Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,709 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:42 AM

Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom (34051 Views)

How To Root And Install Cwm On Lenovo K3 Note / Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / CWM Recovery For Tecno N3 and Tecno P3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
okahdidi: Just curious Seun,why did u advice that we should not update m!lock

Because if you do it will stop working
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
Gravitizer: Na u sabi........
So, what's ur next foam fone?
Google Nexus 4

For your mind you don crack joke abi......may God not let you experience highway robbery.

Moving on....
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by okahdidi: 11:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
seunpayne:

Because if you do it will stop working

Ok boss. Noted
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by omotayos01(m): 12:47am On Sep 15, 2013
franciscogee:
Pls I need assistance with this, someone pls hlp
phantom A+ does nt suport usb OTG xo ps3 and xbox controler can work wit it. Hope av answer ur question cuz ur co tecno user av no clue wat u mean and are stil fighting wit gelona abi gionee user. Make una no kil me o*jst jokin*
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 15, 2013
omotayos01:
phantom A+ does nt suport usb OTG xo ps3 and xbox controler can work wit it. Hope av answer ur question cuz ur co tecno user av no clue wat u mean and are stil fighting wit gelona abi gionee user. Make una no kil me o*jst jokin*
Okay but I thought it could be done with a PC ....thanks any way
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by gideon243(m): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
Pls my phantom a pulse is no more entering recovery mode.. Pls what should I do
seunpayne: Good morning everybody. I initially planned to upload pictures with this tutorial (and maybe I will) but for now I can't so i'll try to make the steps as clear as possible.

So you clearly have an A+ (not on your report card though) and first order of business (after preening ofcoure) qould be to root it. well here is how:

Rooting
1. Download the root eroot v1.3 (you should be able to find the link here on nairaland. Too lazy to look) and pda.net (same as eroot). An alternative is to download my own root package here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5j_NCLhSSvIaFU4QXFFYnlFRHc/edit?usp=sharing

2. Install Pda.net and den open eroot. (this happens on a computer not your phone) Now on your phone you will have to navigate to Settings/About phone and click on build number at least 8 times. it should tell you something about now being a developer (as if it was that easy). go back one step and you should be back in settings. just above about phone you should find a new item called Developer options (a bit of warning here, dont mess with this area if you dont know what you are doing. part of being a developer is the ability to help your device "develop" problems)

3. just this once, click on developer options and at the top, switch it on and den scroll down and tick the usb debugging option. now go back to your homescreen and plug your device to your laptop. You will need to connected as USB storage or media device for the system to recognize your device. Eroot should display the name of your phone if done correctly.

4. Click the big green button and that usually should do the rooting. if succesful you should have a new menu item named "superuser". if so then your are rooted. congratulations.

5. if alternatively you downloaded my root kit then open the folder, plug your phone after doing steps 2 and 3 (minus the eroot. the pda.net is still important). click the run batch file. (usually the first one) and follow the on screen instructions). once done your phone would restart and you would be rooted. congrats once again.

CWM

It is imperative to note that while cwm isnt a must, if you ever plan to root your phone and enjoy its benefits then you must accept the fact that something might go wrong along the way. with that in mind i usually recommend this step immediately after rooting. if you wont flash cwm, then i will advice against rooting also (there is the door, thanks for stopping by).

1. Go to playstore on your phone and download "mobileuncle tools" (you must be rooted for this app to work).

2. once it is installed, download the cwm from here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5j_NCLhSSvISG5tSlRwYTQwc3M/edit?usp=sharing

3. now put the image inside your memory card directly (not in a folder) and open the mobileuncle tools and choose the Recovery Update option. It would be the first one you see on the list.

4. select it and say yes to all it asks..(it wont take advantage of you, I promise).

5. It should reboot into recovery. which is a dark screen with blue text. (in the future, use the power button + volume up button to enter recovery mode)

Now lets back up your phone.

1. you will need at least 2GB free to back up as well as at least 50% bat3. Use the volume buttons to scroll up and down and the power button to make selections.

2. once you are in recovery mode, scroll down to backup and restore and select it. next choose the backup option which is usually the first option. Sit back and relax cuz it takes a while. Once that is done, scroll down to go back and den select the reboot phone option to turn your phone back on

So now we have rooted and backed up our phone. We can even flash superman.

Unbricking
I'll post this part later.

Lets skip to the coolest part.

Custom Rom

Introducing the Thunderous Nightmare rom for A+
The First Android 4.2.2 Custom Rom for Tecno A+ (Stable ROM)

Melting Rocks by Muntazir Abbas; (A tribute to someone)
Ported by Seun Payne

BLOW TO UNLOCK+WALKMAN+TOUCHWHIZ+S4 MEDIA+BUMP+S-VOICE

Features:-

--> S4 TouchWiz Launcher
--> S4 Task Manager
--> Samsung S4 Wallpapers
--> Samsung S4 Music
--> Samsung S4 Widgets
--> S4 AccuWeather
--> Samsung S4 Sounds
--> S4 UI Sounds
--> S4 Notifications
--> S4 Alarms
--> Samsung Bootanimation
--> Samsung Boot Logo
--> Samsung Fonts
--> Samsung Dailer
--> Samsung Framework
--> Samsung Settings
--> Wireless Display
--> New LockScreen (blow to unlock)
--> New Gesture supported Keyboard
--> New Sound Recorder
--> Ext4 Tweaks
--> Maxed out speed & Performance
--> Disabled most logging activities
--> Battery calibrated automatically
--> VM heap tweaks
--> Extended Reboot Commands
--> Fully Deodexed
--> Removed Micromax Registration
--> Full CPU & GPU Utilization
--> Build.prop Tweaks
--> Faster and Smoother
--> Faster Streaming
--> Internet Tweaks
--> Network Tweaks
--> Proximity Tweaks
--> Battery Tweaks
--> Samsung S-Voice
--> Bump feature (sharing)
--> Walkman
--> GPS fixed

Xposed Framework

--> XTheme Engine
--> Xposed Tweakbox
--> Xposed TabletUi
--> Xposed Clock
--> Xposed Delivery Notify Toast
--> Xposed Additions
--> Xposed Icon Themer
--> Xposed Smiley Replacer
--> Xposed CRT Animation

NO need to DOWNLOAD any other app for downloading videos from YOUTUBE "Click on OGyoutube"
it will show download option for videos {Same GUI as YOUTUBE}

How To Flash :
You Can Take CMW Backup to Revert back to your old system (Just in case)

Please Note that the first boot may take upto 10 minutes.

1) Download Melting Rocks.zip File
2) Put into External/Internal SD Card
3) Go to CMW Recovery
4) Wipe Data
5) Wipe Cache
6) Wipe System
7) Wipe Dalvik Cache
cool Select Install From SD (Internal or External)
9) Select Melting Rocks.zip and Select YES
10) In CWM select OK to flash

11) Reboot Your System
12) Enjoy

Download Here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5j_NCLhSSvIODJHYWRLeXh5akU/edit?usp=sharing

Note: I Will Not Be Responsible For Any Brick or Any Problem.....So Flash At Your Own Risk.

If Anyone brick its device during installation or any other issue; Just Flash 4.2.1 Stock firmware by SP Flash Tool, then flash this ROM get your tools here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5j_NCLhSSvIbWlGSklOTlE0SW8&usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5j_NCLhSSvIUmJYdmRieFVjSGs&usp=sharing;

Please Do not Update M! Unlock and even if you do and it's not working then please go to:

Settings>>>Apps>>>All>>>M! Unlock>>>Uninstall Updates.

1 Like

Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by stephano100(m): 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
gideon243: Pls my phantom a pulse is no more entering recovery mode.. Pls what should I do
Duuude!!! shocked shocked,did u hav 2 quote dat long epistle? Haba.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 8:06am On Sep 16, 2013
gideon243: Pls my phantom a pulse is no more entering recovery mode.. Pls what should I do

Download the CWM again and flash with mobile uncle tools.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by anthony500(m): 2:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
please I've been trying to download your rooting package but I've been unable to. it takes me to the zip folder but no download button
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 8:15am On Sep 17, 2013
anthony500: please I've been trying to download your rooting package but I've been unable to. it takes me to the zip folder but no download button

I would suggest you select a file within that zip folder to trigger a download option.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by anthony500(m): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2013
ok
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 9:23am On Sep 17, 2013
anthony500: ok

I just noticed the problem you spoke about. on a computer simply press ctrl+s to save the zip file
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by gideon243(m): 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
seunpayne:

it's not flashing.... Once I click on the recovery update nnd d OK .. Its just reboot the phone... DAT all.. Its not entering the recovery mode.... And when I try d volume up and down+ power it worked but the language is in Chinese.

1 Like

Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
Download again. It seems to be corrupted. download again please
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2013
Guys Check out My new rom here: The UI of Life: http:///VthyR

Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by gideon243(m): 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
seunpayne: Download again. It seems to be corrupted. download again please
I av downloaded it like 4 times now still not entering recovery mode...even when I try d normal way of entering recovery mode' ie. Recovery mode on mobile uncle tools its just restart d phone that's all..
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by TrebleChamp(m): 6:38am On Sep 18, 2013
seunpayne:

Guru Seun, I have a question. I currently don't have a memory card on my phone, if i put the recovery.img in the root of my internal sdcard and then flash CWM Recovery, hope there won't be any issue when i eventually buy and insert a memory card on my phone? I use gionee E3, thanks.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
TrebleChamp: Guru Seun, I have a question. I currently don't have a memory card on my phone, if i put the recovery.img in the root of my internal sdcard and then flash CWM Recovery, hope there won't be any issue when i eventually buy and insert a memory card on my phone? I use gionee E3, thanks.

No there wont. However I can't say i'm sure that this version will work on e3. you can try though as this wont spoil your phone but it could spoil your recovery. Check the e3 thread and see if there is a link to get cwm for it.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by okahdidi: 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
seunpayne: Guys Check out My new rom here: The UI of Life: http:///VthyR

we never flex the thunder nightmare own finish, now UI of life don come. Oga Seunpayne toh bad gan.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
ANDROID DEVELOPERS NEEDED(6 MONTHS-1 YEAR)

DESIRED SKILLS:

1. Web- Services

2. API's Integration (Restful Preferred)

3. Payment get-ways (Inner Coding Knowledge)

4. Social Integrations (Facebook, Twitter, Google+)

5. Native App's Development

6. Latest Android SDK'S

7. Google Play Store App submission Process

*Interested Candidates please forward your Profiles to :
androiddevelopershyd@gmail.com
THANKS!!!

1 Like

Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by TrebleChamp(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
seunpayne:

No there wont. However I can't say i'm sure that this version will work on e3. you can try though as this wont spoil your phone but it could spoil your recovery. Check the e3 thread and see if there is a link to get cwm for it.
I already downloaded the recovery.img for e3 on the e3 thread, just wanted to be double sure. Thanks for the reply and keep up the gud work.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by okahdidi: 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
Moo

I can see the ROM has OTA updates unlike the Thunder nightmare ROM. This is good.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2013
link no dey go oo
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by IdeeEsperanza(m): 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
Guys Check out My new rom here: The UI of Life: http:///VthyR
Seun, apart from the OTA update, does it has unique features like the Thunderous Nightmare?
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
franciscogee: link no dey go oo

The links are there. Please try again
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
idee.esperanza:

Seun, apart from the OTA update, does it has unique features like the Thunderous Nightmare?

Too many to mention. It's a brand new experience. I myself still marvel at its intuitiveness. Lemme jist you a few features :
Complete data control. Never waste my again
Too smooth with iPhone like transitions : it is the ui of life after all
Ability to force close apps with the touch of a button: now temple run no go chop ram
Put on the torch from the lock screen
Messaging app one of the best I have seen
Themes.... Lots and lots. Change your device fonts, and general look with total ease without the fear of bricking.
Root and unroot: it's just a switch on and it's rooted. Off and it is uprooted.
Wow... Just port joor
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by anthony500(m): 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
what the ROM's know issues with Google play?
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by elmobaba: 12:18am On Sep 19, 2013
Oga seun, wat abt d phantom A rom u promised earlier..We dey wait o
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by okpoonline2000: 6:30am On Sep 19, 2013
elmobaba: Oga seun, wat abt d phantom A rom u promised earlier..We dey wait o

@Seun, Phantom A users are still waiting. Can the Thunderous ROM work on Phantom A?
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 19, 2013
Oga seun How will I go back to my phantom a+
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by marcjoe(m): 7:08am On Sep 19, 2013
franciscogee: Oga seun How will I go back to my phantom a+

So u didn't backup
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 19, 2013
marcjoe:

So u didn't backup
I backup ooo, I just need the steps....thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Download Whatsapp On My Windows 6.1 Mobile / Letv Le 1s Discussion thread / Man Wins N10m In Airtel Promo In Awka, Faints At Prize Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.