Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (26850 Views)

Buhari ‘ll Not Require Ministers To Publicly Declare Assets / Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
(In Eldee's voice) but if u really check am na wash.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by PassingShot(m): 2:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
eightsin:

Take note. I didn't say ''all northerners.'' Just as much as some northerners don't want Buhari n supports GEJ so also some southerners don't want GEJ.

whn n hw has d presidnt deployed instruments of d state in fightin or oppressing persons with presidential ambition? kindly b specific. In d case of Amaechi, do u have any proof or they are mere assumption?

owkay...lets judge GEJ by merits(dats wat u want right?) wld u say he hasn't achvd much in less than 3yrs in office coupled with all the distractions?

I think your major problem with him is this assumed 2nd term ambition. You can't even pick someone whom you think shld replace him. All you're concerned bout is that he doesn't contest 2015 election. Okay,lets assume he said he wldn't go for a 2nd term bt along the way, he had a chng of hrt being confined to the constitution. You now want to hold that against him?

Why do u criticise without giving solutions?
I'd ask u again..who do u want in Aso rock come 2015? You certainly shld av an answer so we can at least compare n contrast.
Who knows,u might win me over.

There are so many better individuals as president than GEJ. Fashola, this man that runs Lagos Business School and many more I can't place my head around now. The problem I have with Jonathan is not only because of his lack of wisdom to run a complex country like Nigeria. It also has to do with the "killer party" he belongs. For me, it's any party but PDP (APBPDP) at the center.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Siraleeyu(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
Caleboha: GEJ is not the first politician to change his mind with regards to seeking re-election. Its common place when you factor in influence from his community, friends, beneficiaries and psycofants. Even God changed his mind concerning Hezekiah why can't GEJ do same? I beg to say that this thread is utterly useless and inspired by mischief. Why is everyone scared of GEJ re-contesting? Its cowardly! They all panic whenever his 2015 intentions is brought up yet they call him weak and dull. If he is really dull and weak, defeat him at d polls!!! Gawwd! Una dey vex me oooo. I'm not Jonathan's fan by the way, just amazed @d panic GEJ's re-election bid is causing! angry
mumu...aint u shame of ur self....gudlok is d real coward, y is he intimidating odas that want to go in to primaries with him.......d truth is dat he is d most weak, incompetent, inept and embarrasing president dis country eva produced.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by smoothlips(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
i_laugh:

A man can pitch his tent with whoever he wants. You have no right to call them names because of who they support. Mtcheewwww.
Shataaaap!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by ifyfaith: 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
midep: Waiting for response frm the delusional supporters of Goatluck Edewe Jonathan, at d same time 1st to comment and dancing Azonto......
what is dis one saying?

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by theoctopus: 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
The serious question here is this

Why are they afraid of GEJ contesting? It is very funny. I thought they said all Nigerian hate him and he is a monumental failure. So why are they afraid of him contesting? Something tells me, they know they are liars and weak

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Siraleeyu(m): 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
eightsin: Why are Northerners so bent on Preventing GEJ frm contesting 2015 general election? how many of us can beat our chest n say we have not done something we swore not to do again? He without sin shld cast d 1st stone.

Come to think of it, GEJ has nt even said he wld contest d 2015 election.
Now, d question is: why are they so scared?
most he verbally declare dat he will contest before u understand dat he will contest?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by legalcode(m): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
The headline is deceptive, i am yet to read where he said "I NOT CONTEST IN 2015"

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by legalcode(m): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
The headline is deceptive, i am yet to read where he said "I'll NOT CONTEST IN 2015"
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by 9iceboi(m): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
Who re we 2 judge gej... Its only God that does not change.... Obj stated in 1999 dat he will not b contestin, buhari said such.. Its was even part of all governors manifesto...... Fresh Air till 2019
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by sexlover: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
midep: grin cheesy Goatluck Edewe Jonathan ROTFL
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
Passing Shot:

@ the bolded: Because we know that elections are rigged in Nigeria especially by the governemnt at the center. In this case People Deceiving People (PDP).

Then gather your evidence and go to court.

Stop crying over your stupdity on relying region and religion to win election.

I am a full northerner and GEJ has my 101% support base on his starling performance in just 2 years

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Ayed44: 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
midep: Waiting for response frm the delusional supporters of Goatluck Edewe Jonathan, at d same time 1st to comment and dancing Azonto......
What if d man changes his mind 4 d reasons known to him? Please can u direct me to any section of d 1999 constitution dat GEJ will be violating if he changes his mind and contest again in 2015?

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by 1shortblackboy: 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
so? the man no get the right to change im mind again ? make una pack one corner jor angry

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
eldoradoxx: As untrustworthy and worthless as APC's Buhari who openly wept and pleaded with Nigerians to help vote him for the last time. Now he has changed his mind like GEJ

Have you ever seen a bearded he goat crying... I cant laugh !!!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by eio2013: 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
Same as Fashola. Lets start with APC liars 1st

egift: "A man who's words cannot be trusted is wortless" - An African Saying.

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by jude33084(m): 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
He did not say that undecided
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Gwekzy: 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
And so what Those that will fall for this re not politically evolved...In Politics,there is no permanent friend neither there is a permanent INTEREST....#EbeleJonathan all d waY

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by stecman: 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
just a political statement by a real politician, so don't hold that against him.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Ayed44: 2:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
Siraleeyu: mumu...aint u shame of ur self....gudlok is d real coward, y is he intimidating odas that want to go in to primaries with him.......d truth is dat he is d most weak, incompetent, inept and embarrasing president dis country eva produced.
Just listen to urself. If realy he is weak and incompetent like u are trying to portray him, then let him contest and loose at d elections. Why are u afraid of a weak man contesting? U need to examine urself well.

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Ramanto(m): 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
This is a pure deceit!! He said he wunt recontest and at the same time promising a better governance if re elected.is thr any logic in that?This is marginally convincing
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Ayed44: 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
stecman: just a political statement by a real politician, so don't hold that against him.
Dont mind them. The man, like any other man, has d right to change his mind.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by ShineIt: 2:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mods should have moved this thread to the joke section. Buhari says it every 4yrs, Fashola said it, most politicians would say it so what's the biggie? Remi Tinubu said she's not going to contest Lagos governorship even though we all know she will.
ROFLMAO!!! another Yoruba frustration thread,

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by adino(m): 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
jmaine: I remember a very popular second term serving governor who consistently boasted he wasn't going for a second term cos Only students who fail repeat classes .

Jamb Question: Who is that governor and whose party platform is he flying his flag ? grin

wothout scrolling down for expo, I make bold to say that the speaker is no other than the great chief propagandist, deportation commander, newspaper performing babatunde fashola of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
The President promised that if voted in for the next four years, he would ensure significant improvement in key sectors of the economy — security, power, education, road, health amongst others.

“Without security, there is no government. So it is not debatable, it is something we have to addressed and we are working towards that with vigour. But if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”

In my opinion, the above is the most significant part of the statement.

[b][/b]
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Mylove55(f): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
eightsin: Why are Northerners so bent on Preventing GEJ frm contesting 2015 general election? how many of us can beat our chest n say we have not done something we swore not to do again? He without sin shld cast d 1st stone.

Come to think of it, GEJ has nt even said he wld contest d 2015 election.
Now, d question is: why are they so scared?
scared of incumbency power of rigging like he did in 2011.pls tel him not to rig again,because 10 of Gej cannot march buhari in terms anti corruption,sincerity,honesty and performance.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by polosky: 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
[quote author=Caleboha]GEJ is not the first politician to change his mind with regards to seeking re-election. Its common place when you factor in influence from his community, friends, beneficiaries and psycofants. Even God changed his mind concerning Hezekiah why can't GEJ do same? I beg to say that this thread is utterly useless and inspired by mischief. Why is everyone scared of GEJ re-contesting? Its cowardly! They all panic whenever his 2015 intentions is brought up yet they call him weak and dull. If he is really dull and weak, defeat him at d polls!!! Gawwd! Una dey vex me oooo. I'm not Jonathan's fan by the way, just amazed @d panic GEJ's re-election bid is causing! angry

.......the panic be say him go fit rig am scientifically
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by knash1(m): 2:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
THERE IS NO ONE OR POLITICIAN IN NIGERIA THAT WILL GO FOR ONE TERM and step down knowning that he has a right to go for a second tenure, NOT EVEN ME, U, MY FATHER , UR FATHER, MY MOTHER, ur MOTHER or any member of our family. we are nigerians and is in our blood. so spare mister president and allow him to do his wish as long as it's in nigeria constitution.... MORE ova jonathan is not nigeria worst president so far....... even obasanjo wanted 3rd tenure.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by sundyke107: 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
GEJ is strategising haters are dieying. Fresh Air till 2019. Shaaiii!! this man GEJ is too much. I love his approach in all forms.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by TAIWO3004: 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
We are sick and tired of this govt.Jonathan must go...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by satmaniac(m): 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2013
No one will fail to agree that constitutionally Mr prez Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is qualified to contest in 2015 election and the same constitution grant us the right to vote him again or vote him out.
In my candid opinion if you are not happy with the way things are going I think you have a chance at throwing him out in 2015 so save yourself this ewar as its not going to effect anything but arouse hostility ,the problem is who is gonna replace him
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by iphedahyor(m): 2:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
Tell jonah say I don hear.......m_m_(u)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Coming Realignment In Yorubaland - By Femi Fani-kayode / CAN Wants The FG To Relocate Nigerian Embassy To Jerusalem - Vanguard / Ondo: Violence At Owo LGA As INEC Ballot Box Shattered, Ballot Papers Hijacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.