Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom (33893 Views)

How To Root And Install Cwm On Lenovo K3 Note / Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / CWM Recovery For Tecno N3 and Tecno P3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by marcjoe(m): 7:17am On Sep 19, 2013
franciscogee:
I backup ooo

Then follow d step in phantom a+ thread to restore...
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
I've flashed miui onto my phone, now my problem is that I can't find a download link to get the google apps on the site (I followed the link).........pls someone should put me through
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by Mikados(m): 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
franciscogee: I've flashed miui onto my phone, now my problem is that I can't find a download link to get the google apps on the site (I followed the link).........pls someone should put me through
Google search #gapps# make sure you download for version 4.1.2
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mikados: Google search #gapps# make sure you download for version 4.1.2
Done.
Now its time for ui of life + phantom of life
Thanks .
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by solo1ng1: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
Marcjoe,

Please how do I update this UI of Life?
Do you have the process?
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by IdeeEsperanza(m): 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
Root and unroot: it's just a switch on and it's rooted. Off and it is uprooted.
Does that means you can port without rooting? Forgive my silly question.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 8:21am On Sep 22, 2013
idee.esperanza:

Does that means you can port without rooting? Forgive my silly question.

Yes and no. No because you will need to be rooted to use mobile uncle to flash recovery to be able to flash the rom. Yes because you can flash the recovery from your computer without rooting and then flash the rom. It's a matter of ease and preference really.

1 Like

Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by chucksbadt(m): 6:25am On Sep 23, 2013
seunpayne:

The links are there. Please try again
Please what will happen if i update m! lock and Samsung push service?
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 6:40am On Sep 23, 2013
chucksbadt:
Please what will happen if i update m! lock and Samsung push service?

It will stop working. The push service can be updated though.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by adjeielias: 9:27am On Sep 23, 2013
pls bros I can't boot into cwm after the recovery update and pls does this ROM work on the phantom A...?
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2013
adjeielias: pls bros I can't boot into cwm after the recovery update and pls does this ROM work on the phantom A...?

No. As the topic says, everything you get here is strictly for Phantom A+. I'm sorry
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by adjeielias: 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
pls are there no custom roms for the phantom A1?
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by shogz89: 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
seunpayne: Guys Check out My new rom here: The UI of Life: http:///VthyR
please my question may sound stupid cos am new on android but does it mean that with this new rom OTA ability one can upgrade the A+ from 4.2 to 4.3
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by seunpayne(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
shogz89:
please my question may sound stupid cos am new on android but does it mean that with this new rom OTA ability one can upgrade the A+ from 4.2 to 4.3

Till it comes out, we will never know.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by uche715: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
bro pls, i owned a phantom a+ n i ve tried using mobile uncle to flash d cwm recovery, bt after reboot, i can't see the recovery sign. pls apart from mobile uncle is there any other app i can use to gain clockworkmod? thank you
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by lordZOUGA(m): 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
I tried the rom. It was cool. Freezes sometimes though but I think that's somehow caused by the Walkman application.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by lordZOUGA(m): 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
For some reason, it keeps mounting my sdcard as a read only filesystem
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by tonyzaks: 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2013
abeg sum1 tell me how to put the rom file on the sd card. is it in the rar format or extracted?

1 Like

Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by Coolstan: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
tonyzaks: abeg sum1 tell me how to put the rom file on the sd card. is it in the rar format or extracted?
you should follow the instructions Seun posted. The Rom is in zip format not rar. Just put it in the root of your SD card (not in any folder) and flash using cwm recovery
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by amurx(m): 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pls my phones service aint coming up again since i boot it into recovery mode. I tried formating it buh instead of english its in chinko d language's recovery is booting to
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by tonyzaks: 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
I flsd da font BT ther's no netwk service, pls wat did I do wrong?
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by tonyzaks: 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
I flsd da fon bt ther's no netwk service, pls wat did I do wrong?
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by marcjoe(m): 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
tonyzaks: I flsd da fon bt ther's no netwk service, pls wat did I do wrong?

Create a new access point under settings.. ..
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by marcjoe(m): 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
amurx: Pls my phones service aint coming up again since i boot it into recovery mode. I tried formating it buh instead of english its in chinko d language's recovery is booting to
Pls explain better what were u trying to do before.. .
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by gideon243(m): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
marcjoe:
Pls explain better what were u trying to do before.. .
guy U av corrupted ur recovery mode... U need a new cwm...
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by amurx(m): 8:49am On Sep 25, 2013
i was trying to use mobile uncle to boot to recovery mode. After putting d recovery image directly on my mc i did as was said. Bt my phone didnt boot into recovery mode, since den my phone's service as refused to come up. I re-download d recovery image wich later worked but still d network didnt came up. I tried formatting it via volume down + power button bt the language it shows is china instead of english.
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by marcjoe(m): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2013
amurx: i was trying to use mobile uncle to boot to recovery mod ootAfter putting d recovery image directly on my mc i did as was said. Bt my phone didnt boot into recovery mode, since den my phone's service as refused to come up. I re-download d recovery image wich later worked but still d network didnt came up. I tried formatting it via volume down + power button bt the language it shows is china instead of english.

So u mean ur phone is bricked ..though there's a solution now....is ur phone not booting up again?
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by marcjoe(m): 9:04am On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by amurx(m): 9:46am On Sep 25, 2013
marcjoe:

So u mean ur phone is bricked ..though there's a solution now....is ur phone not booting up again?
marcjoe:

It is booting up but the both sims service is not coming up. Kip sayin no sim slot. Thanks boss
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by steinalb(m): 10:42am On Sep 25, 2013
Will the custom rom work on tecno n7
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by gideon243(m): 11:54am On Sep 25, 2013
amurx: It is booting up but the both sims service is not coming up. Kip sayin no sim slot. Thanks boss
download mobile uncle tools.. After that download the cwm again then rename it to huawei_G700-t00_CWMrecovery.img .then boot from recover update make sure ur data connection is off... U will c d cwm click on it.... Den it will take u to d recovery mode.. From there u can port to the new ROM ....
Re: Tecno A+: Rooting, CWM, Unbricking And Custom Rom by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
after reading all thru the reviews in this thread and many others..i feel its just headache trying to root ur androids.

apart from the potential bricking that will void ur warranties,u now have great phones in perfect working conditions destroyed or working at abysmal levels.

any one of u can take a swipe at me,i dont care.all i get from this thread is,help me with this? i cant find this? my phone is acting up?
all for what? to root? to gain access to where u aint meant to be.

whatever positives there are to rooting,NOBODY on nairaland will take responsibility if and when your phone brick or whatever.

enjoy the phone the way it came.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Network Offers Best Night Plan? / Pictures You Can Relate To When You Browse With Data In Nigeria / 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.