Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. (12415 Views)

Dangote Listed Among World’s 50 Most Influential Persons / Buhari Ranked Among Famous U.S Army War College Alumni By US Ranking Site / World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by lastmessenger: 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
lertee: We argue everyday on nigeria and how backward she is,what solution have we or can we profer? What is the way forward? If our leaders are bad,are the followers not worse?
thank you my brother.most people talk as if they have a magic wand to turn the country around for good.let them not forget that the military caused the problems we are facing today.they destroyed things for us and remember that it is easier to destroy than to build
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Gbawe2: 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ Gbawe: While I don't know much about goings-on here, nor what drives you to respond the way you and find you a well-meaning Nigerian I think you are too harsh as regards GEJ. I think ot wrong to say we are backward in all-respects, moreso since the private sector and state governments are doing their bit, you happen to be a staunch APC supporter and applaud projects they undertake. As for the topic, I disagree, I'll play the idealist here and see the good, much moreso in an arena of gross pessimism even by people who are part of the problem: I will not, as such, agree we have made no progress, at least, we have over a decade of democracy to our credit, no matter the sham involved.

It may appear so to you but the golden rules by which leaders are judged worldwide is their readiness to accept and implement solutions that deliver results however difficult doing such is.

As one example, when Ribadu says "Mr.President you must stop Nigeria selling her crude through traders to reduce theft and corruption against the Nation" then one expects GEJ to act accordingly. Instead all we saw, to the disgrace of Nigerian, was efforts to ridicule Ribadu !!! Till today, almost a year after that recommendation, nothing has changed and Nigeria would have lost a lot because we have a Presidents who , if we shun sentiments, is guilty of actions and inactions that worsen our major problems.

We have seen his decision to hand out pipeline protection contracts culminate in the worst level of oil theft seen for a long time. I think you can accept that corruption and impunity is now hideous. Given the global economic condition and even the advantages the report indicate we have, minimal proactive effort would have guaranteed that we made gains as a Country more competitively welcoming to business and investment. These are the sort of truth we must face as adults regardless of how we may be inclined to feel sorry for Jonathan. He is not very good at his job and accepting that is an inevitable situation stakeholders (whether employers or citizens) confront in life everyday with pragmatism and without undue emotions.

To be honest, I could easily give several examples of the actions/inactions of GEJ that perpetuates or directly worsened some of the most serious problems which Nigeria cannot develop without tackling. Is it that I am too harsh on GEJ or is it that the sentimental nature of Nigerians means, for numerous reasons, many remain disinterested in noting that this man is failing?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by awodman: 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Orikinla: President Goodluck Jonathan may not be perfect or a saint, but economically he is in fact doing his best in agriculture, labour and productivity.

As much as I am one of his critics, I must commend his administration, because there has been an increase of active textile mills from 25 active mills in 2009 to 32 mills in 2012. Our textile industry is one of the pillars of the Nigerian economy.

And even though I am one of his unapologetic critics, I am in fact one of the biggest beneficiaries of his $200m Entertainment fund to launch community cinemas in our Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project in all the 774 local government areas in Nigeria and that project attracted the foreign investment of the IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX; TSX: IMX) to build IMAX theaters in over 30 states in Nigeria.

Some of these foreign reports are often erroneous like the one that wrongly labeled Lagos as among the worst cities on earth which I dismissed and EIU quickly corrected and even called me on phone to admit the wrong report.

Therefore, I advise that we should not let these questionable economic reports by self appointed foreign experts mislead us to dismiss the significant economic developments in Nigeria.

Please bro can you throw more light on this cinema project and how xactly you benefited..I will also appreciate if I can get a link to educate myself..thanks for your warm response...
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by ballabriggs: 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Bottom line is that we have not had leadership at the centre, since 1999, to deliver anything else. Recreating Nigeria in a new and more efficient image is not exactly difficult if we have a genuine reformer at the centre cognisant of what is required to move Nigeria in a direction where we ourselves create majority of the activities that will make us rich, aggressively grow the middle-class and put us in optimal control of processes that can shape our destiny for the better.

As one example, declaring a state of emergency on aggressive growth/development of the SME sector could be an economic goldmine for Nigeria literally vis-a-vis job creation, significant income boost for government,Infrastructural development, national productivity/higher skill level, increased innovation and creativity, greater manufacturing and production of finished goods, technology exchange, etc, etc !!! Yet what has been Government effort in this regard since 1999?

Ditto agriculture. Ditto commercial mining, refinement and sale of our mineral endowment. Ditto quality education which is required to keep Nigeria competitive, innovative and leading. This stagnation, secured by leadership indolence, permeates all sectors which must come together optimally to produce a Nation firing on all cylinders and according to her potentials/endowments.

There are a million fundamental problems of wrong national structure not being addressed that are having a damaging multiplier effect on how competitive and effective Nigeria can be. Our recurrent expenditure hovers around 70% yet this figure is in single digit for most developed nation while the economic golden rule remains that developing nations, such as Nigeria, are even under greater pressure to spend on capital projects if they wish to develop !!!!

Analyst worldwide continue to tell us we will continue to impede ourselves, thus be perpetually prone to underdevelopment, entertaining such an unfeasibly high level of recurrent expenditure. Yet nothing has changed in this regard under the PDP since 1999.

My brother, the problem is that Nigeria hosts a lot of feudal minds and not enough analytical thinkers. Otherwise it would be very easy for majority of us to see precisely how leadership is failing us to the extent even the growth being made today is largely incidental and too suboptimal to confuse any intelligent person into thinking that Government is working or doing anything good, forward thinking or progressive. The ultimate reflections of poor quality education, one of our major headaches, is demonstrated on this thread with how so-called educated folks proffer junk excuses for the failings of a Government that shows a hideous inability to take obvious steps that can have significant effects in moving Nigeria forward to change how and why we do things. See the article below.

Thank you. Imagine a country of over 100 million people cannot construct its critical infrastructure with home grown talents. It has to import third rate engineers from China and India to fix it's railway, to fix it's highway, to fix it's refineries, to construct even Aso Rock villa. Do you need any report to tell you how uncompetitive that country is?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by mamagee3(f): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
I don't live in Nigeria and even I think Nigeria is getting worse under the leadership of Goodluck Jonathan. . .

Ever since he came into office, poverty rates has increased tremendously even an average earning famiy are still considered poor.

Nigerians should come together to oust this incompetent excuse of a leader before mayhem visits Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Ayekotoo(m): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

That is all you losers are. I.e clannishly small-minded cretins with tendency to pettily make discussions about your fellow forumers while ignoring factual issues laid out in black and white. Not surprised you have no comment about the hideous and worldwide 'one of a kind' profligacy of GEJ and his callously non-sacrificial mien.

I love this brainy quote. keep it up. majority of nigerians are pretenders.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Gbawe2: 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
lastmessenger:
thank you my brother.most people talk as if they have a magic wand to turn the country around for good.let them not forget that the military caused the problems we are facing today.they destroyed things for us and remember that it is easier to destroy than to build

We cannot blame the military for ever. This is precisely the dream scenario current administrators wants because it takes attention away from their own poor/nil efforts.

We are not asking for magic. Yet, what is wrong with holding our current leaders responsible for what we know is 100% in their power to do and achieve?

I have just shown an article where GEJ felt it appropriate to budget N18 billion for the maintenance of his fleet of 10 planes. Let us not forget he had spent almost $160 million to buy three jets to add to the fleet of 7 fully-functional planes to augment the PAF to 10. The N18 billion maintenance budget for the PAF is N7 billion more than was budgeted for equipping close to 0.5 million men and women of the Nigerian Police Force.

What stops a conscientious President saying "I will sell 8 planes from my fleet of 10 to leave 2 so that I can personally contribute an extra N12 billion to equipping our police men and women"?

Do we not see other leaders doing same worldwide? I.e cutting cost? Why is it us Nigerians who speak in defence of such greed, callousness and rigidly uncaring actions from leaders that we are the real victims of?

Why , when we see what obtains worldwide and what the peers of our leaders are doing, can we not insists our leaders must do the same? Why must we the victims be the 'excuse makers' for their abysmally poor efforts and the way, in comparision to their peers worldwide, they take us for granted horribly ?

If the President of Malawi can sacrifice the only Jet she has for her people, why can our President not sacrifice 8 and be left with 2? Why can Jonathan not be the one to lead Nigeria by example? There are a million things GEJ can do to tackle the serious problems I agree he did not create. The reason we do not see him delivering the same set of serially documented solutions, proffered repeatedly by many analysts over decades, is that GEJ is not a solution provider. He was not brought in for that and his ability is not suited to that. The consequence is that we continue to see actions and inactions that perpetuate and worsen the greatest problems facing Nigeria.

http://www.zimeye.org/?p=89358

Malawi: Joyce Banda Sells Mutharika’s Presidential Jet To Feed Starving Masses
By A Correspondent

Published: September 7, 2013

Lilongwe: Malawi’s President Joyce Banda has auctioned the presidential jet bought and used by the late president Bingu wa Mutharika, in order to feed the starving masses facing severe food shortages.

The late President Bingu Wa Mutharika bought the jet in 2009 for $22 million and which also sucked an annual bill for maintenance and insurance of $300,000. When she came to power following the death of Bingu, Joyce Banda announced that she would dispose of the 14 passenger presidential jet and a fleet of luxury mercedes benz cars. Banda declared that she would use commercial airliners for her travels as she was used to hitch-hiking.

Bingu's Jet

Joyce Banda’s government auctioned the presidential aircraft for $15 million to a Virgin Islands company, Bohnox Enterprise Ltd in a deal that was announced in May.

A spokesman in the Ministry of Finance said the government had decided to use all proceeds from the sale to purchase maize as 10 percent of the country’s population are facing severe food shortage.

“It was a collective government decision that the money realised from the sale of the jet will be used to purchase maize locally and some for legume production,” said Nations Msowoya, a spokesman for the Ministry of Finance.

Malawi’s first woman president has been on a cost-cutting drive to reduce unnecessary financial costs in government and to improve transparency. She has furthermore called for an urgent review and enactment of a bill that makes it mandatory for public officials including the president to disclose their wealth.

Meanwhile a recent report by United Nations’ WFP program estimated that millions of Southern Africans ( in particular Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Namibia)will go hungry in the next few months. A separate report by the same agency states that 2.2 million Zimbabweans will go hungry within the next 4 months.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by agbameta: 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Rossikk:

Actually, peabrain, you MUST use other countries when measuring your own performance, as no nation is an island, and humans are all related. The HUMAN FACTOR plays a part in all development. Losses and waste are inevitable. Even the US spends trillions of dollars a year on arms. Is that not waste? It's corrupt as well. What is perfect or near perfect in your own life for you to be demanding perfection from others?? THAT'S THE QUESTION.

1. You can not compare other countries with your own because our challenges are not the same, our leadership qualities are not the same, our institutions are not the same and we don't operate on the same level.

2. Other countries don't give their law enforcement duties to terrorists and killers and they don't enrich murderes with National assets and contracts.

3. Preasidents of other countries don't soround their halls of power with crooks, convicts and criminals.

4. Comon sense, prudence and basic sense of responsibilty should tell you that you can not solve your own problems by pointing fingers at other people or referencing their own shortcomings and even after focusing so much on other people, what time do you have left to face your own problems?

5. What the US spends on weapons is their business and the business of the people of the United states of America, not to the people of Nigeria because they don't spend our money on weapons.

6 What the US spends on weapons is not responsible for oil subsidy fraud in Nigeria, it's not responsible for pension fraud in Nigeria, it's not responsible for hundreds of billions in Niger Delta Development Commission fraud and the director spending N1 billion on babalawo or juju man, it's not responsible for incompetent and corrupt crime fighting agencies like efcc and the worthless cash and carry Nigeria police.

Only foolish, thoughtless and mentally lazy people like you make dumb and idiotic excuses about with other countries and entities to wash away their problems.

I know you are mentally twisted, chronically stupid and unintellegent, but must you show the world how worthless and daft you are as a human being?

In or out of office the man controls a lot of ill-gotten funds which YOU, a corrupt hypocrite has never in your life questioned him for. Oriental Hotel in Lekki among other 'investments' by Tinubu. Do you care to know where he got his loot form? No. Why? Because he is Yoruba. Shame on you. Mr selective anti-corruption campaigner (spit)

Another dumb and illiterate rant.

1. Assuming Tinubu is everything you spewed, who controls all the tax payers funded institutions we put in place to go after people like him and lock them up?

You see how this is another indictement on your worthless president and the state institutions he controls? Again, you are chronically stupid and unintellegent.

2. To tribal bigots like you, Tinubu is the answer to all your problems and worries when in fact>>>

He has not control over your federal budgets

He has no control over your corrupt and incompetent federal institutions

He's not responsible for your sorry education system.

He's not responsible for the on going ASSU strike that your dullard president can not tackle because he's too busy and engaged in political war games with his own shadow

He's not responssible for susidy fraud and all the frauds under GEJ that's crippling th country.

He didn't pardon convicts and he didn't reward terrorists with government contracts

He did not take away dedicated duties away from government institutions in favor of terrorists and killers

What happened the last time your dullard president put Tinubu on tril with cooked up charges?

Who won and who lost? Answer this wuestion and cry for yourself...

The bucks stops with who and who is the president of Nigeria? Tinubu or Jonathan

Would you like me to stop or keep going on?

Which people of Nigeria? You are not a Nigerian. You are Yoruba tribalist who only remembers he is a ''Nigerian'' when looking for free oil money to steal from other lands. I asked you when the SW was going to share their cocoa proceeds and quadruple them, to contribute to the national purse, and you ducked the question. Care to answer now? Long throat looking for free oil. THIEF.)

Just the ranting of a gutter illiterate with lousy sense civic education.

1. The most basic knowledge about your own country should tell you that Nigeria's oil is not limited to just one region and the last time I checked, Ondo state is a mjor oil producing state in Nigeria.

2. The rest of the country including ND was eating off the same proceeds from Cocoa way way before oil was discovered. Again, keep up with your civic education

3. Cocoa was Nigeria's major export before Oil and COCOA remains Nigeria's second major non oil export today.

Again, you are chronically stupid and unintellegent....

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
agbameta:

Again, you are chronically stupid and unintellegent....

You curse someone, yet you can't spell simple words. Jesus, who created these people!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by agbameta: 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
Billyonaire:

You curse someone, yet you can't spell simple words. Jesus, who created these people!

Must every goat and dullard seek my attention? Kindly get lost ASAP.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2013
plaindealer:

Ok, let'a accomodate your flawed reasoning for a second.

Yes, corruption is everywhere in Nigeria including state and local government level, but we do have crimne fighting institutions like the Nigerian police, efcc and other institutions in place to arrest these problems and th last time I checked, these are all federal agencies directly under GEJ.

So, cut and dice as much as you want, the burded still rests with GEJ, even in the article, they said nothing about Nigerian states and local governments, it says Nigeria and who is president of Nigeria?

The president is sorounded by crooks, indicted fraedstars and ex convicts, he gives, pardons, aid and comforts to criminals and convicts, his AG and main law officer is a crook, his spokesman is a crook and self-admitted fraudstar, he welcomes and fraternize with thugs and unrully elements....the list goes on and on..

Whatn government budgets billions for terrorists and I'm talking about even more money for terorist than for healthcare of it's citizens.

GEJ is a clear representation of the bad and corrupt Nigerian institutions...

If Lagos State govt can prosecute Al Mustapha, then can also prosecute corrupt officials within their jurisdiction. Stop making excuses for failure of state govts in the fight against corruption. Corruption MUST be fought at ALL levels- federal, state and local govt. All hands must be on deck
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Corruption MUST be fought at ALL levels- federal, state and local govt. All hands must be on deck

When they are convicted, GEJ will pardon them! Or politically rehabilitate them! GEJ is too corrupt to contemplate waging an uncompromising war against corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by plaindealer: 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
If Lagos State govt can prosecute Al Mustapha, then can also prosecute corrupt officials within their jurisdiction. Stop making excuses for failure of state govts in the fight against corruption. Corruption MUST be fought at ALL levels- federal, state and local govt. All hands must be on deck

Unfortunately, you are just like a pest to me so no need to take you seriously..
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
agbameta:

1. The most basic knowledge about your own country should tell you that Nigeria's oil is not limited to just one region and the last time I checked, Ondo state is a mjor oil producing state in Nigeria.

2. The rest of the country including ND was eating off the same proceeds from Cocoa way way before oil was discovered. Again, keep up with your civic education

3. Cocoa was Nigeria's major export before Oil and COCOA remains Nigeria's second major non oil export today.

The oil in Ondo and Niger Delta does not arise as a result of sweat of people in the region.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by agbameta: 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
Prof Corruption:

When they are convicted, GEJ will pardon them! Or politically rehabilitate them! GEJ is too corrupt to contemplate waging an uncompromising war against corruption.

The Nigerian president is quite touchy about this constitutional matter of assets declaration and has shown from his actions that if he had his way at all, that requirement would be expunged from our statute books. If Jonathan had to do his assets declaration secretly, then, he would not do it at all if he had his way. From an earlier media interview, he barely concealed his anger at his predecessor, President Umaru Yar'Adua, for making his own assets declaration public, thus forcing him as vice president to follow suit. Below is what the president said verbatim (unedited) during the media chat:

The issue of public asset declaration is a matter of personal principle. That is the way I see it, and I don't give a damn about it, even if you criticise me from heaven.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201210010063.html

Obviously, this corrupt despot with his own lack of transparency can not and is not in any credible position to fight corruption, he himself is way too corrupt to lift a finger hence the EFCC playing Nigerias like football..
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by agbameta: 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
Prof Corruption:

The oil in Ondo and Niger Delta does not arise as a result of sweat of people in the region.

Meaning?
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
agbameta:

Meaning?

Unlike Cocoa and groundnut pyramids where people actually planned, labored to cultivate such plantation and then qualified to be described as the initiative and drive of the people, the Niger Delta people did not do anything to have the oil at their backyard. It's purely as a result of accident of location.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by YomiWilliams(m): 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
"Nigerians deserved more than these rubish we are hearing and seeing". Why on earth was Ȋ̝̊̅§ it made possible for our fatherland Τ̅☺ be this worsened by this so called Government with their loudable disjointed and ludicrous manifestos?Fact must be told that Nigerian has been made stagnated and retrogresive by this our present government and this will give our everly understandable few R̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̥̅̊g̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊τ̣̣̥...к̣̣̥ minded Nigerians that we can not continue I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this way and direction.Our government unintelligently and senseless used public offices and our finances to their advantages, they gave meaningless and unsignificant escuses for their actions and we can all Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ where this as landed us
.At least,"if we cannot maximise our profit or gain we should be able Τ̅☺ make an even point the stand of economists". We are tired of persitent dishonest and odious sycophantic excuses that made us Τ̅☺ be critcised I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the comity of nations. GEJ is a failure and we can all Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ this, regardless of all these factors that made Nigeria Τ̅☺ be ranked among the poorest nations of the world despite our natural and human resources available.
I am really uncomfortable, even if it is only on a faceless forum.Nigerian present dispensation Ȋ̝̊̅§ a disgrace and lack markable glearing achievement and progression and what a dsaster we all I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊! This Ȋ̝̊̅§ a pity and we should all find ways Τ̅☺ rebook and reprove thir so call ways of moving Nigerians the promiseland.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by muktarl: 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
nigeria is not a country. i cant wait for my arewa republic. where there is no armrobbery, kidnappers, prost1itutes, molesters, gay marriage etc.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by agbameta: 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Unlike Cocoa and groundnut pyramids where people actually planned, labored to cultivate such plantation and then qualified to be described as the initiative and drive of the people, the Niger Delta people did not do anything to have the oil at their backyard. It's purely as a result of accident of location.

Well said.

The fact is, we saw what was done with Cocoa proceeds in the West in less than 10 years and before oil, we are yet to see the same level of development and commitment in the oil regions with decades of oil production, huge budgets and derivations.

Having oil and collecting huge sums off oil proceeds amounts to little or nothing if you don't have skilled, dedicated and credible folks with good sense of duty and porpose.

Just look at the Nigerian landscape today, the only places in Nigeria progressing and commanding investments are non oil producing states.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
agbameta:
Having oil and collecting huge sums off oil proceeds amounts to little or nothing if you don't have skilled, dedicated and credible folks with good sense of duty and purpose.

Just look at the Nigerian landscape today, the only places in Nigeria progressing and commanding investments are non oil producing states.

Correct! It's not about oil which is free gift anyway, it's about what they have been able to achieve with it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
apache77: Gbawe, you are just a compound fool- say yes. You are the typical Nigerian- who just believes in copy and paste- no research, no knowledge of history of what they are discussing, nothing. They just jump into the fray in the middle giddy with excitement- and the remainder follow suit as well.

So, shut the ffuck up, you imbecille, you know nothing about competitiveness in Nigeria.Dimwitts and partisan arrsholes like you are the reason why many serious people don’t take this Nairaland serious. Many are always put of by the rants of faceless, half baked idiotts and pseudo-intellectuals like you. I always wish Nairaland matched faces with identities so we could see who was talking and what he has achieved against the backdrop of his comments so we can know better know the angle he is coming from then decide whether to dignify such a person with a reply or not.

Nigeria has dropped 5places from 115 to 120 in this years ranking so what? I guess your addled mind couldn’t have known that it was the same GEJ who took Nigeria from 132nd position in 2011 to the 115th position that you are getting worked up he just lost. So if he gained us 17places and if he has lost us 5places this year, what makes you think he cant gain us 10places next year.

And if it is such a big deal that you must burst a vein cos we lost 5places, did you force yourself to front page when he won us 17places 2years ago? You keep calling people frauds and dishonest people, but you are the most fraudulent person I have come across on this place with very malicious intentions. Why didn’t you celebrate the promotion from 132 to 115, yet you are shouting from the roof top cos of the 5place demotion?

I think the man, GEJ even just launched a competiveness Council to look into this very matter just last year or early this year to stem this slide and push the nation up. But these APC apologists wont hear non of this, always waiting in the wings to celebrate any percieved negative news about the country.

Common run off and go meet these your APC goons and paymasters your attempt this morning on nairaland to bad mouth the government and gain one or two converts ahead of 2015 didnt work. You think you can hoodwink Nigerians with your vitriol? Like someone told you, why are always foaming in the mouth? You seem so bitter, angry frustrated and I can almost say you sound as if you are mentally unhinged. You are frustrated with yourself I guess out of personal failures, bitter with the system for not including you and disenchanted with the polity for having no place for your APC pay masters.

Anger and bitterness will eat up and you will most likely die of frustration if hunger doesn’t kill you before 2019. Nigeria is not el dorado, we know, but GEJ is not the cause of our pathetic situation, he is only trying to remedy the bad situation, albeit with little progress- but atleast he is on the way . The next person that comes after him will also continue-be he PDP or APC- and that next person will come in 2019. Nation building is a continuous process of self improvement

Coming to to spew so much anger on Naiaraland will not sway no one come 2015 as is so obviously your wish. Those who will vote GEJ will vote him, those who will vote APC will vote APC. Sad thing is- those who will vote GEJ will be in the majority.
You can take that to the bank, idiott.

God bless you. For the first time, I'm giving someone on this forum 1,000,000 likes
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by favouryemmy: 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Thank you. You hit the nail on the head. I was one of those that stated continuously, before the 2011 election, that Nigeria must reject GEJ because we were at a critical stage where serious and thorough reforms were needed everywhere else Nigeria risked facing economic collapse if it embraced another clueless and gradualist looter. Lo and behold, Nigerians voted for the worst option possible because many were too busy following their sentiments and instincts of discriminatory bias.

It was obvious, given his past record and direct associations before the 2011 election, that GEJ is another accidental and undeserving leader promoted far above his station and only "focused on personal growth" as you opined. I am not surprised at the appalling failures being publicised daily about Nigeria. Indeed I made it clear we can expect this if GEJ became President. Shame that more Nigerians than is healthy are too biased and sentimental to see what matters. We may continue to cut our noses to spite our faces thanks to those who lack political sophistication and simplistically see everything along sectional and ethno-religious lines.

Point of correction: Nigerians did not vote Jonathan, he rigged his way to office. Lest I forget, did anyone notice Nigeria's ranking in education; 146th out of 148. Don't be too amazed, we all know this has to change now. No wonder ASUU is on strike.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by UyiIredia(m): 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2013
moskke: .u talk like a premature humanbeing wen obj increase fuel price 7tyms nobody talkd o,nw jst once dat gej did u speakin jagonz,u are nt d mouthpiece of nigeria,speak for urself.u wud be xo suprised in 2015

Happy birthday bros.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Michyeddy(f): 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Shut up. Your breath stinks as bad as your unintelligently senseless, crassly dishonest and odiously sycophantic excuses. GEJ is a failure and you cannot pass the buck for his failings on to others. Had this been an improvement in Nigeria's ranking, it is you and your nauseatingly dishonest co-travellers who would make it all about GEJ while spamming the forum to death about how "fresh air is working".

I am really uncomfortable, even if it is only on a faceless forum, being citizens of the same nation with fraudsters like you. You are a disgrace. Do you know I do not even bother to read what you write? That is the level of disregard I have for any utterance you make because I believe you are only capable of mouthing dishonest drivel.
you have kept this annoyance and anger for long.... cheesy i feel ur pain bruh...easy easy easy(take a deep breath)..all hope is not lost

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Michyeddy(f): 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

Shut up. Your breath stinks as bad as your unintelligently senseless, crassly dishonest and odiously sycophantic excuses. GEJ is a failure and you cannot pass the buck for his failings on to others. Had this been an improvement in Nigeria's ranking, it is you and your nauseatingly dishonest co-travellers who would make it all about GEJ while spamming the forum to death about how "fresh air is working".

I am really uncomfortable, even if it is only on a faceless forum, being citizens of the same nation with fraudsters like you. You are a disgrace. Do you know I do not even bother to read what you write?.
you have kept this annoyance and anger for long.... cheesy i feel ur pain bruh...easy easy easy(take a deep breath)..all hope is not lost
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Gbawe2: 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
Michyeddy: you have kept this annoyance and anger for long.... cheesy i feel ur pain bruh...easy easy easy(take a deep breath)..all hope is not lost

My guy, that language is only reserved for uncouth Insincer9gerian and his 'co-travellers. No one else.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by ideyvexnow: 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:
Another negatively damning indictment showing, for all morally upright Nigerians, that GEJ is an unmitigated failure who is worsening our biggest problems. Far from being "transformation", this President has turned out to be a champion of retrogression and stagnation.

Nigeria is moving backwards in every aspect under this woeful accidental leader. That Nigerians put up with this abjectly incompetent President, when proof of his "kindergaten" incompetence come in overwhelmingly thick and fast every day, is the biggest disgrace of all. That, above everything else, is what reveals we are a disunited joke of a nation unable to call a spade a spade.

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/sep/6/313.html

lol
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
[quote authorMaxymilliano]

Nigeria is not moving backwards in all aspect, except you are the one moving backward. The index only confirm the statement credited to Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala,  Nigeria’s Minister of Finance recently that the country’s economy is“strong but with vulnerabilities” ... [/quote] Dont mind that guy, they only see other ppls fualt without admitting theirs. If he did arithmetic, he should no that D difference btween 115 and 120 is almost irrelevant. If u really check pre GEJ, if that ranking was there, D figure should be in that range, and if it was nt, then we knw that D body needs help, becus, u can never tell any different btw 2 good sucessive political transition and lets say D present which seems better off. Why ranting whn D country at 115 is in D innermost chamber of failure? And it had all those criterias used to rank, their wont be so huge corruption in this political tenure were things are gradually changing to have crumbled it to 115th under 3yrs. Simply, d rot is long inside D system.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by hugafella(m): 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gbawe.:

It may appear so to you but the golden rules by which leaders are judged worldwide is their readiness to accept and implement solutions that deliver results however difficult doing such is.

As one example, when Ribadu says "Mr.President you must stop Nigeria selling her crude through traders to reduce theft and corruption against the Nation" then one expects GEJ to act accordingly. Instead all we saw, to the disgrace of Nigerian, was efforts to ridicule Ribadu !!! Till today, almost a year after that recommendation, nothing has changed and Nigeria would have lost a lot because we have a Presidents who , if we shun sentiments, is guilty of actions and inactions that worsen our major problems.

We have seen his decision to hand out pipeline protection contracts culminate in the worst level of oil theft seen for a long time. I think you can accept that corruption and impunity is now hideous. Given the global economic condition and even the advantages the report indicate we have, minimal proactive effort would have guaranteed that we made gains as a Country more competitively welcoming to business and investment. These are the sort of truth we must face as adults regardless of how we may be inclined to feel sorry for Jonathan. He is not very good at his job and accepting that is an inevitable situation stakeholders (whether employers or citizens) confront in life everyday with pragmatism and without undue emotions.

To be honest, I could easily give several examples of the actions/inactions of GEJ that perpetuates or directly worsened some of the most serious problems which Nigeria cannot develop without tackling. Is it that I am too harsh on GEJ or is it that the sentimental nature of Nigerians means, for numerous reasons, many remain disinterested in noting that this man is failing?

All of you accusing GEJ for Nigeria's problems are either very daft, blinded by hatred, not in touch with reality, or simply unteachable. There is something known as a "system" my numb skull friends, there is also something known as "institutions". These two help a country run efficiently. Unfortunately Nigeria has none of them. Well, at best, both in very bad shape.

It is systems and institutions that are to blame and not GEJ, because Nigeria has managed to lose both along the line, AND DEFINITELY NOT SINCE 2011. If you blame GEJ, then also blame your dad, mum, uncles that give bribes for your admission, lecturers that collect cash for grades, the politicians that put GEJ there to maintain their grip on power, also the army and the police. Blame the past presidents that could not set up a proper identity system for Nigerians to easily fish out Terrorists in the north.

Also blame GEJ for the low literacy rate and cut-off marks in the north. Blame GEJ for plane crashes, yahoo boys and even fuel subsidy scam. Even that banana peel that made you slip and fall. Truth is, every one with common sense knows that except for a revolution, most Nigerians have settled for a dog-eat-dog life of struggling for everything, cheating one another, and having little faith in the system to guarantee their security, dignity and well-being. Not even the educational institutions work. Health, Zero. GEJ's fault abi?

Even the youth on this forum have lent a hand to the decadence of our system by daily abusing the office and person of the president of Nigeria; abusing other tribes, religions and ethnicities. We are mostly products of this same system. Who trained all the e-warriors that spew rubbish here? GEJ?
Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
lertee: We argue everyday on nigeria and how backward she is,what solution have we or can we profer? What is the way forward? If our leaders are bad,are the followers not worse?
It obvious my dear! The solution is that and simply that, the cronies who masterminded D woes of nigeria to this point and level of anomie should nt be D ones around cringing to set and detate government, who rules, who is working and who is good, becus they were there b4 and they failed i dont think D present scattered wht they did in 2yrs interval and if so, it is wht they left on ground that is being manage. They have no buissnes tending affairs of govt of which they failed woefully. Whn this is done then we knw we are ready 4 change. Apart frm GEJ i dont knw who will change D state of nigeria that is in politics with D backing of these master theifs, in PDP, in APC with different elements who are theifs in different skins.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Among World’s Poorest Competitive Countries. by agbameta: 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
hugafella:

All of you accusing GEJ for Nigeria's problems are either very daft, blinded by hatred, not in touch with reality, or simply unteachable. There is something known as a "system" my numb skull friends, there is also something known as "institutions". These two help a country run efficiently. Unfortunately Nigeria has none of them. Well, at best, both in very bad shape.

It is systems and institutions that are to blame and not GEJ, because Nigeria has managed to lose both along the line, AND DEFINITELY NOT SINCE 2011. If you blame GEJ, then also blame your dad, mum, uncles that give bribes for your admission, lecturers that collect cash for grades, the politicians that put GEJ there to maintain their grip on power, also the army and the police. Blame the past presidents that could not set up a proper identity system for Nigerians to easily fish out Terrorists in the north.

Also blame GEJ for the low literacy rate and cut-off marks in the north. Blame GEJ for plane crashes, yahoo boys and even fuel subsidy scam. Even that banana peel that made you slip and fall. Truth is, every one with common sense knows that except for a revolution, most Nigerians have settled for a dog-eat-dog life of struggling for everything, cheating one another, and having little faith in the system to guarantee their security, dignity and well-being. Not even the educational institutions work. Health, Zero. GEJ's fault abi?

Even the youth on this forum have lent a hand to the decadence of our system by daily abusing the office and person of the president of Nigeria; abusing other tribes, religions and ethnicities. We are mostly products of this same system. Who trained all the e-warriors that spew rubbish here? GEJ?

Basically, the dullard is not responsible for all the ills happening under his watch even though he was voted into office to correct the problems, the same problems he himself promised to fix, but you are sitting here telling us
because we've had these problems for a long time, he's not obligated to fix the problem and we shouldn't expect him to even though we are paying him to take care of our problems.....

Are you nit the daftest dullard ever?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) / Killings: Gowon Wants Buhari To Deal With Culprits / BREAKING: Tribunal Affirms Ihedioha’s Election As Imo Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.