Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? (1663 Views)

Ask A Retired Womanizer Any Question On Love, Sex & Marriage. / Refusing A Marriage Proposal Based On Religion? / What Questions Do You Ask Your Potential Partner On Your First Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by Bolaji4349(m): 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2006
I want to seek the members of nairaland forum on this topic, would you have a relationship with a partner that is not of same religion with you, say you re a christian and the other partner is a musilem? or would you choose your partner just b'cos of loving one another,
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by eveseh(f): 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2006
no i wont
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by uche1(m): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2006
i can go out with the person but not to marry
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by ikamefa(f): 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2006
based on love of course, can't marry a man if i don't love him, haven't u heard majek fasheks song: "religion na politicssssss". cheesy
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by t00cUTE(f): 2:50am On Apr 14, 2009
i can
my fiancee was a muslim but we broke up cos of d differnce in religion, he was a muslim and suddenly he wanted me 2 change and i refused. anyway we broke up and i still miss him everyday.
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by pinkylady1(f): 1:31pm On Apr 14, 2009
can never marry a muslim cos such a marriage will never end well,
and i will be denying my faith by marrying a muslim
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by yme1(f): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2009
cos of love
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by ladybam(f): 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2009
love of cos, religion ke
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by nethacker(m): 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2009
t00 cUTE:

i can
my fiancee was a muslim but we broke up cos of d differnce in religion, he was a muslim and suddenly he wanted me 2 change and i refused. anyway we broke up and i still miss him everyday.

u r talking like my ex girlfriend, We broke up over religious differences, We r the same xtian but different church, so so sad cos i miss her so much, better be wise.
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by sweetcoint(f): 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2009
t00 cUTE:

i can
YES i agree with u , my ex-boyfriend is a musilem and an army guy we broke up because of his religion and the nature of his job, by moving 4rm one place to another i cant marry such person even my mum was not in support of his proposal.i aslo miss him alot
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by AnthonyKil(m): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2009
I wil choose those whom are good in bed. period
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by ilosiwaju: 11:18am On Jun 26, 2009
lady bam:

love of cos, religion ke
seconded!
grin
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by dorleey(f): 11:27am On Jun 26, 2009
I cant marry a muslim cos of personal reasons but i'm not against people who do.
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by blissieng(f): 11:29am On Jun 26, 2009
why must it be one or the other?

why or who said we cant have both?

wont settle for less!
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by unfaded(m): 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2009
i've read all the posts.if you marry for love wot happens when u supposedly fall out of love-believe me it happens to all marriages, there would be a time when you wouldn't just feel your spouse.
i think i would love to get married to someone thats keys into my destiny, someone who would stand by me no matter my shortcomings or failures who would know when i say A the next is B.someone who see my potential, and would help bring out the best in me.
that is not to say love is not important, but understanding, communication should rank ahead of love. there are so many failed marriages because people get married at the slightest feel of love and divorce at the slightest of trials/turbulence.
my father is a muslim and my mum a christian, so i know the success ofa marriage isnt love or religion.it simply understanding. when u understand someone it would be easier for u to love them.
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by ReachRich(m): 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2009
Love covereth all.Love is the most important factor in marriage.All others like religion,tribe,physical features are secondary.
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 26, 2009
My dear, even Christians marrying Christians have issues. There are Roman catholics, Anglicans, Presbytarians, Seventh Day adventist, Jehovah's witnesses, etc and they still can't join in peace. Nothing is set in stone. I believe you should marry for concrete reasons, which your head and heart can decipher.
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by ReachRich(m): 10:08pm On Jun 26, 2009
Hi Ezinne u sound like an intelligent babe.
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by amebo22: 11:15pm On Jun 26, 2009
Not just religion self, language,job,features, all this and more would count cos if you plan to live with this person for the rest of you life you just might settle with things you can live with, if God willing we have kids which religion would they follow,today mosque tomorrow church, If I plan on marrying someone with a particular religion its either i follow him or he follows me. We have to settle for one , and not E.g. father ---pentecostal, mother---catholic

and
Children CONFUSED,
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by MissyB1(m): 11:17pm On Jun 26, 2009
Jenny?
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2009
Missy B:

Jenny?
LOL thats not her.
Look for amebo.1
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by MissyB1(m): 11:25pm On Jun 26, 2009
FL Gators:

LOL thats not her.
Look for amebo.1
Oops!! Ma bad!!
I found the post funny and thought only Jenny woulda written like that.
Tsup sweets? Off to hit the sheet, Night! kiss
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 26, 2009
LOL. who don give ya a bedtime? shocked
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by MissyB1(m): 11:32pm On Jun 26, 2009
You na!! tongue
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 26, 2009
eh ehn, you sure its not that italy man u left me for for that past 6 mons angry
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by oluclem(m): 11:43pm On Jun 26, 2009
It is true that Love covereth all sin, But are there real love without other factors?
Like: Religious, Money etc.

As for me, no matter where thta "LOVE" is coming from, if you're not a christian, I won't marry you,
Simple
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by TruMantra(m): 10:25am On Jun 27, 2009
Missy B! What's my pic doing in your profile?!?
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by Tudor6(f): 11:02am On Jun 27, 2009
Only a FOOL will dump the love of his life for a stupid thing like religion. . .be wise! smiley
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by MissyB1(m): 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2009
Tru Mantra:

Missy B! What's my pic doing in your profile?!?
Zkuse mii . . . .I was just trynna disport it. tongue
Re: Would You Choose A Partner On Religion Or On Love? by TruMantra(m): 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2009
Missy B:

Zkuse mii . . . .I was just trynna disport it. tongue

Hehe, in that case, I guess I better let you know that I look sooooo cute in your profile pic. grin shocked grin

Back to the topic though. I could date someone that practices a different religion (as long as it's not some far-off weird stuff) for fun, but when it comes time to settle down, I'm sticking to what I know. There are enough challenges already lined up for the "married". It doesn't make sense to add any more.

(1) (Reply)

Am On A Scale / The Great July Babies, Stand Up And Be Counted! / Help! Help! Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.