Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians (13507 Views)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) / Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Hearme(m): 12:29am On Sep 13, 2013
Same reason Prof Obaleye could not become the VC of Unilorin. Vet. Medicine dept was created in other to bring Prof Ambali from FUT YOLA to become a VC in Ilorin.

even though that is a federal institution. Its even worse that you don't just have to be a Muslim, you must belong to the emirate family to head certain positions.

Not until we do away with tribalism, religion, regionalization and other things that separates us, this nation will keep crawling rather than progressing fast.

1 Like

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by zebra(m): 12:58am On Sep 13, 2013
LU-PUNNY Media:

Maybeyou should google it. Or check Wikipedia. No time to educate
I just used Google now and wikipedia is saying that kwara state was one of the states that was created out of the defunct northern region by Gen. Gowon, along side benue-plateau state, kano state, north central state, north east state, north west state in 1967. Thank u sir.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by harjiboyede: 12:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Mustay:

So your sample population is 100% valid right It serves as the test-statistic for the whole Muslim population in this world

Mschewww

I hate bigotry.

I used to say "Religion & Ignorance is a terrible mix worse than vodka" but with mischief added to it, it's a disaster for the zombies!

"There are only two types of people in this world; the good who do good deeds and the bad who do bad - that's all. There's no other difference".
70% muslim? U lie!
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by harjiboyede: 1:22am On Sep 13, 2013
micdmic: sorry for Nigeria.kwara state is divided into central,north and south,central is 99.9% muslim,north is 99.9%muslim and south is 80%muslim,so from d percentage you can see that kwara is a muslim dominated state,so i think d government is more than fair in the appointments given to non muslim.are the muslims complaining in Ekiti,they shouldn't cos they know its a christian dominated state,so CAN should please leave Kwara out of this.Kwara is a state that respects every religion.
Oga nimc whr did u get ds ur statistical values frm. Liar!
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by harjiboyede: 1:33am On Sep 13, 2013
soyad: Even university of Ilorin has been turned into an islamic school , muslims and kwarans are considered first before any other , no matter your score .My daughter who scored 72 per cent last year was not admitted while candidates who scored 53 per cent were admitted either because they were kwarans or muslims . In a fair game , her name should have been on the merit list .
vry true
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by lertee(f): 1:37am On Sep 13, 2013
The majori of people writing here do not even know the road to kwara therefore they base there arguments on hearsays. As far as Nigeria is concerned,the act of “let our boy hold this post” will never stop.
If I am a yoruba and I go to the east,it is not possible that hold any position there no matter how long I have stayed,if I am a muslim and I find myself in a place where I am a minority,I do not have to expect anything high from that region.
This is how it works in Nigeria,it has been in existence even before we were born. Therefore this CAN man can like to keep his opinion to himself and stop breeding religion intolerance,nigeria has had enough.

1 Like

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by ziccoit: 3:42am On Sep 13, 2013
Austine.E:
...really religion shldnt be a parameter for appointments but having said this,it is imperative to state that muslims,especially south-west muslims are always quick to argue that their people dont put religion in whatever they do!but they systematically relegate their christian brothers to the backyard in all political affairs,they critize fellow yorubas who are men of God eg TB joshua,Oyedepo,Adeboye etc at every slightest misunderstanding while always supporting and praising their muslim folks,you hardly hear them critisize yoruba sheiks,Imams or Alfas...Yoruba christians shld wake up from their slumber and see the hand-writing on the wall!There is a grand design by the political muslim class to subjugate them,watch how they muslims have dominated every aspect of the yoruba society while they the christians keep following them sheepishly under the guise of progressives.Look at lagos state,i dare a yoruba christian to vie for the governorship position or are they less intelligent,'self-deception is the worst form of deception',shine your eyes!!!APC are now gradually bringing out political actors for the next governorship election and i can tell you that almost all are muslims or are they christians in that region dumbooos without political ambition,thanks to Tinubu and his evil cohorts...christians must face reality or keep on fooling around...muslims are encouraged through their teachings to dominate their environment and must nt allow infidels(christians,atheists,Jews etc)to govern them even if life will be better under such government!so who is deceiving who?

Because churches are business centers where people go to buy and sell at exorbitant prices. They also seen more aligned with corrupt government officials who are stealing us dry.

1 Like

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by AustineE1: 6:50am On Sep 13, 2013
ziccoit:

Because churches are business centers where people go to buy and sell at exorbitant prices. They also seen more aligned with corrupt government officials who are stealing us dry.
...and i guess all this award winning corrupticians in Nigeria are christians,Tinubu,IBB,Abacha,Buhari,Adedebo(late strong man of ibadan politics),Atiku,Umaru Dikko,FaCrook Lawal and a million and more others...like you said,churches are business centers but i think i will prefer a 'business center for Christ' than the worship place that has its reputation built on terrorist-breeding and where all sort of arms are stock piled!dont forget the mess they got us in,through their boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 13, 2013
kaze4blues, who told you kwara is dominated by muslims, the president said it all, you cant imagine how difficult a person whose name is 'john or emmanuel' to get a good job compared to abdul fatai or rukayat. Is that domination or colonisation. GOD WILL DEFINITELY FIGHT FOR US!
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Rexyl(m): 8:37am On Sep 13, 2013
These leaders are powerful today and the way best known to some of them is biting the fingers that fed them. Some of them attended mission schools to receive western education that made them relevant in the society, and what they are today. Now it is worrisome how some of them determine to rule out the path that showed light to their lives. These leaders should learn to be appreciative, and grant everyone of similar qualification equal opportunity without sentiments on religion.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Wadeoye(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2013
unmask: When I saw the topic, I was thinking it was a case of church harassment or something..... But for CAN to issue a threat based on political appointment that's just low.... Show me your leaders and I will tell you who you are.... What is a xtians business supposed to be in politics?.... Couldn't CAN have prayed for intervention?..... It seems most of this leaders will tell us to pray, while they know it won't work..... CAN if ur right hand will cause you to sin cut it off..... And I am sure I don't have to talk about the evils of politics

They want their own share of government money... Think about it, the more xtians you have in juicy positions stealing public money, the more tithe the churches will receive weekly. The man knows what he is doing... I am sure he is a pastor in one of the churches in Kwara state.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by AustineE1: 10:58am On Sep 13, 2013
Wadeoye:

They want their own share of government money... Think about it, the more xtians you have in juicy positions stealing public money, the more tithe the churches will receive weekly. The man knows what he is doing... I am sure he is a pastor in one of the churches in Kwara state.
..but i think its better using the stolen money for tithes,which is the reason you ve good christian private universities,high class missionary medical centers,missionary schools with great repute and of course employment to our numerous unemployed pilots,by way of private jets...compare it to when muslims loots public fund and takes it to their Imams,Alfas,Ulamas and sheiks,this money is quickly channeled into terrorism,importation of arms,sponsorship of youths to Iran,Yemen,Libya,sudan etc for training for terrorism,Jihadism and bomb making!for this reasons,we need more christians in positions of authority for Nigeria to be better.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by fagbalex(m): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
Austine.E:

..but i think its better using the stolen money for tithes,which is the reason you ve good christian private universities,high class missionary medical centers,missionary schools with great repute and of course employment to our numerous unemployed pilots,by way of private jets...compare it to when muslims loots public fund and takes it to their Imams,Alfas,Ulamas and sheiks,this money is quickly channeled into terrorism,importation of arms,sponsorship of youths to Iran,Yemen,Libya,sudan etc for training for terrorism,Jihadism and bomb making!for this reasons,we need more christians in positions of authority for Nigeria to be better.

your eye is closed and it will never open till eternity. how dare you quote Muslim clerics. they are now pastors that exploit there people to enrich themselves making them to leave in a poverty riddle level. the school they build that there church numbers can't afford. you must be a rascal boy. nonsense
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Msgamble: 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
fagbalex:

your eye is closed and it will never open till eternity. how dare you quote Muslim clerics. they are now pastors that exploit there people to enrich themselves making them to leave in a poverty riddle level. the school they build that there church numbers can't afford. you must be a rascal boy. nonsense
imagine this 'bitter'-boy, as a C.A.C member if i want to school at JABU i would pay 25% less school fees than non member,what are u saying?..stolen money for tithe for uni,hospital is better than terrorism n jihad(lyk iran n saudi,qatar gov. are doing in syria), towel head
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Msgamble: 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
Stolen money -for tithe used for building Uni,hospital for better lyf is far better than using for terrorism n arm smuggling to kill to fellow kins n cause destruction
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Stlatyv(m): 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Kwara is a Christian state...Fulani & co should crawl back to their backward Futa jalon grin grin grin
na ur fada colonaise am,wey make am christian state. Make dem try go 4 governorship post? Nd they wil surely discova tru history they ar foreignas nd nt indigene.
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Stlatyv(m): 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: ur brain is inside ur d1ck abi?
insyd where ur own dey? Find ur origin bro?
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Stlatyv(m): 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: did u make or census?
u Fulani/northerners are always counting your cows, sheep, goats.. are they also moslems?
apart 4rm omuaran gyv me two oda christian dominated area 4 kwara state? I jst hope ya papa money is nt waste
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Stlatyv(m): 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2013
[quote author=CAMEROONPRIDE] did u make or census?
u Fulani/northerners are always counting your cows, sheep, goats.. are they also moslems?[/quote". Na ur papa house sir micheal otedola was a governor ba nt lagos or na ur house na d lyks of micheal johnson,ndubuise kanu nd odas were once a military governor? 2nd civilian lagos governor was a christian,go nd read ur history well. Nd in kwara?christians shuld very funny. Lazi nd jobles people
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Msgamble: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2013
[quote author=St.latyv][/quote]Traditionally kwara is a muslim state or area buh it ppl lyk u that as failed to notice d demographic religion changes in d state..large number of muslim are converting, the church lyk C.A.C n RCCG,MFN are growing n getting bigger at an alarming rate in recent yrs, Proof?.. UMCA Theological college,ilorin-85% of their student are former muslim 2 Popular islam singer Ameerat attacked growing former muslim for converting saying in her song lines(i subtitle cos she sing in yoruba) 'i would nt be doing salat for d prophet n later b shouting Halleluyah lyk some'..@least 40-50% of kwaran are xtain,they are asking for their right peacefully, nt lyk some who employ sucide-bombing n terrorism..peace
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by fagbalex(m): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
Msgamble: Traditionally kwara is a muslim state or area buh it ppl lyk u that as failed to notice d demographic religion changes in d state..large number of muslim are converting, the church lyk C.A.C n RCCG,MFN are growing n getting bigger at an alarming rate in recent yrs, Proof?.. UMCA Theological college,ilorin-85% of their student are former muslim 2 Popular islam singer Ameerat attacked growing former muslim for converting saying in her song lines(i subtitle cos she sing in yoruba) 'i would nt be doing salat for d prophet n later b shouting Halleluyah lyk some'..@least 40-50% of kwaran are xtain,they are asking for their right peacefully, nt lyk some who employ sucide-bombing n terrorism..peace

so this is how dumb you are. if there is massive convert to xtian in kwara, you must to have see it impact politically because they will be full in our political arcade. hypothetically saying, xtian are converting massively to Islam, come to nasfat or quareeb, then you will see how they're tripping in. kwara central is predominantly Muslim, kwara north are predominantly Muslims why kwara south 65% of them are Muslim the rest is left for xtian so how do you want us to share political position. you must be a joker. bigot
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
zebra: I just used Google now and wikipedia is saying that kwara state was one of the states that was created out of the defunct northern region by Gen. Gowon, along side benue-plateau state, kano state, north central state, north east state, north west state in 1967. Thank u sir.

So what does this mean?
Kwara State (Yoruba: Ìpínlẹ̀ Kwárà) is in western Nigeria. Its capital is Ilorin. The primary ethnic group of Kwara State is Yoruba, with significant Nupe, Bariba minorities
and this?
was initially named the West Central State but later changed to "Kwara"
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Rexyl(m): 8:46am On Sep 16, 2013
LU-PUNNY Media:

So what does this mean?

and this?

One of the Oodua states extending to the North!
Re: CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians by Msgamble: 10:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
fagbalex:

so this is how dumb you are. if there is massive convert to xtian in kwara, you must to have see it impact politically because they will be full in our political arcade. hypothetically saying, xtian are converting massively to Islam, come to nasfat or quareeb, then you will see how they're tripping in. kwara central is predominantly Muslim, kwara north are predominantly Muslims why kwara south 65% of them are Muslim the rest is left for xtian so how do you want us to share political position. you must be a joker. bigot
My guy, no need to feel bitter abt it..just check or ask anyone with connection to d theological school he would tell u exactly what i wrote, C.A.C,RCCG is expanding n growing in branches n congregrations is visible to d eye unless one is blind, are their member Alien?..their number manifesting in power? D muslim politician are rotation post in their circus in d state(lyk lagos),even in syria the sunni majority never held power in govt as it domination by a certain minority sect same thing is happening in kwara..it their rights they're asking for, pass it unto them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

150, Not 2000, Died In Baga Attacks - Military / Boko Haram: Service Chiefs In Borno, Deploy 11 Fighter Jets / APC May Lose Kogi, Edo, Others Over Chieftains’ Face-off, Nabena Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.