stairs up to his room. Tomisin thought for a while and thought if it was a joke or reality, 'it must be a joke.' She said, thinking. ' At least I've done nothing wrong since I came in.' She smiled.

'It maybe a reality.' She gave a second thought. "Dad hasn't been calling me for like two weeks and has been so sharp on phone conversations. 'I've I offended him?' She thought again and frowned. She rushed upstairs also to ask of she had done, she knocked severally but Seun never answered her. She opened the door and went in, she met her father lying on the bed, he was looking worried and angry.

'What I've I done now? At least if it is even someone that has annoyed him should I be the one that should be shouted on.' She though for a while at his front.

'Dad, what's wrong?' She questioned, trying to sit on the floor.

Seun was mute, he didn't behave as if he heard her talking to him. Tomisin became more worried.

'Dad!' She exclaimed.

'What!' He shouted. 'Are you not the one who's not making me happy.' He frowned.

'Me? Happy?' She wondered.

Seun adjusted and sat down, he faced her and stared at her angrily.

What has been happening between you and Raymond.' He questioned.

'Raymond?' Tomisin wondered facing her right side.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
Comments are higly welcomed please, be it criticizes or praises, corrections and so on, plzzzz.
Re: No Matter What by Akinpelumi01(m): 4:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
A bad story....... Lolzz....... Jst jok'n, 9c job, keep it up bt more ud8, what's gonna apn? Shey dt foolish Olajumoke no fit forgive ni?
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:49am On Sep 23, 2013
-41-

Seun adjusted and sat down, he faced her and stared at her angrily.

What has been happening between you and Raymond.' He questioned.

'Raymond?' Tomisin wondered facing her right side.

'Are you asking me?' He replied.

Tomisin was more confused of what she might have done. "Nothing dad." She replied.

'Is this girl drunk? What's your problem! You better tell me!' He shouted.

'Dad nothing!' She shouted and paused. "I've been calling him many times but he hasn't been picking it, he never replied my messages and so on and I had exams to write then so I didn't bother myself to look for him. But I've done nothing.' She uttered crying.

Off to Ghana, Raymond was in a black suite, he was looking so great in it and had a sweet smell all over him. He had called her to know the description of their house, it was an early flight he wanted to patronize, he went early.

Tonia was happy hearing that he's on his way. She already told her mother that she was expecting a visitor, she prepared a delicacy and got a great wine to welcome him. She had fallen in love with him badly, what would happen if her mother should hear that was her guy coming?

'When last have you heard from Temitope?' Timileyin asked.

'Mum, please o, I've told you I'm expecting a visitor, so let me prepare well.' She replied cleaning the television set.

'It seems you're drunk, wait is it a female visitor you're expecting or male?' She questioned.

'When he comes you'll know whether its a male of female.' She said and covered her mouth that was wide opened, she had made a mistake of saying 'he'.

'So tell me about him!' Her mother replied shaking her head for her.

'Mum, you'll know soon.' She replied.

Temitope had been calling Tomisin, but she didn't pick it up, she had been crying after her father confirmed from Chief Mrs what she had done. She had been shouting it all around to her father that she didn't steal any wrist watch. Although Seun believed her but she was still unhappy. 'Even if he's now in love with that girl, he should have told me, not lying against me!' She shouted crying.

Temitope was worried and sent her a text message, he pleaded if he had done something wrong and wanted to know why she didn't pick all his calls. Tomisin didn't reply the text message, she was so sad. She complained to her dad that he caused it all, he forced her on him.
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:37am On Sep 23, 2013
-42-

Raymond at last arrived in Ghana, the food and everything Tonia had prepared were already set by that time. The mother was in the room when Raymond got into the house, he was so happy seeing Tonia, he felt at home and sat at the living room.

'Come and eat.' She called, heading to the dinning set. Raymond stood up and followed her immediately.

'As if you know I'm hungry.' He said.

Tonia laughed.' So you you've not eaten today.' She asked.

'Sure, wanted to get here as early as possible.' He replied.

'Hmmn.' She added, serving the rice.

Timileyin got down the stairs and peeped at the dinning, she saw him sitting and eating, gisting with her daughter. 'What can be happening here?' She asked herself and waited.

Temitope and his mum had a telephone conversation, he was insisting on coming back to Nigeria, at least he would serve his country. Olajumoke was adamant telling him no need of serving, he should remain there, as they were talking, Tolulope walked to the back of Olajumoke. He smiled and picked his phone, he dialed the phone number of his son and it was busy. He deliberately waited till his son ended his mother's call when he became vexed on phone.

'Hello dad.' He greeted.

'Yes my son, how are you?' He asked.

Temitope, still annoyed. "I'm not good dad.' He replied.

Olajumoke faced her back at this time on hearing that her husband was calling him. 'You're calling him?' She shouted.

'Yes, what's wrong with you? Why are you not happy son?' He asked.

'Its mum, she doesn't want me to serve at all, she said I should be living here. What's the meaning of this.' He uttered angrily.

'Son, after you training, you're welcome in Nigeria.' He said.

'What!' Olajumoke shouted and stood up moving close to him.

'Yes, you're welcome.' He repeated staring at his wife.

'I am? Thank you dad!' He shouted.

'So how has been the training?' He smiled.

Olajumoke was so angry and burning in her. 'Good dad.' He replied. "Thanks so much dad, thank you so much." He repeated again.

Goodbye son.

The call ended.

Tomisin walked into the room very annoyed at her husband. She was so angry and laid on her bed. Tolulope also walked in smiling.

'What's wrong with you dear?' He asked.

'Just leave me alone!' She shouted out.

Tolulope turned back, picked his car key and went out of the house.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:33am On Sep 24, 2013
-43-

Months later.....

The training ended as Temitope wished, he got back to Nigeria some days after the training. He was looking more handsome than before, he got to the airport and beeped his mum to pick him up. Olajumoke pretended as if she didn't see the message, Temitope was stranded there and called his mum after some hours, she didn't pick it up, he smiled in him and knew what was happening.

Tolulope arrived at the airport to pick his son after some minutes Temitope called him. They were both happy seeing each other, they rode the car home and met Olajumoke sitting at the dinning eating. She prepared only her food and for nobody else, not even for her husband. She was still andgry Temitope came home and had thought she would show him and his dad.

Temitope rushed to her on seeing her. "Mum!" He shouted and tried to hug her. Olajumoke pushed him backward.

'Go and hug your father.' She exclaimed.

Temitope was worried, he pulled out a chair and sat down near her. "Mum, what have I done?' He asked.

'Can't talk, just let me eat.' She replied.

Tolulope was standing at the sitting room, watching the scene he smiled to the dinning and cuddled Temitope inside his room.

Olajumoke got more angry.

'I'm now at home lady!' Temitope said, he was on a call with Tomisin.

'At home? I'm in school now.' She replied.

'Hmmn, I don't know why you like that course!' He shouted.

'Na you sabi.' She replied and both laughed.

'I'll come and see you in school tomorrow.' Temitope said.

'Promise?' Tomisin smiled asking.

'Yeah, I cross my heart.' He said.

Olajumoke and Timileyin were also on phone talking that night. Timileyin was informing her about Tonia's graduation also.

'So, its next week?' Olajumoke said surprisingly.

'Yes oo, Temitope is also invited oo.' Timileyin uttered.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:02am On Sep 25, 2013
-44-

Tomisin was in her hostel, she was expecting the arrival of Temitope as he had told her, Temitope arrived in blue shirt and a pair of trouser. He was putting on snickers and looking like the son of the richest man. He brought out his phone to call her and inform her about her arrival.

'I'm outside here, so come, wherever you are.' Tope uttered smiling.

'Okay... Okay!' She repeated and rushed outside her hostel. She found nobody and dialed Temitope's call phone again.

"Can't see you boy!" She shouted.

'I'm at the front of a building, where many cars are parked, the name is....' He said.

Tomisin smiled, she said interruptedly "WOW COMPLEX'

'Yeah.' Tope said quickly.

'Sorry for the inconveniences, pull out of the place and ask of the females' hostel, drive down here, not there.' She scratched her head, didn't know the response she would receive.

'Alright, just hope I won't be beaten up because I've come to a females' hostel.' He said, trying to make a turn out of where he parked. He waved to the gate keeper and returned the ticket with him. He asked of the hostel from him and he drove down to the place with a full description.

The emergence of the car made Tomisin's friend all come out. Tope rushed out after parking carelessly and hugged Tomisin, they were on this for many seconds when Tomisin's friends came. Bola cleared her voice, for them to notice her presence and others.

Tomisin and Temitope divided, both smiled to each other. Tomisin already knew that it would be her friends doing that, she turned her head, trying to adjust the weave on on her head. She laughed on seeing them. "Move closer." She demonstrated.

Bola and others moved closer. Bola waved to Temitope, he smiled and waved back.

'Temitope, these are my friends.' She pointed and started the individual introduction.

Temitope shook them all and was happy seeing them. "Are you all less busy? Let's catch fun outta here." He said.

'Well... Em... Nithing much, let's just get back inside to dress.' Bola smiled and pulled her remaining friends, off to the room!

Temitope and Tomisin entered into the car, Temitope switched the ignition to check the time on the dashboard, he switched on the air conditioner and a soft background music.

'There are many things to discuss about.' Tomisin said smiling.

'I know all that definitely.' He faced her, backing the door.

'Where should we start from?' Tomisin asked smiling to him.

'You look bigger than I used to see on that useless video call!' He said quickly and laughed.

'I'm fat? Big? Or what?' She asked.

'Everything!' He shouted.

'Let's leave all that. You know I told you I signed an undertaken, not to ever do anything with you.' She said.

Tope faced the wind screen, trying to remember. "Oh yeah!" He exclaimed.

'What are we going to do?' She questioned.

'Don't mind my mum, its just to scare you away!' He commented.

'No! She meant it. Have you ever asked her why we shouldn't date?' She asked changing her smile to a soft frown.

'Does it at all matters? Who cares?' He replied throwing up his right hand.

Tomisin sighed.

'And you're a medical student, you don't know you will loose a pant of blood after sighing? And have you ever asked Dad too?' He questioned.

'No, just thinking of it. Let's ask them, they should have a reason.' She uttered nodding her head for the assurance.

Well, we'll soon go on holiday, after this, two years to leave!' She uttered.

There was a soft knock at on the door. It was Tomisin's friends, they hopped in and Tope drove off.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:14am On Sep 25, 2013
-45-

Tonia's ceremony came up on the day expected, Temitope refused to follow Olajumoke to Ghana. Olajumoke and Tolulope went to the ceremony together, they expected Temitope to move to the house of Tolu's aunty. The house was quite far from their house but Temitope refused, he headed to Tomisin's house, after all they were now on holiday.

He dove there, Seun had already gone for work,it was only the gate keeper and Tomisin that were at home. He entered into the palour after hearing a go ahead from Tomisin inside the house. He walked in and smiled at her.

'How are you?' He continued smiling.

'As you can see, I'm good.' "You?"

'You have eyes too, you can see God's flavour and favour wallowing in my life.' He replied

Tomisin walked towards him and pulled him towards herself. "Let's go and sit down." She said, drawing him to the big sitting room. The place was well furnished & was indeed neat, Temitope gripped Tomisin's hand and both walked down to the sitting room.

'Now, its time we talked about how everything has been going.' Tomisin said.

'Yeah, you, start gisting me about school, dad, my mum and other stuffs related.

Tomisin smiled slightly. "Which should I start with now?"

'Okay, start with Dad, tell me about him.' He said.

'Hmmn, em... Em....' She stammered.

'Which is one is "em" now? Tell me about his likes and dislikes.' He laughed.

Tomisin smiled. 'Okay, he hates lies and deceits. He is an easygoing man who loves his daughter and loves hi work so much.' Her phone began to ring.

'Excuse me.' She raised her index finger.

'Hello ma, he's fine....' She ended the call and continued with her discussion.

'Who was that?' Temitope asked.

'My mum's sister.' She replied.

'So, she does call you?' He asked.

'Sure, out of all her family members, she's the only person that calls me almost weekly. She is nice and kind hearted.' She commented.

'What of others?'

'Her parents are dead, my mum has two brothers and a sister who just called me.' She said.

Temitope sighed and smiled. "All is well." He nodded.

"Yeah, as I was saying. Dad loves me so much and one thing about him is that he hates greediness and many things.' She said.

Raymond was in the living room, he was relaxing after the Sunday church service. His mother, Florence came out in a green gown and a nice bead on her. She sat close to her and peeped if he was asleep as he was lying down.

'Raymond.' She called.

'Mum' He replied smiling.

'Get Ùp, I have something to tell you.'

He sat up and looked directly towards her. "You are looking nice mum." He said.

'Thanks.' She replied.

"So what's the discussion about?' Raymond asked.

'About Tomisin.' She replied.

Raymond frowned. "What about her again?" He asked, dropping his phone down on the chair.

'Tell me the truth, did she steal your wrist watch or you don't like her again.' She said, staring at her.

'Mum, she stole it, will I be lying against her?' He said.

'Then, I don't have anything to do with that family again.' She said.

Raymond smiled. "That's a good idea mum." He said, raising his right thumb up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Throwback: The British Council Library Ibadan In 1964 / Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.