Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis (23221 Views)

President Obama's Speech To Americans On Syria Crisis / Syria Crisis: Russia Urges Assad To Give Up Chemical Weapons To Avoid US Strike / Syria Crisis: Obama Wins Backingfor Military Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by christiscomin: 9:06am On Sep 13, 2013
Lordave: nice one
Where on earth did you hear the US veto palestianian independece, the US even if druged will never do such, otherwise Isreal will deal with them. Palestianian is still the largest World prison created by Isreal and US..... I ask almighty GOD to enter into these world leaders and let peace reign.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by GHKWAME(m): 9:08am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: russia fough in afganistan for 8 years in the 80's and france has now fought in afganistan for 11 years. Let's define by your twisted premise who is a coward or surrender monkey.
They left the fighting areas to Us/Britain and Canada, and stayed back to concentrate on ripping their puppet african french countries. Look at Mali, after two weeks they were pulling out!
They can't stand the Heat!
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by victorv12(m): 9:09am On Sep 13, 2013
World war 3 is inevitable. Putin is getting himself prepared. By that time, I'll be in my beloved country, 9jaa, before they start nuking the entire 50 states.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by GHKWAME(m): 9:16am On Sep 13, 2013
Lordave: Some dîck heads have already fallen for this crap Putin calls a letter to America.
So many uninformed and follow follows are now pointing an accusing finger at the US.

Putin has won the heart of children and ignoramuses on this site.
Shame, on how just a write up could twist the mind of people making them look like clits overnight.

Please must you insult? Some of us have Phd's in that department Sir.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by loswhite(m): 9:18am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

How are they sissies? They double-dared the yanks and NATO 2weeks ago like they have been doing for the past 2 years - why didn't the almighty yank and its dogs attack Syria? That alone should tell you who the pus.sy is!!

Putin saw a window of opportunity to help Obama save-face and he's just trying to be diplomatic. Even after he wrote this letter - he announced that Russia would be selling the s300 missiles to Iran, after cancelling it based on the agreement he had with US and Israel. So who's the pus.sy?
there is no pus.sy in this matter. It is not in their interest to fight each other cos in the end there will be no victory 4 any party, so they have to respect each other
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by GHKWAME(m): 9:19am On Sep 13, 2013
christ is comin:
Where on earth did you hear the US veto palestianian independece, the US even if druged will never do such, otherwise Isreal will deal with them. Palestianian is still the largest World prison created by Isreal and US..... I ask almighty GOD to enter into these world leaders and let peace reign.

Obama to Abbas: U.S. will veto
Palestinian statehood bid at UN
U.S. President appeals to Palestinian
President at meeting on sidelines of
UN General Assembly; ahead of
Clinton meeting, Netanyahu says
West Bank settlement freeze not an
option.

http://www.haaretz.com/mobile/obama-to-abbas-u-s-will-veto-palestinian-statehood-bid-at-un-1.385932
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by sylve11: 9:21am On Sep 13, 2013
I like d last lines. cool
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by loswhite(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2013
safarigirl: Dear Putin, your write-up was intelligent and thought-provoking. Concerning your last paragraph, that homo-supporting, animal- phucking anti-christ in the white house, unfortunately does NOT beleive in God or give 2 phucks bout Him, don't desecrate the name of the Most High when addressing demonic entities. Shalom.
are u saying because he supports gay he is demonic? If u say yes to that, then can we call u demonic because u fornicate or because u support ur friends dat are sleeping with their boyfriends. The sins of gays are not greater than fornicators.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by luluosas(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2013
I pray this Syria logjam is amicably settle in peace by the grace of God.
But, should America actually strike Syria as they planned to, will Russia and Vladimir Putin wait for UN resolution before they will also carry out their strike against America as they planned?
I am asking!
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by loswhite(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx: Honestly, I still don't know why people always underestimate Russia.

Apart from Navy and arguably the airforce, the Russians are superior to the Americans.

They have more nuclear warheads, better cruise missiles, better defense capabilities, better army in terms of moral, better space technology, better ICBMs, and better in almost all other facets.

And with what Russia and Putin is cooking, by 2020, the Russian navy and airforce should be at par, if not better than the yank's.

So what's all this nonsense about America's invincibility about?
clearly u are anti- American. Nobody is invincible not even the Russians. Nobody uses a nuclear warhead in today's war so count it out. It will only be unleashed wen u feel u have lost everything .
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by GHKWAME(m): 9:32am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: 1. yeah. And russia has used it's veto power in the U.N to protect a murdering dictator. Assad and other rough nations like north korea and iran. 2.The u.s veto palestinian independence but at lease it is debated and they now have observer status in the U.N, a peace plan is being worked out. 3.Does russia even allow chechyna independence to be discussed? How many of their leaders has he killed to prevent the discussion from even being discussed. Tell that to all the children putin has killed is chechyna and georgia. 4. All you fustrated nigerian who were denied u.s visa coming here to sob and support russia, the country of stalin and kruzchev. How appaling.
1. Us has been supporting puppet countries like Bahrain who crushed their population with a vengeance, during the arab spring. why? Because US has a military base in Bahrain.

2. Observer status means Israel can continue to humiliate and kill palestinians at will.

3. Will US allow the state of New York secceding be discussed?

4. I am Ghanaian, and I aint sobbing for a country who have a history of lynching Blacks.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by deols(f): 9:34am On Sep 13, 2013
Obama won the world over by exactly this.

He appealed to our sensitivity.

He said wars could be won with dialogue. How so early he forgot. undecided That is one perfect example of how power corrupts.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 9:45am On Sep 13, 2013
GH KWAME:
They left the fighting areas to Us/Britain and Canada, and stayed back to concentrate on ripping their puppet african french countries. Look at Mali, after two weeks they were pulling out!
They can't stand the Heat!
my friend. France has fought in afganistan for 11 years before pulling out according to their aggreement with the u.s who will be withdrawing in 2014, secondly. France left mali after weeks because it pushed back the rebels and had to hand over to the malians to hold their country. Do you expect them to stay forever? When last did the u.k or u.s independently invade nations but france within a span of two years invaded ivory coast and mali while still fighting in afganistan and helped in bombing libya.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 9:49am On Sep 13, 2013
GH KWAME:
1. Us has been supporting puppet countries like Bahrain who crushed their population with a vengeance, during the arab spring. why? Because US has a military base in Bahrain.

2. Observer status means Israel can continue to humiliate and kill palestinians at will.

3. Will US allow the state of New York secceding be discussed?

4. I am Ghanaian, and I aint sobbing for a country who have a history of lynching Blacks.
my dear friend, i am not arguing with you about who is good between russians and america. They are selfish nations who care about their interest what i am speaking against is the idiotic hypocriscy of russia to attempt to take a higher ground and lecture the u.s! I will not accept such rubbish. Whatever you outlined in your post. Russia has done same or worse.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by loswhite(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: Anybody on the forum supporting russia either does not know what the russian federation is, or is just plainly ignorant to foreign affairs and should stick to gossip, romance and celebrity threads.
most are anti- American.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by nbright: 10:15am On Sep 13, 2013
but when we ask for the
Lord's blessings, we must not forget that
God created us equal.
This guy is right... God did create us equal
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 10:23am On Sep 13, 2013
nbright: This guy is right... God did create us equal
of course he is right. But does he practise what he just preached?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Italiano1: 10:31am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

1. I already cite EU and the EU laws govern all its member states (though they also have their own laws) when it comes to equality and equity - akin to federal and state laws in America. However, if you want me to be direct - then I would go for UK, Germany, France, Austria, Holland etc..

2. Since you have accepted that the American system isn't perfect, just as Russia's - then that definitely should end the debate. That was what the debate was about and the inability of Americophiles to accept that the American system is also not as perfect as the media wants us to believe. And that there's no perfect system. You just have to make use of what works best for you - hence why I'm against external inteference.
As for the prison population, the historical and sociological dimension shouldn't have a bearing on that since America prides itself as face of freedom and equality. So evidently, there's no excuse for making people slaves in their own country.

3. You can't compare the political ideology of EU countries to America's. Most, if not all, don't have a two-party system. The UK for example isn't a two-party state. You've got Labour, Tories, Liberal Democrats, UKIP, SNP, BNP etc.. Heck, the present government is a coalition between Liberal Democrats and the Tories, with the rest in the opposition. The same for the rest of the EU - unlike the US where it's always between the Democrats and Republicans. - and they're both basically the same when you compare the moderates from the two parties.

4. Has Bush been held accountable for the war crimes he committed? And why are the criminalistic banksters on Wall Street still roaming the streets after all the crimes they have committed?

Do not let us forget what we are discussing here, you said that "And when did equality, transparency, democracy and equity became an American thing? Now that you have given specific examples, can you explain how those countries exhibit those qualities better than America?

2. Like you have rightly acknowledged there is no perfect system anywhere but I am curious as to what you mean by external interference? America has really tried to avoid interfering in the crises in the Middle East in the last 3 years. Obama has been labelled a weak President by the EU, the Republicans because he did not bring in the US military to Libya, Egypt, Tunisia etc while the French and UK forces went to Libya and Mali. America finds itself in a very tight spot, if they dont intervene when there is anarchy and total breakdown of law and order in these countries- they are castigated and when they indeed decide to step in and curb the excesses of a government that is using chemical weapons on its citizens, they are refered to as imperialists- dont you see the irony there?

You seem to stressing on the prison population in the USA, while it bears some semblance of injustice but you would have to agree that the vast majority of prisoners have committed crimes and are being punished for their crimes.

3. While most EU countries do not have a two party in name, their political ideology is not dissimilar to that of the US- they are both essentially divided into Liberal and Conservative ideologies. Where they differ is that EU countries have platforms for people who do not belong to neither of the two extremes for example, the Liberal Democrats share the Conservative view of Free market while they believe in Labour's liberal policies in a lot of issues like Abortion, Gay marraige, etc. The same you find in Germany, Italy , Netherlands, France - their politics is fundamentally divided into Conservatism and Liberalism, with fringe parties who share elements of both becoming coalition partners.

You are comparing apples and oranges here, Please remember that the USA practices a different political system to that of Europe- there is a difference between the parliamentary system and the Federal system. You should also note that anyone in the US can contest for political positions as an independent and we have seen politicians who have successfully done this.

4. I find your point about Bush particularly disturbing. It is not America's duty to bring Bush to Justice whatever that means, he was the President of the US when an act of war was carried out on American soil- you and I can forever debate on the methods of the American response to the 9/11 attacks but surely you cannot be saying America should not have responded? It is the duty of the ICJ to take Bush to court - I wish them luck because while they are at it- they have to arrest Tony Blair, Putin, Cameron, Sarkozy, Hollande, Obasanjo, GEJ and many many others for various crimes against humanity undecided

To be fair, America has brought more bankers to justice more than the EU has done. Name one top banker that has been prosecuted in the UK due to their incompetency and negligence during the economic crises? Fred the Shred Goodwin is still living the highlife while the State via the UK taxpayers are still paying for his gross mismanagement at RBS that nearly brought the UK financial sector down.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by nbright: 10:32am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: of course he is right. But does he practise what he just preached?
Tough one there... Can you please mention one?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by maafen: 10:38am On Sep 13, 2013
It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see
themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There
are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those
with long democratic traditions and those still finding their
way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all
different, but when we ask for the Lord's blessings, we must
not forget that God created us equal.
GBAM
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by thelastmediator: 10:43am On Sep 13, 2013
# singing Fela # wetin unite o for United Nation, who and who unite for United Nation. A house that divides against itself will not stand.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by DaJulee(f): 10:54am On Sep 13, 2013
Omexonomy: According to the last sentence When did russians started believing in God?
My kwestion is who will call all those wicked leaders or president to order. Is it the toothless bulldog call the UN or what. As a contrast to what putin is saying cheack my signature.

What do they Beleive If Not God Do U think its Only Christian that Call God Who is Allah(In Islam) is it not the God Christains Call Him Jehovah(God), So?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by GHKWAME(m): 11:03am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: my friend. France has fought in afganistan for 11 years before pulling out according to their aggreement with the u.s who will be withdrawing in 2014, secondly. France left mali after weeks because it pushed back the rebels and had to hand over to the malians to hold their country. Do you expect them to stay forever? When last did the u.k or u.s independently invade nations but france within a span of two years invaded ivory coast and mali while still fighting in afganistan and helped in bombing libya.

My friend, fight is ambigious, France was part of the Coalition that invaded Afghanistan, but the fact remains that they shy away from the battle zones, in any case, Russia was in action alone against the US backed musahadeen who trained folks like Osama Binladen and provided them with sophisticated military arsenals to fight against Russia.
Ivory Coast was not invaded by France, they had a military base there it exists in all french former african colonies. Please mali did not have a fighting army, besides they went to chase away poorly funded overzealous bandits.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by GHKWAME(m): 11:04am On Sep 13, 2013
United States is the number1 terrorist country in the world. Fact

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by meforyou1(m): 11:14am On Sep 13, 2013
exceptional lagosians, hear putin "It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation"
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 11:16am On Sep 13, 2013
nbright: Tough one there... Can you please mention one?
gays are arrested and persecuted in russia. Were they not created equal? Russia arrest, persecute and even kill journalist who speak ill of the government. Eg. Vladimir kizingski. Dimitry kizkov. Were they not created equal, russia oppreses chenynians and purnishes any sign of indepedent tendecies, were chechynians not created equal? Russial invaded and killed scores of georgians, were georgians not created equal..should i go on?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by GHKWAME(m): 11:18am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: my dear friend, i am not arguing with you about who is good between russians and america. They are selfish nations who care about their interest what i am speaking against is the idiotic hypocriscy of russia to attempt to take a higher ground and lecture the u.s! I will not accept such rubbish. Whatever you outlined in your post. Russia has done same or worse.

You must accept such rubbish, because the USA have been the one preaching Virtue whilst it practices Vice. Russia is only returning the favour. This is a diplomatic coup for Russia. I will choose Russia over USA anyday!
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Kk4(m): 11:26am On Sep 13, 2013
Waspy: Sh!!t.. I'm easily bought.... This write up just won me over. Pro-Putin!!!

Hahahaha.
I feel your pain
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 11:27am On Sep 13, 2013
GH KWAME:

My friend, fight is ambigious, France was part of the Coalition that invaded Afghanistan, but the fact remains that they shy away from the battle zones, in any case, Russia was in action alone against the US backed musahadeen who trained folks like Osama Binladen and provided them with sophisticated military arsenals to fight against Russia.
Ivory Coast was not invaded by France, they had a military base there it exists in all french former african colonies. Please mali did not have a fighting army, besides they went to chase away poorly funded overzealous bandits.

france shy away from fighting in afganistan but secretary of state john kerry, chairman of the joint chiefs. Pat dempsy and chief of army staff general raymond odierno said the french were the most experience and expert forces they have worked with in afganistan. You still have'nt explained to me why a so called surrender country has fought in more wars or conflict than the u.k and u.s since world war 2. Mali has no standing army? Was it scouts that performed the coup that happened there last year? This arguement is so boggous. I'm fed up.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 11:30am On Sep 13, 2013
GH KWAME:

You must accept such rubbish, because the USA have been the one preaching Virtue whilst it practices Vice. Russia is only returning the favour. This is a diplomatic coup for Russia. I will choose Russia over USA anyday!

if you love russia more than u.s, that is your concern. It's not my buisness. I am not here to convince you. I am here to make the point that there is no differnce between these two countries. Russia is worse. Simple!
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 13, 2013
International political chess-game! One believed in unjustifiable force while the other spins diplomacy.

Are these two countries devoid of selfish interests in this syrian debacle? I'll say no cos its all a game of interests but let's see who checkmate the other at the end.

Nice one from PUTIN and its time other world leaders put americas arrogance to check.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by PStacks(m): 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2013
Heavens know I'm a Barrack Obama Fan but this guy is winning my heart like crazy.. This putin guy is so very unassuming.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Jails Fatima Al-Shawarbi 30 Years For Criticizing Neom On Twitter / Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures / 'Silence Is Betrayal': Prince Harry Hits Buckingham Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.