Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,623 members, 7,861,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:41 PM

A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. (44698 Views)

Oau Cut- Off Mark For Law 2012/2013 / 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Law Mass Communication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 2:47am On Sep 18, 2013
Fentoluwa: *clears throat* i read sagay and fogam not cheshire. Misrepresentation is a false statement in the course of negotiation which induce a party to enter in to a contract. Are you saying a sort of misrepresentation occurred? Can you remember that when two parties are accustomed to dealing with each other verbal agreement is binding whether it is reduced to writing or not.

Actually the cheshire and fifoot test is contained in sagey check page 125-126. The reason why i asked if you were aware of this would be clearer once you have read those pages and also read the trietel test that follow it.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 2:49am On Sep 18, 2013
Fentoluwa: *mouth agape* bro, so you are in part 2
yes i am and am loving the class...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 2:50am On Sep 18, 2013
Fentoluwa: *mouth agape* bro, so you are in part 2
yes i am
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 2:53am On Sep 18, 2013
gentlefada:
Actually the cheshire and fifoot test is contained in sagey check page 125-126. The reason why i asked if you were aware of this would be clearer once you have read those pages and also read the trietel test that follow it.
okay, see u later in d day.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 18, 2013
Fentoluwa: jury system is practised in the US. what we have in Nigeria is bench trials, the judge has the final say in any case brought before the court
MTCHEEEW, no wonder justice goes to the highest bidder angry
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 18, 2013
gentlefada: consideration is actually very easy.
First of all, know that the issue of consideration does not arise when the contract is under seal(in a deed). Therefore, it is applicable to informal contracts(simple contracts) i.e. Contract in writing, spoken form, or by conduct. Examples of these kind of contracts are sales of goods, promise from someone to another etc.
Secondly, i think consideration is simply explained by using sales of goods. For instance, if you want something that a market woman has then you have to give the market woman something in return for what you want from her. That thing you are giving in return (in most cases money except in barter trade) is what is recognised as consideration.
Finally, and this is really important. There are some elements that constitute a valid consideration. One of the is sufficiency i.e. consideration does not need to be adequate to the receiver only sufficient and must be something of value to the receiver. There are other element but am sure u can find that in ur text.
Its a really interesting topic, you just have to law a good foundation in other to understand it.
Thanks for this bro....I really need to go and meet Prof Sagay to explain it better for me grin grin grin......Once again,thank you sire
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by kennyymcmb: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2013
gentlefada:
to the best of my knowledge NOO
:::::::::::::::: plz let forego contract nd let criminal trial come 2 play
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by kennyymcmb: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2013
kenny ymcmb: :::::::::::::::: plz let forego contract nd let criminal trial come 2 play
. Plz ℓ̊ nid sum1 2 extract d fons et origo of d celebrated case of MARKE vs IGP[color=#990000][/color]
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 18, 2013
kenny ymcmb: . Plz ℓ̊ nid sum1 2 extract d fons et origo of d celebrated case of MARKE vs IGP[color=#990000][/color]
First and Foremost sir,I think you need to introduce yourself first before any other thing....And as for the case you cited,You didn't give the full details of the case.....
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by kennyymcmb: 8:09am On Sep 18, 2013
Ok sir, proper introduction will b make ASAP
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by korexes(f): 9:19am On Sep 18, 2013
Oluwaseyi
300l (2nd semester)
civil law
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 10:48am On Sep 18, 2013
where have all the philosophy undergrades gone. This thread lately has been dominated by law student. Bring it on guys lets talk logic and epistermology.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 10:53am On Sep 18, 2013
korexes: Korede
300l (2nd semester)
lasu
civil law
Welcome sire. Ur class is one am looking forward to cause i love law of tort (personal injury). Again welcome
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 11:02am On Sep 18, 2013
olire: MTCHEEEW, no wonder justice goes to the highest bidder angry
I get ur point but i doubt if the jury system can function properly in Nigeria. In a country that is plaqued with corruption having a jury system would cripple the judical system.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2013
gentlefada: where have all the philosophy undergrades gone. This thread lately has been dominated by law student. Bring it on guys lets talk logic and epistermology.
abi oo

lately ve seriously been wondrng what had really happen to our philosophy undergraduate though have really gain alot in here despite it been dominate by Law undergraduate...

Let hear from our oga @ the top cant wait...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Yahoo1(m): 11:37am On Sep 18, 2013
gentlefada:
Welcome sire. Ur class is one am looking forward to cause i love law of tort (personal injury). Again welcome
danum sine injuria tings
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 18, 2013
gentlefada:
I get ur point but i doubt if the jury system can function properly in Nigeria. In a country that is plaqued with corruption having a jury system would cripple the judical system.
hmmm, You hav a point there. But everyone in naija is corrupt, plus judge, in the case of one judge, you are just bribing one person. But bribing twelve people will be harder.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 12:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
Yahoo1: danum sine injuria tings
damnum sine injuriam potest - there can be damage without injury
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Jaynim(m): 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
Has anybody here heard about the 'Roe Vs Wade' case?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by kennyymcmb: 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
Which category of law does d case fall within??
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
olire: hmmm, You hav a point there. But everyone in naija is corrupt, plus judge, in the case of one judge, you are just bribing one person. But bribing twelve people will be harder.
nice one. You noted that the judge can be easy to get to and that is true but trust me getting to 12 poor or middle class nigerians would be easier than getting to a judge with a reputation to protect. I think the jury system better suites the american judicial system but it would be bad for Nigeria. Imagine if someone like Gbenga Daniel that was a former state governor going on trial and it is left to 12 poor or middle class Nigerians to determine his guilt. Trust me he would get a not guilty verdict. I my opinion what we can do is to use retired judges in form of a jury and we might get a better judiciary....... So much to say.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
gentlefada: nice one. You noted that the judge can be easy to get to and that is true but trust me getting to 12 poor or middle class nigerians would be easier than getting to a judge with a reputation to protect. I think the jury system better suites the american judicial system but it would be bad for Nigeria. Imagine if someone like Gbenga Daniel that was a former state governor going on trial and it is left to 12 poor or middle class Nigerians to determine his guilt. Trust me he would get a not guilty verdict. I my opinion what we can do is to use retired judges in form of a jury and we might get a better judiciary....... So much to say.
before the selection of jurors much screening must have been done. People of unquestionable acts or background are usually taken to consideration to serve as a juror. It is not just the selection of the poor
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
gentlefada: nice one. You noted that the judge can be easy to get to and that is true but trust me getting to 12 poor or middle class nigerians would be easier than getting to a judge with a reputation to protect. I think the jury system better suites the american judicial system but it would be bad for Nigeria. Imagine if someone like Gbenga Daniel that was a former state governor going on trial and it is left to 12 poor or middle class Nigerians to determine his guilt. Trust me he would get a not guilty verdict. I my opinion what we can do is to use retired judges in form of a jury and we might get a better judiciary....... So much to say.
before the selection of jurors much screening must have been done. People of unquestionable acts or background are usually taken to consideration to serve as a juror. It is not just the selection of the poor
.I doubt if this system can work in Nigeria. Our justicial system is very slow bringing in jurors will reduce the pace at which case is decided
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Jaynim(m): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
kenny ymcmb: Which category of law does d case fall within??
The case's on Abortion.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
Jaynim:
The case's on Abortion.
can you give us the fact of the case?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
I guess a Large percentage of People here took the thread for a Red carpet; where they come, introduce their profiles; and walk away. SMH.

I say Kudos to the ingenious Few who've kept this Forum going with invaluable talks...... We're really learning.

More Power. Gracias!
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
According to philosopher John Rawls, it's not fair if the children of poor parents have much lower prospects in life than the children of rich parents merely because of the family they were born into; therefore, expensive inheritance taxes are justified. Do U agree?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by fowowe411: 7:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
Name: Ogunbodede Solomon

course: Law

Institution: Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba -Akoko

Level: 100L
It's my pleasure to be here, I greet everyone both my senior &fellow learning colleagues.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
fowowe411: Name: Ogunbodede Solomon

It's my pleasure to be here, I greet everyone both my senior &fellow learning colleagues.
welcome. Bro.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Bimcious(f): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2013

hmmm wow! Second aaua student welcome.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2013

welcome bro, how has been your legal method classes?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Fentoluwa: According to philosopher John Rawls, it's not fair if the children of poor parents have much lower prospects in life than the children of rich parents merely because of the family they were born into; therefore, expensive inheritance taxes are justified. Do U agree?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply)

ABU Prof Umar Muhammed Ka'oje Returns N1,153,953.36 NDA Wrongly Paid To Account / Maths Teacher On His Way To Class For Double Period Lesson. / Ogun Battles Cultism In Secondary Schools As Teenage Cultists Unleash Terror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.