Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis (23223 Views)

President Obama's Speech To Americans On Syria Crisis / Syria Crisis: Russia Urges Assad To Give Up Chemical Weapons To Avoid US Strike / Syria Crisis: Obama Wins Backingfor Military Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by mmadueze(m): 10:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
Dospix: By Vladimir Putin, Russian President, for The New York Times

Recent events surrounding Syria have prompted me to speak directly to the American people and their political leaders. It is important to do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies.

Relations between us have passed through different stages. We stood against each other during the Cold War. But we were also allies once, and defeated the Nazis together. The universal international organisation - the United Nations - was then established to prevent such devastation from ever happening again.

The United Nations' founders understood that decisions affecting war and peace should happen only by consensus, and with America's consent the veto by Security Council permanent members was enshrined in the United Nations Charter. The profound wisdom of this has underpinned the stability of international relations for decades.

No one wants the United Nations to suffer the fate of the League of Nations, which collapsed because it lacked real leverage. This is possible if influential countries bypass the United Nations and take military action without Security Council authorisation.

The potential strike by the United States against Syria, despite strong opposition from many countries and major political and religious leaders, including the Pope, will result in more innocent victims and escalation, potentially spreading the conflict far beyond Syria's borders.

A strike would increase violence and unleash a new wave of terrorism. It could undermine multilateral efforts to resolve the Iranian nuclear problem and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and further destabilise the Middle East and North Africa. It could throw the entire system of international law and order out of balance.

Syria is not witnessing a battle for democracy, but an armed conflict between government and opposition in a multireligious country. There are few champions of democracy in Syria. But there are more than enough Qaeda fighters and extremists of all stripes battling the government.

The United States State Department has designated Al Nusra Front and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, fighting with the opposition, as terrorist organisations. This internal conflict, fuelled by foreign weapons supplied to the opposition, is one of the bloodiest in the world.

Mercenaries from Arab countries fighting there, and hundreds of militants from Western countries and even Russia, are an issue of our deep concern. Might they not return to our countries with experience acquired in Syria? After all, after fighting in Libya, extremists moved on to Mali. This threatens us all.

From the outset, Russia has advocated peaceful dialogue enabling Syrians to develop a compromise plan for their own future. We are not protecting the Syrian government, but international law. We need to use the United Nations Security Council and believe that preserving law and order in today's complex and turbulent world is one of the few ways to keep international relations from sliding into chaos.

The law is still the law, and we must follow it whether we like it or not. Under current international law, force is permitted only in self-defence or by the decision of the Security Council. Anything else is unacceptable under the United Nations Charter and would constitute an act of aggression.

No one doubts that poison gas was used in Syria. But there is every reason to believe it was used not by the Syrian army, but by opposition forces, to provoke intervention by their powerful foreign patrons, who would be siding with the fundamentalists. Reports that militants are preparing another attack - this time against Israel - cannot be ignored.

It is alarming that military intervention in internal conflicts in foreign countries has become commonplace for the United States. Is it in America's long-term interest? I doubt it. Millions around the world increasingly see America not as a model of democracy but as relying solely on brute force, cobbling coalitions together under the slogan "you're either with us or against us".

But force has proved ineffective and pointless. Afghanistan is reeling, and no one can say what will happen after international forces withdraw. Libya is divided into tribes and clans. In Iraq the civil war continues, with dozens killed each day. In the United States, many draw an analogy between Iraq and Syria, and ask why their government would want to repeat recent mistakes.

No matter how targeted the strikes or how sophisticated the weapons, civilian casualties are inevitable, including the elderly and children, whom the strikes are meant to protect.

The world reacts by asking: if you cannot count on international law, then you must find other ways to ensure your security. Thus a growing number of countries seek to acquire weapons of mass destruction. This is logical: if you have the bomb, no one will touch you. We are left with talk of the need to strengthen non-proliferation, when in reality this is being eroded.

We must stop using the language of force and return to the path of civilised diplomatic and political settlement.

A new opportunity to avoid military action has emerged in the past few days. The United States, Russia and all members of the international community must take advantage of the Syrian government's willingness to place its chemical arsenal under international control for subsequent destruction.

Judging by the statements of President Obama, the United States sees this as an alternative to military action.

I welcome the president's interest in continuing the dialogue with Russia on Syria. We must work together to keep this hope alive, as we agreed to at the Group of 8 meeting in Lough Erne in Northern Ireland in June, and steer the discussion back toward negotiations.

If we can avoid force against Syria, this will improve the atmosphere in international affairs and strengthen mutual trust. It will be our shared success and open the door to cooperation on other critical issues.

My working and personal relationship with President Obama is marked by growing trust. I appreciate this. I carefully studied his address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States' policy is "what makes America different. It's what makes us exceptional".

It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord's blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-plea-for-caution-from-russia-on-syria.html
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by mmadueze(m): 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2013

Recent events surrounding Syria have prompted me to speak directly to the American people and their political leaders. It is important to do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies.

Relations between us have passed through different stages. We stood against each other during the Cold War. But we were also allies once, and defeated the Nazis together. The universal international organisation - the United Nations - was then established to prevent such devastation from ever happening again.

The United Nations' founders understood that decisions affecting war and peace should happen only by consensus, and with America's consent the veto by Security Council permanent members was enshrined in the United Nations Charter. The profound wisdom of this has underpinned the stability of international relations for decades.

No one wants the United Nations to suffer the fate of the League of Nations, which collapsed because it lacked real leverage. This is possible if influential countries bypass the United Nations and take military action without Security Council authorisation.

The potential strike by the United States against Syria, despite strong opposition from many countries and major political and religious leaders, including the Pope, will result in more innocent victims and escalation, potentially spreading the conflict far beyond Syria's borders.

A strike would increase violence and unleash a new wave of terrorism. It could undermine multilateral efforts to resolve the Iranian nuclear problem and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and further destabilise the Middle East and North Africa. It could throw the entire system of international law and order out of balance.

Syria is not witnessing a battle for democracy, but an armed conflict between government and opposition in a multireligious country. There are few champions of democracy in Syria. But there are more than enough Qaeda fighters and extremists of all stripes battling the government.

The United States State Department has designated Al Nusra Front and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, fighting with the opposition, as terrorist organisations. This internal conflict, fuelled by foreign weapons supplied to the opposition, is one of the bloodiest in the world.

Mercenaries from Arab countries fighting there, and hundreds of militants from Western countries and even Russia, are an issue of our deep concern. Might they not return to our countries with experience acquired in Syria? After all, after fighting in Libya, extremists moved on to Mali. This threatens us all.

From the outset, Russia has advocated peaceful dialogue enabling Syrians to develop a compromise plan for their own future. We are not protecting the Syrian government, but international law. We need to use the United Nations Security Council and believe that preserving law and order in today's complex and turbulent world is one of the few ways to keep international relations from sliding into chaos.

The law is still the law, and we must follow it whether we like it or not. Under current international law, force is permitted only in self-defence or by the decision of the Security Council. Anything else is unacceptable under the United Nations Charter and would constitute an act of aggression.

No one doubts that poison gas was used in Syria. But there is every reason to believe it was used not by the Syrian army, but by opposition forces, to provoke intervention by their powerful foreign patrons, who would be siding with the fundamentalists. Reports that militants are preparing another attack - this time against Israel - cannot be ignored.

It is alarming that military intervention in internal conflicts in foreign countries has become commonplace for the United States. Is it in America's long-term interest? I doubt it. Millions around the world increasingly see America not as a model of democracy but as relying solely on brute force, cobbling coalitions together under the slogan "you're either with us or against us".

But force has proved ineffective and pointless. Afghanistan is reeling, and no one can say what will happen after international forces withdraw. Libya is divided into tribes and clans. In Iraq the civil war continues, with dozens killed each day. In the United States, many draw an analogy between Iraq and Syria, and ask why their government would want to repeat recent mistakes.

No matter how targeted the strikes or how sophisticated the weapons, civilian casualties are inevitable, including the elderly and children, whom the strikes are meant to protect.

The world reacts by asking: if you cannot count on international law, then you must find other ways to ensure your security. Thus a growing number of countries seek to acquire weapons of mass destruction. This is logical: if you have the bomb, no one will touch you. We are left with talk of the need to strengthen non-proliferation, when in reality this is being eroded.

We must stop using the language of force and return to the path of civilised diplomatic and political settlement.

A new opportunity to avoid military action has emerged in the past few days. The United States, Russia and all members of the international community must take advantage of the Syrian government's willingness to place its chemical arsenal under international control for subsequent destruction.

Judging by the statements of President Obama, the United States sees this as an alternative to military action.

I welcome the president's interest in continuing the dialogue with Russia on Syria. We must work together to keep this hope alive, as we agreed to at the Group of 8 meeting in Lough Erne in Northern Ireland in June, and steer the discussion back toward negotiations.

If we can avoid force against Syria, this will improve the atmosphere in international affairs and strengthen mutual trust. It will be our shared success and open the door to cooperation on other critical issues.

My working and personal relationship with President Obama is marked by growing trust. I appreciate this. I carefully studied his address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States' policy is "what makes America different. It's what makes us exceptional".

It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord's blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-plea-for-caution-from-russia-on-syria.html
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
shymexx: No country is holy!
Russia is the holiest.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
Lordave: you're just trying very hard to convince a lot of people that Russians ain't sissies in this case.
They certainly know that they have more to lose if it brakes out, hence, Putin is begging in a style.

You really know what Putin is feeling so I wouldn't say don't be deceived. And for those that're seeing putin as a saint, I've nothing to say to you all than to urge you guys to stop buying Shymexx's cheap propaganda. He sounds paid, like America has denied him something important in life.

Clueless Underdogs usually looks like Saints

How are they sissies? They double-dared the yanks and NATO 2weeks ago like they have been doing for the past 2 years - why didn't the almighty yank and its dogs attack Syria? That alone should tell you who the pus.sy is!!

Putin saw a window of opportunity to help Obama save-face and he's just trying to be diplomatic. Even after he wrote this letter - he announced that Russia would be selling the s300 missiles to Iran, after cancelling it based on the agreement he had with US and Israel. So who's the pus.sy?

5 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 10:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mmadueze, are you drunk?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 12, 2013
Lordave: Russia is the holiest.

Russia isn't holy, just like every other country on this planet.

Heck, the pope nor the rag-heads in Saudi Arabia can't claim holiness.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by luckynzo(m): 10:52pm On Sep 12, 2013
Whateva can be dnne to oust Assad's regime. The rebels will never win the war without the help of the U.S. This action is coming too late. Imagine how many lives could have been saved if they acted earlier. Two years and over 300,000 lives lost. C'mon. Na until e reach death toll of Rwandan genocide before we go wake up?

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by safarigirl(f): 10:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
Dear Putin, your write-up was intelligent and thought-provoking. Concerning your last paragraph, that homo-supporting, animal- phucking anti-christ in the white house, unfortunately does NOT beleive in God or give 2 phucks bout Him, don't desecrate the name of the Most High when addressing demonic entities. Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by DonaldGenes(m): 10:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
but when we ask for the Lord's blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

make i kukuma drop my big grammar for floor, oya nah. Una don hear am?

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by ravensckar(m): 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
The sooner America realizes dt being a world power is jst an occasional honor d bettr d wrld 4 all of us. Som1 shld plz tel me; has thr been any country America invades(millitarily n diplomatically) dt thr plight isn't worsened? talk of Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq,etc. until den,I stand corrected.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Italiano1: 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
shymexx:

Utter bollocks!

Who told you Russians don't believe in God? Russian is more of a Christian country than America is and has more Christians than America. Ever heard about orthodox Christians and why gay marriage was outlawed in Russia?

And when did equality, transparency, democracy and equity became an American thing?

Most of you are robots, with garbage in, garbage out. You definitely need to read more.

Very myopic view and shows lack of understanding.

Polish people and most Eastern European nations are just as anti- homosexuality but have no choice to tone their opposition due their membership of the EU . Go and do your research I beg you.

The USA is one of the very few countries where pro-Gay laws cannot be imposed by a Senate or Parliament, they practice true Federalism where each state can effectively decide whether to allow Gay marriage or not- I will like to see how Gay marriage will be accepted in Utah or Oklahoma in the nearest future.

You sound like you are anti- American which is your prerogative and I can understand that but when you say "And when did equality, transparency, democracy and equity became an American thing?" - Please can you give us an example of a country that encapsulates those qualities as much or better than the Americans then we can start the debate from there.

4 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by devour129: 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
His speech writer deserves a reward ! With this essay he has transformed this man most people see as a joke to a brilliant ,compassionate,fair,............... Might I say a saint in making . Gej should borrow the guy

4 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
Honestly, I still don't know why people always underestimate Russia.

Apart from Navy and arguably the airforce, the Russians are superior to the Americans.

They have more nuclear warheads, better cruise missiles, better defense capabilities, better army in terms of moral, better space technology, better ICBMs, and better in almost all other facets.

And with what Russia and Putin is cooking, by 2020, the Russian navy and airforce should be at par, if not better than the yank's.

So what's all this nonsense about America's invincibility about?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by 50calibre(m): 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
ACM10:

Russia during the time of Communist rule was officially an atheist country. Orthodoxy started to make a comeback in the last decade. So he is right.

No he is not! The Orthodox Church in russia began to face challenges with the rise of communism, but they actually date centuries back.

So after the fall of communism, it was just a restoration of what had been.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by oiseworld: 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
Good one putin, but I don't think your peace deals would do the world any good. you can't give the world peace and your inexperience has not helped you know this. The same people you are trying to help would come back to enforce their religion on you and would end up blowing up your cities.

The middle east are a people of the sword (violence) and by the sword have they come this far. Your peace deals would end on nothing, let America blow them all off.

I don talk my own.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
shymexx:

How are they sissies? They double-dared the yanks and NATO 2weeks ago like they have been doing for the past 2 years - why didn't the almighty yank and its dogs attack Syria? That alone should tell you who the pus.sy is!!

Putin saw a window of opportunity to help Obama save-face and he's just trying to be diplomatic. Even after he wrote this letter - he announced that Russia would be sell the s300 missiles to Iran, after cancelling it based on the agreement he had with US and Israel. So who's the pus.sy?
You're trying harder.
Russia knows really well that they would profit from America's invasion of Syria, cuz Syria will order for more weapons from their ally Russia in defence of their country against the Yanks. And also they know they lack the ability to confront US and it would be a big disgrace and disappointment to those countries that has always looked up to them. That's certainly why they are trying to look like they are preventing a looming war.

The truth is that Russia would like America invade all arab countries so that they can keep milking them in the name of supplying weapons.
Inshort you know the truth but I don't know what America did to you, I don't know how much Russians paid you to be advertising their weapons on every thread.

You better refund their money cuz GEJ is buying no shît from them. grin
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by greaterlove(m): 11:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
luckynzo: Whateva can be dnne to oust Assad's regime. The rebels will never win the war without the help of the U.S. This action is coming too late. Imagine how many lives could have been saved if they acted earlier. Two years and over 300,000 lives lost. C'mon. Na until e reach death toll of Rwandan genocide before we go wake up?
No one is happy with the number of casualties, but the question we should be asking is ' after empowering the rebels and the fall of Assad what next'? Is the world ready for the after effect? On this Syria issue I will only support diplomacy.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
safarigirl: Dear Putin, your write-up was intelligent and thought-provoking. Concerning your last paragraph, that homo-supporting, animal- phucking anti-christ in the white house, unfortunately does NOT beleive in God or give 2 phucks bout Him, don't desecrate the name of the Most High when addressing demonic entities. Shalom.
so sad to see how cheap Putin and Shymexx have gotten you. angry

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by dokunbam(m): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
with all these diplomatic talk from RUSSIA,i think they are trying to win the heart of so many to their side

The world is now seeing US as government of force, really they should respect the international law
i dont support Syria, but.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

China and Russia are now been friendly in the international politics, the baton will change one day
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
Italiano1:

Polish people and most Eastern European nations are just as anti- homosexuality but have no choice to tone their opposition due their membership of the EU . Go and do your research I beg you.

The USA is one of the very few countries where pro-Gay laws cannot be imposed by a Senate or Parliament, they practice true Federalism where each state can effectively decide whether to allow Gay marriage or not- I will like to see how Gay marriage will be accepted in Utah or Oklahoma in the nearest future.

You sound like you are anti- American which is your prerogative and I can understand that but when you say "And when did equality, transparency, democracy and equity became an American thing?" - Please can you give us an example of a country that encapsulates those qualities as much or better than the Americans then we can start the debate from there.

America can't be compared to Western Europe (or should I say EU) when it comes to equality, transparency, democracy and equity - and the EU is not perfect. Extreme capitalism and those qualities should never be in the same sentence.

Perhaps, you're the myopic one with little or no understanding of what equality, transparency, democracy and equity should be about.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 11:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mr putin. All men are equal? Does that inculde the gay men and women you are jailing in russia? Does that include all the journalist you have killed in your prisons? This is the most idiotic and hypicritical article i have ever read. Putin is just feeling high recently because the attention he is getting now is something he has'nt seen in a while, that's why he has the guts to mock obama with this and insult the u.s people to their faces. But i assure him that the moment he is not able to deliver assad's chemical weapons to the world. All that grandure will melt away and he will return to the inconsequential tyrant that he is. Idiotic dictator.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Italiano1: 11:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
shymexx: Honestly, I still don't know why people always underestimate Russia.

Apart from Navy and arguably the airforce, the Russians are superior to the Americans.

They have more nuclear warheads, better cruise missiles, better defense capabilities, better army in terms of moral, better space technology, better ICBMs, and better in almost all other facets.

And with what Russia and Putin is cooking, by 2020, the Russian navy and airforce should be at par, if not better than the yank's.

So what's all this nonsense about America's invincibility about?

I hope you know that is all conjecture unless you want to tell us you have simultaneously served in the Russian and American Military and have strong insider knowledge then your statement is largely theoretical.

Essentially, can you provide any cogent evidence to support your statement apart from Wikipedia?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
Italiano1:

nice one
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by lastpage: 11:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
ashile: This just made me LOVE this man d more

Negotiation is key

If war starts its not only going to affect syria, other neighbouring nations would feel the bite.

May I ask "what natural resources does syria have?"

Shey its oil

That says it all

BLACK GOLD

Syria is not actually about Oil.

In order of importance, Syria is about:

1.) Israeli dominance of the middle east: Weaken or destroy other countries in the M.E so Israel can ride rough-shod over them, using American military force. All "Syria chemical weapons intelligence" America is putting forward is from Israel! Surprised? grin

2.) Sunmi vs. Shia sectarian dominance: Saudi Arabia heads the Sunni sect and is "propagating it influence" using terrorism and support for subversive elements in Shia-ruled countries. Iran is also propagating its own "Shia influence" to ensure that the Sunni dont run it out of regional power. Dont forget Turkey which on one hand wants to lick the azz of the E.U so they an allow it into that block while at the same time, it is fighting to keep the Kurds in its own population from self determination. The Kurds already have a semi separate state in Iraq!... and its just a matter of time.

3.) America's Military might: Its all about "power projection" and whether we like it or not, America has the best military in the world (it does not mean it can win all wars, infact, some "small wars" would damage even the winner, beyond repair!). Russia and China is being put on notice here.

4.) Sale of weapons: Like someone said, "Weapons/Guns are not manufactured so they can be used as farming tools, they are made for killing people" and where better, than a theatre of war? Weapon manufacturers, all over the world, U.K, Russia, Germany and most of all America, needs to sell their weapons. if there is no market, then they will create one, by creating a war! These manufacturers have American Military top brass on their pay roll.... They become their Directors once they leave the military. They will lobby for war for their "companies". Halliburton and Donald Rumsfeld/D.ic.k Cheney are examples.

5.) Democracy: This should have been number one on my list but like Putin said, Syrian war has nothing to do with democracy! In every Govt, there is always an "opposition" but what we dont like is when an opposition takes "weapons" as its means of changing government. No country, least of which is America, will ever allow any "opposition" (call them "peaceful protesters" if you like) to point weapons at Soldiers of its country. A peaceful protester becomes a "valid target" once they pick up a gun/weapon. And with support of countries with ulterior motives, no one is surprised at what happened in Libya or Syria (same would have happened in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia if not that America has interest to protect in those places ....and they dont seem to be a threat to Israel at the moment.)

Like Putin said, wars dont create peace, at best, it creates a "simmering gun powder peace" which will explode at the least opportunity.

Nuff said.

Lastpage!

8 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
Lordave: You're trying harder.
Russia knows really well that they would profit from America's invasion of Syria, cuz Syria will order for more weapons from their ally Russia in defence of their country against the Yanks. And also they know they lack the ability to confront US and it would be a big disgrace and disappointment to those countries that has always looked up to them. That's certainly why they are trying to look like they are preventing a looming war.

The truth is that Russia would like America invade all arab countries so that they can keep milking them in the name of supplying weapons.
Inshort you know the truth but I don't know what America did to you, I don't know how much Russians paid you to be advertising their weapons on every thread.

You better refund their money cuz GEJ is buying no shît from them. grin

However, they confronted the US during the cold war, but the Americans played hide-and-seek.

They also confronted the yanks during the Cuban missile crisis and shot down an American U-2 spy plane. Why didn't the yanks go on the offensive?

We can also cite the Suez Canal Crisis and how they asked the yanks to call the Brits and French to order, else they would nuke London and Paris. We all know what happened after that.

Not pro-Russia or anti-US, but the world needs balance. That's what the world order is about and why the UN was created.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by bakjal(m): 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
This piece is indeed a word for the wise... Americans beware; russia is not happy you regarding yourselves as exceptional, it is extremely dengarous!!!
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
dokunbam: with all these diplomatic talk from RUSSIA,i think they are trying to win the heart of so many to their side

The world is now seeing US as government of force, really they should respect the international law
i dont support Syria, but.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

China and Russia are now been friendly in the international politics, the baton will change one day
thank you my brother
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2013

I carefully studied his address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States' policy is "what makes America different. It's what makes us exceptional".

I'm impressed with Russia this time around. They are now d ones playing d role of big brother. Well said

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by 50calibre(m): 11:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
Lots of ignoramuses on this thread, they see America as the all invincible, I don't blame them though, they are victims of CNN and FOX.

This same russia that America tries to portray as obsolete are the people actually co-ordinating space missions the Americans are weary of.

The truth of the matter is the American government knows the real picture of russia but mislead their public but feeding them garbage.

Obama is a baby, a kid, an inexperience little boy in comparison to Putin, Putin had been a president when Obama was still busy carrying brief cases for Clinton, Putin is a master tactician, he is a master of international diplomacy, you can't outwit him, America knew this and that's why they weren't too happy to see him return to the kremlin.

Putin offered Obama a face saving option, this was discussed by the two of them at the G20, so guys stop it, Obama is the toothless bulldog here not putin, russia is only trying to clean up america's sh*t.

5 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
Italiano1:
I hope you know that is all conjecture unless you want to tell us you have simultaneously served in the Russian and American Military and have strong insider knowledge then your statement is largely theoretical.

Essentially, can you provide any cogent evidence to support your statement apart from Wikipedia?

How about get yourself busy and source information from the internet?

Get the Russian military capabilities and compare it to the yanks.

You can start with which of the two countries has the most nuclear warheads.

Then move to ICBMs and check the defense capabilities as well, by comparing US patriot missiles to Russian s300/s400s.

Airhead, have you ever seen me cite anything from wikipedia?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Jails Fatima Al-Shawarbi 30 Years For Criticizing Neom On Twitter / Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures / 'Silence Is Betrayal': Prince Harry Hits Buckingham Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.