Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,432 members, 7,826,674 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? (20486 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / I Want Nigeria Back — Keshi / Teams You Would Want Nigeria To Face At The World Cup Group Stages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by arthgideon: 10:08am On Sep 11, 2013
None of the teams would be easy for Nigeria. But i would like Nigeria to play Egypt
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by Kelly6171: 11:19am On Sep 11, 2013
Anybody wey dem like make CAF gv us...Brazil here we come!
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by wayodude(m): 11:26am On Sep 11, 2013
Sep-13 rankings (CAF)
1 CIV 902
2 ghana 815
3 algeria 762
4 Cape V 739
5 nigeria 707
6 mali 704
7 egypt 611
8 burkina 607
9 cameroun586
10 tunisia 580
11 Senegal 534
12 SA 528
13 libya 520
14 zambia 515
15 sierra l 497
16 maroc 492
17 guinea 487
18 togo 486
19 Uganda 457
20 gabon 421
21 Angola 400
22 Benin 398
23 COD 392
24 congo 388
25 Ethiopia 386

Any of the unseeded teams can truncate our world cup dreams if we play rubbish in any of the 2 legs. Its all about clean sheets now, especially in the home leg. I am quietly confident regardless of who we get drawn with.

The cartoon stage has ended!
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by haibe(m): 11:33am On Sep 11, 2013
Krasid: Surprisingly, that's true.Nigeria has a very poor record against Cameroon.I wonder if they are extra- motivated anytime they play Nigeria, or we are just afraid of them.

Nigeria also had a poor record ivory coast until the afcon quater finals, so this is a new team, we don't fear nobody.

By the way i think we won camerron the last time we met in tunisia 2004, okocha and utaka scored for nigeria, eto scored for cameroon, it ended 2-1 in favour of naija.

We will win cameroon as long as hayattou no do ojoro for us, we have a better team than them, the only team i am scared of currently in africa is egypt.

But i still believe we can beat egypt, the egypt team is formed from two teams: zamalek and al-ahly and this two teams find it hard to beat one particular south african team: olando pirates, i want to believe nigeria is better that olando pirates.

Up NAIJA...bring any team for us, we are waiting.
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by franxalive(m): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2013
cheesy[color=#006600][/color]wow...dis is a sweet thread...as u cn see, hmm...our eagles ar redHOT...so we fear no foe!!!...so d question aught to b, wich team ar we gona displace as to seal our place @ da worldCUP...n not wich team do we prefa...wel as 4 me oo, hmm..i dnt c any team in d pot2 as a major threat...to dat effect, i prefa somtin worth doin training wit 4 our eagles...say SPAIN winkwow...dis is a sweet thread...as u cn see, hmm...our eagles ar redHOT...so we fear no foe!!!...so d question aught to b, wich team ar we gona displace as to seal our place @ da worldCUP...n not wich team do we prefa...wel as 4 me oo, hmm..i dnt c any team in d pot2 as a major threat...to dat effect, i prefa somtin worth doin training wit 4 our eagles...say SPAIN
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 11, 2013
manchy7531: What a great coincidence today.In the match played today between Nigeria and Burkina faso. Did you also notice this:

1st goal scored by Brown Ideye 23 mins.

2nd goal scored by Brown Ideye 43 mins.

3rd goal scored by Shola Ameobi 53mins.

4th goal scored by Emmanuel Emenike 63mins!

Goal difference 4-1 =3goals

Extra time added on 3mins.

GREAT COINCIDENCE!!
maybe cos 9ja would turn 53..
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by IYANGBALI: 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
even if we no win,fever go smuggle naija go world cup,he easy to be african champion?
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by Yusluv77(m): 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
I will go for FIFA
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
haibe: We can play any team including egypt but we don't want egypt because of what their fans are like, if we win them in their home they can throw fires or bombs or tear gases at our players, they are so aggresive and hate loss, they may harm nigeria fans too, i don't like those arabs. I watched one of their local league where they rioted killing themselves, we don't want them abeg even if am sure we can beat them.

So give me ethiopia, or senegeal, i know hayattou issa won't try plotting us with cameroon, he won't want his country's world cup dream to be battered.
Heyy we senegalese don't want to face Nigeria-CIV-GHANA. We'd rather have Cape verde or Algeria, I know we can win against these
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by emmanuel4758(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
wayodude: Sep-13 rankings (CAF)
1 CIV 902
2 ghana 815
3 algeria 762
4 Cape V 739
5 nigeria 707
6 mali 704
7 egypt 611
8 burkina 607
9 cameroun586
10 tunisia 580
11 Senegal 534
12 SA 528
13 libya 520
14 zambia 515
15 sierra l 497
16 maroc 492
17 guinea 487
18 togo 486
19 Uganda 457
20 gabon 421
21 Angola 400
22 Benin 398
23 COD 392
24 congo 388
25 Ethiopia 386

Any of the unseeded teams can truncate our world cup dreams if we play rubbish in any of the 2 legs. Its all about clean sheets now, especially in the home leg. I am quietly confident regardless of who we get drawn with.

The cartoon stage has ended!
u dey craze man d draw na tomorow and fifa go first cm out before regional...just upgrade ur fuckin sense
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by Rossikk(m): 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
GamaG: is like u don't want Nigeria to go to Brazil next year. Tell me which of those ceded teams is better than Egypt? Pray Nigeria shud not even meet them or av u 4goten what happened last time?

You seem to be stuck in 2006 or whatever. Egypt is nowhere near the level they were a few years ago. You need to keep up with current African football.
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by modextus(m): 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
thiendella:
Heyy we senegalese don't want to face Nigeria-CIV-GHANA. We'd rather have Cape verde or Algeria, I know we can win against these
be careful what you wish for cape verde ain't beans grin
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by Jarus(m): 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
Rossikk:

You seem to be stuck in 2006 or whatever. Egypt is nowhere near the level they were a few years ago. You need to keep up with current African football.

No matter how bad they have become, Egypt still remain a danger. They won Nigeria 3-1 last meeting in AFCON. They are also the only African team that have defeated Eagles since Keshi took over (friendly in Dubai late last year I think).

I fear Egypt.

Moreso that they are also rebuilding and to have come this far, with players like Mohammed Salah and co. Also, they also play free flowing football like Nigeria, so, like an European opposition, they will be a tough nut for us.
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by Calebosko(m): 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

Bums

You guys paid that Ivorian Keeper to let that ball go through his hands in the Afcon

Foh...

It was so obvious

Anyway, I dislike the Nigerian Flag and Color Scheme, I feel like i am rooting for Saudi Arabia

grin
Alyricist★Laura:

Bums

You guys paid that Ivorian Keeper to let that ball go through his hands in the Afcon

Foh...

It was so obvious

Anyway, I dislike the Nigerian Flag and Color Scheme, I feel like i am rooting for Saudi Arabia

Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by ladenz(m): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
El Guapo: Aren't we playing to be the best?

In essence, if we wanna be the best in Africa, we have to square up and beat the best in Africa.

Egypt or Cameroon or Senegal, Just bring 'em on we're Nigerians cool

why are you whispering? and btw hablas espanol. sabes que significa el guapo?
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
modextus: be careful what you wish for cape verde ain't beans grin
I know right grin , but I prefer to face Algeria since they have many french born players just as we do or Cape verde, not strong individualities , but they have fighting spirit and patriotism. CIV-GHANA-NIGERIA are too experimented for us two win two games away from home (our stadium is suspended)
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by wayodude(m): 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
emmanuel4758: u dey craze man d draw na tomorow and fifa go first cm out before regional...just upgrade ur fuckin sense

see this transvestite o?? shocked your fadaaa!!!

when the rankings are done tomorrow compare it to what i have posted here and come and tell me the difference..eeeedioitic moronic imbecilic rodent like you

There is too much foolishness in Nigeria and amongst Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by imperiouxx(m): 5:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
thiendella:
I know right grin , but I prefer to face Algeria since they have many french born players just as we do or Cape verde, not strong individualities , but they have fighting spirit and patriotism. CIV-GHANA-NIGERIA are too experimented for us two win two games away from home (our stadium is suspended)

I'm really happy that other Africans are scared of the name Nigeria Super Eagles now. I thought some Africans called them super chicken few months ago? I want a bias fixing in such a way that we face Ghana and clear their eyes off that world cup dream.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

I'm really happy that other Africans are scared of the name Nigeria Super Eagles now. I thought some Africans called them super chicken few months ago? I want a bias fixing in such a way that we face Ghana and their eyes off that world cup dream.

It's likely that both Naija and Ghana will be in the same pot (seeded teams), so they won't face each other. However, all that could change by tomorrow's ranking, because Ghana lost to Japan yesterday; while Nigeria beat Burkina Faso.
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by enlady(f): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Afritop: As far as I am concerned, I am yet to see a world cup qualifier that is easy for the eagles
on point
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by imperiouxx(m): 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
CFCfan:

It's likely that both Naija and Ghana will be in the same pot (seeded teams), so they won't face each other. However, all that could change by tomorrow's ranking, because Ghana lost to Japan yesterday; while Nigeria beat Burkina Faso.

Let the ranking changed and we show them that dog doesn't celebrate leopard's starvation.
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by sampitts(m): 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
At a GAY wedding between 2 men , the priest was
confused as to how to declared them as husband
and wife .After a long silence he said ''I pronounce
you as ''Man United''

1 Like

Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by achimotan(m): 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

Let the ranking changed and we show them that dog doesn't celebrate leopard's starvation.

Be careful what you wish for
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by imperiouxx(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
achimotan:

Be careful what you wish for

lolz. And you thought they can beat us with this their pathetic form?

1 Like

Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by Bidvest2020: 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
CFCfan:

what a great match that will be. that is my prayer. seeding or no seeding, God please give us Nigeria! hahahahahahaha blablabla all we hear is that the nigerian team is not like before blablabla how do you prove that other than playing a team that had dominated you for the last seven years? Me I will go for Ghana v. Nigeria any day. and the winner is ................. as usual hahahahahaha Let me see you guys hit the Like button if you want a Ghana v Nigeria matchup!

1 Like

Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by Bidvest2020: 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

I'm really happy that other Africans are scared of the name Nigeria Super Eagles now. I thought some Africans called them super chicken few months ago? I want a bias fixing in such a way that we face Ghana and clear their eyes off that world cup dream.
deep down you know that is not what you want,huh? I'll go ahead and book my flight to Brazil the moment Ghana is drawn with Nigeria. hahahahaha that's what most folks in Ghana are hoping for because playing Nigeria won't be a new thing. Most of the current Ghanaian players have played Nigeria in the past and won so they have a huge psychological boost
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by shattman(m): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
There is this site that has more news in football and its a nigerian site https://www.goalins.com
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by Kingmanny88(m): 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
Jarus: 10 Qualified Countries:

1, Burkina Faso
2, Cape Verde
3, Senegal
4, Ivory Coast
5, Ethiopia
6, Nigeria
7, Ghana
8, Egypt
9, Algeria
10, Cameroon

Top 5 by FIFA August ranking (not likely to change in September)
1, CIV
2, Ghana
3, Algeria
4, Nigeria
5, Cape Verde
(NB: Mali are actually #3, but they didn't make it to this final round of 10)

The Top 5 above, who will be seeded, will take on these five in the second pot

6, Ethiopia
7, Senegal
8, Egypt
9, Burkina Faso
10, Cameroon

Now, which of these 5 do you think will be easiest for Eagles?

For me, the easiest should be Ethiopia, followed by Burkina Faso. These two are done deals, once we draw them.

The one I dread most is Egypt. Forget about their poor form in recent years, these boys are dangerous, especially on home soil.

Between Cameroun and Senegal, I also prefer Senegal. Senegal are our wives and even with Demba Ba, Mousa Sow, Papiss Cisse and co, I see Eagles pulling through. Cameroun are fighters, I don't pray we meet them.

So here is the order I prefer against Eagles

1, Ethiopia
2, Burkina Faso
3, Senegal
4, Cameroun
5, Egypt

Burkina Faso is actually ranked higher than Cape Verde.......do check the table again.
Nice and insightful analysis by the way.
Re: Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? by imperiouxx(m): 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
Bidvest2020: deep down you know that is not what you want,huh? I'll go ahead and book my flight to Brazil the moment Ghana is drawn with Nigeria. hahahahaha that's what most folks in Ghana are hoping for because playing Nigeria won't be a new thing. Most of the current Ghanaian players have played Nigeria in the past and won so they have a huge psychological boost

And that's where the problem lays. People look at old form forgetting that nothing remains this same. In the past like you said, Nigeria also beat Ghana + the current crushing effects of the Super Eagles....... Sky is their limit.

This is why it will be so intriguing if we were drew together..... Current form supersedes all. Ghana qualified to this stage by a whisker.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC / Arsenal To Sign Nwakali Chukwueze Nigeria Under 17 Starlets / Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.