Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back (56171 Views)

The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State / Ten Ways That Show That Your Prophet Or Prophetess Is Fake / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 2:11am On Sep 11, 2013
Looks like the list of lies grew longer after the first group was debunked

[Editor’s Note: It was my intent to have a reply ready before posting this, but I’ve found myself putting it off due to a busy weekend so I’m going to go ahead and post it as is. I’ll address it properly in the comments as soon as I have the opportunity though I’m sure there are several regulars who will probably be more than capable of addressing it first.]

I’ve heard repeated here several times that Horus, an Egyptian god, is carbon copy of Jesus. The obvious implication by those that have made this statement is that Jesus is a copycat version of an earlier Egyptian deity. The purpose of this entry is to disembowel that proposition once and for all.

When I first heard that Horus was the inspiration for Jesus several years ago, I didn’t give it much credence because I couldn’t establish any source material for the claims. I still can’t, but the internet is as adept at allowing anybody and everybody to pass on misinformation.

Upon further research, I’ve concluded that this theory originated with Gerald Massey, an English poet, born 1828, died 1927. He published primarily poems, but had an interest in Egypt. He parlayed that interest in Egypt into several books and lectures in which he set forth the proposition that Horus was in essence the first Jesus, and Jesus was a cheap imitation. The primary basis for his writing is the Egyptian Book of the Dead. This is available on-line and you can easily look it up to read it yourself. Be forewarned that forced reading of this would be an extremely efficient form of torture.

It should be noted that Massey’s actual proposition was that Jesus was a copycat from more than just Horus. According to Massey, Jesus was a compilation of an innumerable number of Egyptian deities. There were over 2,000 deities who had every human and godlike characteristic one can think of, excepting Superman’s power to stop a speeding bullet.

Since Massey, there is a dearth of anybody with any credentials that has adopted a straight Horus=Jesus theory. There is a one individual that has adopted some of Massey’s thoughts and incorporated them into a book-The Christ Conspiracy. This appears to be the basis for the claims that I see. The author is Acharya S. Her website is http://www.truthbeknown.com I note that Richard Price, a noted Christ Myther, and one that I take much more seriously then Acharya, said the following:

“Those of use who uphold any version of the controversial Christ Myth theory find ourselves immediately the object not just of criticism, but even of ridicule. And it causes us chagrin to be lumped together with certain writers with whom we share the Christ Myth butt little else…..
His other criticism, like mine, is that she uses very dated sources (19th Century) who were in Price’s words “eccentrics, freethinkers, and theosophists.”

Les, I am using your post from 1/3/05 as an example of the claims because you carry more credibility than most. That said here are the claims and what I have found:

Claim #1-Horus and Jesus are born from a virgin.

Horus’s mother is Isis. Isis was married to Osiris. We do not know for what length of time, but presumably the marriage was consummated. Whether it was or wasn’t doesn’t matter though. After Osiris is killed, Isis puts him back together again (he was hacked into 14 pieces) except for his penis which was tossed in a river or a lake. Iris fashions a substitute penis for him, humps him and here comes Horus. There is nothing virginal about that.

Claim #2-Both Horus and Jesus were born to a Mary and Joseph. (Seb)

As noted Isis is Horus’s mother’s name not Mary. In addition, Seb is not Horus’s father, Osiris is. Seb is Osiris’s father. Further, Seb is a distinct name from Joseph. Putting them side by side does not make them synonyms, and that appears to be what was done here.

Claim #3-Both were born of royal descent.

This is accurate.

Claim #4-Both births were announced by angels and witnessed by shepherds.

I can find nothing that mentions that the birth of Horus was announced by an angel or witnessed by shepherds. I have found that Horus was born in a swamp, which is a pretty unlikely place for shepherds. In addition Acharya mentions that Horus was born in a cave. Massey makes no mention of this, although he does represent that Mithra was born in a cave.

Claim #5-Both were heralded by stars and angels.

There is no star that heralded Horus’s birth nor is there any angel announcing it. Archarya in a footnote in The Origins of Christianity indicates that that there are three stars named the three kings in Orion and then relates this to the birth of Jesus. When we look to the stories regarding Horus, we find no star or angel announcing his birth. To the extent that Acharya S relies upon Massey and Massey relies upon what is depicted in the panels at Luxor see (from an atheist) further regarding virgin birth and pronouncement by angels http://www.frontline-apologetics.com/carrier_luxor_inscription.htm

Claim #6-Both had later visitors (Horus-3 deities and Jesus-3 wisemen.)

There is no indication that there ever were 3 wisemen. The bible never mentions the number of wisemen, nor is there any document that reflects 3 deities at the birth of Horus. See the website referenced in Claim #5.

Claim #7-Both had murder plots against them.

There is mention that Seth did want to kill Horus, and Herod wanted to kill Jesus. so this is accurate.

Claim#8-Both came of age at 12, were baptized and their baptizers were executed.

There is no indication that Horus was preaching in a temple when he was 12. In fact, Massey indicates that Hours the child was depicted as a “weakling.” That doesn’t jive with story of Jesus preaching in the temple. Again this appears to have been a confabulation from Acharya and repeated by others.

Horus was never baptized in any of the Horus stories. In addition, Acharya mentions that John the Baptist is actually Anup the Baptizer. This individual is never mentioned anywhere in any Horus account. There is not even a footnote in Archaya’s on-line work The Origins of Christianity to support this. There is nothing.

Claim #9-Both had 12 disciples.

According to the Horus accounts, Horus had four semi-gods that were followers. There is some indication of 16 human followers and an unknown number of blacksmiths that went into battle with him. Horus did not have 12 disciples. Jesus reportedly did. Acharya failed to give a footnote to support this.

Massey points to a mural in the Book of Hades in which there are twelve reapers. Horus is not present in this scene. For Massey to make this connection he goes to a different scene within the same mural. In this scene there is a picture of a god whose name is the Master of Joy. Horus is never depicted although in other murals the artists do depict Horus. Had the artists ascribed 12 reapers in any relation to Horus all they had to do was put Horus at the scene. They did not.

Claim #10-Both walked on water.

Horus didn’t, or at least there is no record that I can find that he did. Massey does not maintain that Hours did. Massey uses wild conjecture to connect the story of fish man, Oannes, not Horus, to Jesus. Oannes came out of the sea during the day, and went back into the sea at night. Massey makes the two analogous because by his calculations, Jesus walked on water during the day.

As to Acharya, she as usual provides nothing to substantiate this.

Claim #11-Both performed miracles.

This is true although the miracles were different in scope and nature.

Claim #12 Both exorcised demons and raised Lazarus.

The actual claim is that Horus raised Osiris from the dead and that the name Osiris morphed to Lazarus. It doesn’t matter because Horus did not bring Osiris back to life. There is no mention of this in any document regarding the story. Horus did avenge Osiris’s death, but that did not raise Osiris from the dead.

Claim #13-Both held a Sermon on the Mount; both were transfigured on a mountain, died by crucifixion along with two thieves and were buried in tombs where they paid a quick visit to Hell and then rose from the dead after 3 days time, both resurrections were witness by women, and both will supposedly reign for 1,000 years in the Millennium.

These are the most damning claims if they were proven true in my opinion. Yet, I can locate none of this. No sermon, no transfiguration, certainly no crucifixion w/ two thieves, no trip to hell and no resurrection. There was an incident in which Horus was torn to pieces and Iris requested the crocodile god to fish him out of the water he was tossed into, which was done, but that’s it. I am at a loss to refute this because I can not find anything to support it.

Massey does compares a story about the Autumn Equinox related to Osiris, not Horus, as the symbolic crucifixion. There is no indication that Horus is involved in any way. There is no mention by Massey of any Sermon on the Mount. No mention or any actual crucifixion, no two thieves, no burial in a tomb. Massey does not maintain that anything of the sort occurred with Horus.

In short, of the claims outlined in this entry, I find the comparison between Horus and Jesus to consist of the following: they were of royal descent, they allegedly worked miracles and there were murder plots against them.

http://stupidevilbastard.com/2005/01/ending_the_myth_of_horus/

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by blessed4ever: 3:25am On Sep 11, 2013
This lady caused was thrown out of Sierra Leone, now she started the same confusion here in Nigeria...let her be arrested and sent packing.

Read a press release from her country....

In a press conference organized on Tuesday 19th March, 2013, the National Pentecostal Fellowship of Sierra Leone has publicly denounced the "revelations" made by one "Sister" Linda Ngaujah, who claims to have died for 5 hours 30 minutes.During her "death tour", she claims to have seeen things in heaven and hell. This is contained in an audio tape in circulation.

In the widely circulated audio tape, "Sister" Linda said during her "death tour", she met the Late Libyan Leader, Muhamad Ghadafi, who told her that the mosque he built in Sierra Leone and other mosques should be demolished and replaced with churches. Sister Linda also "revealed" that in Sierra Leone, only five people would make it to heaven from the time she passed away if Jesus had come at that time. She added that all the men of God in Sierra Leone were false but for three.

These wild "revelations" among many others she made, compelled the National Pentecostal Fellowship Church in Sierra Leone lead by Bishop Achibor Cole to debunk her "revelations". According to the church , all what Linda said was not true. The church emphasized that “all her revelations were not in line with the word of God.”

The church continued to say that her revelations were deliberate attempt to ignite misunderstandings among Muslims and Christians in Sierra Leone. Awareness Times reported that “Sister Linder’s revelation has created bitter arguments among residents in several communities and some resulting to fights. A recent example is an ugly scenario that occurred at Funkia in Goderich, where two men stabbed themselves over an argument raised from Sister Linda's revelations”

But further investigations carried out by mysierraleoneonline.com shows that "Sister" Linda is not an ardent follower of Christ. This was made known by her younger sister, Finda. "Sister" Linda was reported to be a student of LICSAL Business College, however, further checks by has proven that she is rather a Diploma student at the EMIBEX College reading Accounting and Finance.

What made Sister Linda’s death and resurgence very precarious was the "revelations" she brought from heaven and hell. The younger sister, Finda, recounted what "Sister Linda" told her. Finda said her sister passed away at 6am on 14th February 2013. Her soul was dumped in hell where she saw Libya former late President Muhamed Ghadafi, Guinea Late President Lansana Conteh in hell. On her resurrection Sister Linda said “I am, that I am” as Jesus said, according to Finda.

One of the pastors who was identified by "Sister" Linda in her dream, Pastor Ezekiel Baimba Sesay of Christ Centre Ministry has told this press that, he has been in the faith for over 20 years. He said he is not using Sister Linda’s revelation to make money as has been claimed by other churches and people.

As a pastor, he said he believed in the message Linda has brought, and that was why his church is leading the 7 days fasting and prayers. He expressed disappointment about the way other churches and people have taken the "revelation"." I am very disappointed about the way and manner the bigger churches have taken the issues" he said.

Meanwhile, some members of the public hold the view that Sister Linda’s revelations were false. Some say she hallucinates. While others have urgently asked Government to place a ban on circulation of the tape. They also want an investigation into mental status of “Sister Linda” and her team of hatemongers.

Picture of Finda, Younger Sister of Linda.

By mysierraleoneonline.com
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 3:28am On Sep 11, 2013
Hmm
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by cutiepie01(f): 4:54am On Sep 11, 2013
belabela:

Do you know what it means to be an adult? Kumuyi's son is an adult he will do whatever is good for himself...stop thinking like a child. You will not be saved by your father's salvation.

Between I will not refuse to attend my son's wedding simply because he has different views to mine. Please grow up and see the truth.... legalism saves no one, only Jesus saves....

Does it not suprise all believers in Christ that the Jesus some of these people claim to have seen, never emphasized on the blood he shed for their sins rather on their offerings, tithe, dressing and match stick......

Jesus himself said when the deceivers come they will first say " I (Jesus) am the Christ" They will not be 100% wrong rather they will be like 98% right and 2% wrong. But the 2% poison can kill. So beware of them

On this one Kumuyi is right!!!
'BETWEEN,I WILL NOT REFUSE TO ATTEND MY SON'S WEDDING....'bro,BTW is also an abbreviation 4 'By the way'.I guess dats what u wanted 2 say.#Thank me later#
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Davo93(m): 5:05am On Sep 11, 2013
cutiepie01: 'BETWEEN,I WILL NOT REFUSE TO ATTEND MY SON'S WEDDING....'bro,BTW is also an abbreviation 4 'By the way'.I guess dats what u wanted 2 say.#Thank me later#
grin lols
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Burlah4u2c(m): 5:20am On Sep 11, 2013
ifeness: Kumuyi himself sells CDs ,isn't he an hypocrite ?
what nonsense is this one saying ojare. Did he sell 'die-saw cd's'. U too sha won comment sha. Oga o
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by SblazeAondona(m): 6:23am On Sep 11, 2013
You human's will jst start commenting on things anyhw. So u also belive that elija is stil on earth? Has he 4once sold a disc that he went to heaven or hell? Preaching nd recording iz only drawing it near to our househood, u must be close to God weda in ofice,home,sch,shop nd nt only church. That the meanin of gospel cd's.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by SblazeAondona(m): 6:41am On Sep 11, 2013
I suspect sumtin here...... The name Ngauja or what so ever the linda's surname sounds lik an igbo name, u guys knw hw igbo people hav sense of reasoning for business baa? LINDA,AR U AN IGBO GIRL FROM ENUGU OR ABA,ONITSHA, IMO? Tel us the truth u only travel out to go nd make money,crap lady

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by tomzman: 7:02am On Sep 11, 2013
This is a good act by Pastor Kumuyi. This heaven and hell thing is getting out of hand. Anybody can just wake up one morning and claim that he died and saw heaven. I would never waste my money to buy such CDs!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by DrGabbi(m): 7:09am On Sep 11, 2013
Nigerians! We are easily deceived. Understandably,people have to believe in something.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Omooba77: 7:13am On Sep 11, 2013
There will be not much argument if we all understand Matthew 24 very well and Revelations 22.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by bamac(m): 7:42am On Sep 11, 2013
I was also shocked wen i watched dat sist linder tin. I told d ppl around me dat if wat dt sist is saying is d case den no one wl enter d kingdom of God, my own God is not wicked, only grace wl save us.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Omooba77: 8:05am On Sep 11, 2013
God is not wicked, but God's standard remains same; holiness, salvation through grace. No matter what anyone does in life, Bible can use Bible to justify themselves, because is a two-edged sword. We will all make heaven in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by dapizy02(m): 8:19am On Sep 11, 2013
So u dey xpect make I read all abi.....?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 11, 2013
Burlah4u2c:
what nonsense is this one saying ojare. Did he sell 'die-saw cd's'. U too sha won comment sha. Oga o

Mumu wetin you sabi.....the man is leading all of you into the darkness and ignorance. He sells CDs,makes money from is bullshit teachings and yet he wants to stop another deluded person like himself from making money. What a greedy thing.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by mko2005: 8:43am On Sep 11, 2013
babyosisi:

So now Jesus existed?
Hahahaha
See confusion

At least he now believes Jesus Lived here !hehehehe.
Tomorrow we go discuss horus matter grin

God help us
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 11, 2013
babyosisi:

So now Jesus existed?
Hahahaha
See confusion

Did you read what posted? I never said jesus existed. His story was change from Horus to white jesus and both are myths

Ancient Egypt owed the original before the Romans changed it. You must be a mumu to believe anything sha!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by mko2005: 8:56am On Sep 11, 2013
ifeness:

Did you read what posted? I never said jesus existed. His story was change from Horus to white jesus and both are myths

Ancient Egypt owed the original before the Romans changed it. You must be a mumu to believe anything sha!
If she is a mumu to believe anything don't you think same is applicable to you for believing ur horus story !

God help him !

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 11, 2013
m.k.o2005:

If she is a mumu to believe anything don't you think same is applicable to you for believing ur horus story !

God help him !
Ancient egypt MYTH!!!! Ever heard of such a thing even in Israel As if she was around when horus originated.SMH!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God help him !

Horus is a myth,a story used by the ancient Egyptians to explain astrology,the story about the Sun and 12 months(Aries to Pisces ). The Sun (Horus) is the light of the world,it comes in the morning and dies at night (set or satan). It was only a story!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 11, 2013
ifeness:

Horus is a myth,a story used by the ancient Egyptians to explain astrology,the story about the Sun and 12 months(Aries to Pisces ). The Sun (Horus) is the light of the world,it comes in the morning and dies at night (set or satan). It was only a story!
You don't need those myths my dear.You need Christ the living word.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 11, 2013
Bidam: You don't need those myths my dear.You need Christ the living word.

Do you know Horus was also called Christ long before jesus story come up? Do you?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 11, 2013
hollandis:

what does Kumuyi mean "disowning" .Did he own her in the first place?

when the woman mentions "members of a large church" did she mean deeper life?

In short ,why I even dey answer this one sef "Go hug transformer jorrr"
you are either really funny or really ignorant..were you there when pastor kumuyi used the word 'disown' ?? Even a layman will understand this is just a catchy word used in the headline by the either op or pm news to summarise the story. And oh btw I watched the video and yes she mentioned DEEPER LIFE so please take several seats if you have nothing useful to say and from what I have been seeing, YOU DONT
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 11, 2013
ifeness:

Do you know Horus was also called Christ long before jesus story come up? Do you?
Do you have a bible? Please discard all your magic books,burn them and go purchase a bible. You might see light at the end of this dark tunnel you re journeying into.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by mko2005: 9:48am On Sep 11, 2013
ifeness:

'Comes in the morning and dies at night' na him you dey take compare the KING OF KINGS & THE LORD OF LORDS abi ? Jesus no come for morning die for night. HE LIVES FOREVER MORE !

God help him

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 11, 2013
Bidam: Do you have a bible? Please discard all your magic books,burn them and go purchase a bible. You might see light at the end of this dark tunnel you re journeying into.

What nonsense are you saying? You see other people as evil just because they do not think like you? I should go purchase a book full of lies. What a stupid comment from a dumb christian. I should purchase a book used to enslave my race?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 11, 2013
m.k.o2005:

'Comes in the morning and dies at night' na him you dey take compare the KING OF KINGS & THE LORD OF LORDS abi ? Jesus no come for morning die for night. HE LIVES FOREVER MORE !

God help him

The more your worship Jesus ,the more you give away your energy. There is no proof jesus existed. You have been misled into thinking he is your saviour. No evidence of Noah's ark,no evidence of any bible story. But their is a clear evidence the Sun does exist.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by chocprince: 10:14am On Sep 11, 2013
ammyluv2002: I don hear........ but seriously why are we like this? We no get sense? Person go just wake up one morning decide to make CD claiming all manner of things and people dey buy? *SMH* even with all the bible we don read , all the preaching we don hear yet we dont know our right from left.....na wa o!

u're so on point
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by debbleopto: 10:23am On Sep 11, 2013
hollandis:

Lot of controversy jor!!!
I just wanted to prove a point that no one is perfect,except Jesus .Kumuyi does not have the qualification of Jesus to condemn someone's actions or statements.Anyone can claim to be an anointed person.I expected him to use the gift of "distinguishing between spirits " to substantiate is condemnation,not some seemingly physical and emotional outburst.

Imagine the statement he made "don't buy that CD".Are they kids!!!!?

Eeh yaa. I am very sorry for u. I could see that you have just stocked these CDs with much of investment only to hear that your market is no longer relevant, sorry bad investment timing.
E
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by provfesor: 10:40am On Sep 11, 2013
I was at the Monday bible study when Pastor Kumuyi declined those tapes and CDs about someone going to heaven or hell.

His argument which the news did not include was that according to the account of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16:19-31, the rich man also begged that Lazarus should go back and tell his brothers about hell and heaven that they might repent but father Abraham denied that petition.

Particularly, Abraham (verse 29,30) pontificated that if they won't listen to the prophets here on earth, they wouldn't change even though someone rise from the dead to tell them.

Its all crystal clear from the scriptures. Even the bible says its appointed unto men to die once and after that is judgement. We shouldn't get decieved, enough of all these coming and going to heaven and hell.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by Davo93(m): 10:51am On Sep 11, 2013
Where is my friend Hollandis wink
Re: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On Sep 11, 2013
Omooba77:

Culled from PM NEWS
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/09/controversial-video-pastor-kumuyi-disowns-prophetess/

I pity the state of Nigeria that is being tossed to and fro by these jungle journalists. It seem the truth matters no more except for sensationalism and stretching the truth to straining dimensions.

Controversial Video: Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ print
Published on September 9, 2013 by · 63 Comments•Linda Ngaujah who claimed to have died and seen vision before coming back to life
•Linda Ngaujah who claimed to have died and seen vision before coming back to life

The picture posted in the link is not Linda Ngaujah but Nigerians, especially Nairalanders are not interested in facts so they wouldn't bother about that. Many haven't even listened to her testimony but they will be the ones to tell us what she is supposed to have said and we are supposed to take it as the gospel truth.

Pastor William Kumuyi, General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry has disowned the controversial videos of a ‘prophetess’ and others who claimed to have died, gone to heaven and came back to narrate their extra-terrestrial experience.
In the controversial videos being sold all over Nigeria, two women and a boy claimed they died, went to heaven and came back to narrate what they said God showed them.

Junk journalism. I believe Nigerian journalists can do better than this lazy job. What does it take for you to investigate how many people that have been sharing their testimonies of the afterlife? You say only 3 people, what happened to the likes of Michael Sambo who himself is/was a member of DL amongst a host of others who have been sharing their encounters with our Lord Jesus Christ? How would Pastor WFK disown what he didn't own in the first place? You are also wrong to claim that Linda is a prophetess.

One of such CDs is that of a Sierra Leonean woman, simply called Sister Linda Ngaujah. Linda said she died and was shown happenings in heaven and hell and that many of the members of a large church on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway are on their way to hell and that the founder of a leading church in Lagos should repent as he allegedly acquired his powers from the devil, saying that a Bishop of another large congregation and his members are not even recognised in heaven.

What stops you from naming the names she mentioned in her CD's, are you developing cold feet?

She added that women who used rubber and wool to plait their hair will go to hell as it is a sin and that the only way for people to be prepared for heaven is to go back to the old Deeper Life Bible Church’s method of dressing.

You are stretching the truth here. Linda didn't say that "the only way for people to be prepared for heaven is to go back to the old Deeper Life Bible Church's method of dressing" If you have the evidence bring it up.

The video CDs released by Linda is causing serious controversy in the church of God as some women in Deeper Life, who plait rubber hair have vowed never to do so again as they want to get to heaven.
Some female worshippers have even shaved their hair in one Christian Assembly in Ikorodu, saying that they don’t want to have anything to do with attachment as they want to get to heaven.

Where is the evidence, who are your witnesses?

Another person who claimed to have gone to heaven said she saw the late wife of Kumuyi, Biodun, in heaven and narrated her encounter there.

Lazy journalists! The least you can do is to get your facts right. It was a young man and not a woman that made the above narration.

Other CDs were released by Margaret Amure from Church of God Mission, who also claimed to have gone to heaven and another 10-year old boy from Edo, named Samuel.

Another porky produced from the factory of the grapevine. Margaret Amure wasn't a member of God Mission at the time of sharing here testimony. In one of my threads I mistakenly said that she was from God Mission and I guess you got your "fact" from that slip without doing your own research thus repeating my mistake. The boy named Samuel was reported to be 14 and not 10 as you have claimed. So much for your investigative journalism. (Nigeria we hail thee).

Reacting to this development on Sunday during the church service, Pastor Kumuyi warned members of his church not to have anything to do with such CDs as these are the last days where many people would come up with different things to deceive the church of God.

Can you provide the evidence of where Pastor WFK warned his members "not to have anything to do with such CDs"?

Kumuyi urged members of the church not to waste their money on such CDs, saying that the church should not rely on purported CDs of people who claimed to have gone to heaven to come back to produce CDs to sell to people narrating their encounter.
He referred to Linda’s CD which said people need to dress like Deeper Life to get to heaven, saying that “if you dress like Deeper Life without salvation and sanctification, will you get to heaven? These are the last days.”

Pastor WFK never mentioned any name neither did Linda say we need to dress like Deeper Life to get to heaven. Your audience are not particularly interested in the fact enough to find out the truth anyway.

The man of God emphasized that dressing like Deeper Life would not take anybody to heaven but that righteousness and holiness of heart are the keys to getting to the kingdom of God and warned members to desist from lwatching such CDs.

No one said that Dressing like DL will take you to heaven, get your facts right.

Kumuyi further said that one of the people who claimed to have gone to heaven said they saw Mummy Kumuyi in the kingdom of God, saying that he did not need such CD to know that his wife was in heaven and that the word of God has told us the criteria for getting to His kingdom.
According to him, such people were merely deceiving the people, saying that when Apostle Paul was translated to heaven and came back, he did not produce CDs about what he saw in heaven and began to sell them.
“When Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, Lazarus did not go about telling people that this was what he saw in heaven. We should rest on the word of God to tell us what we need to know about heaven and how to get there. How do you know that they have actually gone to heaven? These are the last days. Don’t waste your money on buying these CDs,” he stated.
—Kazeem Ugbodaga

Am I surprised that a Muslim would be this lazy journalist who wouldn't care about reporting the facts as he sees them but will only report the facts that suit his agenda and that of his benefactors? He also has an audience ready to gulp down any junk he reports because they wouldn't seek for details as their minds are already made up as to what they want to hear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts As Remi Tinubu Is Ordained As RCCG Pastor / Pastor Lesego Daniel Commands Gay Spirit To Enter Member (photos) / Pastor Chris Mocked For Claiming To Reach 5 Billion People Worldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.