Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments (3809 Views)

REPORT: Yar'adua Is Brain-Damaged / Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! / Yar'Adua Is Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by naijaking1: 10:32pm On Jun 20, 2008
SENATOR JD:

hopefully he wont fall into it, as much i aint a tribal person like i said yarrryslowwydua should thread gently on this issues knowing the sensitivity nature of nigerians to such issues.
well as regards the Ex Head Of Service(Engr Ebele) she reached the mandatory age of 60yrs so automatically she had to be replaced with a new person Pepple(former Perm Sec FMF)

She's certainly not the only political appointee older than 60.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by abdurrazaq(m): 11:46am On Jun 21, 2008
Nigeria masses definitely have problems and sure most of our problems are our handwork. An average Nigerian won't talk or act to correct a wrong especially if it is from the authority. He/she thinks that even if he/she talks/shout/act it won't change anything. the problem is that we have failed to realise that we are the stronger party in the government. Until this changes I think the Nigerian masses will still continue in the sufferings.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by iseobio(m): 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2008
The nigerian polity has created a situation of "survival of the fitest". Many nigerians do not care about who is appointed as far as they can manage along. Nigerians have accepted the belief that things must always change whether it is reasonable or not. take for example, a commisioner is appointed newly and on assuming office he/she immediately starts reorganisation. the question is; was there anything wrong with the previous structure? if there was, how is it that the newly appointed guy feels that his/her measures will change the system being that he/she was not in the system before? I do not blame OBJ, yaradua etc. for whatever they are doing. it is the nigerian masses that should stand up fpr their right. But every body is busy trying to create their own comfort zone. For instance an average nigerian will want to do the following:

1. Create his own independent power planr
2. create his own independent water board;
etc. the list goes on. he does this while still paying taxes. I think we are all hypnotised or we are all so foolish that we do not have common sense. Freedom caomes with a price. All nIgerians should stand up for freedom and fight for it as is don e by the niger delta militants.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by Nigeria14: 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2008
Be real, the truth is President Yar Adua should know better in balance of power, and He can not continue to appoint only people from the North Niger Benue which are just 15 state. He had given them more than 50% of the appointment. Look if he continue, we know what will happen, They may be a coup or some military boys would divided Nigeria. Nigeria is not for them only. Other Nigerian should be allow in the govt. Do you honestly know any Yoruba man that have be appointed since he came to power. Not a single one. but the Yoruba gave him 90% vote. Or can he point to any single project he has done in Yorubaland, since he became president. For God sake we constitute over 30% of the population of Nigeria. Yorubas deserve better treatment.

Of the 21 state in the Southern Niger Benue the PDP control 20 state expect for Lagos. only just 7 from the North Niger Benue , but mr President can not give them most of the position. Why?? The Southern Niger Benue constitute 70% of Nigeria. It does not look fit to give them appointment. Please Someone is asking for trouble.

So you know they are asking for trouble. what the president is doing is committing suicide. And his action may lead to the break up of Nigeria. The wound of June 12 have not heal. And Like I said once. A leader is only good if he has good adviser. I can tell you. President Yar Adua have bad adviser. And they would either lead him to his dead or have him remove. What do you expect when a man put all the same people who arranged to kill his brother as his adviser, you know that Mr death is either knocking at is door or waiting to dig his gravel. I believe it is time for him to change all his minister and adviser. they are just not good to lead Nigeria. They lack what it take to move Nigeria to greater level.

I am sorry if anyone is hurt that I speak the truth.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by Nigeria14: 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2008
Be real, the truth is President Yar Adua should know better in balance of power, and He can not continue to appoint only people from the North Niger Benue which are just 15 state. He had given them more than 50% of the appointment. Look if he continue, we  know what will happen, They may be a coup or some military boys would divided Nigeria. Nigeria is not for them only. Other Nigerian should be allow in the govt. Do you honestly know any  Yoruba man that have be appointed since he came to power. Not a single one. but the Yoruba gave him 90% vote.  Or can he point to any  single project he has done in Yorubaland, since he became president.   For God sake we constitute over 30% of the population of Nigeria. Yorubas deserve better treatment.

Of the 21 state in the Southern Niger Benue the PDP control 20 state expect for Lagos.  only just 7 from the North Niger Benue  , but mr President can not give them most of the position. Why??  The Southern Niger Benue constitute 70% of Nigeria. It does not look fit to give them appointment. Please Someone is asking for trouble.

So you know they are asking for trouble. what the president is doing is commiting suicide. And his action may lead to the break up of Nigeria. The wound of June 12 have not heal.  And Like I said once. A leader is only good if he has good adviser. I can tell you. President Yar Adua have bad adviser. And they would either lead him to his dead or have him remove. What do you expect when a man put all the same people who arranged to kill his brother as his adviser, you know that Mr death is either knocking at is door or waiting to dig his gravel. I believe it is time for him to change all his minister and adviser. they are just not good to lead Nigeria. They lack what it take to move Nigeria to greater level.

I am sorry if anyone is hurt that I speak the truth.

Http://.com
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by eagleu: 1:35am On Jun 22, 2008
Even the MEND problems too is a reflection of the govt's lopsidedness
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by Texcee(f): 7:35am On Jun 22, 2008
[size=14pt]
South-East Senators reject PDP Board posts
[/size]

SOUTH-EAST Senators have alleged a grand-design to edge Southeasterners from meaningful positions in the country and vowed to reject what they yesterday described as peripheral offerings in federal board appointments.

Responding to the tentative allocation of board appointments which gives the South- East the least number of board appointments, the South-East Senators also alleged what they described as a whispering campaign to force Prof. Chukwuma Soludo out as the Governor of the Central Bank.
Senator Ikechukwu Obiorah (PDP, Anambra South) who spoke on behalf of the South-Eeast caucus yesterday said the caucus was set to articulate its grievances for the nation next week.

“I am speaking on behalf of South-Eeast Senators that we are shocked, beyond belief that the number of board appointments given to the South-Eeast is the least, 104 as against 120, 140 in the other zones,’’ [/b]Obiorah said yesterday.

“What it means is that it is an illegal confirmation that the South-East is the least populated geopolitical zone in the nation and you know it is not correct. By population, the South-East zone is the second most populous zone in the country,’’ he said.

“It is totally unjustifiable, [b]it is one of those acts of marginalisation or if you may, obliteration because that is what we are facing right now in this country
.’’

“Look at the Head of Service, the very first time that a South-East person held it, she held it for nine months. We had hoped that the President was going to extend it, some form of compensation to give a sense of belonging, but that was not done.’’

“So what we are saying really is that there is a surreptitious demarcation of the South-Eastern people out of this country and we are totally unhappy about it.

Look at the positions of the boards given, totally useless. You can quote me that we are going to reject I,’’ Obiorah said yesterday.

“The nation has to make up its mind whether the Southeastern part of this nation is part of this nation or not because going in this manner will not work. It is totally unacceptable.”

Alleging a plot to ease out the CBN Governor, Prof. Soludo out of his position, he said:

Look at the Central Bank, there is a concerted effort, we see a grand design to push Prof. Soludo out in spite of everything he has done for the economy, in spite of the consolidation he has brought to the banking sector, in spite of the fiscal policies he has engendered in this Government, you would anticipate that he would be looking for higher positions, but rather there is a smear campaign to take him out because the position has to go to another zone and we will not accept that,” Obiorah said.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by deor03(m): 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2008
Is Nigeria a Nation?

Is it possible for me to stay in Lagos for 10 years and claim to be a citizen of Lagos?

Is it possible for me to pay tax to rivers state for 10 years and say i want to be a councillor?

How come Nigerian with yoruba tribal marks carry British passport and they are accorded all the right given to other fellow citizen?

For real, i am sick an tired of all this nepotism. Why can't we just clamour for the best set of people who can do the job irrespective of their tribe.

Experience has shown that the fact that a Yoruba man rules Nigeria for 30 years will not make Yoruba land paradise.
Look at Lagos, that state is doing better now under Yaradua than it was under Obasanjo.

This generation of Nigerian should not be drawn into this mess called tribal politics. It has been practised for the past 50 years without any headway; it would never bring progress, NEVER!!!.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by Depilot(m): 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2008
For real, i am sick an tired of all this nepotism. Why can't we just clamour for the best set of people who can do the job irrespective of their tribe.

Experience has shown that the fact that a Yoruba man rules Nigeria for 30 years will not make Yoruba land paradise.
Look at Lagos, that state is doing better now under Yaradua than it was under Obasanjo.

This generation of Nigerian should not be drawn into this mess called tribal politics. It has been practised for the past 50 years without any headway; it would never bring progress, NEVER!!!.

you've placed this correctly. I agree
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by SENATORJD(m): 9:06am On Jun 23, 2008
naijaking1:

She's certainly not the only political appointee older than 60.
well she aint thats part of the politics in action if u may say.

deor03:

This generation of Nigerian should not be drawn into this mess called tribal politics.
word!! but for the unlearned and ''uneducated'' hpw do u convince them that u aint playing tribal politics when more than half of your cabinet's members are ur clans?
i have no problem with that as long as the person delivers his/her brief, but what of others that are so tribalistic in views?
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by Nigeria14: 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2008
Please I need to ask you, how did Yar Adua come to power, was it not because obasanjo agree to hand over to the north. Nigeria is a nation were we have agree to divide the position , so that we do not end up with huntu and tusi war. But President Yar Adua govt is pushing Nigeria to that stage. I am sorry, the truth have to be spoken. The president need to change his cabinet. He has given all the important position to only people from the North Niger benue which are just 15 state in Nigeria.

Only in Nigeria would you have a bus conductor become the minister of energy. If a non medical person is never appointed into the health ministry,  Why would they do that for power ministry. I forget it is not nigeria. Nothing is based on merit but man know man. That most stop.

Look,  I still believe president yar adua need to go back to the 7 power station they want to build in the south south. If he fail to do I know that  MEND would blow all the pipeline. they feel cheated. The word of GOD SAYS DO UNTO OTHERS WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO DO UNTO YOU. They can not continue to tell us how they put billion of naira on building road in the north and expect people in the south not to close down the pipe. How can they take all the ministry Finance North, energy  North, NNPC north,  defence North, FCT North, Health North . You now give all the yeye or mumu ministries , you now hand it over to southerner.

Look we have to face the truth, if this does not change, President Yar Adua would be in serious trouble. Is govt look too  northern Niger benue. Nigeria constitute other people, and you can not keep everything to yourself and expect other to let you be. I live in the south and as a child in the south, we all wait for that day some young bold young army office would break up Nigeria. And I would tell you. even till today. 90% of people for the south niger benue want Nigeria to be divided into two. What I am trying to pass on is for our people who have this mentality, you now come with a govt who appoint only northerner into good position. You know it is just a matter of time. That they would break Nigeria into 2 , expect this change is made,  and I believe it is time to have the national conference now.   It is time to discuss were our future would be. The idea, to send the military to the south south is a stupid idea and all it would bring is more militia group. This is why I have always said president Yar Adua should get rid of his advisers.   We all know not only the ijaw people have guns , Mosop and Opc , have one too.

So will we continue to live in fear. The word of God says their is no fear in love. We can not continue because of fear of break up to run away from discussing the future because we have fear. We can become a great country if we have a plan . and the national conference would give us this.

Here are all the position made so far

Some Of Yar’ Adua’s Non-Ministerial Appointments Since May 2007

1. Substantive EFCC Chairman – Mrs. Farida Waziri (Benue).2. Chairman, Electoral Reform Committee- Justice The Great Prophet Uwais (Kaduna).

3. Chairman, Police Reform Committee- Alhaji M.D Yusufu.

4. Chairman, Transitional Board of Director for PHCN- Mrs. Fatima Ibrahim (Gombe).

5. MD/CEO, NNPC- Alhaji Lawal Yar’ Adua. (Kaduna)

6. Presidential Liaison Officer- Senator Abba Aji (Yobe)

7. Comptroller-General of Customs- Alhaji Hamman Hamed (Adamawa)

8. Director-General, NTA- Usman Megawata (Sokoto)

9. Director-General of SSS- Afas Gadzana (Yobe)

10. National Economic Adviser- Tanimu Kurfi (Katsina)

11. Chairman, Energy Council- Rilwan Lukman

12. State House Chief of Protocol- Ambassador Ghali Umar (Kano)

13, Senior Special Assistant (Protocol)- Alhaji Inuwa Baba (Plateau)

14  Ama Peppel SCG (south)

Look at a more detail list and you know that if he does not change his appointment, Nigeria would be going to a civil war that would be greater than the June 12 election. The word of God says a foolish man see trouble and continue to head toward it, but a  wiseman runs away from trouble. 

I am sorry, I just have to speak the truth. The word of God says, that God only discipline the child he loves. And it is out of love for president Yar Adua that I am saying this.  "You do not kill the hen that lay the golden egg." if you kill it, you would have nothing to eat.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by SkyBlue1: 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2008
Nigeria1,,:

Please I need to ask you, how did Yar Adua come to power, was it not because obasanjo agree to hand over to the north. Nigeria is a nation were we have agree to divide the position , so that we do not end up with huntu and tusi war. But President Yar Adua govt is pushing Nigeria to that stage. I am sorry, the truth have to be spoken. The president need to change his cabinet. He has given all the important position to only people from the North Niger benue which are just 15 state in Nigeria.

Only in Nigeria would you have a bus conductor become the minister of energy. If a non medical person is never appointed into the health ministry,  Why would they do that for power ministry. I forget it is not nigeria. Nothing is based on merit but man know man. That most stop.

Look,  I still believe president yar adua need to go back to the 7 power station they want to build in the south south. If he fail to do I know that  MEND would blow all the pipeline. they feel cheated. The word of GOD SAYS DO UNTO OTHERS WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO DO UNTO YOU. They can not continue to tell us how they put billion of naira on building road in the north and expect people in the south not to close down the pipe. How can they take all the ministry Finance North, energy  North, NNPC north,  defence North, FCT North, Health North . You now give all the yeye or mumu ministries , you now hand it over to southerner.

Look we have to face the truth, if this does not change, President Yar Adua would be in serious trouble. Is govt look too  northern Niger benue. Nigeria constitute other people, and you can not keep everything to yourself and expect other to let you be. I live in the south and as a child in the south, we all wait for that day some young bold young army office would break up Nigeria. And I would tell you. even till today. 90% of people for the south niger benue want Nigeria to be divided into two. What I am trying to pass on is for our people who have this mentality, you now come with a govt who appoint only northerner into good position. You know it is just a matter of time. That they would break Nigeria into 2 , expect this change is made,  and I believe it is time to have the national conference now.   It is time to discuss were our future would be. The idea, to send the military to the south south is a stupid idea and all it would bring is more militia group. This is why I have always said president Yar Adua should get rid of his advisers.   We all know not only the ijaw people have guns , Mosop and Opc , have one too.

So will we continue to live in fear. The word of God says their is no fear in love. We can not continue because of fear of break up to run away from discussing the future because we have fear. We can become a great country if we have a plan . and the national conference would give us this.

Here are all the position made so far

Some Of Yar’ Adua’s Non-Ministerial Appointments Since May 2007

1. Substantive EFCC Chairman – Mrs. Farida Waziri (Benue).2. Chairman, Electoral Reform Committee- Justice The Great Prophet Uwais (Kaduna).

3. Chairman, Police Reform Committee- Alhaji M.D Yusufu.

4. Chairman, Transitional Board of Director for PHCN- Mrs. Fatima Ibrahim (Gombe).

5. MD/CEO, NNPC- Alhaji Lawal Yar’ Adua. (Kaduna)

6. Presidential Liaison Officer- Senator Abba Aji (Yobe)

7. Comptroller-General of Customs- Alhaji Hamman Hamed (Adamawa)

8. Director-General, NTA- Usman Megawata (Sokoto)

9. Director-General of SSS- Afas Gadzana (Yobe)

10. National Economic Adviser- Tanimu Kurfi (Katsina)

11. Chairman, Energy Council- Rilwan Lukman

12. State House Chief of Protocol- Ambassador Ghali Umar (Kano)

13, Senior Special Assistant (Protocol)- Alhaji Inuwa Baba (Plateau)

14  Ama Peppel SCG (south)

Look at a more detail list and you know that if he does not change his appointment, Nigeria would be going to a civil war that would be greater than the June 12 election. The word of God says a foolish man see trouble and continue to head toward it, but a  wiseman runs away from trouble. 

I am sorry, I just have to speak the truth. The word of God says, that God only discipline the child he loves. And it is out of love for president Yar Adua that I am saying this.  "You do not kill the hen that lay the golden egg." if you kill it, you would have nothing to eat.

In reference to your post, i am an "other" (i.e not a northerner) and i rather have a competent aboki than another Peter Odili in a national position. I just don't know anymore, . . . . i just don't know. The country is in such a shape but yet one can afford to ignore all of that and focus on who comes from where to get the job done? At this stage i don't care who does the job AS LONG AS IT GETS DONE. I just don't know why people continue to dish out this tribalistic rhetoric, where on earth does such blind ego come from. GOD HELP US. Sorry but i really genuinely don't mean to offend and it really is not my intention but i am just lost as to how someone can look beyond all the mess and what is happening and debate things like how many appointments are given to whom. So let us assume that you are from the east and someone from the west comes and develops your state, i am guessing you will go on a rampage and destroy all that was built because of the audacity that a non easterner could do such a thing, right? the thing i don't get is how ratios like 140 to 100 or trvial stuff like that becomes marginalisation. So next time Yaradua is making appointment he should split it down the middle right? Instead of getting what seems the best person from the job based on people he knows, he should ignore that just to make sure even if there is a remainder like one position unfilled after the sharing, it is shared equally among all 200 and something tribes, right? With this way of thinking i am even sure if the ratio was 120 to 121 there will still be problem, it will still be marginalistion while the country continues to rot.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by Nigeria14: 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2008
So why then is nigeria in the problem we are. have we not have like your word, Aboki for 40 years, what have they put us. In the mud, they have failed Nigeria. IT is time to mix thing up. This your aboki, as you call them have not be based on merit. At least this one year president Yar Adua is in power. They have nothing to claim they achieve for one years. even power have gone down to less 2000MW. Yes President Yar Adua need to pick based on merit but their people that merit it from all part of Nigeria. Not only from his section of Nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by SkyBlue1: 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2008
@Nigeria1 the fact that you could not see that the aboki reference was simply a statement to reiterate that we cannot afford to be so selective and tribalistic that it becomes a selective factor in picking were develpment comes from even if it comes at the price of ignoring the best man for the job seems to show much more that you might think. None of these people have laid out their plans or policies or propositions or said what they will do yet you have already condemned them based on tribe. So what about Peter Odili that ruled Rivers State, he was an aboki abi? What about Lucky Igbenidion, he was not from Edo state right? Ibori the ex convict was not from Delta state in fact who has the audacity to claim such rubbish when Ibori was from mars? Nnamani was not from Enugu, he was from Switzerland. All these corrupt governors where not from their own states, yes so the solution is picking people based on similar tribes and the devlopment will come right? Nigeria1 please try not to take this personally and please permit me to speak freely as to state an observation and i hope i don't offend you but, i find it ironic that you call yourself Nigeria1, people say Nigeria is divided Nigeria is divided and of course it is. When someone chooses to read tribalism into everything then what else can you expect?
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by Nigeria14: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2008
Is peter odili the only peter in the south?
You see the word of God says Judge a man by his action. You see when you love a person, you do not hurt them. You try to be fair to them. And president yar Adua action  does not show fairness. it only shows his motive towards the people of the southern niger benue. And that is what need need to changE. Why did major Orkar , a TIV man try to cut off the NORTHERN NIGER BENUE. the reason was becaus of this same action president Yar adua is taken,  For 40 years everybody who have ruled were from the Northern Niger benue from Balewa to adbusalami. 40 years. our people hated that till the day orkar did what it did , on all street, villages, town and state in the southern niger benue.  from benue to kwara to kogi, calabar to lagos to benin   to ibadan. everybody went out on the street shouting and thanking God. because liberation just came. either you were ijaw, igalla, idoma, yoruba, tiv, uhrobo, Igboo or edo. everybody was happy, because Orkar got rip of the oppresors. " The Northern Niger Benue.  Obasanjo came back  to bring nigeria together again. To unity the people of Nigeria because we were at a brink of break up. Now if he hand over to president Yar Adua,  Everybody expect President Yar Adua to get there and now become a bridge builder. Bridge the doubt and trying to unity Nigerian.

Over looking tribal sentiment , bring merit over man know man, but all important position have gone to the north. Which make all remember June 12 and major Okar coup. That president yar Adua want to force the north on us again. The way you treat people show what is in your heart. President yar Adua should recontitute his govt and share the important position with the south if he want peace, but if he does not want peace, he can continue to do what he is doing. I would be back to tell you I told you so.

If he think our generation is like our fathers where the north rule and they fold their hand, we would not fold our hand. Look my generation would break up Nigeria, if he does not share power. look when obasanjo was in power, he balance power. Obasanjo was president Adama ciroma was finace. and a northern was defence,  even with the military govt, they alway balance power. In the nigeria constitution, it is clearly stated of federal character.

he need to balance power to keep Nigeria unity. If he they think people would plan a coup to remove him , they would not do that. they would just break up nigeria. and he would end up the president of the north,  Even the southern niger benue govt that may be form would be accepted  by the international community because 95% of nigerian abroad are from the southern niger benue. they would go to their congress men and push for their govt to declear support for the new nation. the ball is not in his court. With the price of oil so high and the south control oil. Can you imagine who the country who are deperate for oil would support, the country with oil. It is better he use wisdom. I am praying and i also asking you to pray for president yar adua that God give him wisdom to rule Nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by SkyBlue1: 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2008
I have to go so i will give a more elaborate answer later, however i just need to ask, so all this "fairness" that was part of the OBJ government brought the much needed peace and prosperity and development to the country right? Why not take a leaf from your book, you said judge a man according to his actions. Why not wait for the people who have been appointed to even state what they intend to do before you castigate them? I am sure if the appointees were from somewhere else you won't even care what plans they would have or anything of the sort, you would be content with just knowing that they are from your side of the country? If this is the stand then are you realy in any place to be crying about the division or lack of development in any part of Nigeria?
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by SENATORJD(m): 9:09am On Jun 24, 2008
Sky Blue:

I have to go so i will give a more elaborate answer later, however i just need to ask, so all this "fairness" that was part of the OBJ government brought the much needed peace and prosperity and development to the country right? Why not take a leaf from your book, you said judge a man according to his actions. Why not wait for the people who have been appointed to even state what they intend to do before you castigate them? I am sure if the appointees were from somewhere else you won't even care what plans they would have or anything of the sort, you would be content with just knowing that they are from your side of the country? If this is the stand then are you realy in any place to be crying about the division or lack of development in any part of Nigeria?
makes a whole lot os sense Nigeria1, read thru both posts and as much as i dig ur views i cannot but agree on skyblues
Nigeria is where she is today due to this whole tribal issue, if a norhtner can get the job done i dnt give a flying doughnut as long as i can press my light switch and light comes on. like sky rightly said would u then go about destroying infrastructures in ur area because it was bulit by someone other than ur tribe? i tell people I am first of all a Nigerian b4 considering anything tribe. if we learn to take this view am sure nigeria wouldnt have been where she is today.
Though i have reservations against his appointments, but lets wait till this folks work, then we can throw stones.
for all we know our long awaited developments might just come from northerners.
if Yarry puts all northerners in his cabinet and at the end of the day the work gets done, wont we all be better for it?
lets put away all this tribalistic views and wars, cos it has done just one and only one thing to Nigeria
"Led us no where"
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by MCUsman(m): 10:00am On Jun 24, 2008
I knew it come to this
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by KnowAll(m): 1:40pm On Jun 24, 2008
IS ABUJA FOR ALL NIGERIANS OR JUST FOR THE NORTH, HOW COME NO SOUTHERNER HAS EVER BEEN APPOINTED HAS THE MINISTER FOR FCT IN THIS NEW CIVILIAN DESPENSATION. I CAN RECALL OGBEMEDIA BEEN THE MINISTER IF I AM NOT WRONG.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by abdurrazaq(m): 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2008
@topic. Another reason for us to agree that Nigeria is just a name on paper. In reality, there is nothing like that but a jungle in this era shocked
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by Nigeria14: 9:42pm On Jun 24, 2008
senator, i would want to believe that you never lived in nigeria, if you do you should understand the natur of things. that nigeria is many cluster of nation. And we can not afford domination of one group over another. so the need to protect the small group. I am busy , I would back to explain.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by Nigeria14: 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2008
senator, but he had really put northerner in all key position, and nothing have work. Power generation have gone down. MEND have because more powerful. food prices have gone. Why you may ask. The answer is the quality of the people he pick. You see I have nothing against President yar Adua. I really feel he is ok. I look beyoud tribal sentiment. I have review his govt and  I can see that what is lack he the fact his minister, lack leadership passion, drive and lack ideas.

You see in the history of Nigeria, No man have been well place in a time to build nigeria to a develop country like president Yar Adua. Financially we are strong. Oil is on the roof. Level of educated people high,  I can continue over and over. If I have been president for the last one years, my brother, Nigeria would be heaven.  It take vision to make a nation great. You may have all the money but without vision the money is useless. The minister lack the vision to take nigeria to the next level , and because they lack vision , President Yar Adua govt rating is down. I believe with good minister who have idea ,change and renovation president Yar adua govt can do better.

You see you can not have the minister of defence, finance, internal affair, And the president coming from the same part of Nigeria. It has never happen in our history. Tribal unbalance and fight was what lead to the civil war in nigeria. over 1 million people were killed. If all your adviser are from your group , how can you understand the need of other group. Life is give and take. No man eat his cake and have it at the same time.

There is a law in science, ACTION AND REACTION, are equal and opposite.  You see the fact that he has all this position to his people and they have refuse to share them, would backfire, and any honest Nigerian who understand nigeria very well would agree with me. Nigeria ia not the USA. and all thing are not equal in real life. What I saying are honest godly advice that I would offer to my own blood brother. I hope he take it. I am done with this issue. I would continue to pray for him and pray God would help him. But go and write down down today date , it shall be testimony to the future.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by SkyBlue1: 6:16am On Jun 25, 2008
Nigeria1,,:

senator, but he had really put northerner in all key position, and nothing have work. Power generation have gone down. MEND have because more powerful. food prices have gone. Why you may ask. The answer is the quality of the people he pick. You see I have nothing against President yar Adua. I really feel he is ok. I look beyoud tribal sentiment. I have review his govt and  I can see that what is lack is the fact his minister, lack leadership passion, drive and lack ideas.

You see in the history of Nigeria, No man have been well place in a time to build nigeria to a develop country live president Yar Adua. Financially we are strong. Oil is on the roof. Level of educated people high,  I can continue over and over. If I have been president for the last one years, my brother, Nigeria would be heaven.  It take vision to make a nation great. You may have all the money but without vision the money is useless. The minister lack the vision to take nigeria to the next level , and because they lack vision , President Yar Adua govt rating is down. I believe with good minister who have idea ,change and renovation president Yar adua govt can do better.

You see you can not have the minister of defence, finance, internal affair, And the president coming from the same part of Nigeria. It has never happen in our history. Tribal unbalance and fight was what lead to the civil war in nigeria. over 1 million people were killed. If all your adviser are from your group , how can you understand the need of other group. Life is give and take. No man eat his cake and have it at the same time.

There is a law in science, ACTION AND REACTION, are equal and opposite.  You see the fact that he has all this position to his people and they have refuse to share them, would backfire, and any honest Nigerian who understand nigeria very well would agree with me. Nigeria ia not the USA. and all thing are not equal in real life. What I saying are honest godly advice that I would offer to my own blood brother. I hope he take it. I am done with this issue. I would continue to pray for him and pray God would help him. But go and write down down today date , it shall be testimony to the future.

@Nigeria1 i think i am just about done with this thread so if you want to keep making everything tribal then that is up to you. Forgive me for stating this and take it or leave it, but your opinions betray your supposed "concern" for the country. You don't care about the development of the country as much as you do seeing things being done by one tribe or the other, it is disheartening to say the least and with all my heart i genuinely hope that not everyone in the country called Nigeria holds these views because that would really be discouraging. You go on about how you will make Nigeria heaven in one year without realising that to implement visions people are needed. But i am guessing in your case you will ignore the best man for the job and focus more on where such a man comes from. That just shows a disconnect from the suffering masses who will take genuine development wherever it comes from, at this stage of Nigerian history such cannot be afforded. That is just how important Nigeria is to you.

Yaradua is enjoying strong oil prices meaning there is a lot of money, OBJ also had A LOT of money in his time and what became of the money? You say the minister of defence, finance and internal affairs are all from thesame place, so are there only 3 ministers in the country? Instead of stating where they are from why not actually state what actually matters in concern with the ministers and appointees, which is their performance?

And then to continue the arguement with the Nigerian way which has continuosly gotten the country nowhere which is to say that Nigeria is not USA is just dumbfounding. Of course Nigeria is not USA, USA is USA and Nigeria is a country in Africa that continues to suffer because people place egos and trivialities over the genuine concern of the people. Such a stance seems to me to be completely void of any human compassion because you seem to care less about people suffering lack of development as long as tribal egos are satisfied.

And then finally you say that your post will be a testimony? If such a statement will become a testimony it won't go to show your deep insight or any form of righteousness on your path, it will just go to show that there will be trouble in the country because people who share such uncompassionate and tribally egocentric views exist in the country which will not come as a shock. I think i am about done with this thread and will try and avoid having arguements with you if all you continue to due is to put "where he or she is from" above the genuine well being of the people, sorry but i just find it so uncompassionate and almost inhumane. God Bless and have a nice day.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by SENATORJD(m): 8:46am On Jun 25, 2008
nicely stated sky
@nigeria
i live in Nigeria, work in Nigeria, have my investments in Nigeria have my loved ones in Nigeria
have lived with southerners and easterners and am currently living around Northeners so i definetly know a little above average on this issue.
Push tribe away for a monent and consider Your country's development
If a Northener would get the job, then what is wrong with that? I beg to say at this point that all this might just be due to a selfish interest that we have as a people to hold a political appointment or public post because of what ''I'' would get.
Nigeria1,,:

senator, but he had really put northerner in all key position, and nothing have work. Power generation have gone down. . I believe with good minister who have idea ,change and renovation president Yar adua govt can do better.
we can't categorically conclude yet can we? yaradua is slow no doubt but did OBJ do any better as regards power for 8yrs after commiting that much an amount?
u believe with a good minister he can do a better job right? so if such ministers come from the North its now an issue and suddenly he wont be able to do a better job?
as long as i can drive from Abuja-lagos without expereincing any bad roads, fly from here to lagos without a fear of aircrash due to bad equipmenst and logistics
as long as i can take my children to the hospital and not expect to meet a no doctor on seat situation, as long as i can drive to a station and fill up my tank without having to que for ages, as long as i can get to my house and switch on the Tv expecting it to come on without having to go pull the Generator, then am ok EVEN if its a northener that does all this it matters not to me
I take the development of my nation far and above any tribal issue, tribe or person related i doubt if u do, because if u do tribe wont be the issue here but the competence of the persons in question
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by Nigeria14: 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2008
It look like you did not get my point. Let me make it clear. Look for One years now the president have done what you want, that is place only northerner in sensitive and the only them in  important position, but what have been the result so far. It has  been failure. From NEPA MW have drop to the all time low. The price of food have gone to the highest it can be in nigeria history, teacher are on strike or about to, Nepa is the same. I was told petrol station are starting to see quene like in the days of abacha. MEND have become a serious problem and a disgrace in the international community to Nigeria. Now let ask our self why is this going on?

The answer is a govt must be broad and open arm toward everybody either white , black, yoruba, igbo, hausa or otherwise. you find good people that are white, igbo, hausa and yoruba. Look if Obama becomes president of the USA. And he now decided to give all the major position to black people, Obama would be killed. You see I have lived here is now getting to half of my life on earth. And I can tell you have good white people and for my children to have a broad view of life, I am making sure, i do not put them in an all black environment. I want them to be white in thinking and speak like white. for them to go through what white people through. it make a better person to learn other culture. it let you know them better. i have friend from every nation on earth. i speak little chinese, filipino, italy, spanish, french   and others,   Look I speak Hausa, so you can not claim I HATE NORTHERNER. I HAVE LIVED IN THE NORTH. I have friend that are northerner. I speak Igbo and also have friend that are Igbo. I am what you would call a real Nigerian.

You see tribal insensitive lead to the Nigeria civil war were some southern army office who history tell us had tribal motive plan the first coup without caring for the north which lead to the death over 1,000,000 people. what they did was killed only people from the north. and the north saw it as insult to them , which is what the south is feeeling today by president yar Adua appointment of Only Northerner to important position. You said something about some southerner been in other position. Is like you saying that southerner are President Yar Adua driver, tea maker, house maid and you can make a list. It is insulting to the south.  Those ministries or position are like making southerner ministries of tea maker, ministries of house maid etc.
You can't be insensitive to other tribal in Nigeria. it would only result in a war. So president Yar Adua have to be caring and need to make the change. And in future his political enermy are going to use it against him. Those tribal he is kicking against now, when he is down are going to use it. A leader have to smart and diplomatic in his approach.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by SENATORJD(m): 10:06am On Jun 26, 2008
Nigeria1,,:

It look like you did not get my point. Let me make it clear. Look for One years now the president have done what you want, that is place only northerner in sensitive

and who says thats what i want?i aint a northerner first of all.

and the only them in  important position, but what have been the result so far. It has  been failure. From NEPA MW have drop to the all time low. The price of food have gone to the highest it can be in nigeria history, teacher are on strike or about to, Nepa is the same. I was told petrol station are starting to see quene like in the days of abacha. MEND have become a serious problem and a disgrace in the international community to Nigeria. Now let ask our self why is this going on?

so are you saying northeners are the cause of it?Ask yourself how many times did the price of PMS go up during Obasanjo's regime?How many times did ASUU go on strike?
ooo so food prices never went up during Obasanjo's time? you were told que is becoming like Abacha's time are you sure u ever lived in this country during Abacha's time?how many times did u have to que for fuel compared to OBJ's time?

The answer is a govt must be broad and open arm toward everybody either white , black, yoruba, igbo, hausa or otherwise. you find good people that are white, igbo, hausa and yoruba. Look if Obama becomes president of the USA. And he now decided to give all the major position to black people, Obama would be killed.

and why?

You see I have lived here is now getting to half of my life on earth. And I can tell you have good white people and for my children to have a broad view of life, I am making sure, i do not put them in an all black environment. I want them to be white in thinking and speak like white. for them to go through what white people through.

to think like white so now uve moved from a tribalistic view to a racialistic(permit d english) view? so black in thinking ,makes u less?u amaze me

it make a better person to learn other culture. it let you know them better.

learning other cultures is not to become like them but to understand their way of life

i have friend from every nation on earth. i speak little chinese, filipino, italy, spanish, french   and others,   Look I speak Hausa, so you can not claim I HATE NORTHERNER. I HAVE LIVED IN THE NORTH. I have friend that are northerner. I speak Igbo and also have friend that are Igbo. I am what you would call a real Nigerian.

beacause you speak the languages and have friends that are from here doesnt make one a real Nigerian. What make one a real Nigerian is considering the Economic development and growth of the nation far and above any sentiments,tribe or geo-political zone. if an ibo would get it done or a yoruba or hausa or delta or what have you i endorse it without saying: why he/she not from my side, that my friend is what makes u a REAL NIGERIAN

You see tribal insensitive lead to the Nigeria civil war were some southern army office who history tell us had tribal motive plan the first coup without caring for the north which lead to the death over 1,000,000 people. what they did was killed only people from the north. and the north saw it as insult to them , which is what the south is feeeling today by president yar Adua appointment of Only Northerner to important position. You said something about some southerner been in other position. Is like you saying that southerner are President Yar Adua driver, tea maker, house maid and you can make a list. It is insulting to the south. Those ministries or position are like making southerner ministries of tea maker, ministries of house maid etc.
do you have evidence to prove this? Mr vice president is a what?driver from the south i assume
You can't be insensitive to other tribal in Nigeria. it would only result in a war. So president Yar Adua have to be caring and need to make the change. And in future his political enermy are going to use it against him. Those tribal he is kicking against now, when he is down are going to use it. A leader have to smart and diplomatic in his approach.

is sentivity to tribal issue what we need or development of the nation?and u say ure a Real Nigerian? that would prefer someone from your end to be there ocupying a position,collectinf salary doing nothing and it would gladening ones heart because he/she is from my place?
this and many other reasons are why we are where we are
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by otokx(m): 11:17am On Jun 26, 2008
Whether North of Benue abi south of Niger its all the same end - big time daylight robbery of our national resources.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by Nigeria14: 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2008
Look you can go an check NVS, i did predict Obasanjo would be president. I did for yar adua too. You see if Yar Adua refuse to make the change i am asking, i can tell you the PDP would do badly at 2011 election. and it would become more difficult for anyone to rigged election in 2011 than any other time in our history. because of satellite picture is out there. and the result if you come and claim that kano is 9 million again would not be accepted by the international community, because CNN , BBC and other have a copy of Nigeria satellite picture and they too would zoom into nigeria and see you are telling a lie.

Let me show you that ,
Of the 28 state PDP won, in the last election. 20 of them are from the Southern Niger Benue. Southern Niger benue have enough senators to impeach the president.  And the president is not treating them very well with appointment at the moment, where do you think this state would go. I can tell you to a strong opposition.  Yar Adua can only claim he would win 8 state. Buhari have refuse to withdrawn file from the supreme court in other to continue to remain in the race. The president has just 2 years and some month before the election. His govt can not show what his ministers have done for his period in power. IT IS CLOSE TO ZONE.  buhari is not stupid. Since been in power nearly all the south  ex governor they have locked up in jail  while leaving the northern niger benue ex governor. . So you know they would not support him. I tell you he would loss the 20 state expect for balyesa., if there is a rerun tomorrow. Yoruba , yar adua backbone was the former president obasanjo , we all know how he is been treated. so you know the southern Niger benue is nearly forget for  the PDP. They may loss the whole of the southern Niger benue.   Bankole is not popular in yoruba, even i think i can beat banky in yorubaland. his approve rating is low. People seen him has tool of the president. He have refuse to allow the constitution review. held on to list of member of house of assembly for 2 month now. even while most nigerian want it now.  Jonathan have little political cloud in the southern niger benue to help him.  IBB have been playing into the south west. you see he have made more visit in the last 6 month than even the president. every chance he has , IBB is there.   IBb have been doing all this because IBB want to  start selling amala in the south west,  Habi, maradona. yar adua is naive in politics

So you know his only option in 2011 may be rigging. I tell you , that would have problem. CNN, BBC and other news and television station around the world  have a copy of the satellite picture of nigeria, they know Kastina state is not 5.7 million, they know Jigawa state is not 4. 3 million. CNN and BBC know that Oyo state is more populated than kano state. they know kano state is not 9 million. They know bauchi is not 4.6 million and that sokoto is not 3.6 million.

CNN and BBC knows that the south is more populated than the north since they have a copy of the satellite picture of Nigeria. So president Yar adua would be in trouble. .   Now he as only one option , that option is listen to my word of wisdom. I do not want to talk of this again. He would suffer if he refuse to change his ministers. Why on earth would you want him to keep minister would have not performed. Why?/ for God sake. it shows you do not care for nigerian. who are suffering. This ministers have not performed. they have failed to performed. President Yar Adua has just 2 years and some month, what would he use as the reason for re election. He has nothing to use. He has nothing to show for is period in office. he has to put in new people to try to redeem his image and let them try if they could improve the life of Nigerian. Our people can not continue to suffer just because some people want to remain ministers and they do not want to perform. I still ask why do you want him to keep ministers who have failed nigerian , who have not made any show. They have failed Nigerian and they need to go. We only have 2 years and some months to the election.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by SENATORJD(m): 5:49pm On Jun 26, 2008
am lost here Nigeria1, i rest my case
cheers
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by ow11(m): 11:42pm On Jun 27, 2008
SENATOR JD:

nicely stated sky
@nigeria
i live in Nigeria, work in Nigeria, have my investments in Nigeria have my loved ones in Nigeria
have lived with southerners and easterners and am currently living around Northeners so i definetly know a little above average on this issue.
Push tribe away for a monent and consider Your country's development
If a Northener would get the job, then what is wrong with that? I beg to say at this point that all this might just be due to a selfish interest that we have as a people to hold a political appointment or public post because of what ''I'' would get.

I couldn't agree with you more. who cares which tribe the minister comes from. The bottom line is ' does he get the job done?' We have depended too much on sentiments rather than merit and therefore put buffons where intellects should reside. I wonder how many legislators know why they are there.
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by Nigeria14: 11:15pm On Jun 28, 2008
We care, one of the cardinal point president yar said he believe in before becoming president is unity,  Look  I am just consider of what is going to happen. If you think the south would fold their hand and have it continue, you are wrong, It would destroy the unity of Nigeria.  Let me list the sensitive position in any Nigeria govt at  this is considered the important position.

Compare President obasanjo to President Yar Adua. Even if you want to know it can be use as a ground for impeach of the president, because nigeria constitution clearly made it clear of issue of federal character.  What we are saying is that the president should change this position and include people from the south.  This is not asking for too much, If you notice obasanjo govt. from the list below. 11 of his aid are from North and 10 are south.  But president Yar adua 17 from north and 4 from south. 

Look what you people are doing is setting up yourself for a civil war. You would all wake up one day and discovery they have divided nigeria into two nation. Northern Niger Benue and Southern niger benue.   may God save your souls. Wisdom is better than foolishness.

See the list

Yar'Adua
1. Abdullahi Muktar - National Security Adviser
2. Kingibe - Secretary to FG
3. Gen Abdullahi - Chief of Staff
4. Ama Pepple (River) - Head of Civil Service  ( SOUTH)
5. Hamman Hamed - Comptroller-General, Customs
6. Usman Megawata - Director General, NTA
7. Abba Aji - Presidential Liaison Officer (NASS)
8. Lawal Yar’Adua - MD/CEO, NNPC
9. Afas Gadzana - Director-General, SSS
10. Tanimu Kurfi - National Economic Adviser
11. Ghali Umar - State House Chief of Protocol
12. Idi Farouk - Director General, National Orientation Agency
13. Taminu Yakubu - Chief Economic Adviser to the President
14. Sanusi Daggash - National Planning Commission Minister/Deputy Chairman
15. Aliyu Modibbo - Minister, FCT
16. Shamsudeen Usman - Minister, Finance
17. Yayale Ahmed - Minister, Defence
18. Godwin Abbe (Edo)- Minister, Internal Affairs  (South)
19. Mike Okiro (River) - IGP   (SOUTH)
20. Andoakaa - AGF
21. Farida Waziri - Chairman, EFCC

New (Non statutory/, )
The Great Prophet Uwais - Chairman, Electoral Reform Committee
M.D Yusufu - Chairman, Police Reform Committee
Rilwan Lukman - Chairman, Energy Council/Petroleum
Fatima Ibrahim - Chairman, Transitional Board of Director, PHCN

Obasanjo
1. Aliyu Gusau - National Security Adviser
2. Ufot Ekaette (?Cross River)- Secretary to FG
3. Gen Abdullahi - Chief of Staff
4. Yayale Ahmed - Head of Civil Service
5. Baba Gyang - Comptroller-General, Customs
6. Tonnie Iredia (Edo) - Director General, NTA
7. Ita Giwa (?Cross River)- Presidential Liaison Officer (NASS)
8. Funsho Kunpolokun(SW)- MD/CEO, NNPC
9. Kayode Are (SW) - Director-General, SSS
10. Osita Ogbu (SE) - National Economic Adviser
11. Ghali Umar - State House Chief of Protocol
12. Idi Farouk - Director General, National Orientation Agency
13. Philip Asiodu(SE) - Chief Economic Adviser to the President
14. Abdalah Wali - National Planning Commission Minister/Deputy Chairman
15. El-Rufai - Minister, FCT
16. Iyorchia Ayu - Minister, Internal Affairs
17. Rabiu Kwakwanso - Minister, Defence
18. Okonjo-Iweala (Abia)- Minister, Finance
19. Sunday Ehindero (SW)- IGP
20. Bayo Ojo (?SW) - AGF
21. Nuhu Ribadu - Chairman, EFCC
Re: Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments by cescky(m): 11:29pm On Jun 28, 2008
men!!! not one political apointee from the eastern region, angry
to cut long story short, na only monkey dey born monkey, the administration that gave birth to yaraduas govt was a fraud,therefore we shouldnt expect something different from the present day president.

government of national unity this and that, i heard he was asked why southners are not in his cabinet,his claim was that only those suitable for the job,got the job,mean while all those he is appointing serverd with him in his days as govnor, while statatistically southners are more well read than northerners(na stats talk am no be me)

any ways as tuface talk,[i]one day bush meat go catch the hunter
and truth is like smoke it can never be caged
[/i] can u see the smoke escaping now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christmas Day Bomb Blast @ A Catholic Church In Mandala, Abuja? / Download A Copy Of Buhari Manifestos-pdf / New Terrorist Group Springs Up In Kaduna- 120 Members Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.