Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House (34928 Views)

"We Found Stockpiles Of Dollars, Not Arms In AK Govt. House” — Official / Okowa Denied Access To Office On First Day At Work / What Rochas Okorocha Did To The Imo Govt House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by AZeD1(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The police authorities are not fools. No one is above the law. If Gov Amaechi engages in acts that infringes on the laws, it is the constitutional responsibility of the police to call the governor to order. No sentiments. However, if the police acted unlawfully in this instance, then the president should sanction whoever was responsible.
Your hypocrisy stinks to the highest heavens. How do you sleep at night?

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by pmc01(m): 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
As they are won't to say, do not drag the president into every (PDP)state domestic affairs. He doesn't have all the time for these kind of things.

grin grin grin

#Theshowkeepsgoing

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Abagworo(m): 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
swezenberg: With the way lawlessness is going I hope the military won't tell the President to take another route soon.

That's the part I'm surprised Jonathan's supporters seem not to understand. They keep giving the military reasons to disobey the President. It is really a dangerous trend. A coup will no longer surprise Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Olaolufred(m): 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Is that what the constitution says? If the governors entry into the govt house thru that route will cause break down of law and order, it is the constitutional responsibility of the police to prevent that from happening.

Like your entry into your house breaches the right of your neighbour.
In that case, your entry should be denied until confirmed otherwise.
Abi?

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by jude33084(m): 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
grin grin
A-ZeD:

Your hypocrisy stinks to the highest heavens. How do you sleep at night?
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by iconoclast(m): 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The police authorities are not fools. No one is above the law. If Gov Amaechi engages in acts that infringes on the laws, it is the constitutional responsibility of the police to call the governor to order. No sentiments. However, if the police acted unlawfully in this instance, then the president should sanction whoever was responsible.

This is the dumbest comment I've had the misfortune of reading. How can his actions be declared unlawful when the constitution clearly gives him immunity? Little wonder virtually everybody on this forum thinks you are a sycophant. Shame on you!

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by ilebaami: 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
Pribo: Pls the media shud not be seen as a ready tool in the hands of political jobers. Amaechi has earlier in the day thru his COS opened a parallel PDP office on Forces Avenue about three streets away from the Govt House back gate. The Police had stopped that lawlessness and had sealed off the office (which was Amaechi's former campaign office) and the adjoining streets.
The Gov'nor was going to the GH thro this blocked forces avenue and was barred from passing thro that road. He eventually went thro the main gate. Pls the facts shud be put straight. IF YOUBRING ANTS INFESTED
FIREWOOD. ....

SIMPLE. A lot of nairalanders are so Jona-phobic that they are as idiotic as the compromised AIT and such media.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
leggo:
stop speaking like an idiiot. are you new in NIGERIA?? we all know what you fresh air dispenser and the shepopo are capable of doing..
You guys are just shameless hypocrites. How many of you cried foul when Amaechi and his gang of northern governors cloned the PDP and called it newPDP and sacked the PDP leadership? Is it constitutional to clone an already existing body? It seems what determines what is wrong or right depends on whose on the receiving end. If the president is on the receiving end (like the newPDP) you celebrate but when those on the other end are at the receiving (eg NGF election, Rivers crisis) you scream illegality.

I insist that the police has every right to stop the governor if what he's about to do will lead to break down of law and order. You guys forgot that president can declare state of emergency all over nation or any part of the country. When it comes to law and order or enforcing the law, extra-ordinary measures can be taken. I deal with FACTS, not sentiments. I also stated that if the reason for stopping the governor was not because of law and order or enforcing the law, then the police is wrong and those involved in the act should be sanctioned. That is my position

11 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by abokinside: 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
Let Gej try this with Kwankwanso or Babangida Aliyu, why harras only Ameachi, try the other renegades too nah! 10 years of Gej govt is a disaster to any nation, he has spent 4 years already with a absolutely nothing tangible to show, so he needs to weep up ethnic and religious setiments cos thats the only way Gej can win an election in Nigeria.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Caseless: 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
which president? u trnna bamboozle everybody with this ur solution of president sanctioning those he sent to carryout his order.

beaf, keep quiet!
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by AZeD1(m): 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
iconoclast:

This is the dumbest comment I've had the misfortune of reading. How can his actions be declared unlawful when the constitution clearly gives him immunity? Little wonder virtually everybody on this forum[b] thinks you are a sycophant[/b]. Shame on you!
If this doesn't prove he is a sycophant, then the word sycophant should be removed from the dictionary.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by rodbel(m): 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
Pribo: Pls the media shud not be seen as a ready tool in the hands of political jobers. Amaechi has earlier in the day thru his COS opened a parallel PDP office on Forces Avenue about three streets away from the Govt House back gate. The Police had stopped that lawlessness and had sealed off the office (which was Amaechi's former campaign office) and the adjoining streets.
The Gov'nor was going to the GH thro this blocked forces avenue and was barred from passing thro that road. He eventually went thro the main gate. Pls the facts shud be put straight. IF YOU BRING ANTS INFESTED FIREWOOD. ....

When did it become their right to tell him which gate to use to his house. U mean your housemaid can bar you from entering your house through the back door if you so wish?
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by AZeD1(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You guys are just shameless hypocrites. How many of you cried foul when Amaechi and his gang of northern governors cloned the PDP and called it newPDP? Is it constitutional to clone an already existing body? It seems what determines what is wrong or right depends on whose on the receiving end. If the president is on the receiving end (like the newPDP) you celebrate but when those on the other end are at the receiving (eg NGF election, Rivers crisis) you scream illegality.

I insist that the police has every right to stop the governor if what he's about to do with lead to break down of law and order. You guys forgot that president can declare state of emergency all over nation. When it comes to law and order, extra-ordinary measures can be taken. I deal with FACTS, not sentiments. I also stated that if the reason for stopping the governor was not because of law and order, then the police is wrong and those involved in the act should be sanctioned. That is my position
Can you point out the part of the constitution that makes it illegal to form a rival faction in a party? Almost all political parties in Nigeria have at one point had a fraction (APGA most recently).. Can you please tell us what actions the police took then?

3 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by pmc01(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
Pattey:

Must you comment? I feel soooo tempted to call you a damned fool but I won't.

What has your comment got to do with a serving governor being denied access to the government house!!??!!! Even if his convoy was 'diverted', when did that start in Nigeria?

Are you aware of the security implication? Incase you're so daft and blinded (not saying you are, just in case you are) in being a GEJ apologist, the routes are carefully chosen and planned in advance.
What happens if the diversion was to lead them into a trap?

Lastly, eventho I want to call your comment an idiotic spin, last time I checked, Governors still enjoy immunity from ANY legal proceeding. That makes your comment as inconsequentially dumb as GEJ you desperately advocate for.

I still refuse to describe You as the slowpoke you are. You shall not hear it from me.

shocked grin Diplomatic Yabbis grin grin shocked

3 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Osama10(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by chakula: 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
I begin to like Ameachi and I forsee him on high standard in the near future.

However, it was the silly president that makes him to looks popular and people like me have no idea about who is Ameachi then thus, citizens are now sympathise with him and, the threats he is recieving from the presidency will also brave him.

In addition, the FG may probably loose the battle and the poor Ameachi will give them a huge blow that can shame them all.

Finally, my question is who authorise the CP to denied the NO 1 security of the state to halt from accessing his office?

Note that,

People like InsincereNigerian and the likes deserve no attention, they have been paid for what they are doing here, so wasting enery and time in responding them is meaningless, valueless and worthless.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Mexyz(m): 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
The route was blocked b4 Amaechi tuk it, so d police diverted his convoy 2 anoda route, is dat so hard 4 u guys to understnd? Evrytn na Gej abi? So u guys said he is power crazy? I thought he ws a slowpoke,retard n a dunce? So a slowpoke can b power crazy

8 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by rodbel(m): 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You guys are just shameless hypocrites. How many of you cried foul when Amaechi and his gang of northern governors cloned the PDP and called it newPDP and sacked the PDP leadership? Is it constitutional to clone an already existing body? It seems what determines what is wrong or right depends on whose on the receiving end. If the president is on the receiving end (like the newPDP) you celebrate but when those on the other end are at the receiving (eg NGF election, Rivers crisis) you scream illegality.

I insist that the police has every right to stop the governor if what he's about to do will lead to break down of law and order. You guys forgot that president can declare state of emergency all over nation or any part of the country. When it comes to law and order or enforcing the law, extra-ordinary measures can be taken. I deal with FACTS, not sentiments. I also stated that if the reason for stopping the governor was not because of law and order or enforcing the law, then the police is wrong and those involved in the act should be sanctioned. That is my position

I triple dare you and your master to declare a state of emergency. Then............
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Wallie(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
1. The CP is now the judge, jury and executioner? The police should be enforcing the judgment of a competent court and should never be interpreting the law!
2. I can honestly now see why having a State police will cause more havoc than good!

What shortsighted people fail to realize is that precedence is being set for future politicians in power to follow. Politicizing the police and/or military is just a step below executing a coup because people in power can just use those with guns to do their bidding at any time of their choosing.

If all it takes for our institutions to be bastardized is the act of a CP, then the whole system needs revamping starting with the judicial system.

What if the populace, assuming armed (MEND, OPC, militants, etc), now wants to protect their governor? Wouldn’t that lead to a confrontation with the police with both sides thinking they’re right? What role will the military play and who would be in charge?

Make una thread softly softly o!
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by farochron(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
ujoinme:

Why must you always bring the issue of the military take over! it is either you are too young to remember how bad it was in those days or you are one of those who benefited from the military largesse.

In democracy everywhere,there is always power tussle and leaders use whatever means to secure power, there is one ongoing between Amaechi and the present admin. Thats usual in a democracy time will tell who will prevail.
Before you guys start casting stones i will advice that you wait till the real story comes out. do you guys know what circumstances surrounded the police blockade? did they know it was the gov? did they think it was someone else trying to access the govt. house? did the police know the gov. itinerary? until more information is out on the issue, we all will be making baseless assumptions.

for you who is advocating military take over remember as much as i do not like the way GEJ and amaechi are going about their disagreement,that in military days Amaechi will not be acting the way he been acting towards the govt. at the centre. He is accorded this rights because we have democracy hence ability to dissent.
No matter how bad our democracy is we should all be rooting for it because the worst democracy is better than the best military rule. and as nigerians we know this by experience.

I think from all you've stated you are the one that is too young to understand what democracy means.

You need to answer the following questions:

Who is the chief security officer of the state?
Who should first be briefed of any security breach?
who should escalate security matters to the center?

Now back to sweezenberg's statement. You also need to know when a statement is implied from an assertion because you have concluded in your mind that he's calling for a military coup. This is why the likes of you lose in court.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Pribo(m): 9:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
rodbel:

When did it become their right to tell him which gate to use to his house. U mean your housemaid can bar you from entering your house through the back door if you so wish?
Can't you see that the Police had to act that way because he Amaechi is an accomplice in the issues that led to the sealing of the road in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by ujoinme: 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
farochron:

I think from all you've stated you are the one that is too young to understand what democracy means.

You need to answrr the following questions:

Who is the chief security officer of the state?
Who should first be briefed of any security breach?
who should escalate security matters to the center?

Now back to my statement. You also need to know when a statement is implied from an assertion because you have concluded in your mind that I'm calling for a military coup. This is why the likes of you lose in court.

your questions are irrelevant here. stop commenting on issues you know nothing about! Do you know the facts of the case or u just what to showcase your armchair analytic flair. my friend wait till the fact emerges before you try the case.

You have no clue why the governors envoy was blocked or if the news is even true
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by MyMouth(m): 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
HAH: I dare Goodluck Jonathan and the IGP to try this with Rabiu Kwankwaso of kanoor Wammako of Sokoto then we will see if they really have balls.

who born am to try this with the northern governors.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Wallie(m): 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

1. If the president or any other person feels aggrieved, they should seek redress in court especially when it concerns "illegality".
2. Where did the police get the "authority" to stop a sitting governor? The police are meant to enforce the judgment as passed by the judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by duality(m): 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
Look at them crying for Amaechi. Mcheeew...

The governor must be slow to have met a road block. no advance team? was it a deliberate attempt to create a Scene?

5 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by leggo: 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

so are you admitting that the president ordered this? if he is going to cause harm why dont they just detain him??This is an act to bring disrepute ..nuff said
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by noblefada: 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
I'm just laughing, is this joke or what?!!
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by farochron(m): 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
ujoinme:

your questions are irrelevant here. stop commenting on issues you know nothing about! Do you know the facts of the case or u just what to showcase your armchair analytic flair. my friend wait till the fact emerges before you try the case.

You have no clue why the governors envoy was blocked or if the news is even true

You that know the reason should give us the reason now. As a GEJ apologist you should know before the governor
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by olaplus170(m): 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
BTW, this is a total dance of shame hapennin in Nig. Imagine mere dusts who dnt even knw if they wl b alive til 2015 fighting for rubbish.. smh.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by adee42: 9:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
in dis case, I don't tink goodluck wil b willing to sanction himself
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by leggo: 9:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
duality: Look at them crying for Amaechi. Mcheeew...

The governor must be slow to have met a road block. no advance team? was it a deliberate attempt to create a Scene?
ha!!!! JESUS!! how can one man carry a dual portion of stuppidity?? Get help

5 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Absugardaddy(m): 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
is nat democratic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rivers SARS Commander Holds Umbrella For Dakuku Peterside. See Reactions / Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing / Bandit Shoes Designed Like Cow Footprints To Confuse Trackers -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.