Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal (27190 Views)

Dangote Visits Governor Ganduje Over Death Of His Mother. Photos / Halima Dangote Visits Governor Ganduje (Photos) / Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by solomon111(m): 11:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
People like dangote,adenuga,jim ovia,elumelu,e.t.c. are like the henry ford,j.p morgan,of early america that paved the way for their industrialization.
When Nigeria begins to fufill its potential,these industrialists and entrepreneurs will hopefully be accorded their due honours in the annals of history.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
Giddyprance: Chai!!!
3.3 billion dollars refinery...dats abt 20% of his assets
dis guy wan enter top ten richest man in the world sha....where ma papa dae when dis men dae make dis kyn money sef..chai..smh
Oga ...

U too berra work Hard to earn as better than Dangote cuz ya son fit ask U dis kain kweshion u ask ya papa oo!!!!

Hmmmm, I wish them success in the project and beneficial to Nigerians and Africa at Large !!!
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by enm(m): 12:01am On Sep 05, 2013
I don't know why some people are crying wolf over nothing. I used to attack dangote before but now I admire him.

Government or no government support, the guy and the bank are not stupid or dense if the environment is not conducive for such a project and this goes a long way to tell us that Jonathan led government is not that bad and doing well in term of job creation and other area except the feeding money in aso rock.

Some years ago company were closing down and relocating to our neighboring countries even where I work they were mooting the idea to set but today its a different case, currently we planing in expanding our production output despite the entrance of a competitive competitor even though we rely on our own power generating plant. This is not peculiar to my company alone, many company are expanding.

I don't know why we nigerian refused to believe in our country, non nigerian believe and are investing heavily in the country, am not talking of investing in the nigerian stock exchange.

So many graduate but little job is available. should we hold the government responsible for this predicament and continue holding them responsible while we idling away in our closet. As i used to say to those who care enough to listen to me that government can not create job and should not create but create policy to make the environment conducive for business to strive and I stand by my word. yes they can support.

How many government company are functioning today? must they continue to set up company and have them staff based on federal character which will throw up a lot of un qualified people to man this company or we should encourage them to create the environment for people with the means to set up business and survive?

As I always says, nigeria economy need entrepreneurs right now not job seekers because that is what the country economy need most right now. if there is dearth of enough entrepreneurs, how will the numerous job seekers see job to do. we have people with the means who can kick start everything but choose to spend their money in the acquisition of things that will not that will not impact massively on the unemployment market.

Whether you want to admit it or not this government is trying and its now left for us to take to take things further. Nigeria business is not conducive for business but guiness is still operating, nigerite is still operating, cocacola is still operating, cadbury is still operating nestle is still operating, leventis is still operating, tower is still operating, GE is still operating, and many more and yet we nigerian we will be spewing rubbish.

Have we ever wonder why this people will come to nigeria and be investing their hard earned money? most especially in this regime of retardan Jonathan?

We all should stop, most especially we the youth and think of how to move this country forward economically and politically. we should learn to discuss matter dispassionately without any party affiliation and seek for the truth in all matter.

America we are shouting today, go and and find out how two people jump start the american economy putting her on the part to world domination, one young guy in the refining of oil business and the most rich man in america then.

There is a revolution going on now in the agricultural sector, don't sit by waiting for government company, tap into this sector and revolutionized your life and go on to do greater things for this country.

7 Likes

Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by danjalingo: 12:02am On Sep 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: If this govt is not building infrastructure it is creating ENABLING environment for private sector to thrive with multiplier effect in job and wealth creation.

FRESH AIR unlimited. This FRESH AIR will definitely suffocate enemies of progress

amen, bc it will be ova there dead bodies.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by Emelcee: 12:03am On Sep 05, 2013
⁠Tuesday, 3 September 2013⁠

ASUU Strike: When will we matter? [Must Read] for All Nigerian Students

Civilization begins when the strong finally realize they have a duty to protect the weak, when the knowledgeable finally realize they have a duty to protect the ignorant; that duty is the foundation of civilization, the bedrock on which everything else rests.

For decades, we, the people, have abdicated our duties to a few strong men. "Rule us" wesay, "and do not steal too much. Do not be too corrupt, do not betray us too much, do not shame us beyond endurance. Protect the weak, the elderly, the helpless, the sick, the young; protect them from those who will prey on them. And protect us. 

If you grant us protection, you may steal a little, enough to be filthy rich as long as you do not rub our faces too much in it. We are giving you care of our numerous resources because we lack the
faith, the strength and the brain power to utilize and manage them properly.

Now there is a new party or should I call it a "coalition" with the sole aim to topple the present administration (of course at an election!) kind of a civilian coup d'état. Not tobetter develop the country, NO! not to find a way to provide better jobs, NO! not seeking to manage our resources profitably, NO!; just to ensure that the ruling party does not produce the winner in the next elections. 

Someone said they are an association of past criminals seeking to stop people from deceiving people. Now the two "major" parties are trading words with the new party committing it's first blunder. Of course, the opposition seized the opportunity optimally saying they do not see a presidential candidate among themselves.

I want to say here "categorically" that our duty can no longer be ignored. Our destiny has been delivered into our hands by the Hands that created the universe. We must acknowledge before God and before each other that this nation is ours to write, ours to invent, ours to live and ours to answer for;on earth here and before the throne of heaven on Judgement day.

The future of our families is on our heads, the fate of this people is our responsibility and our destiny. The "e no concern me" attitude of today's youths is disheartening. How many know what is happening in the government, how many care to know? Our leaders do whatever they want without recourse to the people being led.

Nigerian students have to exercise patience biding the time "they" decide to answer "us". Sorry?Who are the  "us"? Did our lecturers even ask what the students feel about their requests? They say they are fighting to improve the standard of higher education in Nigeria. For the love of a good education! How many student
leaders were incorporated in the agreement with the federal government in 2009? But we are inconsequential; as we have always been. The strike in 2009 for 3 months, who were primarily, secondarily andtertiarily affected? Students! The present strike, which group of people is singularly affected? Students! And you sit there facebooking all day, Making jokes about the strike while our lecturers are collecting their salaries, senators are collecting their allowances.

Even the Minister of state on Education is more interested in the Rivers crises than in strike situation. We all campaigned the nation over about the "girl child" situation. Hash tags and DP's proclaimed our outrage at what about 90% of us did not fully understand. Why can't we do the same about the strike? Or we'll just sit here hoping, maybe even praying that the strike will be called off. The "agreement" theyare even talking about, the contents are unknown to "US". But then again, do we matter?
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by ignis: 12:11am On Sep 05, 2013
Am damn sure a business man cannot venture into any venture whee there is no profit.
Nigeria a country where aan is many tomes richer than the whole nation.
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 05, 2013
Emelcee: ⁠Tuesday, 3 September 2013⁠

ASUU Strike: When will we matter? [Must Read] for All Nigerian Students

Civilization begins when the strong finally realize they have a duty to protect the weak, when the knowledgeable finally realize they have a duty to protect the ignorant; that duty is the foundation of civilization, the bedrock on which everything else rests.

For decades, we, the people, have abdicated our duties to a few strong men. "Rule us" wesay, "and do not steal too much. Do not be too corrupt, do not betray us too much, do not shame us beyond endurance. Protect the weak, the elderly, the helpless, the sick, the young; protect them from those who will prey on them. And protect us. 

If you grant us protection, you may steal a little, enough to be filthy rich as long as you do not rub our faces too much in it. We are giving you care of our numerous resources because we lack the
faith, the strength and the brain power to utilize and manage them properly.

Now there is a new party or should I call it a "coalition" with the sole aim to topple the present administration (of course at an election!) kind of a civilian coup d'état. Not tobetter develop the country, NO! not to find a way to provide better jobs, NO! not seeking to manage our resources profitably, NO!; just to ensure that the ruling party does not produce the winner in the next elections. 

Someone said they are an association of past criminals seeking to stop people from deceiving people. Now the two "major" parties are trading words with the new party committing it's first blunder. Of course, the opposition seized the opportunity optimally saying they do not see a presidential candidate among themselves.

I want to say here "categorically" that our duty can no longer be ignored. Our destiny has been delivered into our hands by the Hands that created the universe. We must acknowledge before God and before each other that this nation is ours to write, ours to invent, ours to live and ours to answer for;on earth here and before the throne of heaven on Judgement day.

The future of our families is on our heads, the fate of this people is our responsibility and our destiny. The "e no concern me" attitude of today's youths is disheartening. How many know what is happening in the government, how many care to know? Our leaders do whatever they want without recourse to the people being led.

Nigerian students have to exercise patience biding the time "they" decide to answer "us". Sorry?Who are the  "us"? Did our lecturers even ask what the students feel about their requests? They say they are fighting to improve the standard of higher education in Nigeria. For the love of a good education! How many student
leaders were incorporated in the agreement with the federal government in 2009? But we are inconsequential; as we have always been. The strike in 2009 for 3 months, who were primarily, secondarily andtertiarily affected? Students! The present strike, which group of people is singularly affected? Students! And you sit there facebooking all day, Making jokes about the strike while our lecturers are collecting their salaries, senators are collecting their allowances.

Even the Minister of state on Education is more interested in the Rivers crises than in strike situation. We all campaigned the nation over about the "girl child" situation. Hash tags and DP's proclaimed our outrage at what about 90% of us did not fully understand. Why can't we do the same about the strike? Or we'll just sit here hoping, maybe even praying that the strike will be called off. The "agreement" theyare even talking about, the contents are unknown to "US". But then again, do we matter?
Don't blame FG for the strike,,,blame d opposition,d northerners have checked dat der henchmen(boko haram) attack on d Igbo's in d north,has reduced coz of d emmigration of Igbo's and southerners out of der,so they turned der attack on d Nigerian students by Using der ppl in ASUU'''during Obj,Yar'adua and d rest regime ASUU strikes,but they didn't meet all der demands,yet they called it off,now GeJ is incharge and they want all der demand to be met 100percent which aint dat easy...
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by Pattey(m): 12:20am On Sep 05, 2013
But seriously, if Dangote is worth over $25Billion according to Forbes, should he still be getting loans to finance new businesses like this refinery which promises insanely multiplier returns?

Shouldn't he be confident enough to stake his own money? Aren't these kind of huge loans that weren't repaid as expected how our banking industry nearly got toast before? I mean, this has got to be a loooong term thing, if he's so confident, why not stake just a little of those billions of his we keep hearing about?

B4 less discerning vultures open their mouths, its all questions, I hope we all think, and deeply too.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by solomon111(m): 12:45am On Sep 05, 2013
Pattey: But seriously, if Dangote is worth over $25Billion according to Forbes, should he still be getting loans to finance new businesses like this refinery which promises insanely multiplier returns?

Shouldn't he be confident enough to stake his own money? Aren't these kind of huge loans that weren't repaid as expected how our banking industry nearly got toast before? I mean, this has got to be a loooong term thing, if he's so confident, why not stake just a little of those billions of his we keep hearing about?

B4 less discerning vultures open their mouths, its all questions, I hope we all think, and deeply too.
How many businessmen use their personal money for projects as huge and risky as this?.
Very few have the guts.
And also the $25billion is the worth of dangote's assets and not necessarily available cash.
So dangote may not have up to $3billion raw cash in his account.!!
And Btw according to dangote,the projects should be completed in 3 years.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by enm(m): 12:47am On Sep 05, 2013
Pattey: But seriously, if Dangote is worth over $25Billion according to Forbes, should he still be getting loans to finance new businesses like this refinery which promises insanely multiplier returns?

His wealth is value at 25 billion dollar but not in cash but in assets and being a wise and smart investor it will be wrong for him to sell his assets just because he want to raise money for new venture.

the logical thing to do as a wise and smart investor is to use other people money with a promise to pay back with interest. it can be in form of loan or direct investment from people who are interested.

In other word he borrowed money from the bank using some of his assets as collateral in case of default on his part. he invest the money into the project, get it running recoup the money and pay back his loan with interest free his asset and his wealth value shoot up that is if there is no outstanding loan.

chei I make sense

1 Like

Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by dekins: 12:50am On Sep 05, 2013
New era for Nigeria.This is a good step in the right direction.More to come.
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by tomakint: 1:07am On Sep 05, 2013
take dat: Its all good.
Hmmmmnnn.........*Tomakint still wondering if this is the 'take dat' I used to know or another undecided * @ topic, I have always believed that Jonathan is a God sent deliverer to the plight of Nigeria and Nigerians! I am impressed by this initiative from Jonathan!
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by sonnie10: 1:12am On Sep 05, 2013
Abeg, somebody should keep me updated about when Dangote Refinery shares go being sell for NSE. cheesy
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by ideylaff: 3:21am On Sep 05, 2013
taharqa: But seriously, away from d roforofo fights and side talks, this is a reali HUGE deal in deed. This should be, by far, d LARGEST Investment ever made in this nation history (outside d Oil Sector)- over $9billion; and, that it is actuali been made by an Indigenious Nigerian Cop and its finance/capital outlay overseen by a Cotorie of Banks led by Nigerian Banks, is an Outstanding testament to how far we as individuals Nigerians and Nigerian have come, and perhaps more importantly, how much farther we can go. This should be such a source of pride for EVERY Nigerian, regardless of our present persuasions. Of course, it is more exciting that this is happening in d Refining, Petrochemical and Fertilizer Sectors.... Great stuff

90% of the so called Nigerian banks these days have direct or indirect foreign investment in them. We hardly own our banks these days. Oyinbos are just silent on the board thats all.

Every one is jusr jumping over the size of the deal, but has a level playing field bn in place for all form day 1. NO
No pun of offence or dig taken at Dangote oooo, he his only doing what hes always done to make money in business

No FG I have issues with.... There is not a clear level playing field for the common business man to survive

Any country that chokes up SME (Small Medium Enterprise) at expense of massive business is killing the bread and butter of the economy and putting the economy @ risk and exposure to failure due to invidual ownership and power within the Polity

Good luck Dangote...there are +ves and -ves in ds scenario.....

1 Like

Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by blaqoracle: 4:51am On Sep 05, 2013
lygn19: Dangote go and learn to stand on ur own,,,stop leaning on the shoulders of d FG'''
green with envy.
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by kunlekunle: 4:53am On Sep 05, 2013
can someone reason and interprete what was written on southern nigeria's economic wall.
what the northerners cant achieve politically ,
they are achieving economically.

from the north to the ocean.
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 05, 2013
Akamu and Stew: When you have an underperforming mediocre as President every news article that mentions his name becomes an achievement..

Bunch of Circus clowns....

Abati should be face of Papa Ajasco maybe Insincere Liberian can star as Boy Alinco and the mumu called Taharqa as Pa James..

grin

Thank you very much! Reading their posts, especially Mr Insincere, one would think this was a brainchild of the FG. A business man is making a business decision and we are supposed to give GEJ credit for it! These clowns are just super daft!!!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by mufex(m): 5:05am On Sep 05, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

I wish society can prohibit people like you from reproduction, in other to save human race from the trauma of sharing this world with evolving Neanderthals like you.
come on, that is not fair...everybody is entitled to an opinion no matter how stupid their opinion is. Don't be cruel!!
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by philogos4: 5:21am On Sep 05, 2013
Money good ooh
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by takeprofit: 5:29am On Sep 05, 2013
Tolexander:

So after sleeping overnight in my house built with dangote cement with the room flitted with dangote petrochemicals to kill the mosquitoes, i will still need waking up in the morning to boil my water for tea which has dangote sugar with dangote gas, and cook my dangote shaggetti also with dangote kerosene.
Drive to my working place with my car running on dangote petrol. Only to gat to work and realised there is no PHCN light then thinking of how to run our generator on Dangote diesel.
Even about 5% of the air breathe in will be dangote from the combustion of his fuels from automobiles and generators to the atmosphere likewise the air breathe out will be dangote from the catabolism of the sugar, spaghetti indomine and vegetables fertilized by the dangote's fertilizer i eat everyday.
Applied for dangote truck driving school, but wasn't admitted but still putting my hope on the post of the dangote group company financial manager i recently applied for.

Shey na Dangote create me ni!

and u cook with dangote salt
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by zumatec: 5:39am On Sep 05, 2013
solomon111: People like dangote,adenuga,jim ovia,elumelu,e.t.c. are like the henry ford,j.p morgan,of early america that paved the way for their industrialization.
When Nigeria begins to fufill its potential,these industrialists and entrepreneurs will hopefully be accorded their due honours in the annals of history.
solomon111: People like dangote,adenuga,jim ovia,elumelu,e.t.c. are like the henry ford,j.p morgan,of early america that paved the way for their industrialization.
[quote author=solomon111]People like dangote,adenuga,jim ovia,elumelu,e.t.c. are like the henry ford,j.p morgan,of early america that paved the way for their industrialization.
When Nigeria begins to fufill its potential,these industrialists and ent hopefully be accorded their due honours in the annals of history.
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by kabba7(m): 5:40am On Sep 05, 2013
[quote author=kunlekunle]can someone reason and interprete what was written on southern nigeria's economic wall.
what the northerners cant achieve politically ,
they are achieving economically.from the north to the ocean.eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
My fear on this project initially when this news broke was where the project will ne sited cause I have the feaer if Dangote tries any where in South Easth or Sourh South the Militants (young ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ old) won't let him rest, Now its better .I just wonder if this richest person in AFRICA is an Igbo or Ijaw WhaT amount of noise would be on in this places of how BOOKKY he is but thank God he is not an Igbo (the only booky ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ wise people) praise the Lord
somebody say aleluyah,
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 05, 2013
danny301:

Some of you are just stupid......... Here we are talking about Dangote, a Northerner trying to build refinery in Nigeria and all somebody is saying is how Yorubas hate Igbos...........
D last tym I checked, all d silly ppl dat re after my ass for speaking d truth on dz page,wz from yoruba...
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by awodman: 6:34am On Sep 05, 2013
This ωнεяε Dangote's words...
awodman:
“Without good government policies, there is no way the private sector can invest in Nigeria, because we are not Father Christmas at all. The policies have to be right,” he said.

He also stated that with the signing of the agreement, about 85,000 Nigerians at the initial stage and 8,000 engineers would be employed, adding, “When you look at what is now happening to Shell Petroleum and others, this policy is better for us.”

“We want to export petroleum products rather than export crude oil. This is the biggest largest single investment in Africa ever. No more importation of fuel and other bye-products of petroleum.

“Your policies have helped us greatly. Without them, we will not be where we are today,” Dangote said.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/dangote-nigeria-will-cut-fuel-importation-by-2016/158201/
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 05, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

I wish society can prohibit people like you from reproduction, in other to save human race from the trauma of sharing this world with evolving Neanderthals like you.
LoL...that's so sweet
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by jmaine: 6:41am On Sep 05, 2013
awodman: This ωнεяε Dangote's words...

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/dangote-nigeria-will-cut-fuel-importation-by-2016/158201/

The cynic zombies on the thread were intentionally blind to that simple fact . . .
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by gega: 6:49am On Sep 05, 2013
sincerely speaking, this is one man that's got Nigerians @ heart though he may have his reasons, but it's worthwhile. We once had sm one with a bell-ringing name but not much in the development of this nation was attributed 2his name. Alhaji Dangote, God bless you.
Re: Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal by Rhino5dm: 6:54am On Sep 05, 2013
mufex: come on, that is not fair...everybody is entitled to an opinion no matter how stupid their opinion is. Don't be cruel!!

The bold is false.

WIZKID said "Broke people always think they have an opinion "

SAGAMITE said "Morons and Fucktards should not be allowed to vote in any election"

As far as am concern, Fucktards should be denied their rights to reproduction to save humanity from cohabiting with evolving Neanderthals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"We Are The Ones Who Banish People", Igbokwe Replies IPOB / Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi / Buhari To Spend 2 Weeks In London On Private Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.