Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,066 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House (34938 Views)

"We Found Stockpiles Of Dollars, Not Arms In AK Govt. House” — Official / Okowa Denied Access To Office On First Day At Work / What Rochas Okorocha Did To The Imo Govt House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by alarino: 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
Are you ready to kiss the loneliness world goodbye ? There are amazing guys /girls waiting to love and beloved. Register with www.alarino.com today and find your soulmate
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by amaechijay: 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
Amaechi undermined the court ruling after the new faction PDP secretariat was sealed off in Abuja to come down to Rivers State to open another one.

Nigerian Police got wind of it and blocked the road (Forces Avenue) to prevent Amaechi and his followers from carrying out their unlawful activities.

Why would Amaechi enter into the Government House through the back gate (which he rarely uses) with his entourage and visitors (from outside the state) of over 70 people?

Amaechi chose to pass through the back (private) gate to the Government House because he got information that there is Police presence there.

Amaechi wants to make the HEADLINES

And Amaechi succeeded... .

Well, journalists are making some good money from his noise-making

How many times did I mention his name...? Hope he will be happy grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by brinell(m): 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
abacus:

Bolded! .. Yes, FG is oppressing him.

FG also have superior, GEJ should know. I know one day monkey go go market and will not return.

So you know FG has superior power and you didn't advise Amaechi to humble himself? A pattern I see in people's reaction or opinion on this impasse is that when Amaechi seems to have upper hand on an incident, people shout in praise and cajole the President. However, whenever, the FG has upper hand, Amaechi supporters all come out shouting their lungs out that he is being victimized by federal power. So una know say Amaechi power no reach Jonathan own? I just don't like a one-sided and final argument. It smells of no-way-forward, an irritating attitude.

Guys are shouting at the headline, meanwhile the whole show is bound to be that way by the very nature of the circumstances. You form and sponsor an opposition/faction office, there is fracas, police is drafted in to maintain law and order and you (no matter your position) want to fuel the fracas? Certainly, passing through the sealed hot zone by the governor will fuel the situation to get worse. Well guys, look deep and just stop the irritating exoneration of Amaechi. The Rivers State governor is himself neck-deep in power play. Stop buying-in on his portrayal of himself as the innocent or weak, while doing exactly the opposite. Don't forget this same thing he and his supporters are shouting foul about, is similar to what he did to local government executives too.

If I say I can fight Mike Tyson in the boxing ring, why then should I and my supporters be crying foul when the blows start raining down, huh? There is a saying, all's fair in war and in love.

Way forward: Amaechi humble yourself and swallow your pride, and let Rivers State move on OR arm yourself well for the battle ahead but just stop crying foul every time, and at the same time tell your supporters to just shut it up anytime the blow rains down on you. cool

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Jaykizz(m): 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The police authorities are not fools. No one is above the law. If Gov Amaechi engages in acts that infringes on the laws, it is the constitutional responsibility of the police to call the governor to order. No sentiments. However, if the police acted unlawfully in this instance, then the president should sanction whoever was responsible.

It would have been better if u knew what had been happenning between the pair and stop saying what you don't knw. GEJ is the president of Nig, the Gov of Rivers State and also the Commissioner of Police at Rivers State. Thought I should let you know so that you realise that Amaechi needs help in his own sovereignty.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by adanny01(m): 6:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
tokunboh:

I guessed you did not take time to think these through before you type plus you may not have gone through the discussion trail. The boldest part of your statement actually tells you about the powers of the president and the limitations of the Governor when it comes to police matters - that's one of the simple explanation of separation of powers. The earlier post from your friend (or is it you with a different moniker) says the police should always obey whatever the governor says - they are not answerable to him. Any governor that tries to dictate to the police is usurping powers of the president regarding police matters. I hope you've been able to pick one or two points from here.
PS: we should always endeavour to research topics not just on the surface but deeply so we can have a proper understanding of it. You just got owned by an engineer that has never sat in a government class in secondary school

You quoted me wrong bro.

It is the duty of the police to advice and its the govenors right to reject their advise which they have to obey whatever choice he makes even if it endangers his life.

You also quoted out of context, which was the choice of route. You dont expect the police to require clearance from the president on the matter of the governor's itenery.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Forwetinnah: 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ameachi, fake actor..sit down and learn more stunts from Jack Bauer$. Making himself look very foo..lish by the day yet some people call it popularity, Eziokwu. The wild Dog in my area was even more popular..but it died 2 weeks back. Fly wey no dey hear word, dey follow corpse enter grave

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by PedroAmada(m): 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
GEJ's paid puppets are working against Amechi indeed

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by PedroAmada(m): 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
GEJ and his member of cabinate together with all the Old PDP caucus and Amechi and the new PDP left wings are all fighting for their own large share of the national cakes. APC will not take us to the promise land either. I don't follow party , I study and support individual not party

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Jossy7575(m): 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
People should stop supporting Amaechi. Is it because GEJ is perceived by some to be too quiet? Could Amaechi have done what he had been doing if it were to be OBJ in power?

When Amaechi came into power, he forcefully imposed his men on the people; removed all dully elected Councillors and chairmen - nobody talked. At a time he sacked some local government chairmen for not attending the meeting he called; people remained mute. But now, he comes to meeting after the president is seated which is against the norm.

Can anybody tell us what state function Amaechi was coming from before he was denied access to the state house? He is just acting and fooling people to whip up sentiments for himself and we are hear supporting rubbish. He is arrogant and tyrannical yet he loathes being called to order by his superior. We shall see what comes out of his romance with those Northern governors who are trying to mislead him and are asking him to be at war with his brother so as to gain unfair advantage in 2015.

They set up a parallel PDP secretariat few days ago and expect the police to fold their hands while they cause chaos and public disorder with impunity, yet we think the police is wrong for trying to stop illegality? GEJ deserves some kudos and our support for Christ sake. He has shown some level of patience and maturity as far as this case is concerned. It is Amaechi and those pushing him that are aggressive. He knows he is a drowning man, but he wants to pull down everyone that comes his way as he drowns politically. We should all be wise!

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by frankson12000(m): 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
Nigerians we should learn how to examine issues before criticizing it. Amechi's associate opens a new npdp secretariat close to Govt house at force avenue GRA, port Harcourt , police arrived the venue before they could host the flag and stop them from doing that. when he Amechi wants to pass through the road to the npdp office having briefed of the challenges they faced, he tried to use his office as the governor to over power the police whom refuse intimidation and insisted that he should move back, he now started shouting that they refuse him to enter the government house through that route nairalands open your eyes, lets shun sentiments and face realities if Amechi wants to leave pdp is ok but not right to fake it at all cost, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by khaleesi(f): 9:10am On Sep 14, 2013
Sometimes I wonder how people reason in this country..in case you have been wondering why our Human rights are being flagrantly violated and abused evryday by the powers that be and its agent of enforcement..there u ve ur answer..ask no further.. Let's logically analyse this and put all sentiments outside.

1. Ameachi was going into the govt house..some are claiming there are numerous other routes into the vicnity..why should he take that particular route.. The Governor ve the right to take whatever route he chooses.. Are this pple aware of the term freedom of movement? Moreso the Governor, the nos 1 citizen of a state. Even if curfew is declared in a State..a Governor still ve right to move in that state. He is the one in Charge.. He is the Chief security officer of that state. Do we understand that fact? This is not evn a case of curfew..these re security agents allegedly barricading the road to prevent break down of law and order. This particular road leads to the Governor's house.. By all means respect the authority imposed on that office. The Governor should ve been allowed through. He wants to enter his house then let him. He wants to take that route, then let him. You can't force a Governor to take another Route..u can only advise him..that respect should always be there.

2. Some said he was prevented to avoid security threat.. are there creatures that will kill him if he take the route? Is there a bomber at the other end waiting to explode him to pieces? Is there a blood sucking vampire there? What exactly is the security threat that warrant preventing him from taking that route? Or maybe the threat is not on him, its on the state so they say letting him through will lead to break down of law and order. How? The facility is already sealed off. If he want to take a look at the facility, then he should go ahead. There are security operatives everywhere heavily armed. Their duty is to inform him, that base on the court ruling, they ve sealed off the facility. What will he do? Fight them? Bring out explosives and blow them all to pieces? Or maybe his aides will come out with guns and start shooting at the other opponents..with the Governor caught in the middle..bullets flying, bodies dropping, bomb exploding..behold Ameachi has become blood thirsty Rambo.. I can imagine him shouting "KILL THEM ALL".. Is that what will happen? This is a Governor..a man who has so much to lose. If he's so anxious to cause break down of law and order. He won't ve turned back to take another route.

2. Some claim the road was blocked cos of the sealing of the new PDP secretariat.. How does that require blocking the road? The excesses of these policemen need to be checked. They mount road blocks as they deem fit with no justification whatsoever. That's how the one that calls herself Patience, will go around preventing pple frm going about their normal business by blocking roads cos she's in town.. what nonsense. This is outrageous..this doesn't require blocking the road. Its simply a matter of sealing off the place and prevent people from entering the facility. If they ve to stay on the road..good.they keep watch...instead of blocking it, they will ensure everyone taking that route is not a security threat..that's how they handle such situations in civilised countries.

3. I believe President Jonathan is one of the dumbest President ever.. He's not smart at all. When u want to fight ur enemy as a man in power, u fight them discreetly. Jonathan is so clueless..he fights them openly and foolishly. Every attempt he makes to intimidate Amaechi turn around to bite him hard. mobilising 5 men to impeach speaker? And now authorising the blocking of the road, as well as giving those security operatives the morale to prevent Ameachi from going through.. Who does that? Let him go back and learn how to properly use power..instead of giving in to childish tantrums

4. Some say Amaechi is just pulling publicity stunts..so? I shud blame him? This is politics..u take advantage of ur opponents dullness and foolishness. That's wat Amaechi keeps doing. The President who created a scenario where such stunt could be pulled is the one who should bow his head in shame. He just gave Nigerians one more reason to point fingers at him.. He played right into the opposition hands. I ve alwys wondered if that man have any adviser..cos it don't look like it

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Abelsconcept(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2013
Joyfullyme: wink
We know our man.....
He told us how they attacked Chidi Lloyd and now how they stopped him from entering the Government House.
grin
the alternative routes you suggested are one-way traffic roads leading to the BMH. Those of us who use the road can testify this. Am not supporting Amaechi or the whoever is behind this show of shame, but my argument is that all this is a slap on the democracy we so passionately advocated for.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Joyfullyme: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
wink

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Joyfullyme: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
Abel's concept:
the alternative routes you suggested are one-way traffic roads leading to the BMH. Those of us who use the road can testify this. Am not supporting Amaechi or the whoever is behind this show of shame, but my argument is that all this is a slap on the democracy we so passionately advocated for.
My brother that is 110% wrong.
The alternative routes are not one way roads to BMH.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by omogidi234(m): 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
tokunboh:

I guessed you did not take time to think these through before you type plus you may not have gone through the discussion trail. The boldest part of your statement actually tells you about the powers of the president and the limitations of the Governor when it comes to police matters - that's one of the simple explanation of separation of powers. The earlier post from your friend (or is it you with a different moniker) says the police should always obey whatever the governor says - they are not answerable to him. Any governor that tries to dictate to the police is usurping powers of the president regarding police matters. I hope you've been able to pick one or two points from here.
PS: we should always endeavour to research topics not just on the surface but deeply so we can have a proper understanding of it. You just got owned by an engineer that has never sat in a government class in secondary school

Oga, engineer, President is an Executive arm at the federal level while Governor is an executive arm at the state level since we practice " federalism". The issue of who controls the Police between the President and the Governor is Concurrent Power or Exclusive Power and not separation of power. Please Google separation of power. The term is used only when you are referring to the Powers of President Jonathan, Mark, Tambuwal and Aloma Mukthar as distinct. It is not a term you will use when you are referring to President Jonathan's power and that of Ameachi's.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by waliezi(m): 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
igala1:
If they seal up d building do they have to block d road too. Haba! There are other road users that are not politicians. I was asked to turn back too.
. It might interest u 2kno dat there was also an inteligence report dat som members of d other faction of PDP was planing 2blow up that facility that same 9t.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by waliezi(m): 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
sweetcheecks:

[b] POLITICS 101 FOR NIGERIANS!
@SincereNigerian hope you are in the first row, becouse it seems you missed politics while attending your physiology class in which case you have no business discussing politics with myopic view.

On the above, party politics have no place in state(Federal government in the case of Nigeria) affairs. If PDP which is a party not the state( Federal Republic Government) was unhappy with their governor regarding internal affairs, they should have recalled their governer according to their PDP party constituion not this way. The governor of a state has a contract with the state unless the state (FG) after due process has been informed of changes and a new contract has been drawn to replace a residing governor. No one has a right to over turn a state contract without informing the state if such changes. Party (PDP) & State (FG) are not one entity, if treated as one that constitute DICTATORSHIP. State ( FG) Police force is not and can never be part of the party (PDP) entity to use at will to further their will with out a court order.
[/b]

Only a court order can render an act as illegal not a Party(PDP) or a residing president, whether the president and party followers deem it unfair or an attack on the president. Remember Party(PDP) and State(FG) are not one under the law until a court decides on the fairness.Under a democratic state any citizen has a right to register a new party as long as it has a new name. New PDP (NPDP) has full right to exist under a democratic entity. Police have no right to close down such an entity unless there is a court order to do so.

I insist that the police has every right to stop the governor if what he's about to do will lead to break down of law and order. You guys forgot that president can declare state of emergency all over nation or any part of the country. When it comes to law and order or enforcing the law, extra-ordinary measures can be taken. I deal with FACTS, not sentiments. I also stated that if the reason for stopping the governor was not because of law and order or enforcing the law, then the police is wrong and those involved in the act
should be sanctioned. That is my position

[b]Your determination to protect an unlawful act here is totally wrong and dismally fails the rule of law. The police can not act outside the constitution or judiciary capacity and on behalf of an individual or party the court of law is the final authority on such matters. A president has not right to search
an ordinary citizen dwellings without a court order, so does he
posses no entittlement to disrupt a sitting governers routine without a court order. Law cannot be enforced in a vaccum in a democracratic society, the justice system is there to guard and direct. What you have just discribed is an authoritarian state/entity where the presiding officer decides on his own the way forward whether the life of its citizens are at stake or not. Obama cannot do anything on a tip of a suicide bomber without a go ahead from parliament or the state justice system.
SORRY BUT YOU ARE WRONG!! NIGERIA'S DEMOCRACY IS AT STAKE HERE, WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU TEACHING A SENSE OF HOPELESSNESS. YOU MIGHT NOT WANT A MILITARY RULR BUT YOU ARE PROMOTING A DICTATORSHIP.[/b]

Sorry for the intrusion, I am also an African. Now you can
insult me I will take it all for Africa, as tribute to Steve Biko, Africa deserves better than this¡ Smh
. @ Sweetchecks u were busy making no sense. Thk goodness it was a personality like GEJ that in charge else u won't be myopic in reasoning.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by waliezi(m): 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
egift:

I promise you that one day you will reap the reward of the evil you support. Gov. Amaechi will be vindicated. GEJ keep sinking.
. My friend in this case a make bold to tell u dat u ar d one 2reap evil u ar sowing by nt speaking against ameachi. 4 ur infor d last tin som fellows tried such act, ameachi influenced the police to arrested them all n charge them with cuiltism. Ameachi is reapin d evil now wait 4 urs it won't be long. Watch out....
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by waliezi(m): 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
Uteghe :
Jonathan has crossed the red line. The incorrigible retard is taking his lack of sense too far. Please where are the coup plotters.
Gej should never be allowed to flee when the guns start booming.
. @ least u n ur lik will nt leave to see dat time. No vex o!
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by waliezi(m): 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
moshino:

?
. It's a pity dat som fellows allow d media n bloody politicains to decieve them lik fools. 4 ur infor: Ameachi was not going to d govt house rather he was going to d same facility dat was sealed up by the police. Tak it or leave it. Thk goodness d police acted fast else anther act of chidi lloyding wod v occuredam
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by waliezi(m): 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
khaleesi: Sometimes I wonder how people reason in this country..in case you have been wondering why our Human rights are being flagrantly violated and abused evryday by the powers that be and its agent of enforcement..there u ve ur answer..ask no further.. Let's logically analyse this and put all sentiments outside.

1. Ameachi was going into the govt house..some are claiming there are numerous other routes into the vicnity..why should he take that particular route.. The Governor ve the right to take whatever route he chooses.. Are this pple aware of the term freedom of movement? Moreso the Governor, the nos 1 citizen of a state. Even if curfew is declared in a State..a Governor still ve right to move in that state. He is the one in Charge.. He is the Chief security officer of that state. Do we understand that fact? This is not evn a case of curfew..these re security agents allegedly barricading the road to prevent break down of law and order. This particular road leads to the Governor's house.. By all means respect the authority imposed on that office. The Governor should ve been allowed through. He wants to enter his house then let him. He wants to take that route, then let him. You can't force a Governor to take another Route..u can only advise him..that respect should always be there.

2. Some said he was prevented to avoid security threat.. are there creatures that will kill him if he take the route? Is there a bomber at the other end waiting to explode him to pieces? Is there a blood sucking vampire there? What exactly is the security threat that warrant preventing him from taking that route? Or maybe the threat is not on him, its on the state so they say letting him through will lead to break down of law and order. How? The facility is already sealed off. If he want to take a look at the facility, then he should go ahead. There are security operatives everywhere heavily armed. Their duty is to inform him, that base on the court ruling, they ve sealed off the facility. What will he do? Fight them? Bring out explosives and blow them all to pieces? Or maybe his aides will come out with guns and start shooting at the other opponents..with the Governor caught in the middle..bullets flying, bodies dropping, bomb exploding..behold Ameachi has become blood thirsty Rambo.. I can imagine him shouting "KILL THEM ALL".. Is that what will happen? This is a Governor..a man who has so much to lose. If he's so anxious to cause break down of law and order. He won't ve turned back to take another route.

2. Some claim the road was blocked cos of the sealing of the new PDP secretariat.. How does that require blocking the road? The excesses of these policemen need to be checked. They mount road blocks as they deem fit with no justification whatsoever. That's how the one that calls herself Patience, will go around preventing pple frm going about their normal business by blocking roads cos she's in town.. what nonsense. This is outrageous..this doesn't require blocking the road. Its simply a matter of sealing off the place and prevent people from entering the facility. If they ve to stay on the road..good.they keep watch...instead of blocking it, they will ensure everyone taking that route is not a security threat..that's how they handle such situations in civilised countries.

3. I believe President Jonathan is one of the dumbest President ever.. He's not smart at all. When u want to fight ur enemy as a man in power, u fight them discreetly. Jonathan is so clueless..he fights them openly and foolishly. Every attempt he makes to intimidate Amaechi turn around to bite him hard. mobilising 5 men to impeach speaker? And now authorising the blocking of the road, as well as giving those security operatives the morale to prevent Ameachi from going through.. Who does that? Let him go back and learn how to properly use power..instead of giving in to childish tantrums

4. Some say Amaechi is just pulling publicity stunts..so? I shud blame him? This is politics..u take advantage of ur opponents dullness and foolishness. That's wat Amaechi keeps doing. The President who created a scenario where such stunt could be pulled is the one who should bow his head in shame. He just gave Nigerians one more reason to point fingers at him.. He played right into the opposition hands. I ve alwys wondered if that man have any adviser..cos it don't look like it
. U succeded in doin notin bt soun sentimental yet adivced we keep sentiment apart. 9ja home of 2many characters
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by texaco1: 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
waliezi: . U succeded in doin notin bt soun sentimental yet adivced we keep sentiment apart. 9ja home of 2many characters
that guys post is the most senseleesss post on this thread .he succeed gallantly in making no point at all
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by frankson12000(m): 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
i support you waliezi
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by otunu: 8:04am On Sep 16, 2013
Mexyz: The route was blocked b4 Amaechi tuk it, so d police diverted his convoy 2 anoda route, is dat so hard 4 u guys to understnd? Evrytn na Gej abi? So u guys said he is power crazy? I thought he ws a slowpoke,retard n a dunce? So a slowpoke can b power crazy

Please which of the languages did you try to communicate in? There is a distant similarity of used texts, to English language embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Work On-going At 2nd Niger Bridge (video Proof) / INEC Website Hacked / Osinbajo: Pastor Adeboye Prayed For Me Before Helicopter Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.