Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo (26329 Views)

I Conceded Defeat To Prevent Crisis – Jonathan (punch) / PDP Crisis: Jonathan, Aliyu, Lamido, Nyako Meet / PDP Crisis: Jonathan Rejects Obasanjo’s Peace Mission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by Easy1401(m): 11:55am On Sep 06, 2013
Battle for supremacy, PDP has reach a decline stages in Nigeria waiting for the better party that will take over from corrupt party.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by lamba3: 11:59am On Sep 06, 2013
“President Obasanjo has to come out publicly to renounce his ties with the seven governors who are trying to impose their will on the remaining 29 states and the Federal Capital Territory or acknowledge them and be treated like them.”

Last time i checked they are having a PDP Crisis , so why am i still seeing some Dumb Idiots attaching it to the whole Nation...
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
P.Stacks:

What an Elder see while sitting, a Kid would never see it even if he climbs mountain everest. Obj saw nobody could hold Nigeria and wanted a 3rd term.

Go to Zimbabwe and tell me how many Tenures Mugabe has done, 2weeks Time Germany would be heading for Elections and the Current German Chancellor Angela Merkel who has done 2 terms is contesting for a 3rd term and opinion polls are already begging to show she's likely to beat her opponent,

3rd term for Obasanjo was never a crime. If OBJ wanted 20 terms like Mugabe and Nigeria was progressing and developing is it not better than this current nigeria that takes 1 step forward and 5 steps backwards?

Ghadaffi of Libya had stayed more than How many years, Libya is Oil Rich like Nigeria and was Plotically and economically stable under Ghadaffi not till America waded in.

Mandela did one tenure and was ok for him, Obasanjo did Military, did Civilian and if he wants he can do crippled sef if he wants. These all boils down to individual differences,

If OBJ wants to be relevant till he is 120 years, that is solely his business and not yours to decide what age he bcomes irrelivant. After all this same obj has been called irrelevant so many time.. I wonder how an irrelevant man is giving you so much sleepless night..

Call obj irrelevant at your own detrement.
u ingrate what are u driving at?
Nigeria is Neither Germany nor Zimbabwe.In Nigeria,d constitution says that a president can only be elected a miximum of 2 times of 4years in each tenure.Or am i missing somethin here.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by clint77ng: 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
see obj and his so called corrupt atiku working together just to topple GEJ. In God we trust.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by fortunejum: 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
OBJ is a destroyer. Take it or leave it. You can only know is mind by his action. He will be smiling and biting you at the time. He has an hidden agenda in today's politics. One have to be very wise when dealing with him.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by fortunejum: 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
Nigeria is Neither Germany nor Zimbabwe.In Nigeria,d constitution says that a president can only be elected a miximum of 2 times of 4years in each tenure.Or am i missing somethin here.[/quote]
How many times was he elected? Note, when he took over from yara dua nobody elected him.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by jpphilips(m): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
tatosh: These governors have pratically abadoned their duties and responsibilities to the people. All they do is sit down in Abuja having meetings on issues that don't even add value to the populace. What kind of human beings are these? These guys are monsters.
People please vote wisely next time, Vote APC

APC doesn't play politics?
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by alex1612: 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
Why GEJ disturbing himself when he never finish the food in his hand and fighting for tomorrow's food. Meanwhile some are dyeing of hunger. God safe us from all these long throat Politicians. God help this Nation. When they can't fight on how to empower the youth, employ unemployed and create jobs, improve standard of living of Nigerians, they started killing themselves 2015 in 2013. Edi re ooo.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by PStacks(m): 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
Anjelus: If you are a good football fan, you would know that Mourinho is a Tactician.. As a Tactician and master strategist, you don't change a Tactics that has always worked for you, that is why Mourinho always insists you "NEVER CHANGE A WINNING TEAM"..

When you take time to formulate a Tactics that works for you, you dare not change that tactics not till it fails you..

Obasanjo is a Master Tactician and his Tactics has brought him this far, you are nobody and too small to ask obasanjo to change his Tactics.

You should know what you are talking about when you talk of tactics, don't forget Obasanjo is a very tactical person as he grew thru the ranks and File of the Nigerian Army to the pinacle of his career as a Full fled General.

There's nothing in the world as amazing as this and sweeter than this,. You talk of Abacha, (May his soul rest in peace). But today we all know where he is. Amongst the strongest Generals we have today, IBB, Abdulsalam, Buhari, ObJ..
Seriously, no offence, Obasanjo holds all the swag. Abacha Today is dead but somehow OBJ divinely has managed to be alive.

OBJ is a Master Strategist and a logical Tactician.

A General is the pinacle of your career as a soldier

And a Professor is the pinacle of your career as an Academician..

"Doctor" Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
"General" Olusegun Obasanjo.

"Professor" GEJ would have even been better to General OBJ.

Using the hand of esau and voice of Jacob is a Tactics in itself. Its a different thing for you to unravel a Tactics and its a different thing to deal with it..

Nigeria still has Leadership Problems not to talk of Development.

Without resolving the issue of leadership, there can be no Development,

Abi is it this same GEJ that is busy struggling for his Political career that you would go and tell to provide Electricity for you..

We must forget Electricity for now and watch the movies our leaders are acting even thou you don't have light to watch channels TV and AIT.

Leadership Crisis will not sink this country for Nigerians IJN.
One million likes for your sagacious comment, its a pity that the youths we are looking forward to in this country do not have the moral disposition to make valid and polite analyses, instead they have condescended to a disappointing level of casting aspersions on elderly people all in the name of freedom of expression, IS THIS THE WAY FORWARD? HAVE YOU TAKEN TIME TO DETERMINE THE LATENT REASONS FOR THE REBELLION? MOREOVER, ARE YOUR COMMENTS BASED ON TRIBAL DIFFERENCES OR LOVE FOR THE GROWTH OF THE NATION.....If your answers are negative to the forgoing questions then with all due respect YOU ARE WORSE THAN THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE CONDEMNED!!!

Look! I'm a bonafied Nigerian and I seriously believe in the Project "Nigeria" but we keep having problems with the Managers of the Project called Nigeria.. Not till we have a superb and wonderful Project Manager to Manage the affairs of Nigeria, we are going nowhere..

Before Development, you must talk Leadership, in the interest on Nigeria, let me lecture you a Bit..

We have Older Generation Politicians..

North: IBB, Buhari, Abdulsalami..

South/West: Obasanjo, Bisi Akande,

South/East: Ojukwu (Of Blessed Memory) and south south, maybe Edwin Clark.

Then the modern day Politicians,

South West: Tinubu, Fashola, Aregbesola, Oshioleh and co.

South south: GEJ, Rotimi Amechi, Wike Nysome, and co..

North: Kwankwaso, Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido..

My Point: even the south west young politicians (Fashola and Aregbesola) all still respect Obj..

GEJ is no match for the younger South west leaders, Fashola and aregbesola and co, not to talk of Obasanjo their Father.. Go and ask, Aregbesola and Fashola would gladly worship Obj with no remorse.. Forget PDP or APC..

When you talk of leadership, Awolowo, Fela Kuti, Obasanjo, Fashola, Aregbesola,... These side of nigeria is blessed with them..

I'm not a tribalist, but the truth must be told.

Obasanjo is a world class "African" leader. As a local politiian, he's a champion, internationally, he is reckoned with.. You are wrong to accuse me of tribalism cos I show my love for obasanjo...

I love Amechi, I love Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, I love Aliko Dangote, these people are Nigerians and not my Tribe..

Its not my fault if I'm from the best tribe in Nigeria.. I didn't put myself there.

In as much as I like the mutual existence of nigeria, I'm not also afraid of its dis-integration, cos I know say my people no go carry last.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by emmaelectelect(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
godello: Goodluck is too desperate for my liking.
so what should he do?
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by emmaelectelect(m): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
Yomieluv: Baba,seems you are over stepping your bounds,why cant Obasanjo just behave like the elder we see him,and GEJ,nothing lasts forever......dont make unnecessary enemies for yourself...
The Only reason he has "Power drunk enemies" is because he is from South-South!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by ssiaccenture(m): 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
obasanjo as we all know is an elder state-man, former president, one of the foundling father of PDP and the king maker as far as Nigeria is concerned today and so he should not be shunned rather sought his advice on national issues.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by kizaronto: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
naijaking1: Obasanjo, Obasanjo, Obasanjo! Now, I know why Abacha sentenced you to death for planning a coup.
You no dey even change tactics, or you no get another tactic?

Naijaking u too funy oo. But come to think of it ,Obasanjo is a crafty man. A typical attribute of a man from ........region of the country. Fill in the gap.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by Ikpewe: 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
justhelp: Now I know that truly GEJ is heading to the doom, he can even be disgrace out of aso rock
wakie-wakie
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by kwajahafiz(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Baba..a typical yoruba man..slipperier than a mucus covered salamander.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by clint77ng: 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
lamba3: “President Obasanjo has to come out publicly to renounce his ties with the seven governors who are trying to impose their will on the remaining 29 states and the Federal Capital Territory or acknowledge them and be treated like them.”

Last time i checked they are having a PDP Crisis , so why am i still seeing some Dumb Idiots attaching it to the whole Nation...
dull brain. Are there 29 states in Nigeria. The hatred for this harmless innocent Ijaw man has becloud your sense of reseasoning.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by Noneroone(m): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2013
P.Stacks:

Look! I'm a bonafied Nigerian and I seriously believe in the Project "Nigeria" but we keep having problems with the Managers of the Project called Nigeria.. Not till we have a superb and wonderful Project Manager to Manage the affairs of Nigeria, we are going nowhere..

Before Development, you must talk Leadership, in the interest on Nigeria, let me lecture you a Bit..

We have Older Generation Politicians..

North: IBB, Buhari, Abdulsalami..

South/West: Obasanjo, Bisi Akande,

South/East: Ojukwu (Of Blessed Memory) and south south, maybe Edwin Clark.

Then the modern day Politicians,

South West: Tinubu, Fashola, Aregbesola, Oshioleh and co.

South south: GEJ, Rotimi Amechi, Wike Nysome, and co..

North: Kwankwaso, Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido..

My Point: even the south west young politicians (Fashola and Aregbesola) all still respect Obj..

GEJ is no match for the younger South west leaders, Fashola and aregbesola and co, not to talk of Obasanjo their Father.. Go and ask, Aregbesola and Fashola would gladly worship Obj with no remorse.. Forget PDP or APC..

When you talk of leadership, Awolowo, Fela Kuti, Obasanjo, Fashola, Aregbesola,... These side of nigeria is blessed with them..

I'm not a tribalist, but the truth must be told.

Obasanjo is a world class "African" leader. As a local politiian, he's a champion, internationally, he is reckoned with.. You are wrong to accuse me of tribalism cos I show my love for obasanjo...

I love Amechi, I love Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, I love Aliko Dangote, these people are Nigerians and not my Tribe..

Its not my fault if I'm from the best tribe in Nigeria.. I didn't put myself there.

In as much as I like the mutual existence of nigeria, I'm not also afraid of its dis-integration, cos I know say my people no go carry last.
world class African leeader? I have not heard that before.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
castancassy: please u guys should not forget dat Gej is commander in chief of arm forces so every tin either human animal or tin is under him including obj and d foolish new pdp.he can arrest any body by d power of presidency. so obj respect urself b4 u enter another prison. maybe dis time I will bail u wen I become president in 2034. Hahahah. old man go n slp.pdp will rule nigeria 2015 by Gej.

When is ASUU calling off it strike...? You need to go back to classroom.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by lymelyte(m): 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
I forsee turmoil in this nation come 2015.God help us all.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by clint77ng: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
1999-2007 is just fews years back and we still remember how OBJ ruled this country. Some even called it military democracy. We still rem. how Lar, Ogbe and others left. We still rem how he changed senate presidents like boxers. How govs were impeached and how efcc was unleached on govs. How he stoped lagos LG funds, is it d destruction in Odi? Political killing was order of the day. Atiku didnt fare better under that miltary rule. We still rem how elections were conducted and how PDP took over south west. The worst was imposing a sick man on us. Now what is GEJ sins that OBJ wants to run him down. Must u reneged cos the north wants u to or u want to exhibit d yorubaness in u? Remember u r not God and can be charged for another treason.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by nokingasgod: 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
seven governors who are trying to impose their will on the remaining 29 states

So PDP is controlling the entire 36 states of the federation grin Errant nonsense from pupils of ''The Kindergaten School''!
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by Cutekid54: 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
GudluckIBB: That's why I don't like having Yoruba people as friends.They pretend to be your friend,on the other hand, they are killing you.Obasanjo was aware of the moves Atiku and co were going to make,He styllishly avoided the convention blaming it on Cold,The following day, he went to Aso Rock pretending he is sympatising with the son of the fisherman from Otuoke
Unfortunately, GEJ no get liver and a liverless man cannot rule this country that's why he is having issues here and there.

more reason why you are still rotting in abject poverty, MUMU, its now tribal bah? Oloribu
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by wagzyl: 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
gratiaeo:
That old fool is heading back to kirikiri i bet you

Na You be judge abi or na prison warder you be?
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by Boboedom: 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
OBJ as much as I respect him is jobless. He should look for something better to do other than exhibiting this his cultish behaviour every day in this country. He must understand that most of his members are seeking repentance and amending their ways with their creator, but for him it is politics and power even to eternity. What a shame for a man of his age and stature.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by Abariwiseman: 3:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
OBJ is gradually digging his political grave,
when baba GEJ return from kenya, OBJ will be disgraced and buried
yeye oldman!
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by Guk: 3:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Are we now saying OBJ is siding Atiku's camp? Is OBJ now willing for Atiku to take a shot at becoming President?
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by muredo(m): 3:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
I dont want to GEJ complain rara,bcs when everything dey rossy for two of una domain,nobody hear o,o tisele niyen,ko fi se osun
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by tayokem(m): 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
EasternLeopard: @NAIRALANDERS Pls answer this question IF OBJ PROPOSES THAT GEJ SHOULD STEP DOWN FOR A NORTHERNER, WHAT WILL BE THE FATE OF NIGERIA.?
Obj doesn't have the right to tyell the President not to contest in 2015. If he is in Gej's show will he accept itt?
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by tayokem(m): 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
P.Stacks:

You come here and call an Acheiver a Old Fool yet we have moderators on nairaland.

Sometimes when I know I'm on this forum with people like you, I feel like deleting my Nairaland account.

If anybody in your family reaches where Obasanjo has gotten then you'l not come here and talk trash.

Nairaland is becoming so cheap and Data from Mobile network Operators is even cheaper that's why you can Call Someone far better than your father a "Old fool"..

If Obj is an "Old Fool" I pray to be very Foolish like Obasanjo when I'm Old.
Obj is not behaving like an achiever at all. He's still looking for power through the back door. If he's not careful he's loose all his honours and respect . To me hhe's not a stateman att All
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by Emusan(m): 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
kinguwem: That is your own minority opinion. I doubt the relevance of OBJ in modern day politics. The situation in Ogun State refers. The best he did was to collect power from his masters. He wants to return power back to the caterpillars. He will not succeed.
Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo by ssii: 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
For those of you speaking against OBJ, you forget that OBJ is instrumental to getting the governors' support for GEJ in the 2011 primaries. It was OBJ who encouraged GEJ to contest even GEJ did'nt have the liver to declare his ambition. It would not be wrong to say that GEJ may not have been there without OBJ.
Be that as it may, you fail to see GEJ for what he is trying to be- a traitor and a betrayer. Why agree to a condition you know you will not keep. Why he is fighting and trying to crush those who supported him in the past because they insist he keeps his own part of the bargain? Why divide the nation along tribal and religious lines? Nigerians have never been this divided after the civil war. I pray this crises does not degenerate more than this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency: No Vacancy In 2019 -APC / 9th Assembly: How North Central Governors Forced APC To Renege On Gbajabilamila / Lai Mohammed Tackles Asari Dokubo Over Biafra: You’re A Joker Seeking Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.