Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians (13509 Views)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) / Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Vanityupnvanity(m): 11:41am On Sep 12, 2013
Emmyk:
what is this one saying? undecided Kwara is a yoruba state. 'Not in North'. Forget the geopolitical zone.
You can hardly see hausas in Ilorin, save fulanis who now speak yoruba impeccably. They call 'em GAA. cheesy
dont mean it pls, if u rili mean it den change the traditional rulership in ilorin 4rm emir 2 oba.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Blessfausty: 11:41am On Sep 12, 2013
Na waooooo
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Expensive72(m): 11:44am On Sep 12, 2013
Let Yoruba Christians keep shouting" we are one,no religious difference" while their Muslim counterpart keep subjugating& relegating them to the background. I hope It will not be too late before they realise what is happening.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Vanityupnvanity(m): 11:45am On Sep 12, 2013
Real sign of end time tins, all others na fake
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 12, 2013
Easyfren: Don't let Fulani man hear you. If Kwara is south west, why can't the Yorubas produce an Oba instead of eternal Emir of Ilorin? If you did'nt know, Kwara is North Central.

Kwara doesn't refer to only Ilorin...Mumu
Other parts of kwara have Oba as their leaders.

By the way, Emirate leadership indicates an Islamic leadership and not Hausa/Fulani Leadership. This is so in Ilorin Cos, Ilorin Indigenes are 95% Muslims....
Although due to migration and all that, the ratio of Christianity to Islam among Ilorin Residents is roughly 50:50.
And really, all these shout of Emirate slavery, Saraki Slavery etc in Ilorin is purely political. Ilorin Indigenes couldn't care less! No one is bothered about anything, because no one feel enslaved......
Ilorin is a very cool, serene, clean and beautiful city that I really like.

Afterall said, Ilorin and Kwara as a whole is a yoruba city and state respectively (though there are minorities just like everyother state in Nigeria).

Have stayed in Ilorin for 4 years now and I have not heard any other language from any one, but Yoruba (well except Suya sellers; which is like that everywhere else). The North central is just the geographical location.
Besides, Kwara was part of western Nigeria during Regionalism....before they splitted everywhere in Geopolitical zones whatever!

1 Like

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Expensive72(m): 11:52am On Sep 12, 2013
Hamazz1: you are a fool.
grin grin grin grin grin watin I do u naa?
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Abeyjide: 11:53am On Sep 12, 2013
kaze4blues: Useless people.

Issuing threats in a muslim-dominated states.

So appointments should base on religion and not merits again?

Bad examples

Guy man,wen sometin is wrong,its means is wrong.in a state like kwara,d state govt needs to consider d christian and muslim in der appointment. Let say 40 - 50 percent vice versal.wen u ave sometin like dis,d state wil evenly develop unlike d dumy situation of d state we are experiencing now.imagine d dumy people in d legislative arm of d state assembly.beta tins are der for dem to do,dey are busy changing kwasu to individuals name.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by bleachalhaji: 11:57am On Sep 12, 2013
Yorubas are the only tribe in Nigeria that is yet to get their independent fully,they re still the only tribe been ruled by outsiders no oba in ilorin grin you people should call oladipo diya to fight over this as new aree onakakanfo of Yoruba land grin grin grin cheesy grin grin embarassed grin
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 12, 2013
LU-PUNNY Media:

Kwara doesn't refer to only Ilorin...Mumu
Other parts of kwara have Oba as their leaders.

By the way, Emirate leadership indicates an Islamic leadership and not Hausa/Fulani Leadership. This is so in Ilorin Cos, Ilorin Indigenes are 95% Muslims....
Although due to migration and all that, the ratio of Christianity to Islam among Ilorin Residents is roughly 50:50.
And really, all these shout of Emirate slavery, Saraki Slavery etc in Ilorin is purely political. Ilorin Indigenes couldn't care less! No one is bothered about anything, because no one feel enslaved......
Ilorin is a very cool, serene, clean and beautiful city that I really like.

Afterall said, Ilorin and Kwara as a whole is a yoruba city and state respectively (though there are minorities just like everyother state in Nigeria).

Have stayed in Ilorin for 4 years now and I have not heard any other language from any one, but Yoruba (well except Suya sellers; which is like that everywhere else). The North central is just the geographical location.
Besides, Kwara was part of western Nigeria during Regionalism....before they splitted everywhere in Geopolitical zones whatever!

Wao! I like this post and I will save it to repost later on.
Its good to always hear things from the perspective of an ordinary resident and not some shiitty political propaganda views. Thanks for this post smiley
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by micdmic: 11:58am On Sep 12, 2013
sorry for Nigeria.kwara state is divided into central,north and south,central is 99.9% muslim,north is 99.9%muslim and south is 80%muslim,so from d percentage you can see that kwara is a muslim dominated state,so i think d government is more than fair in the appointments given to non muslim.are the muslims complaining in Ekiti,they shouldn't cos they know its a christian dominated state,so CAN should please leave Kwara out of this.Kwara is a state that respects every religion.

1 Like

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by doconair: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
will those castigating this man keep mute.you better face your work and think of eternal life.stop this trash because it might lead you to hell.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by eleluabdulsalam(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
lekanolas: The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, yesterday gave Kwara State Government a seven-day ultimatum to redress alleged general discrimination against Christians or face its wrath.

The state CAN Chairman, Rev. James Folaranmi, who issued the ultimatum at a press conference, complained of discriminations against his members in the areas of political appointments, education and some others.

For example, Folaranmi said out of 146 key political positions in the state, only 29 were for Christians, which he said amounted to 10 per cent whereas the Christians “form about 50 per cent of qualified personnel, using every parameter”.

According to the CAN chairman, the governor, the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Head of Service, Chief of Staff, chairman, Teaching Service Commission, Primary Education Board, SUBEB, heads of tertiary institutions in the state, all secretaries, treasurers and the directors of personnel in all the 16 local governments are all Muslims.

He also said there were only five Christian commissioners in the state while chairmen of the boards of agencies nominated from the state were Muslims, adding that the head of the State Civil Service Commission and three other members were also Muslims.

Folaranmi also said the recent ‘selection’ of chairmanship, vice-chairmanship and councillorship candidates for 15 local governments by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the October council polls was grossly one-sided. He said out of 21 permanent secretaries, seven were Christians, while others were Muslims.

This, according to him, also applies to the directorates of Personnel and Management, Finance and Supply in all the ministries The CAN chairman accused the government of forcing Muslim board members on the Teaching Service Commission to effect transfer and promotion of Christian teachers to suit their own will, even in schools owned by Christians and voluntary organisations. He said: “Out of 41 government- owned secondary schools, there is only one principal who is a Christian.

“The rector of the polytechnic, the provosts of the three colleges of education and the vice-chancellor of the state university, including the two schools of nursing and the school of technology, Offa, whose heads are all Muslims.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/alleged-marginalisation-can-gives-kwara-seven-day-ultimatum/
this can whatever most be tryin 2 cause anoder religion unrest 4 kwara state,a muslim dominated state,demandin 4 rubish,diz man is nt settin a good example 4 his follower.....mtchew
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Shine1177: 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
fagbalex:

am so so sorry for you. so is it how your brain dey think. this people you're mentioning go to there house majority of there wives are xtians, the governor of kwara, oyo, lagos even the tinubu that you hate his wife is a xtian. in yoruba land there is no any form of discrimination or sentiment. in kwara you mentioned, majority of kwarans are Muslims. almost 70percent are Muslim and they're politically active so the appointment can't be equal, or did you expect them to share appointment 50:50. abeg parkwell joh.

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE XTIAN. IT IS CHRISTIAN! LEARN TO TYPE THE CHRIST and i think fellow brethren in Christ should stop making the same mistake. Jesus is the Christ and we are Christians not Xtians. Please note the "X" is negative.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Slowvenom(m): 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
Pslam 23 is my qoaut.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
Austine.E:
...really religion shldnt be a parameter for appointments but having said this,it is imperative to state that muslims,especially south-west muslims are always quick to argue that their people dont put religion in whatever they do!but they systematically relegate their christian brothers to the backyard in all political affairs,they critize fellow yorubas who are men of God eg TB joshua,Oyedepo,Adeboye etc at every slightest misunderstanding while always supporting and praising their muslim folks,you hardly hear them critisize yoruba sheiks,Imams or Alfas...Yoruba christians shld wake up from their slumber and see the hand-writing on the wall!There is a grand design by the political muslim class to subjugate them,watch how they muslims have dominated every aspect of the yoruba society while they the christians keep following them sheepishly under the guise of progressives.Look at lagos state,i dare a yoruba christian to vie for the governorship position or are they less intelligent,'self-deception is the worst form of deception',shine your eyes!!!APC are now gradually bringing out political actors for the next governorship election and i can tell you that almost all are muslims or are they christians in that region dumbooos without political ambition,thanks to Tinubu and his evil cohorts...christians must face reality or keep on fooling around...muslims are encouraged through their teachings to dominate their environment and must nt allow infidels(christians,atheists,Jews etc)to govern them even if life will be better under such government!so who is deceiving who?

Well said bro. U'r thinking.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by kaze4blues(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
Austine.E:
...really religion shldnt be a parameter for appointments but having said this,it is imperative to state that muslims,especially south-west muslims are always quick to argue that their people dont put religion in whatever they do!but they systematically relegate their christian brothers to the backyard in all political affairs,they critize fellow yorubas who are men of God eg TB joshua,Oyedepo,Adeboye etc at every slightest misunderstanding while always supporting and praising their muslim folks,you hardly hear them critisize yoruba sheiks,Imams or Alfas...Yoruba christians shld wake up from their slumber and see the hand-writing on the wall!There is a grand design by the political muslim class to subjugate them,watch how they muslims have dominated every aspect of the yoruba society while they the christians keep following them sheepishly under the guise of progressives.Look at lagos state,i dare a yoruba christian to vie for the governorship position or are they less intelligent,'self-deception is the worst form of deception',shine your eyes!!!APC are now gradually bringing out political actors for the next governorship election and i can tell you that almost all are muslims or are they christians in that region dumbooos without political ambition,thanks to Tinubu and his evil cohorts...christians must face reality or keep on fooling around...muslims are encouraged through their teachings to dominate their environment and must nt allow infidels(christians,atheists,Jews etc)to govern them even if life will be better under such government!so who is deceiving who?

Go back to your village and preach this ur comment to ur clueless leaders.

People like u are agents of division...no room for u in yorubaland.

In the SW,

Only 2 governors are pure muslims, aregbesola and mimiko.

Only 2 govnors are pure christians, fayemi and ibikule amosun.

Fashola and ajimobi are muslims by backgroung but they both have christian wifes.

So where did u get ur own facts from that christians are been relegated in SW.

U see ur life?
Pathetic fool!
Yorubas are sophisticated indeed!
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
micdmic: sorry for Nigeria.kwara state is divided into central,north and south,central is 99.9% muslim,north is 99.9%muslim and south is 80%muslim,so from d percentage you can see that kwara is a muslim dominated state,so i think d government is more than fair in the appointments given to non muslim.are the muslims complaining in Ekiti,they shouldn't cos they know its a christian dominated state,so CAN should please leave Kwara out of this.Kwara is a state that respects every religion.

U sound so unintelligent with d figures u quoted. Even in Borno state, no zone has 99.9% muslims, not to talk of Kwara.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by zebra(m): 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
anex4real: No you are wrong seventy percent of kwara state are yorubas am from kwara so I know.
It still doesn't change the fact that kwara state is in the north central, and a member state of the 19 northern states. Past and present governors have been very active members of northern governors forum. Or does kwara state governor attend south-west governors forum meeting? The state from what i know comprises of the yoruba tribe as majority, and other smaller tribes like bussa, gambari and fulani.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by kaze4blues(m): 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: ur brain is inside ur d1ck abi?

If my brain is inside my dick, it means viable offsprings will come out of me.

Your brain is under your feet. And that's why u fail to comprehend what I posted.

Get a better life
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
kaze4blues:

In the SW,

Fashola and ajimobi are muslims by backgroung but they both have christian wifes.

U see ur life?
Pathetic fool!

So now, how many muslim governors? 2 or 4?
Even wen d handwriting on d wall is clear, some ppl still cannot see.
From d figures quoted by d CAN chairman, it's obvious Christians in Kwara state have little or no say in d state's governance. It's very bad.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by mubalex50(m): 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
Kingspin: Christians view satan as their enemies but Muslims view them as one. This guys brainwash and incitement statement they got them, and even more dnt allow any other to operate or compete with them worldwide. The next person to kill or attack is always a christian why?. A set of people that could point gun at you to convert to islam or you die, you can understand better now. If Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him is still among mulisms today many reforms must have taken place. We cant continue to exist in the past. You imagine, a world led by Iran, Taliban and co and the fear of human right & freedom to other faiths. No faith is seen perfect but reality make the different.No spiritual leader should mislead us to achieve and sult religion private gain .Free yourself people. Religion is a personal thing. Tell ur brothers to take up education(Reform) today is not a Western thing. Stop killing your people who are willing to go to school up Malala. The likes of Qatar's are making waves due to education.
man, I hav jst 2 question 4 u.
1} D first bomb last took place @wia?, Who are d people behind & what was dia motive?.
2) All d global or civil war caused by wich people?. Pls b sincere wit ur respond, back it up wit reference.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Bsmartt(m): 12:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
CAN must be analytical before concluding some salient National and cultural issues I our there country.I know kwara to be about 80% Muslims. How on heart do you want such State to share everything 50-50? To be sincere Muslims are very very accommodating. I am writing this with my honest mind as a concern Nigerian. peace
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by doconair: 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
kaze4blues:

In the SW,

U see ur life?
Pathetic fool!
You need salvation
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by zebra(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
micdmic: sorry for Nigeria.kwara state is divided into central,north and south,central is 99.9% muslim,north is 99.9%muslim and south is 80%muslim,so from d percentage you can see that kwara is a muslim dominated state,so i think d government is more than fair in the appointments given to non muslim.are the muslims complaining in Ekiti,they shouldn't cos they know its a christian dominated state,so CAN should please leave Kwara out of this.Kwara is a state that respects every religion.
Take it easy with ur statistics. Even muslim dominated countries like syria, egypt, saudi arabia, iraq etc. would not make such claims. Pls reduce the figure small; 99.9% is not ok here.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by kaze4blues(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: keep lying to yourself ..ah ah ....

there are 30.000 Nigerians refuges living in Camps here grin grin grin

Nigerians living in cameroun?

Rotflmao!

Those nigerians are fools for living in such a shit-hole country called cameroon.

I rather remain in nigeria than travel t reside in any other countries in africa.

Cameroon of all places. I even prefer ghana to that your useless cameroon.

1 Like

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by kaze4blues(m): 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
doc on air: You need salvation

It is you that need to delivery from delusion and derangement
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Ustec: 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
Very funny man...like muslims should dominate all the political post in anambra....

3 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Akanbi1509(m): 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
See two mumundus, ODE!!!
Expensive72: wink winkThanks man for correcting me... wink wink
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by zebra(m): 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
LU-PUNNY Media
Besides, Kwara was part of western Nigeria during Regionalism....before they splitted everywhere in Geopolitical zones whatever! @poster: Bros i disagree with this part of ur epistle. U may need to read ur history and geography books again. The area called KWARA state today has always been part of the north. Even when nigeria had just 3 regions, kwara was in the northern region.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Akanbi1509(m): 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
Thank u my brother or say like AKWA IBOM. ODE GBOGBO
Ustec: Very funny man...like muslims should dominate all the political post in anambra....
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Vado(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
Why not focus on the message and not the messenger? This man has voiced out the apparent inequalities of how Christians are being marginalized and discriminated in this state and yet some fools are busy yarning dust.

These are verifiable statistics so if you are indeed true to yourselves and not just some bunch of bigoted hypocrites you would try to reason with these facts without sentiments. Someone was even mentioning the current governor having a Christian wife. So what Is that the reason qualified Christians are being fenced out of appointments?

So you people would rather CAN just live in denial that there is a problem of marginalization in the state just to proof to you that they are meek and true Christians? That's foolishless dawg and the time is up for that. Cracks me up when they say Kwara is a muslim dominated state. Oh pls, foh with that baseless assertion. You can say that for Ilorin but the state as a whole is even between the two religions.

From the military era till 1999, Christians held many important positions in the state. Don't know if I should attribute that to the fact that there were a lot of educated Christian professionals then when some other people were busy doing Aleef, Ba, Ta in their worship places and didn't want to embrace western education or because the military-led govt then weren't sentimental in their appointments and they only wanted those who could deliver. Whichever it is, I'm glad CAN is stepping up to the plate and they now know what time it is. You are dealing with people who subjugate, kill you softly & still accuse you of intolerance when you express your discomfort. Dodos!!!
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by yoged(m): 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
Thats one of the problem in Ilorin. There are some fanatics and babaric muslim in Ilorin.. Its always hard for u to get a state job in Ilorin if u aint a muslim or not from Ilorin. Same things in university of Ilorin as well. Its in 2 group. Muslim lecturers on a side and xtian lecturers on anoda side. Very annoying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ajimobi Hosts The Olubadan Designate, Adetunji At His Office Ahead Of Coronation / Full List Of All The Real Oil Block Owners In Nigeria. / Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.