Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. (12414 Views)

Dangote Listed Among World’s 50 Most Influential Persons / Buhari Ranked Among Famous U.S Army War College Alumni By US Ranking Site / World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by victorv12(m): 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by victorv12(m): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
I think Nigeria should go back to the old regional goverment. President Jonathan has messed up the entire system with his cronies he brought out of the concrete jungle of the south-south. Nigerians are more divided than ever!

It seems like the president really wants to divide the country after 2015 if he's not re-elected. Everybody is complaining in Nigeria that things are hard...It's terrible. I've never experienced any government like this in my life, even Abacha's government is far better off!

I wonder what his ministers are doing? They feed Nigerians with wrong informations that are confusing, by telling us the amount of the FDI's coming to the country is on the rise! Corruption has eaten into everything in our country.

Nigeria should get themselves prepared for the worst. I don't think this country can survive till 2015. We have thugs, touts and militants running the government for us. Nothing is working! The judicial system is dead, transportation is not in order, zero education, no welfare package and security at all. Nigeria is in a state of comatose!

What can we brag about as a country? Nothing apart from looting and oppressing. My advice to the young couples out there, "cut your coat according to your cloth." if you know your life is not in order, don't think about bringing in a child to this world to come and suffer. Our enviroment doesn't have any security for the unborn. Before anybody thinks they can have a child in Nigeria, they should better think twice and plan! There is nothing for any stray kid or baby to fall upon now! Look before you leap!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Gbawe2: 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Billyonaire: What will prompt a human being to wake up early on a Sunday morning and google bad news about his country and take it to a forum with the sole aim of insulting our President?

No infrastructures since 1960, yet GEJ supposed to fix everything in just 2yrs?

Nnah men, GEJ is working harder than any President I know. Allow him to stay focus.

sponsored terrorism called Boko Haram has been neutralized, now let him focus

And what would make you wake up everyday ready to deceive others about the glaring failures and deficiency of a leader that is letting down millions of your own fellow man? When he maintains a ten-plane PAF (presidential air fleet) and augments such by three planes and at a cost of almost $160 million what is your own motivation for speaking in favour of such callousness when much richer Nations than Nigerian have one plane or non to serve their President? What is behind your defence of the President of a very poor nation who profligately allocates more to the maintenance of his PAF than is allocated to equipping the Nigerian police force consisting of almost 0.5 million men and women? The security of the lives and property of his own citizen not even worth sacrificing for in GEJ's opinion?

How do you justify supporting a President who spends an amount on his ludicrously bloated air fleet that can, according to experts, provide adequate housing for millionss of ordinary Nigerians? It is not for nothing I mentioned that Nigeria cannot develop adequately without a drastic reduction in hideously high recurrent expenditure. I.e the sort your messiah typify with his large budget for food and all manner of personal excess. How can you defend a President who cannot lead by example to make any sacrifice, however miniscule, only to turn around and attempt to make your fellow Nigerians the bad guys for pointing this out?

The more you wicked souls try to divert attention to your fellow forumers, who tell no lies against the clueless, highly ineffective and hideously profligate leaders you clannishly worship , the more I will show real examples of the direct actions/inactions of your messiah failing Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2013
victorv12: I think Nigeria should go back to the old regional goverment. President Jonathan has messed up the entire system with his cronies he brought out of the concrete jungle of the south-south. Nigerians are more divided than ever!

It seems like the president really wants to divide the country after 2015 if he's not re-elected. Everybody is complaining in Nigeria that things are hard...It's terrible. I've never experienced any government like this in my life, even Abacha's government is far better off!

I wonder what his ministers are doing? They feed Nigerians with wrong informations that are confusing, by telling us the amount of the FDI's coming to the country is on the rise! Corruption has eaten into everything in our country.

Nigeria should get themselves prepared for the worst. I don't think this country can survive till 2015. We have thugs, touts and militants running the government for us. Nothing is working! The judicial system is dead, transportation is not in order, zero education, no welfare package and security at all. Nigeria is in a state of comatose!

What can we brag about as a country? Nothing apart from looting and oppressing. My advice to the young couples out there, "cut your coat according to your cloth." if you know your life is not in order, don't think about bringing in a child to this world to come and suffer. Our enviroment doesn't have any security for the unborn. Before anybody thinks they can have a child in Nigeria, they should better think twice! There is nothing for any stray kid or baby to fall upon now! Look before you leap!
Lamentations, lamentations, and lamentations!

While you'r on NL re-writing another book of lamentations, hardworking and creative Nigerians are making it big in Agriculture, entertainment, ICT, telecomms, etc industries. People are keying into govt programmes such as YOUWIN, agric reforms, power sector reforms, aviation,etc.

With the conclusion of PHCN privatisation, the next biggest industry is the power sector. People with foresight are already positioning themselves to be part of the explosion of opportunities waiting to happen in the power sector. The construction industry is experiencing a boom nationwide.

I guess you'r one of the medieval ignoramuses who are still waiting for govt jobs and handouts, like was done in the 60s. Well, my friend, times have changed. The jobs and opportunities are in the private sector. Grow up!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Gbawe2: 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
Since we are the "wicked one" who wake up daily "looking for bad news, what do fellow Nigerians make of the leader who can justify the nauseating profligacy below not even seen from leaders of nations far richer and less troubled than Nigeria with citizens enjoying a far higher per capita income than us? I think it is obvious those who are wicked and support wickedness.

http://www.nigeriannewsservice.com/nns-news-archive/headlines/budget-2011-presidency-to-spend-n18bn-on-fleet

Budget 2011: Presidency to spend N18bn on fleet

Following plans by the Presidency to spend N18 billion from this year’s budget on the maintenance of presidential planes in its fleet, financial and real estate experts have disclosed that the amount is only N1 billion higher than what could provide decent accommodation for the 17 million UN-Habitat estimated un-housed Nigerians.

Figures obtained by BusinessDay has shown that the allocation for the presidential fleet comes under the allocation to ‘Intelligence Community’ which got a total budget allocation of N105 billion, ranking it as one of the top ten allocations in the 2011 budget.

The amount of money the Presidency plans to spend on its presidential fleet of planes which carries it in comfort around the world is about N1 billion higher than the N16 billion with which government plans to confront the housing deficit of over 17 million Nigerians.

The N18 billion on the presidential fleet is also N7 billion higher than the N11 billion the government intends to spend equipping the country’s police force in 2011, and just about N2 billion less than it intends to spend on the nation’s aviation sector.

Financial analysts have also calculated that the N18 billion, if deployed to the epileptic power supply the country is currently grappling with, could provide 120 megawatts of electricity which is enough to light up Asaba, Delta State capital.

It will be recalled that in August 2010, the minister of Information at the time, Dora Akunyili had, at the end of a Federal Executive Council meeting, announced the acquisition of three additional presidential jets for the Nigerian presidential fleet at the cost of N23.1 billion.

The addition was to complement the eight existing aircraft that were already in the fleet.

Nigeria’s presidential fleet, which is one of the largest in the world, is made up of a Boeing Business Jet (BBJ) bought in 2006 by President Olusegun Obasanjo, a Gulfstream V, a Gulfstream IVSP, and two Falcon 900s.

It is not clear, though, if the N18 billion allocation to the Presidential fleet in 2011 is purely for maintenance, buying an additional airplane or for both; but a source in the Presidency last night told BusinessDay that there was no plan to buy new planes for the Presidency this year.

In the 2010 proposal, the Presidency had actually proposed the acquisition of four new aircraft for the presidential fleet and had made a budget provision of N23.4 billion in that budget for them.

Akunyili had said then that “the committee set up for the acquisition of the aircraft was able to get a reduction of the sum of $2.9 million from the proposed price of two Falcon 7X aircraft and a reduction of the sum of $5.4 million from the offer of the Gulfstream G550 aircraft.”

She had also explained that “the first Falcon aircraft being purchased will be delivered by the end of the fourth quarter of 2010 while the second Falcon and Gulfstream G550 will be delivered by the end of the second quarter 2011.”

BusinessDay investigations show that Nigeria is one of the few countries in the world with a dedicated presidential fleet. Most countries prefer to convert aircraft used by their national carriers for use by their Presidency crew whenever the President is going on international trips. At other times, such world leaders could use an aircraft managed by the country’s Air Force for local trips.

For example, international trips of the Chinese President are managed by the government-owned national carrier - Air China, while domestic travels are operated by the 34th division of the People’s Liberation Army Air Force.

For the British monarch and other members of the Royal Family, the Prime Minister and other ministers of the British Government, air transport is provided by either No. 32 (The Royal) Squadron of the Royal Air Force (RAF), chartered civilian aircraft or scheduled commercial flights - normally British Airways - for senior members of the royal family, and other commercial carriers for the Prime Minister and aides.

Aside Nigeria, the United States of America is another country that maintains a dedicated fleet of aircraft for its presidency.

With Nigeria’s Presidential fleet parading 11 different planes, BusinessDay analysis shows that the cumulative spend of N41 billion on the presidential fleet in two years would be enough to buy five Boeing 737-600 planes; large enough to start a national carrier for the nation. The average cost of a Boeing 737-600 is N8.5 billion (based on figures obtained from Boeing website). An analyst familiar with workings at airports told BusinessDay that “a national or flag carrier like Air Nigeria can be safely and profitably operated with five aircraft.”

The Federal Government sold Nigeria Airways - the nation’s national carrier - because it could not run it profitably.

The offices under ‘Intelligence Community’ which allocation of N105 billion ranks among the top ten allocations in the 2011 budget include: Office of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Directorate of State Security Service (SSS), the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), and the Presidential Air Fleet.

A breakdown of the allocations to the various units shows that the Office of the NSA plans to spend N37 billion in 2011; the SSS will spend N24 billion, while the NIA is planning to spend N26 billion.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
This element called Gbawe must be living a very boring and frustrated life. What is it with the guy and BAD news?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Freiburger(m): 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
I remembered when David Cameron took a public transport on a trip to the u.s. This is just lees than 2 years ago.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This element called Gbawe must be living a very boring and frustrated life. What is it with this guy and BAD news?
He is allergic to good news.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Gbawe2: 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This element called Gbawe must be living a very boring and frustrated life. What is it with this guy and BAD news?

Next, when you gain a response that is adequate for your uncouthness and intransigence, your 'blind' and myopic co-travellers will come here playing victim on your behalf. Sad bunch.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2013
lol.Its not a smal tin.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Gbawe2: 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
Dike Chimezie:
He is allergic to good news.

That is all you losers are. I.e clannishly small-minded cretins with tendency to pettily make discussions about your fellow forumers while ignoring factual issues laid out in black and white. Not surprised you have no comment about the hideous and worldwide 'one of a kind' profligacy of GEJ and his callously non-sacrificial mien.

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Xriss: 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
These outpouring of emotions and foaming at the mouth is unnecessary. Lets stay with the FACTS:

- whose constitutional responsibility is primary school education? It is that of state and local govts. Tell your masters in APC to improve the conditions of primary schools in their states. That will help improve our ranking next time.

- whose constitutional responsibility is it to build strong institutions, reduce corruption, improve infrastructures,etc? It is that of ALL tiers of govt. All tiers of govt have institutions under their care. All tiers of govt have certain category of infrastructures under their care. All tiers of govt should ensure that public servants under their watch are not corrupt.

So frustrated @Gbawe, stay with the facts.

Meanwhile, you didnt have to tell wicked lies. I know you ALWAYS read my posts. In fact, your day is incomplete without a good dose of my posts.

Yes, primary sch education is the responsibility of state and LGs but PDP controls most of the states and LGs so PDP not APC should improve the primary sch education......but we know the APC and LP have the best performing state governors.....and PDP have the worst.

PDP has refused to practice true federalism but concentrates power at the "centre" so they should be at the fore front at building strong institutions, providing infrastructure and reducing corruption.....

Stop passing the buck, GEJ and you expects states governors to see GEJ as their leader so he should lead by example and STOP PASSING THE BUCK

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Davidoff2000: 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
apache77: Gbawe, you are just a compound fool- say yes. You are the typical Nigerian- who just believes in copy and paste- no research, no knowledge of history of what they are discussing, nothing. They just jump into the fray in the middle giddy with excitement- and the remainder follow suit as well.

So, shut the ffuck up, you imbecille, you know nothing about competitiveness in Nigeria.Dimwitts and partisan arrsholes like you are the reason why many serious people don’t take this Nairaland serious. Many are always put of by the rants of faceless, half baked idiotts and pseudo-intellectuals like you. I always wish Nairaland matched faces with identities so we could see who was talking and what he has achieved against the backdrop of his comments so we can know better know the angle he is coming from then decide whether to dignify such a person with a reply or not.

Nigeria has dropped 5places from 115 to 120 in this years ranking so what? I guess your addled mind couldn’t have known that it was the same GEJ who took Nigeria from 132nd position in 2011 to the 115th position that you are getting worked up he just lost. So if he gained us 17places and if he has lost us 5places this year, what makes you think he cant gain us 10places next year.

And if it is such a big deal that you must burst a vein cos we lost 5places, did you force yourself to front page when he won us 17places 2years ago? You keep calling people frauds and dishonest people, but you are the most fraudulent person I have come across on this place with very malicious intentions. Why didn’t you celebrate the promotion from 132 to 115, yet you are shouting from the roof top cos of the 5place demotion?

I think the man, GEJ even just launched a competiveness Council to look into this very matter just last year or early this year to stem this slide and push the nation up. But these APC apologists wont hear non of this, always waiting in the wings to celebrate any percieved negative news about the country.

Common run off and go meet these your APC goons and paymasters your attempt this morning on nairaland to bad mouth the government and gain one or two converts ahead of 2015 didnt work. You think you can hoodwink Nigerians with your vitriol? Like someone told you, why are always foaming in the mouth? You seem so bitter, angry frustrated and I can almost say you sound as if you are mentally unhinged. You are frustrated with yourself I guess out of personal failures, bitter with the system for not including you and disenchanted with the polity for having no place for your APC pay masters.

Anger and bitterness will eat up and you will most likely die of frustration if hunger doesn’t kill you before 2019. Nigeria is not el dorado, we know, but GEJ is not the cause of our pathetic situation, he is only trying to remedy the bad situation, albeit with little progress- but atleast he is on the way . The next person that comes after him will also continue-be he PDP or APC- and that next person will come in 2019. Nation building is a continuous process of self improvement

Coming to to spew so much anger on Naiaraland will not sway no one come 2015 as is so obviously your wish. Those who will vote GEJ will vote him, those who will vote APC will vote APC. Sad thing is- those who will vote GEJ will be in the majority.
You can take that to the bank, idiott.

Harsh but true.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Gbawe2: 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
Davidoff2000:

Harsh but true.

The mindless rant of an angry, childish brat? Such will not stop me posting what I want however such upsets clannish and bigoted elements like you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Orikinla(m): 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan may not be perfect or a saint, but economically he is in fact doing his best in agriculture, labour and productivity.

As much as I am one of his critics, I must commend his administration, because there has been an increase of active textile mills from 25 active mills in 2009 to 32 mills in 2012. Our textile industry is one of the pillars of the Nigerian economy.

And even though I am one of his unapologetic critics, I am in fact one of the biggest beneficiaries of his $200m Entertainment fund to launch community cinemas in our Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project in all the 774 local government areas in Nigeria and that project attracted the foreign investment of the IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX; TSX: IMX) to build IMAX theaters in over 30 states in Nigeria.

Some of these foreign reports are often erroneous like the one that wrongly labeled Lagos as among the worst cities on earth which I dismissed and EIU quickly corrected and even called me on phone to admit the wrong report.

Therefore, I advise that we should not let these questionable economic reports by self appointed foreign experts mislead us to dismiss the significant economic developments in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by ak4God(m): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Shut up. Your breath stinks as bad as your unintelligently senseless, crassly dishonest and odiously sycophantic excuses. GEJ is a failure and you cannot pass the buck for his failings on to others. Had this been an improvement in Nigeria's ranking, it is you and your nauseatingly dishonest co-travellers who would make it all about GEJ while spamming the forum to death about how "fresh air is working".

I am really uncomfortable, even if it is only on a faceless forum, being citizens of the same nation with fraudsters like you. You are a disgrace. Do you know I do not even bother to read what you write? That is the level of disregard I have for any utterance you make because I believe you are only capable of mouthing dishonest drivel.

Pls Ignore Sincere9gerian(Segun Adeniyi)He is an hypocrite and jobless at the moment.He needs appointment from the Presidency.With people like him,this country can never move forward.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Rossikk(m): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
agbameta:

Dullard, we are talking about Nigeria, your own country so STFU and stay on topic. The fact that other countries have the same thing doesn't change anything about your own country not hitting it's full capacity and potential because of incompetence and institutional corruption.

Actually, peabrain, you MUST use other countries when measuring your own performance, as no nation is an island, and humans are all related. The HUMAN FACTOR plays a part in all development. Losses and waste are inevitable. Even the US spends trillions of dollars a year on arms. Is that not waste? It's corrupt as well. What is perfect or near perfect in your own life for you to be demanding perfection from others?? THAT'S THE QUESTION.

Dummy, is Tinubu a public official or talk less the president of Nigeria? The fact that you are even discussing a man who's been out of public office for almost a decade and not responsible for your life or anybody's life in Nigeria says a lot about your vacuous brain and corrupt mentality?

Spare us that crap. In or out of office the man controls a lot of ill-gotten funds which YOU, a corrupt hypocrite has never in your life questioned him for. Oriental Hotel in Lekki among other 'investments' by Tinubu. Do you care to know where he got his loot form? No. Why? Because he is Yoruba. Shame on you. Mr selective anti-corruption campaigner (spit).

Again you piece of shittttt, we are talking about your own country and the article up there remains about your own country so STFU and quit talking about other countries.

Donkey, were you not the one that 'brought in other countries' by claiming Jonathan leads the most corrupt administration ''in the history of mankind''? Is that not bringing in all the countries on earth? I then showed you that Nigeria is not even in the top 30 most corrupt on TI's index, then like an amala stuffed donkey you bleat ''don't bring in other countries''. I'll put it down to your low IQ and excess amala and gbegiri consumption blocking your brain.

Dullard, last time I checked, the oil belongs to the people of Nigeria. Oponu illiterate.. grin

Which people of Nigeria? You are not a Nigerian. You are Yoruba tribalist who only remembers he is a ''Nigerian'' when looking for free oil money to steal from other lands. I asked you when the SW was going to share their cocoa proceeds and quadruple them, to contribute to the national purse, and you ducked the question. Care to answer now? Long throat looking for free oil. THIEF.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 08, 2013
shocked

Rossikk:

Actually, peabrain, you MUST use other countries when measuring your own performance, as no nation is an island, and humans are all related. The HUMAN FACTOR plays a part in all development. Losses and waste are inevitable. Even the US spends trillions of dollars a year on arms. Is that not waste? It's corrupt as well. What is perfect or near perfect in your own life for you to be demanding perfection from others?? THAT'S THE QUESTION.

Spare us that crap. In or out of office the man controls a lot of ill-gotten funds which YOU, a corrupt hypocrite has never in your life questioned him for. Oriental Hotel in Lekki among other 'investments' by Tinubu. Do you care to know where he got his loot form? No. Why? Because he is Yoruba. Shame on you. Mr selective anti-corruption campaigner (spit).

Air head, were you not the one that 'brought in other countries' by claiming Jonathan leads the most corrupt administration ''in the history of mankind''? Is that not bringing in all the countries on earth? I then showed you that Nigeria is not even in the top 30 most corrupt on TI's index, then like an amala stuffed donkey you bleat ''don't bring in other countries''. I'll put it down to your low IQ and excess amala and gbegiri consumption blocking your brain.

Which people of Nigeria? You are not a Nigerian. You are Yoruba tribalist who only remembers he is a Nigerian when looking for free oil to steal from other lands. I asked you when the SW was going to share their cocoa proceeds and quadruple them, to contribute to the national purse, and you ducked the question. Care to answer now? Long throat looking for free oil. THIEF.

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe sanity needs to really be re-evaluated.

Global Competitive Index from the GCI World Economic Forum is here (Find link below for 2010 to 2011).

http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GlobalCompetitivenessReport_2010-11.pdf

Nigeria was at 127th position 2010-2011, and GEJ administration's measures move it 17 PLACES upwards to 115th.
(See data at http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GlobalCompetitivenessReport_2010-11.pdf)

Nigeria dropped just 5 places to 115th position to 120th among the 148 countries profiled which is basically due to SPONSORED TERRORISM and SERIAL FIGHTS & DISTRACTIONS by opposition forces that Gbawe is sympathetic and loyal to.

Gbawe, your hate for your President is making you senile, please get your head checked before it becomes too late.

Whose efforts moved the rating 17 places upwards, your father's effort ?

If the rating moved 17 places upwards and you did not give credit for that, yet you come here insulting the majority who voted the President because the rating dropped 5 places backwards ( cos of sponsored terror and oil and looting of funds exemplified by your God Tinubu using Oriental, Tribune, Nations Airlines etc as case study), then who do you give credit for the 12 places average that the President has scored.

Useless Boy!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Rossikk(m): 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2013
nnenna.1:
shocked

Read all the guy's posts and threads. All he cares about is the SW and his Yoruba people. He clearly hates Igbos, Ijaws etc, and can't stomach the fact an Ijaw man is president. But when he remembers their oil, he plays the fake 'one Nigeria' card like he thinks we're stupi.d.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Urine: 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2013
The truth is simple, development in this country is moving @ snail speed on the other hand GEJ as a ruler doesn't inspire much confidence. In 2001 his greatest assest was the love the people on the streets had for him, his story of "supernatural promotion" made everbody love him, If you remember most people added goodluck to their names, he was a darling of the masses.
In January 2012 all that changed because of the subsidy drama.

I have a simple challenge for GEJ's hardcore supporters here...sign out from your Nairaland account and start defending him in person, @ this point it has gone beyond hiding behind your computer screen. If you don't have an idea of where to start, try the local vendor in your neighbourhood, start telling people how he has transformed this country.
If the response you get, doesn't change your opinion it will be fair to say you're an enemy of this country.

Btw I don't care about where a leader comes from, our next President might be from Bayelsa too, I just want a fearless, intelligent and honest person to rule this country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
This is wat someone said
Sincere 9gerian: The reasons for the poor ranking of Nigeria, according to the report, are:

-weak institutions (ranked at 129th out of 148)
-engrained corruption, undue influence, weakly protected property rights, insecurity (ranked at 142nd),
-poor infrastructure (ranked at 135th)
-poor primary education (ranked at 146th)

Well, many of those criteria are either joint responsibility of all tiers of govt or responsibility of other tier of govt. For instance, primary education is not the responsibility of GEJ. It is the constitutional responsibility of state and local govt. So @Gbawe and other APC sycophants should tell their masters that the poor primary school education in their states is affecting the ranking of Nigeria.

The other criterias including weak institutions, corruption, poor infrastructures,etc is an indictment on all tiers of govt- state, federal and local govt. It shows that they ALL have to do MORE.
this was ur reply.
Gbawe.:

Shut up. Your breath stinks as bad as your unintelligently senseless, crassly dishonest and odiously sycophantic excuses. GEJ is a failure and you cannot pass the buck for his failings on to others. Had this been an improvement in Nigeria's ranking, it is you and your nauseatingly dishonest co-travellers who would make it all about GEJ while spamming the forum to death about how "fresh air is working".

I am really uncomfortable, even if it is only on a faceless forum, being citizens of the same nation with fraudsters like you. You are a disgrace. Do you know I do not even bother to read what you write? That is the level of disregard I have for any utterance you make because I believe you are only capable of mouthing dishonest drivel.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Rossikk(m): 2:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
Urine: The truth is simple, development in this country is moving @ snail speed on the other hand GEJ as a ruler doesn't inspire much confidence. In 2001 his greatest assest was the love the people on the streets had for him, his story of "supernatural promotion" made everbody love him, If you remember most people added goodluck to their names, he was a darling of the masses.
In January 2012 all that changed because of the subsidy drama.

I have a simple challenge for GEJ's hardcore supporters here...sign out from your Nairaland account and start defending him in person, @ this point it has gone beyond hiding behind your computer screen. If you don't have an idea of where to start, try the local vendor in your neighbourhood, start telling people how he has transformed this country.
If the response you get, doesn't change your opinion it will be fair to say you're an enemy of this country.

Btw I don't care about where a leader comes from, our next President might be from Bayelsa too, I just want a fearless, intelligent and honest person to rule this country.

ELECTIONS are what we use to choose our president. If you think you can do a better job, or you know someone who can, then present same in 2015. MANY NIGERIANS support Jonathan. That's why he is president. When 2015 comes, bring your candidate forward and Nigerians will choose. Don't come here asking people to sign off their NL accounts!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Urine: 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

ELECTIONS are what we use to choose our president. If you think you can do a better job, or you know someone who can, then present same in 2015. MANY NIGERIANS support Jonathan. That's why he is president. When 2015 comes, bring your candidate forward and Nigerians will choose. Don't come here asking people to sign off their NL accounts!

I'm so sorry Sir but I think you're blind, if you look closely you will notice I mentioned "next president". Next time read the words slowly, you will assimilate better.
Where you in this country in January 2012? That was when "MANY NIGERIANS" stopped supporting. My challenge still stands though, say what you have typed outside your house.

God bless you Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Gbawe2: 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
Billyonaire: Gbawe sanity needs to really be re-evaluated.

Global Competitive Index from the GCI World Economic Forum is here (Find link below for 2010 to 2011).

http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GlobalCompetitivenessReport_2010-11.pdf

Nigeria was at 127th position 2010-2011, and GEJ administration's measures move it 17 PLACES upwards to 115th.
(See data at http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GlobalCompetitivenessReport_2010-11.pdf)

Nigeria dropped just 5 places to 115th position to 120th among the 148 countries profiled which is basically due to SPONSORED TERRORISM and SERIAL FIGHTS & DISTRACTIONS by opposition forces that Gbawe is sympathetic and loyal to.

Gbawe, your hate for your President is making you senile, please get your head checked before it becomes too late.

Whose efforts moved the rating 17 places upwards, your father's effort ?

*Sigh*. So tedious. The usual talk of "hating" GEJ. Well, I must have hated OBJ and Yar Adua too since I criticised them far worse than this. Guy, you need a break. I have noticed, beyond a veneer for personalising issues and mischief-making, there is not much substance or refined thinking behind your utterances. Bear in mind I say that charitably.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

*Sigh*. So tedious. The usual talk of "hating" GEJ. Well, I must have hated OBJ and Yar Adua too since I criticised them far worse than this. Guy, you need a break. I have noticed, beyond a veneer for personalising issues and mischief-making, there is not much substance or refined thinking behind your utterances. Bear in mind I say that charitably.

I bursted your bubble Yes, I did. Let's discuss your lies. GEJ moved the rating 17 places upwards and it has fallen 5 places downward again due to opposition mayhem.

Who do you give credit for the 12 places average score ? Answer me!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by UyiIredia(m): 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
@ Gbawe: While I don't know much about goings-on here, nor what drives you to respond the way you and find you a well-meaning Nigerian I think you are too harsh as regards GEJ. I think ot wrong to say we are backward in all-respects, moreso since the private sector and state governments are doing their bit, you happen to be a staunch APC supporter and applaud projects they undertake. As for the topic, I disagree, I'll play the idealist here and see the good, much moreso in an arena of gross pessimism even by people who are part of the problem: I will not, as such, agree we have made no progress, at least, we have over a decade of democracy to our credit, no matter the sham involved.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by BankuTilapia: 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nigeria will always and forever be the joke of Africa grin
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by UyiIredia(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
@ apache: If Nigerians truly vote Jonathan in come 2015, I must consider them, once more, fools. I can understand the sympathy for his humble start, being happy with his CV and his good luck bit all that changed Jan 2012. If Nigerians forget that and still vote him, moreso given this ASUU strike and the carelessness with which it is handled, I must compare them to a wife who returns to an abusive husband, which they've been over the years. I hope I'm proven wrong.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Urine: 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ apache: If Nigerians truly vote Jonathan in come 2015, I must consider them, once more, fools. I can understand the sympathy for his humble start, being happy with his CV and his good luck bit all that changed Jan 2012. If Nigerians forget that and still vote him, moreso given this ASUU strike and the carelessness with which it is handled, I must compare them to a wife who returns to an abusive husband, which they've been over the years. I hope I'm proven wrong.

God bless you.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by ballabriggs: 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
These noise about growth is simply to cover up inadequacies. Countries grow, what is the big deal, what are the implications of such growth? These are the things we are concerned with as development people. As the chart from UNCTADSTAT below shows, Iraq (in blue) grew at 8.5% in 2012 while Sierra Leone (purple) on the other hand grew at 22%. What does this mean?

Also as you can see the other chart on growth in Nigeria, the economy has witnessed far better growth in the past. In 1990 the growth rate was put at 12% a double digit growth rate, while 2002 was put at 21.35%. What is the implication of this growth?

These are the same issues with FDI, you may attract $8 billion of FDI while another country attracts only $5 billion. That does not mean you are benefiting more from such FDI. For example efficiency seeking FDI's in the case of China have been shown to have far more beneficial impacts than resource seeking FDI.

The point the World Economic Forum raises through that report is, that some countries are more competitive than others. You can cry till tomorrow, however, the signs are all over the country. You cannot say you want to develop when innovation, health, education, research is close to dead. These are the things. All these nonsense of, "we will get there" only exists in the minds of fools. Development is a conscious process, no nation gets there by chance. You have to sit, develop unique strategies, plans and policies to move from that level of uncompetitiveness to competitiveness.

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by moskke(m): 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ apache: If Nigerians truly vote Jonathan in come 2015, I must consider them, once more, fools. I can understand the sympathy for his humble start, being happy with his CV and his good luck bit all that changed Jan 2012. If Nigerians forget that and still vote him, moreso given this ASUU strike and the carelessness with which it is handled, I must compare them to a wife who returns to an abusive husband, which they've been over the years. I hope I'm proven wrong.
.u talk like a premature humanbeing wen obj increase fuel price 7tyms nobody talkd o,nw jst once dat gej did u speakin jagonz,u are nt d mouthpiece of nigeria,speak for urself.u wud be xo suprised in 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Killings: Gowon Wants Buhari To Deal With Culprits / Umahi Advises Ohanaeze To Stay Away From Partisan Politics / Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.