Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (26838 Views)

Buhari ‘ll Not Require Ministers To Publicly Declare Assets / Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by dioradegreat: 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
for the first time in Nigeria when the president is still in his 1st team 18 Governors of PDP are in there second term and now the 7 governors are only moving to be relevant after 2015 election. they want to be president. who among them as Governor did not do second term,the president is qualified and they too are free to contest who ever Nigerian want via there votes will be president,let them stop the nonsense the are doing and be come democratic

4 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by abu12: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
theoctopus: The serious question here is this

Why are they afraid of GEJ contesting? It is very funny. I thought they said all Nigerian hate him and he is a monumental failure. So why are they afraid of him contesting? Something tells me, they know they are liars and weak

They are not afraid my friend, all what they want is free and fair primary election in PDP. Non of them want to leave PDP including GEJ.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by mabcos: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
[quote author=Caleboha]GEJ is not the first politician to change his mind with regards to seeking re-election. Its common place when you factor in influence from his community, friends, beneficiaries and psycofants. Even God changed his mind concerning Hezekiah why can't GEJ do same? I beg to say that this thread is utterly useless and inspired by mischief. Why is everyone scared of GEJ re-contesting? Its cowardly! They all panic whenever his 2015 intentions is brought up yet they call him weak and dull. IU are a confirmed Jona fan.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Demdem(m): 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
Chai cheesy cheesy cheesy Jonathan.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by beejaay: 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
Shine It: Mods should have moved this thread to the joke section. Buhari says it every 4yrs, Fashola said it, most politicians would say it so what's the biggie? Remi Tinubu said she's not going to contest Lagos governorship even though we all know she will.
ROFLMAO!!! another Yoruba frustration thread,

fashola = its only student that failed that repeat classes...
Amechi said the same thng
Buhari has been saying it like forever
Adam oshiomole said the same thing
Bukola saraki said after his first 4yrs people will be picking money on the street cheesy (i remember this vividly...i remember laughing at his supporters back then.. i remember trying to warn people with xter like Bukola saraki..now come to kwara state and see curse everywhere)

bottom line.. GEJ renegading on his promise (if he ever said its not a new thing), even God changed His mind several times (according to beleiver Quran and Bible and numerous scriptures)...

GEJ continue and i will vote unless i see a better candidate (then am sori my mind will also change cheesy)..for now no better alternatives.. u are a lesser evil compare to Buhari,Atiku,Sule lamido, Amechi

3 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by knash1(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
always with GEJ come 2015. hit like button if u a with me......

4 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Newcrescent(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
Jolantern, it's high-time to go home.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by jmaine: 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
adino:

wothout scrolling down for expo, I make bold to say that the speaker is no other than the great chief propagandist, deportation commander, newspaper performing babatunde fashola of Lagos.

You correct die . . .Oya come receive your prize award of a packet of Tom Tom sweet . . . tongue

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by abu12: 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ayed44: What if d man changes his mind 4 d reasons known to him? Please can u direct me to any section of d 1999 constitution dat GEJ will be violating if he changes his mind and contest again in 2015?

If he change is mind good, he should be able to say "yes I promise not to run by 2015 but I will run now" who will hold him? It is a sign of irresponsibility for a leader like him to be denie

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Fidelcruiz(m): 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
I was alive when he made all these fallacious statements. But today I don't think he has lived up to 10 percent of his then promises. A country like our's proposed to have over 175 million inhabitants will turn out to be uncomfortable for those who feel they are the oga's at the top when the time comes. God help us all.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by beejaay: 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ayed44: Just listen to urself. If realy he is weak and incompetent like u are trying to portray him, then let him contest and loose at d elections. Why are u afraid of a weak man contesting? U need to examine urself well.
dnt mind them..they are all oxymoronic..hw can u be scared of a weak man unless he is not weak

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by knash1(m): 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2013
abu12:

If he change is mind good, he should be able to say "yes I promise not to run by 2015 but I will run now" who will hold him? It is a sign of irresponsibility for a leader like him to be dining
keep queit. how many politician has ever lived up to there word or campaign manufesto. abeg free GEJ

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by mbourie(m): 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
@dioradegreat : For the first time in Nigeria when the president is still in his 1st team 18 Governors of PDP are in there second term and now the 7 governors are only moving to be relevant after 2015 election. they want to be president. who among them as Governor did not do second term,the president is qualified and they too are free to contest who ever Nigerian want via there votes will be president,let them stop the nonsense the are doing and be come democratic.

You have nailed it bro....you have broaden my horizons#team jonathan till 2019#

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by finalstep: 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mr President should have keep to his promise if said so but the Northerns hold power for 38yrs both in military & civilian government nobody organized Boko Haram,why Boko Haram now, they vowed to undermined his government. No GOODLUCK JONATHAN NO MORE ONE NIGERIA,THE PRESIDENT MUST GO BACK COME 2015 NO NEGOTIATION
THE MUST WAIT, ATIKU SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL HOW HE DRAWN ONCE VEINS because IS COMING BACK TO HIM
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by kondex: 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pukkah:

As an individual that knows what he's doing, you should not change your mind so easily about very critical assignments. Go and watch people that do that and see whether they are successful.

1. Don't bring in the concept of a God that changes His Mind. It is one of the fault-lines of religion and cannot be reconciled with His Omniscience.

2. A leader that changes his mind must be honest enough to admit it and humble enough to tell his followers the compelling reason(s). What has changed between the time he made the firm and clear promise and now? Influence from friends and sycophants?

3. Has Jonathan fulfilled the promises he voluntarily made regarding power, security and transportation? Yes or No?

4. From 2 and 3 above, do you think he has the moral authority to contest in 2015? Note that we are not talking about his constitutional right here. Also note that for a leader, moral authority should be rated highly.
my brother staying here and practicing ur profesion will not do u any good. for me, all u ve been saying is rubish cos I know dat in ur family u are not flawless, so y not remember the good things he has done and stop being a kid here. if I may ask u., has goodluck told u he wants to contest com 2015. this is a clear indication that u are an antagonist which is not good for u. I live u with this food for thought ""when u occasionally expect failure from someone, he/she will definately fail based on ur evaluation. face ur own responsibilities and get it right. ask not what ur country will do for u but what u will do for ur country ""Martin luther king junior " be wise man
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by danot1030: 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
Caleboha: GEJ is not the first politician to change his mind with regards to seeking re-election. Its common place when you factor in influence from his community, friends, beneficiaries and psycofants. Even God changed his mind concerning Hezekiah why can't GEJ do same? I beg to say that this thread is utterly useless and inspired by mischief. Why is everyone scared of GEJ re-contesting? Its cowardly! They all panic whenever his 2015 intentions is brought up yet they call him weak and dull. If he is really dull and weak, defeat him at d polls!!! Gawwd! Una dey vex me oooo. I'm not Jonathan's fan by the way, just amazed @d panic GEJ's re-election bid is causing! angry

i can see that you so shameless
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by true2god: 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
Gowon broke the Aburi accord of 1967. So if Jonathan decided to run for the next election its not big deal.

I gave him my support, dis is politics.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by lookmangiw(m): 3:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
Caleboha: GEJ is not the first politician to change his mind with regards to seeking re-election. Its common place when you factor in influence from his community, friends, beneficiaries and psycofants. Even God changed his mind concerning Hezekiah why can't GEJ do same? I beg to say that this thread is utterly useless and inspired by mischief. Why is everyone scared of GEJ re-contesting? Its cowardly! They all panic whenever his 2015 intentions is brought up yet they call him weak and dull. If he is really dull and weak, defeat him at d polls!!! Gawwd! Una dey vex me oooo. I'm not Jonathan's fan by the way, just amazed @d panic GEJ's re-election bid is causing! angry
after writing all the trash that you can lay your hands on, you still concluded that you are no GEJ supporter. Is that the new strategy all you jonathan lapdogs have now adopted.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Ayed44: 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
He has every right to contest. But if u feel dat he did nt perform well in his first term, den dont vote 4 him 4 second term. U said he is clueless, bt why are u afraid of him contesting? I'm suspecting u.
Pukkah:

1. Short time? He knew it was going to be 4 years and made his clear and voluntary promises based on 4 years. No? Let;s even ignore his Acting President days.

2. Saboteurs? Are they a new feature in our system? Haven't they always existed? What happened to his experience as a deputy governor, governor, VP and Acting President before he made the promises? I thought his clear and unambiguous promises were made after considering the ever-present 'saboteur factor'. I don't want to believe that he lied or didn't do his homework well before making such critical promises.

3. Give him a second term if he wants? And what if he doesn't want it? We would start hunting for another person? Can you see the way they (you) are using Nigeria to play roulette?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by FELIX30(m): 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
What are we really talking about here Is there any nigerian politician u can beat ur chest and say he is a man of his words Fashola said “it is only when u fail a class that u repeat“ today he is repeating d class he claimed to hv passed. Buhari d so called messiah in d waiting said that after 2011 dat he wll not contest again. In less than a year later came back and said he is too young to quit politics. Who among them is really sincere and a man of his word??

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by anthoniosp(m): 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
eightsin: Why are Northerners so bent on Preventing GEJ frm contesting 2015 general election? how many of us can beat our chest n say we have not done something we swore not to do again? He without sin shld cast d 1st stone.

Come to think of it, GEJ has nt even said he wld contest d 2015 election.
Now, d question is: why are they so scared?
#puts rock into cannon and shoots#
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Ayed44: 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
Did ever promise nigerians dat he will not contest come 2015? I monitored his campaign trail in 2011 and there was nowhere he saia he wil nt contest in 2015. Dis news above dat u are realying upon here was said to hav been in faraway Turkey (not Nigeria) bt if u think dat he said such a thing in nigeria pls kindly remind when and where. I wil be glad if u can provide me wt t link 2.
abu12:

If he change is mind good, he should be able to say "yes I promise not to run by 2015 but I will run now" who will hold him? It is a sign of irresponsibility for a leader like him to be denie
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by chronique(m): 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
Fashola of ACN/APC before his second term.
jmaine: I remember a very popular second term serving governor who consistently boasted he wasn't going for a second term cos Only students who fail repeat classes .

Jamb Question: Who is that governor and whose party platform is he flying his flag ? grin
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by dioradegreat: 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mr president never came out to any public domain to promise Nigerians that he will run for only one term.what the governors are saying can not hold waters because they lack the capacity to take such decision on behalf of Nigerians

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by vanhelsing2099(m): 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
jmaine:

Wrong answer for the identity of the governor, but you got the party right . . grin

Fashola in 2007

He was asked in 2011 n he said "LAGOS is promoted,so fashola is also promoted". Is dis d lagos of 2006..

Lagos is promoted 2d higher class

Don't compare d dragon of d west (SAN) with retarded badluck(DR).

Am 4rm d southsouth.

Bt I will go for change. 4ck segregation n tribalism

N I av a dream " a time will cum nigeria will not b judge by deir region bt content of their heart"
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by networkrecharg: 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
What did GEJ use SUBSIDY money for??

Let's another man leader us abeg. Its all cho I cho.
Come to fink of it, Gov. Ameachi is, WILLING, QUALIFIED, ABLE ans READY
We can see his dogged approach to delivering the job in Rivers.

eightsin:

I wouldn't say entirely bt he has done considerably well in such a short time coupled with the saboteurs in his administration who are bent on seeing him fail... Lets gv him a 2nd term if he wants it.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by soulfood(m): 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
PANIC? WELL, IF A DRUG ADDICT STAYS IN YOUR COMPOUND AND YOU HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH THE CONSEQUENCES KNOWING HIS LEASE WILL SOON EXPIRE ONLY TO HEAR THE ADDICT IS PLANNING TO EXTEND HIS LEASE WITH YOUR LANDLORD. WILL YOU JUST KEEP QUIET? THE ONLY PANIC HERE IS MORE LIKE PHOBIA FOR THE DAMAGE ANOTHER FOUR YEARS OF JONATHAN'S RULE CAN INFLICT ON NIGERIANS.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by knash1(m): 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
soulfood:
PANIC? WELL, IF A DRUG ADDICT STAYS IN YOUR COMPOUND AND YOU HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH THE CONSEQUENCES KNOWING HIS LEASE WILL SOON EXPIRE ONLY TO HEAR THE ADDICT IS PLANNING TO EXTEND HIS LEASE WITH YOUR LANDLORD. WILL YOU JUST KEEP QUIET? THE ONLY PANIC HERE IS MORE LIKE PHOBIA FOR THE DAMAGE ANOTHER FOUR YEARS OF JONATHAN'S RULE CAN INFLICT ON NIGERIANS.
Mr soulfool. pls can u tell me tinz GEJ did wrong since he became the presisdent. an can u pls tell me one person u tink can make better president comes 2015..
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Pataki: 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pukkah:

You still haven't addressed my issues.

Obasanjo faced stiff opposition from the South West. Yes or No? Sharia came up during his reign. Were there any allegations of born to rule or ethnicity then?

Yar'Adua was attacked and called names like 'Yaradull'. Reuben Abati even wrote then that people asked for 'Yar'adua' at local restaurants anytime they wanted 'snail'! Boko Haram surfaced during Yar'Adua's rule. Was there any allegations of tribalism then?

Today, you guys are lampooning the Northerners, attacking Amaechi and calling him a traitor; you conveniently forget that some Northern governors are supporting Jonathan! Even Shema who is from Katsina (Yar'Adua's home state) is at present supporting Jonathan. That of Bauchi (Yuguda) is also supporting him, etc. Bamanga Tukur is supporting him.

The same Northern governors supported Jonathan against Buhari and Atiku. Yet, you still abuse them and call them unprintable names.

Why then do you still mouth 'born to rule' and all those divisive statements? Why not look at Jonathan based on merit? Why are you whipping up sentiments?

Did Jonathan promise to spend one term or not? Yes or no?

Why is the FG deploying instruments of the state to frustrate or attack perceived opponents of Jonathan or any other person that may have a presidential ambition?

Where are the likes of JAMIU, TALAKA, and that cry cry baby - Dr. Abortion to come and read this pure truth?!

You have indeed hit the nail on the head with the scapegrace of a President Nigeria is currently saddled with. Where are all the promises this man was spewing all across the country when he was campaigning?

Nigerians have not held him accountable to his words, however, some PDP members have suddenly woken up from the slumber and decided to hold him true to his party words.

The end of Jonathan is surely something not palatable for him I can surely predict.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by OdionOdion: 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
FOR GOD HATH NOT GIVEN -GOODLUCK JONATHAN-THE SPIRIT OF FEAR, BUT OF POWER,AND LOVE,AND OF A SOUND MIND(2TIM1:7).The people afraid of GEJ Presidency beyond 2015 are the Boko Haram sponsors who are becoming inreasingly disappointed of the success of the security against Bpko Haram which was hitherto a political bargin tool against GEJ presidency

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Fuadx1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pukkah:

You still haven't addressed my issues.

Obasanjo faced stiff opposition from the South West. Yes or No? Sharia came up during his reign. Were there any allegations of born to rule or ethnicity then?

Yar'Adua was attacked and called names like 'Yaradull'. Reuben Abati even wrote then that people asked for 'Yar'adua' at local restaurants anytime they wanted 'snail'! Boko Haram surfaced during Yar'Adua's rule. Was there any allegations of tribalism then?

Today, you guys are lampooning the Northerners, attacking Amaechi and calling him a traitor; you conveniently forget that some Northern governors are supporting Jonathan! Even Shema who is from Katsina (Yar'Adua's home state) is at present supporting Jonathan. That of Bauchi (Yuguda) is also supporting him, etc. Bamanga Tukur is supporting him.

The same Northern governors supported Jonathan against Buhari and Atiku. Yet, you still abuse them and call them unprintable names.

Why then do you still mouth 'born to rule' and all those divisive statements? Why not look at Jonathan based on merit? Why are you whipping up sentiments?

Did Jonathan promise to spend one term or not? Yes or no?

Why is the FG deploying instruments of the state to frustrate or attack perceived opponents of Jonathan or any other person that may have a presidential ambition?

Re: I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) by Fuadx1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
Very objective! @ pukkah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs At The State House (Photos) / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Visits Osinbajo (Photos) / Osun Election: Why PDP Leaders Protested At INEC Headquarters – Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.