Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days (1917 Views)

10 Kinds Of Guys That Find It Difficult To Approach/Woo A Lady / Why Do Nigerian Girls Find It Hard To Take Themselves Out? / Can An Ugly Guy Date Beautiful Girls? Find Out: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Pilotman(m): 10:51am On Sep 08, 2013
The purpose of this thread is to try to bring to our senses the reasons why our girls are finding it difficult to get husbands. It is not meant to be an abusive thread, but where we can share our honest submissions, perhaps learn from each other & show some understanding.

I will begin by categorising these reasons into 3: economical, cultural, & attitudinal factors.

Economically, our guys are often financially handicapped. Not that a guy wouldn't want to settle down early but our economic system doesn't accomodate him. Things are very difficut now, economically. His 'meager' income can't just support such plan at the moment. he just need more hustling & our girls aren't always ready to wait.

Culturally, our marital process is damn too expensive! From the 'Introduction', to the 'List', to the 'TM', to the 'Wedding'. Some families think that just b/c their daughter is 'educated', they shd reap all the returns in one day. For a young guy(graduate) that is just starting life, where will he get all the money from?

In terms of attitude, I think most of our girls are so materialistic. They want go with the latest fashion, phones, etc. No girl want to struggle or hustle with the guy. She just want a ready-made husband. She wants 'manna' to fall from heaven'. Most of them are always in competition of looking more classic than the other. But they will never be industrous, enterprising & goal oriented - just waiting for 'mr right' to come around. For Christ's sake, you shd have a life goal & pursue it with passion, then along the way you'll get to meet him.

Pls am not attacking our girls: just candid opinions that can help reorientate our mindset.

Feel free to add yours. Over to you...

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Bunchersstab(m): 10:54am On Sep 08, 2013
Who Adam pay Eve doury 2?

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by bjprodint(f): 11:04am On Sep 08, 2013
Bunchers stab: Who Adam pay Eve doury 2?
to God lol!
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by theodavid: 11:14am On Sep 08, 2013
[quote author=Pilotman]The purpose of this thread is to try to bring to our senses the reasons why our girls are finding it difficult to get husbands. It is not meant to be an abusive thread, but where we can share our honest submissions, perhaps learn from each other & show some understanding.

I will begin by categorising these reasons into 3: economical, cultural, & attitudinal factors.

Economically, our guys are often financially handicapped. Not that a guy wouldn't want to settle down early but........ i tink u r rite

1 Like

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 08, 2013
Its becos the guys want to pay N50 as bride price and expect the woman to cook 5 star restaurant meals and somersault in bed grin angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 08, 2013
Bunchers stab: Who Adam pay Eve doury 2?
The persin wey collect im rib.
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Mynd44: 11:39am On Sep 08, 2013
Here we go again

1 Like

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2013
Mynd_44: Here we go again
why arent u married yet?
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Mynd44: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
mondi_cheeks: why arent u married yet?
Cos I am broke, short and ugly

1 Like

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by jmoore(m): 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2013
@op, is this your final year project?

1 Like

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Pilotman(m): 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Its becos the guys want to pay N50 as bride price and expect the woman to cook 5 star restaurant meals and somersault in bed grin angry

Pls dear, don't get me wrong here. Am not saying peanut shd be fixed for a bride price. The fact is that some tribes & some families are taking this thing too far. It's pure greed. All fingers are not equall. The mere fact that 'A' paid N5 million for a bride price doesn't mean B must do like wise.

Personally, am a very good cook. I took 5 star meals. But it'll surprise you to know that some of our girls don't even know how to cook! I've seen many of them. All that they know is going round the eatries, but tell them to prepare that same thing in the house, & you'll be ashamed. And I don't support pre-marital sex either.
Our girls, you need to work on yourselves, skill wise. It's not all about polishing & packaging the outside, you must work on the inside too.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Pilotman(m): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Its becos the guys want to pay N50 as bride price and expect the woman to cook 5 star restaurant meals and somersault in bed grin angry
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Pilotman(m): 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
jmoore: @op, is this your final year project?

lol. Guy, I've finished my NYSC already o. It's just for us to learn & change for the better.
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
Shebi we don scarce grin.
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by imcomingsoon: 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
If u care, any friendly Christian lady
interested in a godly and serious r/p pls contact
: 08189043756, and on Whatsapp.
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Mynd44: 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
imcomingsoon:
If u care, any friendly Christian lady
interested in a godly and serious r/p pls contact
: 08189043756, and on Whatsapp.

Me too
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by fnep2smooth(m): 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
Pilotman: The purpose of this thread is to try to bring to our senses the reasons why our girls are finding it difficult to get husbands. It is not meant to be an abusive thread, but where we can share our honest submissions, perhaps learn from each other & show some understanding.

Economically, our guys are often financially handicapped. Not that a guy wouldn't want to settle down early but our economic system doesn't accomodate him. Things are very difficut now, economically. His 'meager' income can't just support such plan at the moment. he just need more hustling & our girls aren't always ready to wait.

Culturally, our marital process is damn too expensive! From the 'Introduction', to the 'List', to the 'TM', to the 'Wedding'. Some families think that just b/c their daughter is 'educated', they shd reap all the returns in one day. For a young guy(graduate) that is just starting life, where will he get all the money from?

In terms of attitude, I think most of our girls are so materialistic. They want go with the latest fashion, phones, etc. No girl want to struggle or hustle with the guy. She just want a ready-made husband. She wants 'manna' to fall from heaven'. Most of them are always in competition of looking more classic than the other. But they will never be industrous, enterprising & goal oriented - just waiting for 'mr right' to come around. For Christ's sake, you shd have a life goal & pursue it with passion, then along the way you'll get to meet him.

Pls am not attacking our girls: just candid opinions that can help reorientate our mindset.

Feel free to add yours. Over to you...

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by doris4u(f): 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
Talkn abt already made man.In a situatn u stay wit a guy wen he has nothn,encouraging him in watever he's doing 4 several years nd enventually turns his back on u wen he's made 4 no reason.wat do u do by then?do u mean we shld stil wait 4 another guy 2 treat us dat way just 2 get married?

1 Like

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Mynd44: 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
doris4u: Talkn abt already made man.In a situatn u stay wit a guy wen he has nothn,encouraging him in watever he's doing 4 several years nd enventually turns his back on u wen he's made 4 no reason.wat do u do by then?do u mean we shld stil wait 4 another guy 2 treat us dat way just 2 get married?
When you were supporting him to become what he is, what were you doing with yourself? Did you also try to build yourself up? Did he try to support you to chase your dreams in return?

A man that would make a good husband would encourage to improve your life as his own gets improved. That's how you know a man that won't walk away.

Don't blame the man for your problems, blame yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by doris4u(f): 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
When you were supporting him to become what he is, what were you doing with yourself? Did you also try to build yourself up? Did he try to support you to chase your dreams in return?

A man that would make a good husband would encourage to improve your life as his own gets improved. That's how you know a man that won't walk away.

Dnt misunderstand me,i mean encouraging nd being there not FINANCIAL help.of course am already built cos my age mates r stil lookn 4 admissn or in skul.
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
Mynd_44:

u just summarised my present predicament wit a certain lady. Dnt sit ur ass down at home as a lady and claim to be prayin for me to succeed! Do sometin abt ur success too!
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Mynd44: 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
doris4u: Dnt misunderstand me,i mean encouraging nd being there not FINANCIAL help.of course am already built cos my age mates r stil lookn 4 admissn or in skul.
As long as the deal is not signed yet (even after signing sef) do not completely believe it will be.

That also works in business
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Mynd44: 8:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
Jenams: u just summarised my present predicament wit a certain lady. Dnt sit ur ass down at home as a lady and claim to be prayin for me to succeed! Do sometin abt ur success too!
No mind them
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by theodavid: 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
No mind them
u r right man
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Pilotman(m): 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
doris4u: Talkn abt already made man.In a situatn u stay wit a guy wen he has nothn,encouraging him in watever he's doing 4 several years nd enventually turns his back on u wen he's made 4 no reason.wat do u do by then?do u mean we shld stil wait 4 another guy 2 treat us dat way just 2 get married?

That's the same thing that happen to guys that spend their hard earned money to train their girls in sch or even establish them in biz, only to get dumped without any justifiable reason!

Am not trying to justify this height of wickedness. But we shd all use our conscience. Don't do to others what you wouldn't want them to do to you!

1 Like

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by doris4u(f): 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
Pilotman:

That's the same thing that happen to guys that spend their hard earned money to train their girls in sch or even establish them in biz, only to get dumped without any justifiable reason!

Am not trying to justify this height of wickedness. But we shd all use our conscience. Don't do to others what you wouldn't want them to do to you!
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by doris4u(f): 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
Pilotman:

Thank God some1 reasoned wit me
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Mynd44: 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
Pilotman:

Another classic problem of people having personall issues. Must you sponsor someone with the hope that you would end up with them?

If you want to do anything for anyone, do it cos you want to help and don't expect anything in return else you are in for a long and strong thing
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by mideeniafe(f): 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
Cos I am broke, short and ugly
grin
Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by tweenytutes(f): 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
Guys always complain no matter what.
Scenario one-A struggling guy marries a stuggling wife,d wife supports him and all,he becomes successful,and he realises he has so much money to chase everytin in skirts,and complains his wife is not successful.
Scenario two. The woman becomes more successful than her husband,den he complains dat she's not submissive anymore,she's too career oriented,bla bla bla.
Even when they are both equally successful,the husband will till say,stay at home and take care of my children,rme. Later they'll say ladies are confused.
Jenams: u just summarised my present predicament wit a certain lady. Dnt sit ur ass down at home as a lady and claim to be prayin for me to succeed! Do sometin abt ur success too!

1 Like

Re: Why Our Girls Find It Difficult To Get Husbands These Days by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
becox they are playing hard to get

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Girls, Please Give Yourselves Little Dignity!!! / How Can I Fall In Love Again?????please Help / Am I Overthinking Things: Is He Just Being Friendly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.