Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,008 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (26846 Views)

Buhari ‘ll Not Require Ministers To Publicly Declare Assets / Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by AdviserGeneral: 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pukkah:

As an individual that knows what he's doing, you should not change your mind so easily about very critical assignments. Go and watch people that do that and see whether they are successful.

1. Don't bring in the concept of a God that changes His Mind. It is one of the fault-lines of religion and cannot be reconciled with His Omniscience.

2. A leader that changes his mind must be honest enough to admit it and humble enough to tell his followers the compelling reason(s). What has changed between the time he made the firm and clear promise and now? Influence from friends and sycophants?

3. Has Jonathan fulfilled the promises he voluntarily made regarding power, security and transportation? Yes or No?

4. From 2 and 3 above, do you think he has the moral authority to contest in 2015? Note that we are not talking about his constitutional right here. Also note that for a leader, moral authority should be rated highly.

Don't contradict yourself. Has Jonathan officially declared that he will run for 2015? Don't give flimsy excuse.

Even if he chooses to run, don't vote for him. You rightly said he is constitutionally fit to run, why are you bothering yourself.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Mylove55(f): 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
k'nash:
THERE IS NO ONE OR POLITICIAN IN NIGERIA THAT WILL GO FOR ONE TERM and step down knowning that he has a right to go for a second tenure, NOT EVEN ME, U, MY FATHER , UR FATHER, MY MOTHER, ur MOTHER or any member of our family. we are nigerians and is in our blood. so spare mister president and allow him to do his wish as long as it's in nigeria constitution.... MORE ova jonathan is not nigeria worst president so far....... even obasanjo wanted 3rd tenure.
if madela can respect himself,i can do same.it is people like u and pdp,dat wil never respect urself,tel pdp and ur family to be honest and always keep to agreement
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by emekatimsu(m): 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
This is the one i knw of and it was said by Buhari not too long ago.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/old/index.php/news-news/16766-i-will-never-contest-elections-again-buhari
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by omoalaro: 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
Words on Mable.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2013
make we forget that one joor. when fashola was asked if he will contest for 2nd term, he said only those dat fail repeat a class. that he won't contest.

what happened? did he fail?? we voted massively for him.

so all this one na old story grin grin grin
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Cypost: 5:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
Caleboha: GEJ is not the first politician to change his mind with regards to seeking re-election. Its common place when you factor in influence from his community, friends, beneficiaries and psycofants. Even God changed his mind concerning Hezekiah why can't GEJ do same? I beg to say that this thread is utterly useless and inspired by mischief. Why is everyone scared of GEJ re-contesting? Its cowardly! They all panic whenever his 2015 intentions is brought up yet they call him weak and dull. If he is really dull and weak, defeat him at d polls!!! Gawwd! Una dey vex me oooo. I'm not Jonathan's fan by the way, just amazed @d panic GEJ's re-election bid is causing! angry
Truth be told to delusional minds.
Even sports men hv been known to return to the game after announcing retirement.
Btw
All those shouting abt GEJ contesting, will they not contest if there r in his shoes. Ur guess is as good as mine. Yeye dy smell
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Smooyis(m): 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
jmaine: I remember a very popular second term serving governor who consistently boasted he wasn't going for a second term cos Only students who fail repeat classes .

Jamb Question: Who is that governor and whose party platform is he flying his flag ? grin
But this governor did exceptionally well in his first term hence popular demand was that he continued his good work. Same cannot be said of GEJ who has been doing all kinds of dirty political manouverings two years to the election, even though things are not getting better.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Ayed44: 6:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
nuclearboy: Nothing wrong in him contesting ASiIDE the realizationthat his words cannot be trusted!

What is really wrong is that IF HE WANTS TO CONTEST, he should allow everyone else also to contest - what his internal party opposition is fighting is the "automatic" ticket!

None of them seems afraid of him - but why is he afraid to contest open primaries? Stand against Lamido or Atiku or whoever in open primaries, simple!
Are u fighting for Atiku or Lamido?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by dekins: 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
The fear of GEJ 2015 is the beginning of rancour among some Nigerian politicians and populace. Besides, He is only human. But wait o, does it mean that they can't stand him in the pools come 2015 despite the fact that he has not yet officially declare his intentions?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Kingspin(m): 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2013
Oppositions at work. e-goliath..the more ur keeping sleepless night on GEj the more support he got. 2015 plan: divide the country or GEJ contest. Syrian poem.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Kingspin(m): 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
Smooyis: But this governor did exceptionally well in his first term hence popular demand was that he continued his good work. Same cannot be said of GEJ who has been doing all kinds of dirty political manouverings two years to the election, even though things are not getting better.
Add 90 to your current age by than Ni.ger.ia must have become a paradise. Pls i hope you keep the date.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Sike(m): 6:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ope Oh!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Kingspin(m): 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
soulfood:
PANIC? WELL, IF A DRUG ADDICT STAYS IN YOUR COMPOUND AND YOU HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH THE CONSEQUENCES KNOWING HIS LEASE WILL SOON EXPIRE ONLY TO HEAR THE ADDICT IS PLANNING TO EXTEND HIS LEASE WITH YOUR LANDLORD. WILL YOU JUST KEEP QUIET? THE ONLY PANIC HERE IS MORE LIKE PHOBIA FOR THE DAMAGE ANOTHER FOUR YEARS OF JONATHAN'S RULE CAN INFLICT ON NIGERIANS.
I hope your very satisfy and more than satisfy with your state Gov..and dnt claim Lagos here because all yorubas now reside in Lagos..The other states Govs are not useful.. Pls if you dnt vote for GEJ than Buhari will continue to win in the North east.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by ginajet(f): 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
eightsin:

Hehe!! Gov Oshomole of Edo State n he is flyin d APC flag. But not withstanding... He performed well n d ppl of Edo state wanted him.
Fashola and lets not 4get dat Lagosian practically begged him 2 come back... Fashola did not buy ticket and d party whole-heartedly agreed on automatic ticket 4 him... Not our do or die Gej
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
D cowboy is a shameless liar!!!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Kingspin(m): 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
ginajet: Fashola and lets not 4get dat Lagosian practically begged him 2 come back... Fashola did not buy ticket and d party whole-heartedly agreed on automatic ticket 4 him... Not our do or die Gej
Do you know Nigeria politics alot if you dont go on a research finding for comparing a common state Gov to Aso Rock that controls 36 states and FCT both external & internal matters you must be the biggest joker beneath the earth.. One force to a Gov. (Small fish) but many forces for the presidency (Big fish). If you strong show face for polling station.. U cant compare the gap is endless.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Orikinla(m): 7:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
[size=28pt]When you fail to pass in school, you repeat the class. So, Jona won lepeat since he know say he don fail/[/size] grin
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by joeruano: 7:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
GEJ for 2015.We r solidly behind u no matter what..
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by cKaiser: 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
Retardeen has no honor

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by uksim: 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pukkah:

As an individual that knows what he's doing, you should not change your mind so easily about very critical assignments. Go and watch people that do that and see whether they are successful.

1. Don't bring in the concept of a God that changes His Mind. It is one of the fault-lines of religion and cannot be reconciled with His Omniscience.

2. A leader that changes his mind must be honest enough to admit it and humble enough to tell his followers the compelling reason(s). What has changed between the time he made the firm and clear promise and now? Influence from friends and sycophants?

3. Has Jonathan fulfilled the promises he voluntarily made regarding power, security and transportation? Yes or No?

4. From 2 and 3 above, do you think he has the moral authority to contest in 2015? Note that we are not talking about his constitutional right here. Also note that for a leader, moral authority should be rated highly.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by uksim: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
@pukkah....u knw ntin abt leadership....I advise u kp calm
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Sattie: 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
jmaine: I remember a very popular second term serving governor who consistently boasted he wasn't going for a second term cos Only students who fail repeat classes .

Jamb Question: Who is that governor and whose party platform is he flying his flag ? grin

Thank God you said a second term Gov. Ofcourse he has no where to go again....
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Buccinator(m): 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
If Nigeria doesnt go Extinct come 2015 - then we shall forever remain indivisible. . .fisherman or chronic PhD capenter . .lets be patient till 2015. Summary: https://www.nairaland.com/1388822/diary/2
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by AnanseK(m): 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
eightsin: Why are Northerners so bent on Preventing GEJ frm contesting 2015 general election? how many of us can beat our chest n say we have not done something we swore not to do again? He without sin shld cast d 1st stone.

Come to think of it, GEJ has nt even said he wld contest d 2015 election.
Now, d question is: why are they so scared?

Scared ? Because he will use the police , the nations security apparatus, the national media, the office of the president , the national treasury and crook business to remain in office when we all know that he has no capacity to offer the country good governance. That is why . And it is not just northerners. All sensible Nigerians know that.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by AnanseK(m): 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
Caleboha: GEJ is not the first politician to change his mind with regards to seeking re-election. Its common place when you factor in influence from his community, friends, beneficiaries and psycofants. Even God changed his mind concerning Hezekiah why can't GEJ do same? I beg to say that this thread is utterly useless and inspired by mischief. Why is everyone scared of GEJ re-contesting? Its cowardly! They all panic whenever his 2015 intentions is brought up yet they call him weak and dull. If he is really dull and weak, defeat him at d polls!!! Gawwd! Una dey vex me oooo. I'm not Jonathan's fan by the way, just amazed @d panic GEJ's re-election bid is causing! angry

So Jona get mind To even change?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by tedd(m): 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
Babatunde Fashola (SAN)
eightsin:

Gov. Oshomole made a statement similar to that.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by EmmyDe25(m): 10:03pm On Sep 09, 2013

And is there any way you will compare Fashola with your Jonathan?? You want to pitch A practical achiever with a mere paper performer. Fashola is working.... Lagos is moving.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by soulfood(m): 10:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
k'nash:
Mr soulfool. pls can u tell me tinz GEJ did wrong since he became the presisdent. an can u pls tell me one person u tink can make better president comes 2015..
Mr Kilishi, You asked for one thing,I will give you five. Removal of Fuel Subsidy without due process or regards for the citizens, Renaming of Unilag, Maulag without Consultation, Inability to control his wife's meddling into affairs of Rivers State, Total Tolerance for Corruption and inability to fight it(what has he done about Subsidy Thieves), Having the Guts to go on International television to say Electricity is one area Nigerians are pleased with him cause we have constant power(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uql5VkMQSmA). And General low performance. The man is going back to his village come 2015.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by excell12go(m): 12:48am On Sep 10, 2013
End Time tnz grin grin grin
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by jmaine: 1:24am On Sep 10, 2013
Smooyis: But this governor did exceptionally well in his first term hence popular demand was that he continued his good work. Same cannot be said of GEJ who has been doing all kinds of dirty political manouverings two years to the election, even though things are not getting better.

Are we in 2015 to effectively judge GEJ tenure yet.

All your attempt above did not in anyway dispel the fact that Gov Fashola went back on his word about not seeking for a second term.

Kapish . . . .
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by networkrecharg: 5:55am On Sep 10, 2013
Subsidy fraud!!!

k'nash:
Mr soulfool. pls can u tell me tinz GEJ did wrong since he became the presisdent. an can u pls tell me one person u tink can make better president comes 2015..
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by chukstoney(m): 9:38am On Sep 10, 2013
eightsin:

I wouldn't say entirely bt he has done considerably well in such a short time coupled with the saboteurs in his administration who are bent on seeing him fail... Lets gv him a 2nd term if he wants it.
I hate it so much wen I hear u guys talkin abt 2015 wen der wil never b 2015 mark my word

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 4 For Forging EFCC Documents, Defrauding America Lady (Photos) / Timeline Of Ikom Bridge In Cross River State (Pictures) / IPOB Women Disrupt 'Handshake Across The Niger' Summit In Enugu. Photos/Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.