Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,500 members, 7,836,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. (44532 Views)

Oau Cut- Off Mark For Law 2012/2013 / 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Law Mass Communication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Ezechyglo: 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
this is very nice, really nice. shaeing ideas and knwldge
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
Creative mind: In the Faculty of Law, University of Ilorin. We have four competitive and active chambers. They include: Equity chambers, Justice chambers, Liberty chambers and Human right chambers.
Nice one bro
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
Name: Yield
Institution: University of [...in Canada]
Course: Honours Philosophy
Level: 4A

Best wishes, everyone.
May all your dreams and aspirations come true in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
Yield: Name: Yield
Institution: University of [...in Canada]
Course: Honours Philosophy
Level: 4A

Best wishes, everyone.
May all your dreams and aspirations come true in Jesus name. Amen.
welcomE bt helP compleTe d uni name. Lolz
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by udswagz: 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hello people, this question & answer website for students
www.thestudybox.com
needs beta testers. If you are a student pls try it out,
ask a question or answer one.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by damosky12(m): 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2013
I had wanted to ask 'WHAT ARE THE FUTURE PROSPECTS OF A PHILOSOPHY STUDENT?', 'IN WHAT CAREER CAN HE FIT WITH A PHILOSOPHY DEGREE?' . I will be glad with to see your genuine replies.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
damosky12: I had wanted to ask 'WHAT ARE THE FUTURE PROSPECTS OF A PHILOSOPHY STUDENT?', 'IN WHAT CAREER CAN HE FIT WITH A PHILOSOPHY DEGREE?' . I will be glad with to see your genuine replies.
Bro, to be candid wif u, Nigeria is now a country where ur course does not count much (except for professional courses like Law, Medicine, Pharmacy e.t.c. dat are meant for experts in such field ). Don't be suprised wit ur Philosiphy degree u can compete wit and even win an Accounting graduate in an auditing firm or in a bank.
What really counts is dat u av a very good grade from skul.Minimum of a second class upper will be d best. I av so many science and engeneering students working in KPMG which is an auditing firm in Lagos. Wot dese firms ask now is " a Bsc or B.A in any discipline wif atleast a second class upper division". Pls don't be deceived in any way. I'm outside and I'm familier wif d labour market so I know wot is going on. So wit ur Philosophy, u can work in d bank, as an Auditor or even as a Journalist. Buh u no fit rear head go Law firm or hospital oh ***lolz*** GOODLUCK
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
Name: Veronica
Level: fresher
Sch:UNILAG
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Bimcious(f): 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2013
Gracious
Aaua
Law
200l

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by olagamalin(m): 7:06am On Sep 11, 2013
Hallo hallo everyone.... Any Unilag Law here??....
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by lanaVello1(m): 8:33am On Sep 11, 2013
¤¤¤lurvely¤¤¤:
Name: Veronica
Level: fresher
Sch:UNILAG
v u guys started reg yet??
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by lanaVello1(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2013
olagamalin: Hallo hallo everyone.... Any Unilag Law here??....
yeah,check previous pages
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
lana_Vello: v u guys started reg yet??
no
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by lanaVello1(m): 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2013
¤¤¤lurvely¤¤¤:
no
aii,probably i'd c u wen u guys enta d faculty someday
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
lana_Vello: aii,probably i'd c u wen u guys enta d faculty someday
you're in the faculty? What level?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Djkels(m): 11:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
Plz rsust students should com nd give us outline fr year 1 law
Name: michael
Fresher

Ps: any other useful info will be apreciated
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Aribab(m): 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Love dis thread, nd want 2 b part of it...
Name: Ariyibi Ahmod Babatunde
Institution: Bayero University Kano(BUK)
Course: Law
Level: 1
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by virginofafrica(m): 6:56am On Sep 12, 2013
Always law. Please sir. Talk on law in general. Student of SUSU STARTING this fall.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Raymondif: 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
for the sake of clarity, i wish to state more lucidly the types of job a philosopher can do. Generally speaking a student can acquire education just to get a particular job, a job of his dream. This causes frustration when that job is not forth coming. Another student can acquire education for self development. This is formative in nature and it is spiritual and philosophical goal while the former is a physical one. Those who just want to become graduates only read to pass examinations. As soon as they drop their pens,they also drop all they have read. A philosopher who reads to form himself can do many types of jobs some of which are journalism. With a good knowledge of logic,ethics,social and political philosophy,philosophy of religion,history etc. He can be freelance writer,an editor or assistant editor. He can be a legal researcher,paralegal assistant. Lawyers often introduce their cases before philosophers to help sharpen their arguments. A philosopher can be a political analyst,an intelligent officer,eg. Police detective or security agent. In a business establishment, he can be an assistant manager,a public relation officer,information officer,sales representative,advert executive. It is good to note that philosophy students also take elective courses from other departments.courses like public policy analysis,computer,public and personnel administration etc. Infact d occupation of a philosophers are varied as their aims and ambitions. The important thing is that a philosopher does not limit his studies to any particular field.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
Raymondif: for the sake of clarity, i wish to state more lucidly the types of job a philosopher can do. Generally speaking a student can acquire education just to get a particular job, a job of his dream. This causes frustration when that job is not forth coming. Another student can acquire education for self development. This is formative in nature and it is spiritual and philosophical goal while the former is a physical one. Those who just want to become graduates only read to pass examinations. As soon as they drop their pens,they also drop all they have read. A philosopher who reads to form himself can do many types of jobs some of which are journalism. With a good knowledge of logic,ethics,social and political philosophy,philosophy of religion,history etc. He can be freelance writer,an editor or assistant editor. He can be a legal researcher,paralegal assistant. Lawyers often introduce their cases before philosophers to help sharpen their arguments. A philosopher can be a political analyst,an intelligent officer,eg. Police detective or security agent. In a business establishment, he can be an assistant manager,a public relation officer,information officer,sales representative,advert executive. It is good to note that philosophy students also take elective courses from other departments.courses like public policy analysis,computer,public and personnel administration etc. Infact d occupation of a philosophers are varied as their aims and ambitions. The important thing is that a philosopher does not limit his studies to any particular field.
*sighs*
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
Raymondif: for the sake of clarity, i wish to state more lucidly the types of job a philosopher can do. Generally speaking a student can acquire education just to get a particular job, a job of his dream. This causes frustration when that job is not forth coming. Another student can acquire education for self development. This is formative in nature and it is spiritual and philosophical goal while the former is a physical one. Those who just want to become graduates only read to pass examinations. As soon as they drop their pens,they also drop all they have read. A philosopher who reads to form himself can do many types of jobs some of which are journalism. With a good knowledge of logic,ethics,social and political philosophy,philosophy of religion,history etc. He can be freelance writer,an editor or assistant editor. He can be a legal researcher,paralegal assistant. Lawyers often introduce their cases before philosophers to help sharpen their arguments. A philosopher can be a political analyst,an intelligent officer,eg. Police detective or security agent. In a business establishment, he can be an assistant manager,a public relation officer,information officer,sales representative,advert executive. It is good to note that philosophy students also take elective courses from other departments.courses like public policy analysis,computer,public and personnel administration etc. Infact d occupation of a philosophers are varied as their aims and ambitions. The important thing is that a philosopher does not limit his studies to any particular field.
*sighs*
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
Pls i need the course outline for PHILOSOPHY PART1...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Raymondif: 7:45am On Sep 13, 2013
@finestboi.......intro to philosophy. Intro to logic. Religion and human value. French. Citizenship education GST 105. Use of English. Philosophy and logic GST 103 Elementary Ethics.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 7:57am On Sep 13, 2013
Thanks
Raymondif: @finestboi.......
intro to philosophy.
Intro to logic.
Religion and human value.
French.

Citizenship education

GST 105. Use of English.

Philosophy and logic GST 103

Elementary Ethics.
this are for which school?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by olalerey(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2013
Hi pals , am OLALERE YUSUF ,a law aspirant at d FIRST and d BEST uni (U.I).

i wil be glad if am welcumd to dis thread so as to gain two or more tins frm U barristers
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 9:33am On Sep 13, 2013
olalerey: Hi pals , am OLALERE YUSUF ,a law aspirant at d FIRST and d BEST uni (U.I).

i wil be glad if am welcumd to dis thread so as to gain two or more tins frm U barristers
sures you are very much welcome.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2013
Fynestboi: Thanksthis are for which school?
thats definately not OAU's first year curriculum. In OAU you would take:
Introduction to philosophy
Elementary ethics
Intoduction to history of philosophy
Introduction to religious studies
And other two courses that i cant remember.
You would definately not take logic in ur first year(u would in the second year) hope i have anshered ur q
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2013
gentlefada: thats definately not OAU's first year curriculum. In OAU you would take:
Introduction to philosophy
Elementary ethics
Intoduction to history of philosophy
Introduction to religious studies
And other two courses that i cant remember.
You would definately not take logic in ur first year(u would in the second year) hope i have anshered ur q
gud bt some1 told me there s maths among the course in oau part1 how true is this?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 10:22am On Sep 13, 2013
Fynestboi: gud bt some1 told me there s maths among the course in oau part1 how true is this?
no thats false the only thing thats close to maths that u would do is logic and its in ur second and third year(but its not really maths it just alot of logical reasoning techniques)...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 10:25am On Sep 13, 2013
gentlefada: no thats false the only thing thats close to maths that u would do is logic and its in ur second and third year(but its not really maths it just alot of logical reasoning techniques)...
thanks bro.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Raymondif: 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
Fynestboi: Thanksthis are for which school?
imo state university

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply)

When You Have Been Misbehaving In School And Your Grandma Goes To PTA Meeting / Ademola Tayo, Babcock VC: Why We Expelled Sex Tape Student / Convoy Of A Departmental President In Al-Qalam University, Katsina (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.