Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,562 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (26839 Views)

Buhari ‘ll Not Require Ministers To Publicly Declare Assets / Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by eightsin(m): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2013
Pukkah:

You still haven't addressed my issues.

Obasanjo faced stiff opposition from the South West. Yes or No? Sharia came up during his reign. Were there any allegations of born to rule or ethnicity then?

Yar'Adua was attacked and called names like 'Yaradull'. Reuben Abati even wrote then that people asked for 'Yar'adua' at local reastaurant anytime they wanted 'snail'! Boko Haram surfaced during Yar'Adua's rule. Was there any allegations of tribalism then?

Today, you guys are lampooning the Northerners, attacking Amaechi and calling him a traitor; you conveniently forget that[b] some Northern governors[/b] are supporting Jonathan! Even Shema who is from Katsina (Yar'Adua's home state) is at present supporting Jonathan. That of Bauchi is also supporting him, etc.

The same Northern governors supported Jonathan against Buhari and Atiku. Yet, you still abuse them and call them unprintable names.

Why then do you still mouth 'born to rule' and all those divisive statements? Why not look at Jonathan based on merit? Why are you whipping up sentiments?

Did Jonathan promise to spend one term or not? Yes or no?

Why is the FG deploying instruments of the state to frustrate or attack perceived opponents of Jonathan or any other person that may have a presidential ambition?

Take note. I didn't say ''all northerners.'' Just as much as some northerners don't want Buhari n supports GEJ so also some southerners don't want GEJ.

whn n hw has d presidnt deployed instruments of d state in fightin or oppressing persons with presidential ambition? kindly b specific. In d case of Amaechi, do u have any proof or they are mere assumption?

owkay...lets judge GEJ by merits(dats wat u want right?) wld u say he hasn't achvd much in less than 3yrs in office coupled with all the distractions?

I think your major problem with him is this assumed 2nd term ambition. You can't even pick someone whom you think shld replace him. All you're concerned bout is that he doesn't contest 2015 election. Okay,lets assume he said he wldn't go for a 2nd term bt along the way, he had a chng of hrt being confined to the constitution. You now want to hold that against him?

Why do u criticise without giving solutions?
I'd ask u again..who do u want in Aso rock come 2015? You certainly shld av an answer so we can at least compare n contrast.
Who knows,u might win me over.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by jmaine: 11:40am On Sep 09, 2013
Pukkah:

Proof please.

Straw grasping identified . . .

A proof of something I heard personally when he was unveiling the immortalizing statue of the revered and respected late Mechanical Engr, Professor Ayodele Awojobi at Onike Round about during his first tenure . . .

Though we were all rooting for him for a second tenure . . .How we feel now is another discussion entirely grin

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by eightsin(m): 11:43am On Sep 09, 2013
jmaine:

Really !!! The statement was attributed to non other than the consistently touted Next President of Nigeria in waiting. . . .

His Excellency Gov Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN)

Eko oni baje ooo . .grin
You can't be srz. It's a common trend then tho not encouraging.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by jmaine: 11:47am On Sep 09, 2013
eightsin:
You can't be srz. It's a common trend then tho not encouraging.

Time Changes everything bruv . .They are politicians . . . grin
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by ssii: 11:55am On Sep 09, 2013
Power intoxicates , absolute power intoxicates absolutely. GEJ and his wife Will do anything presently to remain in office, and I see this going beyond 2019 if he succeeds with the 2015 re-election bid.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by desgiezd(m): 11:57am On Sep 09, 2013
Doyin Okupe, Reuben Abati and Ahmed Gulak will soon descend on Vanguard Newspapers for false reporting. Everyone in that newspaper house should put on their helmets and bullet-proof vests. My candid advice.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by bymigokeph: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
jmaine: I remember a very popular second term serving governor who consistently boasted he wasn't going for a second term cos Only students who fail repeat classes .

Jamb Question: Who is that governor and whose party platform is he flying his flag ? grin

Gov. Ameachi said in 2008 dat he'll nt a 2nd term gov. nd dat if dose contest in 2011 rivers wil suffer. bt wia is AMEACHI 2day
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by 4reigningqueen: 1:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
African Proverb!

" A man, who has a wife and two children, was a vice president but now the president. He should remember that too much shoes and cassava bread is dangerous"
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
egift: "A man who's words cannot be trusted is wortless" - An African Saying.

Fashola said thesame thing during his first tenure. These loosers should just go and drink something...

5 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Cultured(m): 1:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
Whenever you started believing everything you read on the pages of newspapers and media in general , then it's about time you stop reading . Mr president was quoted out of context in this article .
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by antifat(m): 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2013
well, he has spoken
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by pesty100(m): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
Jonathan

JONAThan

Nigerians always want to die in power8

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Pukkah: 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
okpara ugo:

Fashola said thesame thing during his first tenure. These loosers should just go and drink something...

bymigokeph:

Gov. Ameachi said in 2008 dat he'll nt a 2nd term gov. nd dat if dose contest in 2011 rivers wil suffer. bt wia is AMEACHI 2day

Whether Fasola or Amaechi or all the previous governors/presidents said so does not make it right. It is deception.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by pesty100(m): 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
what can we do
he said so what would happen people would obviously shout on this forum and keep quite
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
Caleboha: GEJ is not the first politician to change his mind with regards to seeking re-election. Its common place when you factor in influence from his community, friends, beneficiaries and psycofants. Even God changed his mind concerning Hezekiah why can't GEJ do same? I beg to say that this thread is utterly useless and inspired by mischief. Why is everyone scared of GEJ re-contesting? Its cowardly! They all panic whenever his 2015 intentions is brought up yet they call him weak and dull. If he is really dull and weak, defeat him at d polls!!! Gawwd! Una dey vex me oooo. I'm not Jonathan's fan by the way, just amazed @d panic GEJ's re-election bid is causing! angry

I'm tired of them too. Its a characteristic of loosers. I do not know how to hate so i feel pity for them haters.. They run temperature and BP...

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Symphony007: 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
Gerald ford said he will serve out richard nixon's term and not seek a second term but he later changed his mind and contested against jimmy carter, so no biggy here, it's a tipical politicians lie.

The significant thing here is after changing his mind, gerald ford lost to jimmy carter....i am not insinuating anything o!!cheesycheesycheesy
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by nerodenero: 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
Can telling lies be separated from Politicians? Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Lyoncrescent: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
Surely, There should be video evidence somewhere.

They should get the video evidence and give it to TV stations to air as advert
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
eightsin:

Hehe!! Gov Oshomole of Edo State n he is flyin d APC flag. But not withstanding... He performed well n d ppl of Edo state wanted him.

Wrong. Gov. Fashola of Lagos state..

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pukkah:

1. Short time? He knew it was going to be 4 years and made his clear and voluntary promises based on 4 years. No? Let;s even ignore his Acting President days.

2. Saboteurs? Are they a new feature in our system? Haven't they always existed? What happened to his experience as a deputy governor, governor, VP and Acting President before he made the promises? I thought his clear and unambiguous promises were made after considering the ever-present 'saboteur factor'. I don't want to believe that he lied or didn't do his homework well before making such critical promises.

3. Give him a second term if he wants? And what if he doesn't want it? We would start hunting for another person? Can you see the way they (you) are using Nigeria to play roulette?

I empatize with your condition. This thing pain you well well...
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by knash1(m): 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
There is notin wrong for GEJ 2015 ambition. 2nd tenure is in nigeria constitution. moreover it's our vote dat may count. the reason all this issh is comin up is because he is not a northerner. HEAVY END TIME TINZ...

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Pukkah: 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
okpara ugo:

I empatize with your condition. This thing pain you well well...

The issues are clearly above your head hence the resort to sentiments and abuse. This is typical of your ilk.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by moshino(m): 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2013

In reality, has your own father fulfilled everything he ever promised, have you, yourself fulfilled everything you ever said? Only a foolish man will refuse to change in accordance with changing circumstances.

5 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
midep: Waiting for response frm the delusional supporters of Goatluck Edewe Jonathan, at d same time 1st to comment and dancing Azonto......
Be careful,God is watching you..be very careful.
Meanwhile,every nigerian has got da right to vie for da highest office under da constitution regardless of whatever agreement signed or statement issued. The constitution supercedes all and will prevail over all what thrash going around..u and those economic parasitic northerners got a problem with that,go eat grass..

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by VirginFinder: 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
Human beings are dynamic...

Can't a man change his mind again?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by knash1(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
eightsin:

Take note. I didn't say ''all northerners.'' Just as much as some northerners don't want Buhari n supports GEJ so also some southerners don't want GEJ.

whn n hw has d presidnt deployed instruments of d state in fightin or oppressing persons with presidential ambition? kindly b specific. In d case of Amaechi, do u have any proof or they are mere assumption?

owkay...lets judge GEJ by merits(dats wat u want right?) wld u say he hasn't achvd much in less than 3yrs in office coupled with all the distractions?

I think your major problem with him is this assumed 2nd term ambition. You can't even pick someone whom you think shld replace him. All you're concerned bout is that he doesn't contest 2015 election. Okay,lets assume he said he wldn't go for a 2nd term bt along the way, he had a chng of hrt being confined to the constitution. You now want to hold that against him?

Why do u criticise without giving solutions?
I'd ask u again..who do u want in Aso rock come 2015? You certainly shld av an answer so we can at least compare n contrast.
Who knows,u might win me over.
u try wella. nice statement...

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Pukkah: 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
k'nash:
There is notin wrong for GEJ 2015 ambition. 2nd tenure is in nigeria constitution. moreover it's our vote dat may count. the reason all this issh is comin up is because he is not a northerner. HEAVY END TIME TINZ...

There is nothing wrong with GEJ for 2015 except that our key problems of lack of power, corruption and security are worse or have remained the same.

Leave all this Northerner talk alone. It's divisive. It's needless. Right now, many Northerners are supporting Jonathan.

If Jonathan should decisively address two of the main issues (power, corruption and security), I will become his unpaid mouthpiece.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by PassingShot(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
Caleboha: GEJ is not the first politician to change his mind with regards to seeking re-election. Its common place when you factor in influence from his community, friends, beneficiaries and psycofants. Even God changed his mind concerning Hezekiah why can't GEJ do same? I beg to say that this thread is utterly useless and inspired by mischief. Why is everyone scared of GEJ re-contesting? Its cowardly! They all panic whenever his 2015 intentions is brought up yet they call him weak and dull. If he is really dull and weak, defeat him at d polls!!! Gawwd! Una dey vex me oooo. I'm not Jonathan's fan by the way, just amazed @d panic GEJ's re-election bid is causing! angry

@ the bolded: Because we know that elections are rigged in Nigeria especially by the governemnt at the center. In this case People Deceiving People (PDP).
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
whats news here. Buhari said same

Fact is he has the constitutional right to contest

and the point is he is eligible.

Most importantly, that statement has been overtaken by event.

And here is my advice to those oppose to his candidature:

stop seeking for sympathy and brace up for the contest
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by eldoradoxx: 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
As untrustworthy and worthless as APC's Buhari who openly wept and pleaded with Nigerians to help vote him for the last time. Now he has changed his mind like GEJ
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
eightsin:

Its rather the opposite...they are afraid of him that's why they want him to step down. Has GEJ made any attempt to stop Atiku,Lamido n whoeva frm participating in d 2015 PDP presidential primaries?

They cannot answer your last question. Nonetheless, i wonder why these divergent guys should be the ones to decide who becomes chairman of the ruling PDP and not the commander in chief. Was that obtainable under OBJ tenure ?

Jonathan started on a very soft note and won everyones heart. The disadvantage was that it also made him appear a weakling. Jonathan should not allow OBJ, Atiku or IBB decide for him what happens in PDP.

A commander in chief is NO 1 and nothing can be done about it until GOD decides otherwise. I advice you guys to drink something to quench your worry once and for all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) / Osun Election: Why PDP Leaders Protested At INEC Headquarters – Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.