Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. (44350 Views)

Oau Cut- Off Mark For Law 2012/2013 / 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Law Mass Communication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 1:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fentoluwa: Jerry, KSU, Law.. 200L (2nd sem.)
wlcm bro more of u is needed
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
Adex097: @fynestboi, I see your handwork bro.

Keep it up. smiley
Thanks padi mi to sure ju...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS: what will the course outline be in year 1 be like for Law?

I heard the only Law course in year 1 is PUL101.

Others like Lit, Eng, SSC, PHIL,.. are more or less of borrowed courses.
I don't think so brother. Graduated from the University of Ilorin and I did over 3 law courses in my first year. E.g Introduction to Business law, Introduction to Private and Property Law, Introduction to Constitutional Law, Policing in Nigeria, Legal Method etc.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by AmiableJay(m): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
I am highly impressed with how the OP has created such a nice thread like this.. Hmm, well Law law law. I will say law is a very complex discipline and it requires a dogged spirit and an high level of study to perfect your legal skills (Theoretical and Practical). Law is also intertwined with philosophy and as a famous scholar remarked (cant remember), lawyers are servants of LOGIC while philosophers are masters of logic, showcases the basic relationship between law and philosophy..
Nice work OP, but as someone said try and make the thread livelier. The long posts are kinda boring to read..
Introduction
Name: Agbaakin O. Jeremiah.
Institution: Unibadan.
Department: LAW
Level: 100.

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
@barr. Amiable jay ve really been waiting for u to drop sumtn, apologies once again for my long boring posts.....

Wlcm wlcm wlcm

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by AmiableJay(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
Creative mind: I don't think so brother. Graduated from the University of Ilorin and I did over 3 law courses in my first year. E.g Introduction to Business law, Introduction to Private and Property Law, Introduction to Constitutional Law, Policing in Nigeria, Legal Method etc.
It's not the same in every institutions sir. In U.I, we're offering two law courses in Year one. The reason why it's not so in Ilorin is because law in Unilorin is four years.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by michealade(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
I know ladies wont read dis,especialli great ife law gals!all dey know is ^he ll ask me out today"....nice thread tho!im nt a law student buh i read virtually everytin dat comes ma way...great ife student too
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 1:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
AmiableJay:
It's not the same in every institutions sir. In U.I, we're offering two law courses in Year one. The reason why it's not so in Ilorin is because law in Unilorin is four years.
can u help post the courses outline?? Barr!
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 1:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Creative mind: I don't think so brother. Graduated from the University of Ilorin and I did over 3 law courses in my first year. E.g Introduction to Business law, Introduction to Private and Property Law, Introduction to Constitutional Law, Policing in Nigeria, Legal Method etc.
Thanks for the enlightenment bro.

The person that told me this is a 200L Law student of OAU.

Do you think the Syllabus might differ school to school? Considering the fact that OAU's Law is 5 years as to 4 years in UNILORIN.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by djeezy(m): 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Name: Elton
Varsity: RSUST
Law
Level: 400

Thanks to the op for this wonderful platform, I've been anticipating something like this and at last it has come to fruition. Welcome learning/learned colleagues. I think we should discuss about a topic, so the posts will be well organised. Suggestions please.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by AmiableJay(m): 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
michealade: I know ladies wont read dis,especialli great ife law gals! all dey know is ^he ll ask me out today" ....nice thread tho!im nt a law student buh i read virtually everytin dat comes ma way...great ife student too
Lol, never heard of that.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
AmiableJay:
Oh Sire!

Guess my previous post came in late.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
djeezy: Name: Elton
Varsity: RSUST
Law
sire the introductn is nt complete, level?

djezzy: Thanks to the op for this wonderful platform, I've been anticipating something like this and at last it has come to fruition. Welcome learning/learned colleagues. I think we should discuss about a topic, so the posts will be well organised. Suggestions please.
about a topic i leave that to my ogas......

Wlcm
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fynestboi: counsellors etc

Thanks for answering, abeg no vex, what does 'etc' comprise of? Which other thing biko?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
AmiableJay:
Lol, never heard of that.
Same here sire.

By the way, Great piece you've there@Biafra story.

I was one of the Followers. Thumps up bro!
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
full name: fadairo seun
Instittution: OAU
Course: law
Level: 200
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
NL member:

Thanks for answering, abeg no vex, what does 'etc' comprise of? Which other thing biko?
On the other hand, the skills one learns in philosophical study can be adapted to many other careers
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by olumidaie(m): 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
I appreciate you all for your contribution to this topic.

Anyway, as a Law DIRECT ENTRY aspirant to UI and Unilorin, I would want to know the course outline for a fresher entering in 'YEAR 1' or YEAR 2', including that of philosophy.

I would also want to get information on the similarities of the courses with A LEVEL subjects like Sociology, Lit. In. Eng, and History(European and International). The similarities and correlation with O LEVEL subjects would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
dats not entirely true. In my first year i did only one law course which is legal method. Other schools migth differ but thats the way it is in OAU
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
gentlefada: full name: fadairo seun
Instittution: OAU
Course: law
Level: 200
whao wlcm sire can u pls kindly expantiate nd gv us tips on how IFELAW 100L IS LYK?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by djeezy(m): 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
We need to discuss a general topic on law and philosophy for the sake of freshmen and those who haven't gone far in learning. By so doing, it will give everyone an avenue to contribute and also grasp what is to be discussed. Suggestions...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Excelboi(m): 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
As for BUK, in my current level, i have about 3 law courses which are as follows:
Constitutional Law
Nigerian Legal System
Law of Contract (interesting but quite tough). I think it varies depending on the school. The degree is dual honour. Now its time to discuss my learned collegues.

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Timichael(m): 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
Big big shoutout 2 all barristers nd philosophers in da building. I am Michael by name, jst admitd 2 study law in OAU. Fynest! Thumbs up 4 a job well done! Barristers cn also post hia so as brighten us up concerning d challenges ahead. #i bow o... *Ubi jus, ibi remedium*...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by AmiableJay(m): 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fynestboi: can u help post the courses outline?? Barr!
Course Outline
University of Ibadan
ENG111-Poetry in English.
ENG112-Drama in English.
PHI101-Intro. To Philosophy.
ENG113-Prose Literature..
PHI102-Arguments and critical thinking.
GES101-General Studies (Use of English.)
PSY102-Intro. To personality, social and Life span. study.(Psychology)
ANT115-Introduciton to cultural anthropology.
GES107-General Studies(Reproductive Health: STI's and HIV.
SOC104-Intro. To Population studies. (Sociology)
CLL103- Intro. To Latin for lawyers.
LAW101- Legal Method I
LAW102- Legal Method II.
Nb: The course outlines vary from school to school.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
djeezy: We need to discuss a general topic on law and philosophy for the sake of freshmen and those who haven't gone far in learning. By so doing, it will give everyone an avenue to contribute and also grasp what is to be discussed. Suggestions...
let my ogas take up with this....
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
AmiableJay:
Course Outline
University of Ibadan
ENG112-Drama in English.
LAW101- Legal Method I
LAW102- Legal Method II.
THANKS MY HONORABLE BARRISTER...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
AmiableJay:
Course Outline
University of Ibadan
ENG112-Drama in English.
LAW101- Legal Method I
LAW102- Legal Method II.
PLS. Barr. Amiable CAN U HELP with that of PHILOSOPHY UI?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Excelboi(m): 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
olumidaie: I appreciate you all for your contribution to this topic.

Anyway, as a Law DIRECT ENTRY aspirant to UI and Unilorin, I would want to know the course outline for a fresher entering in 'YEAR 1' or YEAR 2', including that of philosophy.

I would also want to get information on the similarities of the courses with A LEVEL subjects like Sociology, Lit. In. Eng, and History(European and International). The similarities and correlation with O LEVEL subjects would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Mostly its year one courses that has similar correlation with ur O level subjects e.g. Introduction to Pol sci. Like in unilorin, to the best of my knowledge it depends on the type of law you are aspiring to go for. You will do courses like Administrative law,Nig Legal System,law of contract,law of tort (i think),criminal law,constitutional law etc. Your history background in ur A level will be beneficial to you in aspect like the Nig Legal System.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by doyinmolah: 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
What a nice thread, #subscribing#
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
Name: Abdul Hasib
Institution: Lagos State University
Course: LAW (Double Hons.)
Level: Law Graduate (LL.B Hons.) BL. In view

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by AmiableJay(m): 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fynestboi: PLS. Barr. Amiable CAN U HELP with that of PHILOSOPHY UI?
Sure,will do. But not now.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fynestboi: On the other hand, the skills one learns in philosophical study can be adapted to many other careers

That's true.

Thanks for the edu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Lagos School Principal Becomes A Student For One Day / Ademola Tayo, Babcock VC: Why We Expelled Sex Tape Student / ASUU Strike! Lecturer Turns Spiderman To Attend To Students

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52