Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis (23217 Views)

President Obama's Speech To Americans On Syria Crisis / Syria Crisis: Russia Urges Assad To Give Up Chemical Weapons To Avoid US Strike / Syria Crisis: Obama Wins Backingfor Military Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 12:51am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao @ France. And you want me to take you seriously after citing France, no?

You mean the same France that would surrender after one week? - you're definitely a joker!!

We're talking about countries that can bite in the EU, not the delusional french neo-liberal president.

Go to bed, mate! undecided
i'm so loving this arguemet because as it goes futhur. Your ignorance becomes more glaring.

You are talking of france who has the 5th largest military on earth, the country that has the third largest stockpile of nuclear weapons on earth, the country that bombed libya? The country that rid northern mali of toureg rebels in weeks, the country that ended the ivory coast civil war and arrested gbagbo in weeks? The country that subdued algerian independence...wow! I can go on forever. You want to define the 5th most powerfull country in the world by their surrendering in world war 2 over 60 years ago? How pathetic.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 13, 2013
What's happening now is an unmistakable announcement of an end to a unipolar world. There is a message out there that once you're in good book of Russians, you're covered.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Olaone1: 12:54am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: the E.U wants no part in syria but [size=20pt]france is america's biggest backer[/size] in military strike, so who is the EU speaking for? Do you watch news at all?

The EU can speak for countries like belgium and romania who don't have a single machine gun but france has pledged it's full backing. Plus the british have pledged intelligence support since parliament voted against military involvement.

Mr. I hiy google and there was nothing like mccain apologising to puttin. Maybe you can put up a link for me.

grin grin grin
The same way they backed America in Iraq and Afghanistan? grin grin

ASUU, please call off this useless strike action.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 12:54am On Sep 13, 2013
Ola one:
From the same guy who said Russia is not a Christian country cheesy
when did i say that? Are you okay upstairs?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Olaone1: 12:58am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: when did i say that? Are you okay upstairs?
Ma binu smiley
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by putin2: 12:58am On Sep 13, 2013
Only the dummies believe,us freedom and democracy is in the media nd not real
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: i'm so loving this arguemet because as it goes futhur. Your ignorance becomes more glaring.

You are talking of france who has the 5th largest military on earth, the country that has the third largest stockpile of nuclear weapons on earth, the country that bombed libya? The country that rid northern mali of toureg rebels in weeks, the country that ended the ivory coast civil war and arrested gbagbo in weeks? The country that subdued algerian independence...wow! I can go on forever. You want to define the 5th most powerfull country in the world by their surrendering in world war 2 over 60 years ago? How pathetic.

Blah blah blah.

Perhaps, someone needs to explain the difference between fighting RPGs and AK47s carrying rag-headed militants in Mali and fighting a country where tons of countries and groups have vested interests.

The French will never regain their reputation having surrendered during world war 2, and subsequently getting disgraced out of Egypt during the Suez crisis by Russia. Tell them to shut it!! When the dons are talking - the French need to take the back-seat and listen! undecided

Didn't the Vietcong also chased the French out of Vietnam? - classic french and always running like kangaroos!

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by ninocia18(m): 1:05am On Sep 13, 2013
All of you have acknowledged that the niqqa is scared buh will pride let him back out. Russia to me is the only notable rival America has and I have always know that either of the two are boosting the Syria crisis in collaboration with maybe China. Even if they recognise they are afraid, pride won't let them back down and if America carries that Strike, this means War or what I will call "A battle Of Supremacy" with Syria being the battlefield. Why is he bringing the issue of civillians when they will be written off as collateral damage. All this is just politics. I will leave with these two quotes....."Those the gods want to kill, he first makes them mad" and "When two elephants fight, the grasses suffer"... Gracias.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 13, 2013
Heck, even Obama and the yanks don't take the French seriously.

Obama be like: "No mate, not the unreliable France - they will run after the first week." undecided
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by BrokenTV: 1:10am On Sep 13, 2013
bulletproofmonk]
Na u be the middle man abi na wetin dem talk?[/quote]
get your fact right Russia themselves have not even denied of selling weapons to Syria
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 1:12am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

Blah blah blah.

Perhaps, someone needs to explain the difference between fighting RPGs and AK47s carrying rag-headed militants in Mali and fighting a country where tons on countries and groups have vested interests.

The French will never regain their reputation having surrendered during world war 2, and subsequently getting disgraced out of Egypt during the Suez crisis by Russia. Tell them to shut it!! When the dons are talking - the French need to take the back-seat and listen! undecided

Didn't the Vietcong also chased the French out of Vietnam? - classic french and always running like kangaroos!
cheesycheesycheesy...that's the best you've got? Invoking world war 2? Was libya's gadaffi a rag head that the french bombarded? Only three countries have sorphisticated aircraft carriers and that's the u.s(11), russia(1) and france(1). So what are you saying? Even bush asked for french help in iraq, they refused but aggreed to afganistan. Please. Speak about what you know.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: cheesycheesycheesy...that's the best you've got? Invoking world war 2? Was libya's gadaffi a rag head that the french bombarded? Only three countries have sorphisticated aircraft carriers and that's the u.s(11), russia(1) and france(1). So what are you saying? Even bush asked for french help in iraq, they refused but aggreed to afganistan. Please. Speak about what you know.

You definitely hit your head on a brick as a kid. The more I correct you, the more you come back with retar.ded retorts!

Is France now NATO? And what military assets did the French provide during the Libyan intervention apart from a few dassault rafales, special forces and a few warships for blockade? Even tiny Sweden/Denmark provided almost the same military assets as France during the Libyan intervention and it took NATO more than 6 months to fight little Libya with no air defense and poor military. Heck, Sarkozy was already bored of the war before Gadaffi was killed and he was asking for negotiations.

The Americans provided most of NATO's assets and the UK did more heavy bombing than the french. Heck, the UK did fire more than a dozen tomahawk cruise missiles from its submarines. Even the Germans who didn't participate directly arguably did more than the French because they provided the intelligence that killed gadaffi.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by naijaspeak(m): 1:22am On Sep 13, 2013
The major blame about this crisis should go to the United states. This is because they were at the forefront of supporting the Syrian opposition when they began the initial uprising and call for President Bashir Al Asad to stepdown from power. The United state Government is in a position to arrest the situation and bring about peace by advising the opposition to embrace peace and dialogue but the United states in their quest to achieve their interest in the region started empowering the Syrian opposition with weapon and other humanitarian facilities. The United states that destroy Iraq, Libya, Afganistan is now escalating the crisis in Syria while pretending that they are spreading democracy round the world. The United Kingdom (Britain) that was supporting the United states on the Syrian issue have step aside refusing to support President Barack Obama airstrike policy towards the Asad regime on its alleged use of chemical and biological weapon on its citizen. This situation has left President Obama without it closest ally Britain. But as a consolation, France another western ally of the United states decided to support President Obama to carry out the airstrike.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by druzor: 1:23am On Sep 13, 2013
50calibre:

What? Russia is probably the most religious country in Europe, a place where Christianity places a big role in policy making.

The orthodox and catholic churches are deeply rooted there.
deeply rooted in deed
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by oladapoa1(m): 1:35am On Sep 13, 2013
Omexonomy: According to the last sentence When did russians started believing in God?
My kwestion is who will call all those wicked leaders or president to order. Is it the toothless bulldog call the UN or what. As a contrast to what putin is saying cheack my signature.
lol. Believing in God. They are know with not destroying churches during war.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 1:36am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

You definitely hit your head on a brick as a kid. The more I correct you, the more you come back with retar.ded retorts!

Is France now NATO? And what military assets did the French provide during the Libyan intervention apart from a few dassault rafales, special forces and a few warships for blockade? Even tiny Sweden/Denmark provided almost the same military assets as France during the Libyan intervention and it took NATO more than 6 months to fight little Libya with no air defense and poor military. Heck, Sarkozy was already bored of the war before Gadaffi was killed and he was asking for negotiations.

The Americans provided most of NATO's assets and the UK did more heavy bombing than the french. Heck, the UK did fire more than a dozen tomahawk cruise missiles from its submarines. Even the Germans who didn't participate directly arguably did more than the French because they provided the intelligence that killed gadaffi.

you keep talking rubbish and i keep giving facts. France has more nuclear weapons than the u.k, france has the third largest airforce in the world behind the u.s and russia. France has the only aircraft carrier in western europe. And you are telling me that france combined with the most powerfull nation on earth can't humble the russians? You're either insane or in denial.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: you keep talking rubbish and i keep giving facts. France has more nuclear weapons than the u.k, france has the third largest airforce in the world behind the u.s and russia. France has the only aircraft carrier in western europe. And you are telling me that france combined with the most powerfull nation on earth can't humble the russians? You're either insane or in denial.

Ok, I'm bored - let me indulge you. Tell me why any country in the EU or NATO would want to engage the Russians in a conventional war? Just look at the proximity and bear in mind that none of them has the capabilities to counter Russian missiles. Even the American patriot missiles won't save them.

As for France, its military has always looked good on paper but that didn't stop it from surrendering when the nazis came calling; when the Vietcong chased them; and when the Russians told them to get out of Egypt or say aurevoir to Paris. grin
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by houstonia(m): 1:54am On Sep 13, 2013
The only battle that can't be won by Russia or America is the battle of convincing ASUU to call of its strike. Reasons is because the academic staff union of universities have the biggest ever created bombers and nuclear facility in their heads. I'm sorry but even the Pope might get close but certainly not win. We're talking world powers against world's largest association of retarrded entities. Oh please!!

ASUU surrender or this war continues. Omo! our war against ASUU hot pass all this one Una dey break head for. No be say them get better things to even teach us, make them just call off strike make we gardue, sorry I mean escape.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by houstonia(m): 1:55am On Sep 13, 2013
.... ASUU please
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by houstonia(m): 2:01am On Sep 13, 2013
naijaspeak: The major blame about this crisis should go to the United states. This is because they were at the forefront of supporting the Syrian opposition when they began the initial uprising and call for President Bashir Al Asad to stepdown from power. The United state Government is in a position to arrest the situation and bring about peace by advising the opposition to embrace peace and dialogue but the United states in their quest to achieve their interest in the region started empowering the Syrian opposition with weapon and other humanitarian facilities. The United states that destroy Iraq, Libya, Afganistan is now escalating the crisis in Syria while pretending that they are spreading democracy round the world. The United Kingdom (Britain) that was supporting the United states on the Syrian issue have step aside refusing to support President Barack Obama airstrike policy towards the Asad regime on its alleged use of chemical and biological weapon on its citizen. This situation has left President Obama without it closest ally Britain. But as a consolation, France another western ally of the United states decided to support President Obama to carry out the airstrike.
See as Obama wan take spoil him name o, after all the years of hard work. Anyway he's either being instigated by those his masonic Lords or Kenyan ancestors.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by houstonia(m): 2:09am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

Ok, I'm bored - let me indulge you. Tell me why any country in the EU or NATO would want to engage the Russians in a conventional war? Just look at the proximity and bear in mind that none of them has the capabilities to counter Russian missiles. Even the American patriot missiles won't save them.

As for France, its military has always looked good on paper but that didn't stop it from surrendering when the nazis came calling; when the Vietcong chased them; and when the Russians told them to get out of Egypt or say aurevoir to Paris. grin
guy you are on POINT this I would give you an endorsement deal. Wait for that call, and when it comes don't hesitate to pick it.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by anonimi: 3:08am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

or when Africa told them to stay out of Mali recently?
Oh lest I forget when Africa and UN said they should sty out of Gbagbo's Cote d'Ivoire?

Have you heard of zone of influence in international relations
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by qhiwegh(m): 3:40am On Sep 13, 2013
Prof Corruption: What's happening now is an unmistakable announcement of an end to a unipolar world. There is a message out there that once you're in good book of Russians, you're covered.

Nigeria depends on America economically, they're our biggest customer for oil. They accept thousands of Nigerian immigrants. They support our fight against BH. Why are people here so critical of America?

Methinks we're jealous and bitter that America has wealth, functional government, and a good environment for its people to live.

If you can choose between Russian citizenship or US citizenship, would you even hesitate?

#povertytinz
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by kaze4blues(m): 4:03am On Sep 13, 2013
I just like this putin.

He understands the game more than obama when it comes to international politics.

Some people here claim Putin is scared of the american might. That's arrant bullshit.

Even in ordinary local politics, u don't display all ur cards at a single for time for opponents to see.
It makes u vulnerable.

Putin already has a hidden agenda inside of him.

But he still appeals to obama to take things easy.

So eventually if usa tries to strike syria, Putin will boldly stand against that and will openly come in to assist syria.
Many countries will support him considering the fact that he gave out diplomacy as an option to resolve the crisis which obama rejected.

No country will then critize him for supporting syria.

He is making obama/usa look like the oppressor...but only few people can see this.

Already, most countries at the G-20 are opposed to military intervention.
UN is yet to pass a resolution about the crisis.

But usa is even claiming they will strike syria without UN orders.

Russia is only pleading with usa to make most foreign countries see putin as anti-war.
Russia will actively oppose military intervention against syria. Same with Iran and who knows, china.

Germany also opposed intervention.

Usa need to watch their back.
UK/canada/france and their other lies can't face alliance of Russia/china, iran and eventually if germany joins( if they know that it will wrestle world power away from the usa)

Down to memory lane, Germany already took control of France in the 2nd world war.
It took the intervention of the allies to reclaim it back.

So eventually if another axis should be formed by russia, china,germany, iran...then the west are in form a doom.

Usa need to thread gently at this point in time.
Most countries oppose intervention, even south africa.

It is only their western allies and few middle east countries who are proponents of intervention.

Most people here on NL are not politicians so they really don't understand most of the tactics been employed in politics.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by sweetguy10(m): 4:35am On Sep 13, 2013
Smart move from Putin - Paint Obama black and give the world an "understandable" reason(s) to support Syria . whoever wrote that speech for him must be a first class student of psychology . Even Obama didn't see this coming

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Ugosample(m): 5:40am On Sep 13, 2013
Some people talk out of sentiment. Do you teenagers know how horrible Afganistan under taliban rule was? As for Iraq, annexing Kuwait, America's ally was the biggest mistake of Saddam. So the USA should fold its hands and watch? As for Syria, the matter has to be handled delicately, which the US government will surely do.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 13, 2013
It's all political Card, Vladimir trying so sound polite and speaking for the world against Obama, coming from a Russian, I'd say it's crap. But then again, I don't support President Obama and US military decision to blow up Syria, neither do I support the use of chemical weapon by any party.

My question is: Why threaten the user of this chemical weapon, when most of them (chemicals) are produced and exported from the US? If you don't want them to use it, stop producing it....
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 13, 2013
50calibre:

What? Russia is probably the most religious country in Europe, a place where Christianity places a big role in policy making.

The orthodox and catholic churches are deeply rooted there.
you are damn right bro, thats why gays won't survive a night in Russia...that said, i think Putin is indirectly appealing to the USA.,.lol, Syria is the only place the Russians have as it stronghold,thats why they don't want to see it fall...and just may be Putin has realised that the USA is serious and they are no match for them....its time to nail that motherfucker ASSAD to the walls...come on USA!
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 13, 2013
kaze4blues: I just like this putin.

He understands the game more than obama when it comes to international politics.

Some people here claim Putin is scared of the american might. That's arrant bullshit.

Even in ordinary local politics, u don't display all ur cards at a single for time for opponents to see.
It makes u vulnerable.

So eventually if usa tries to strike syria, Putin will boldly stand against that and will openly come in to assist syria.
Many countries will support him considering the fact that he gave out diplomacy as an option to resolve the crisis which obama rejected.

He is making obama/usa look like the oppressor...but only few people can see this.

Russia is only pleading with usa to make most foreign countries see putin as anti-war.
Russia will actively oppose military intervention against syria. Same with Iran and who knows, china.

UK/canada/france and their other lies can't face alliance of Russia/china, iran and eventually if germany joins( if they know that it will wrestle world power away from the usa)

Down to memory lane, Germany already took control of France in the 2nd world war.

So eventually if another axis should be formed by russia, china,germany, iran...then the west are in form a doom.

It is only their western allies and few middle east countries who are proponents of intervention.

Most people here on NL are not politicians so they really don't understand most of the tactics been employed in politics.
you are wrong bro....even the combined forces of china,iran,germany and russia will not hold sway against the USA, you seem to forget that the USA have military bases around the world three times more than all these countries combined,you have also forgotten the tiny but mighty Israel who wil undoubtedly support USA, i tel u bro, Russia is only trying to hold on to its only military base which is Syria,once Syria falls, Russia becomes relatively weak militarily compared to USA, only a fool wil underestimate the superior power of the combined forces of USA and Israel alone, let me also remind you that mid east countries like Saudi Arabia,Qatar,lebanon,Jordan are allies to the USA and they are in full support of military intervention coz ASSAD is not in their good book....note that USA and Israel combined wil wreck massive damage any day any time...dnt mess with them.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by mascot87(m): 6:39am On Sep 13, 2013
Hypocrites,no one is commending US offering an alternative against military intervention in Syria.If US truly wish to strike Syria militarily,would they offer them an alternative to surrender all there chemical weapon to be under international supervision?and also no one is commending the journalist that asked the question from John Kerry (during the conference between UK and US) that what can Syria do to avoid military strike by US.Some of you people are just say 'ha Russia will destroy US,others are saying US will destroy Russian.Some are insulting Obama(like he cares undecided) ,other insulting Putin(whatever undecided).
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by mascot87(m): 6:45am On Sep 13, 2013
kaze4blues: I just like this putin.

It makes u vulnerable.

GUY, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT,NA YOU DULL PASS.SERIOUSLY
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by dreu2fine(m): 6:54am On Sep 13, 2013
Russians r behind d imflux of weapon in most arab countries, even helpin dem to buildin nuclear plant for them,especial iran wo now feels de r d best world power in d midle east n arab country.d russians r one self police but failed.d america shd watch dea back ,i love d sayin,i its either u r for us or against us,d russians shd go n sleep,de only want to maintain dea relationship wt d arab nation bc dea trust wt american as fast n is fast fadin.d american r so obsservant bc if by miss take any of dis nuclear weapons gets to d hand sof terrorist nation de wud used it.de must b carefuly followed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Jails Fatima Al-Shawarbi 30 Years For Criticizing Neom On Twitter / 'Silence Is Betrayal': Prince Harry Hits Buckingham Palace / Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.