Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis (23218 Views)

President Obama's Speech To Americans On Syria Crisis / Syria Crisis: Russia Urges Assad To Give Up Chemical Weapons To Avoid US Strike / Syria Crisis: Obama Wins Backingfor Military Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Olaone1: 12:08am On Sep 13, 2013
Lordave: You're trying harder.
[size=23pt]Russia knows really well that they would profit from America's invasion of Syria, [/size]cuz Syria will order for more weapons from their ally Russia in defence of their country against the Yanks. And also they know they lack the ability to confront US and it would be a big disgrace and disappointment to those countries that has always looked up to them. That's certainly why they are trying to look like they are preventing a looming war.

The truth is that Russia would like America invade all arab countries so that they can keep milking them in the name of supplying weapons.
Inshort you know the truth but I don't know what America did to you, I don't know how much Russians paid you to be advertising their weapons on every thread.

You better refund their money cuz GEJ is buying no shît from them. grin
Are you sure? Don't you know they have a naval base there? You really think they want that destroyed just because of weapons?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Italiano1: 12:09am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

You retorts don't actually make sense, to be honest. You asked me to cite countries, and I did. Yet you came back talking about tangent or whatnot.

You need to stick to the topic about equality, transparency, democracy and equality. Citing the financial and economic situation in Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain doesn't negate the fact that the EU exude those qualities better than their American counterparts.

1. Let's start off with equality and equity: how come the richest 1% in US own 35%(approx) of America's wealth and top 10% wealthiest possess 80% of all its financial assets? Also, how come more than 60% of the people in American prisons are now ethnic minorities?

2. Democracy: would you call a 2-party state that's more or less two sides to the same coin a perfect democracy?

3. Transparency: can you call a country whose leaders are never held accountable for their actions, transparent? How about the banksters on Wall Street - how many of them have been held accountable for their actions and what they did to cause the global financial crisis? Don't even get me started on the American just-us Justice system. undecided

I have actually been on topic more than you have grin

Please what countries did you cite? The EU is a collection of sovereign nations that includes the UK and Romania

Let me answer your questions:

1. Unfortunately the American system is not perfect and I think they admit it themselves. I would have appreciated it if you provided references to back up the statistics you provided but regardless America is unapologetically a capitalist country- the same Economic system of Free Market that most countries including Russia is trying to replicate- how Ironic? The harsh reality of Capitalism is that it invariably leads to inequality but holistically benefits National income. The world is evolving and we are still looking for ways to make it equitable. To blame the Americans is disingenuous, they only perfected a system introduced by Europeans. As for your point on Prison population, I think it is a fair argument but as you will realise, their is a historical and sociological dimension attached to that.

2. Two party state? Please tell us the parties that have been ruling the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Portugal etc for the last 30 years? Or more appropriately, give us a commentary of Russian democracy and politics. Your comments about"two sides of the same coin is very subjective and laughable" You obviously are not a fan of political ideology.

3. Unless you expatiate what you mean by"their leaders never held accountable" then I cannot respond unfortunately.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Italiano1: 12:11am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

Sorry about the name calling.

Every country has its top-secrets when it comes to the military. However, we can only debate the information out there and what most people know. Which is also basically the same things analysts do when they compare countries.

So based on the accessible information - Russia is ahead America in other facets of the military apart from the navy and airforce. The argument about nuclear warheads is out there for all. And you can't compare the Russian ICBMs with America's. The same for defense capabilities (Patriots vs. s300s/s400s).

No wahala grin
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 12:12am On Sep 13, 2013
REALITY101: Think about this for a second....CIA is supplying weapons to the al qaeda backed rebels by direct orders from Barrack Hussein Obama to overthrow a "tyrannical" gov.. While at the same time, working very hard to strip us of our second amendment rights. Shows you where their priorities are.. I can only conclude that Obama is freakin' INSANE!

Why Obama is so eager to go to war?

what stupid second amendment right? Are you a u.s citizen? Just come here to spew hogwash. Why is obama is in rush to go to war? Did you ask this question when george w. Bush attacked iraq and afganistan. Why don't you ask republicans like john mccain why he was campaigning for u.s involvement about a year ago? Barack obama's temprament is what has kept america out of this crisi so far.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 12:12am On Sep 13, 2013
Some peeps keeps saying annoying shîts like 'America invaded Iraq on lies that they are only destroying the WMD and up till now they haven't seen the weapon'. I wonder wether most of you guys are still been spoon fed or what

So the chemical weapon hundreds of people died of last month is a natural disaster?
SMH for some deluded follow follows on Nairaland.
Shymexx wannabes
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 13, 2013
Italiano1:

Please what countries did you cite? The EU is a collection of sovereign nations that includes the UK and Romania

1. Unfortunately the American system is not perfect and I think they admit it themselves. I would have appreciated it if you provided references to back up the statistics you provided but regardless America is unapologetically a capitalist country- the same Economic system of Free Market that most countries including Russia is trying to replicate- how Ironic? The harsh reality of Capitalism is that it invariably leads to inequality but holistically benefits National income. The world is evolving and we are still looking for ways to make it equitable. To blame the Americans is disingenuous, they only perfected a system introduced by Europeans. As for your point on Prison population, I think it is a fair argument but as you will realise, their is a historical and sociological dimension attached to that.

2. Two party state? Please tell us the parties that have been ruling the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Portugal etc for the last 30 years? Or more appropriately, give us a commentary of Russian democracy and politics. Your comments about"two sides of the same coin is very subjective and laughable" You obviously are not a fan of political ideology.

3. Unless you expatiate what you mean by"their leaders never held accountable" then I cannot respond unfortunately.

On point. And I worry when an ex KGB is giving advice about what is in the best national interest of the United States. It all stinks of arrogance and an unreal sense of russian nationalism. It was the credible threat of military force that got the ediot(Putin) to get his partner in crime, Assad to even agree to negotiations and he comes up to write nonsense. it's all a bunch of malarkey
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by DonaldGenes(m): 12:14am On Sep 13, 2013
suwailad:
abeg na nonsense you write jor like we dont already know.its true that in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: you made no single point in your post. What can russia do if the u.s attacks syria? Can russia fight a war against nato? And by the way john mccain has never apologised to vladimir putin for anything. Even calling him a criminal when he granted edward snowden asslylum.

You don't know russia's interest in iraq? You don't know how many russian oil firms have been working in iraq since the soviet era? How many were deposed for companies like halliburton when america came in? Dude. Who is the real joker here?

Where's NATO without EU? Have you been following the news? The EU already said it wants no part of the Syrian war!

Anyway, NATO knows not to mess with Russia. Ever heard about SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization)?

And Russian and Chinese companies won most of the oil blocks in Iraq after the war - the yanks also lost out in that.

If McCain didn't chat shyte and apologise, I honestly don't know what he did. Perhaps you need to hit google to get your answer. undecided
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by sammirano: 12:17am On Sep 13, 2013
Many are clueless of the country that holds the largest stockpile of Nukes! who else Russia, and many don't know of 'MAD' the US wouldn't want to mess with the Russians.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 12:17am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

@the bolded - don't you think the Georgians deserved what the got? Heck, Putin was nice to them, he definitely could have captured the whole Georgia if wanted to.

Bush and NATO pushed the Georgians to test if Russia could still bite but what they got in return from the Russian reservists was swift and devastating. They destroyed the Georgian navy within 24 hours and all I saw was the Georgian soldiers running when when they saw the Russians. grin

Then NATO had to get the French president and Germany to beg Putin. That's more reason why you shouldn't trouble the sleeping giant. wink
you are happy detailing how the russians murdered tons of georgians. Whatever is reason is, those who support the u.s will give the same for iraq and afganistan. So what gave the idiot. Putin the right to say america is a nation that rely on brut force? What he did in georgia was mild force? Call out lies when you see them....rubbish!
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by SegzyJoe(m): 12:18am On Sep 13, 2013
I dare say this is the first time i will see Putin engagin in constructive engagement on an issue that has turn UNSC into coma in resolving int'l crisis. He was not only opposed to the use of force, he put forward a sensible arguement and solution. It is also a face saving for Obama's crossed red line, which if obama didnt do anythin it might undermine his presidency and American prestige and respect in int'l relations, as that will mean his words carries no weight, and might not be able to defend Israel in the future. With the new Putin deal, it is a win win situation for both presidents. I welcome the development.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by fyomer: 12:19am On Sep 13, 2013

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by click2cbn(m): 11:25pm

My question: is dia a different heaven n hell for those killed with hand grenades, RPGs or Chemical weapon? Y wait after Chemical weapons have been launched b4 US n Russia know they will take dis Syria stuff serious?
This question should go to PUTIN,where was he when Americans intervened in the LIBYA'S and other crises where chemical weapons are not used,America have been looking for slight opportunitybefore now,but PUTIN folded his arms enjoying the show until now,he is talking of dialogue,why didnt he suggest peace before now.
Mind you EGYPT is still on fire,people are watching to see what AMERICA would do,AMERICAN tried to settle it peacfully but to no avail.AMERICA calculates before they strike cause people would always be against them,just like now
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 12:21am On Sep 13, 2013
sammirano: Many are clueless of the country that holds the largest stockpile of Nukes! who else Russia, and many don't know of 'MAD' the US wouldn't want to mess with the Russians.
correction kiddo, the united states has the largest and most modern stock pile of nuclear weapons and russia will never think of nuclear war. Futhermore, america will humble them in conventional war. Russia has one aircraft carrier, the u.s has eleven. Infact the u.s defence budget is larger than russia, u.k, france and turkey combined. Can you beat that?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 12:23am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

And with what Russia and Putin is cooking, by 2020, the Russian navy and airforce should be at par, if not better than the yank's.

So what's all this nonsense about America's invincibility about?
you see your life By what you wrote one can deduce that America is to remain stagnant till 2020. They won't be making progress, they would just be watching Russia overtake them. Thank heavens you have admitted that the Yanks are presently miles ahead of em Russians.

Watch your back o, Putin might be stretching out his hands to have his money back.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by theghost007: 12:26am On Sep 13, 2013
No matter how pitiful u make it sound or look, as long as no two fingers are equal,no two people are equal, angel gabriel was sent to inform mary abt her abt to come Baby Jesus, but when satan was fucking up it was angel michael that God sent to take on him mercilessly. The syrian govt has been acting up and someone have to boldly stand out and discourage such attitude incase someone might want to misbehave tomorrow, he would know know that there's is a strict class monitor in da house.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by sammirano: 12:26am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: correction kiddo, the united states has the largest and most modern stock pile of nuclear weapons and russia will never think of nuclear war. Futhermore, america will humble them in conventional war. Russia has one aircraft carrier, the u.s has eleven. Infact the u.s defence budget is larger than russia, u.k, france and turkey combined. Can you beat that?

am very sure you don't know the meaning of MAD the us cannot afford a war with russia. not now.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: what stupid second amendment right? Are you a u.s citizen? Just come here to spew hogwash. Why is obama is in rush to go to war? Did you ask this question when george w. Bush attacked iraq and afganistan. Why don't you ask republicans like john mccain why he was campaigning for u.s involvement about a year ago? Barack obama's temprament is what has kept america out of this crisi so far.

Assshole yes I am a US citizen your empty brain should have told you I wasn't talking about Nigeria when I mentioned second amendment.

Syria is not a threat the America. We have history with this few countries you mentioned. Obama is an asss "this is not personal but he is an asss" you want to bomb Syria because Assad used chemical weapon which killed hundreds of Syrian citizens? What happens when he bombs Syria?

slowpoke quit watching junk from CNN from whichever village you are. How you asked yourself why almost 99% of Americans don't support your food stamp president on attracting Syria?

"Oh his is a muslim political christian"I wouldn't give a damn if he is supporting his fellow terrorist with his own money..

As the old saying goes, The only thing worse than a politician is a child molester.

Osama Bin Laden was one of those "freedom fighters" we were arming.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 12:29am On Sep 13, 2013
Ola one:
Are you sure? Don't you know they have a naval base there? You really think they want that destroyed just because of weapons?
what's naval base to be compared with the money they are making from distributing weapons?

A naval base that can be relocated at anytime and important things evacuated?
That naval base is not even up to scratch self
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: what stupid second amendment right? Are you a u.s citizen? Just come here to spew hogwash. Why is obama is in rush to go to war? Did you ask this question when george w. Bush attacked iraq and afganistan. Why don't you ask republicans like john mccain why he was campaigning for u.s involvement about a year ago? Barack obama's temprament is what has kept america out of this crisi so far.

Assshole yes I am a US citizen your empty brain should have known I wasn't talking about Nigeria when I mentioned second amendment.

Syria is not a threat the America. We have history with this few countries you mentioned. Obama is an asss "this is not personal but he is an asss" you want to bomb Syria because Assad used chemical weapon which killed hundreds of Syrian citizens? What happens when he bombs Syria?

slowpoke quit watching junk from CNN from whichever village you are. Have you asked yourself why almost 99% of Americans don't support your food stamp president on attracting Syria?

"Oh his is a muslim political christian"I wouldn't give a damn if he is supporting his fellow terrorist with his own money..

As the old saying goes, The only thing worse than a politician is a child molester.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 12:30am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

Where's NATO without EU? Have you been following the news? The EU already said it wants no part of the Syrian war!

Anyway, NATO knows not to mess with Russia. Ever heard about SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization)?

And Russian and Chinese companies won most of the oil blocks in Iraq after the war - the yanks also lost out in that.

If McCain didn't chat shyte and apologise, I honestly don't know what he did. Perhaps you need to hit google to get your answer. undecided

the E.U wants no part in syria but france is america's biggest backer in military strike, so who is the EU speaking for? Do you watch news at all?

The EU can speak for countries like belgium and romania who don't have a single machine gun but france has pledged it's full backing. Plus the british have pledged intelligence support since parliament voted against military involvement.

Mr. I hiy google and there was nothing like mccain apologising to puttin. Maybe you can put up a link for me.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 12:31am On Sep 13, 2013
sammirano:

am very sure you don't know the meaning of MAD the us cannot afford a war with russia. not now.
what the fück is MAD
People just talk for talking sake.
So mad will save Russia from America's wrath?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Olaone1: 12:33am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: Anybody on the forum supporting russia either does not know what the russian federation is, or is just plainly ignorant to foreign affairs and should stick to gossip, romance and celebrity threads.
From the same guy who said Russia is not a Christian country cheesy
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by sammirano: 12:34am On Sep 13, 2013
Lordave: what the fück is MAD
People just talk for talking sake.
So mad will save Russia from America's wrath?

you are being biased and unrealistic, america can only pour its wrath on third world countries not any of the security council permanent member
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 12:37am On Sep 13, 2013
But Russia will knock them off anytime with the aid of MAD huh?
Realistic and unbiased fellow.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Olaone1: 12:39am On Sep 13, 2013
Why is "MAD" meaning so special
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 13, 2013
Italiano1:

1. I already cite EU and the EU laws govern all its member states (though they also have their own laws) when it comes to equality and equity - akin to federal and state laws in America. However, if you want me to be direct - then I would go for UK, Germany, France, Austria, Holland etc..

2. Since you have accepted that the American system isn't perfect, just as Russia's - then that definitely should end the debate. That was what the debate was about and the inability of Americophiles to accept that the American system is also not as perfect as the media wants us to believe. And that there's no perfect system. You just have to make use of what works best for you - hence why I'm against external inteference.
As for the prison population, the historical and sociological dimension shouldn't have a bearing on that since America prides itself as face of freedom and equality. So evidently, there's no excuse for making people slaves in their own country.

3. You can't compare the political ideology of EU countries to America's. Most, if not all, don't have a two-party system. The UK for example isn't a two-party state. You've got Labour, Tories, Liberal Democrats, UKIP, SNP, BNP etc.. Heck, the present government is a coalition between Liberal Democrats and the Tories, with the rest in the opposition. The same for the rest of the EU - unlike the US where it's always between the Democrats and Republicans. - and they're both basically the same when you compare the moderates from the two parties.

4. Has Bush been held accountable for the war crimes he committed? And why are the criminalistic banksters on Wall Street still roaming the streets after all the crimes they have committed?

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Congratulation: 12:42am On Sep 13, 2013
Till gobe
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by toprealman: 12:42am On Sep 13, 2013
Omexonomy: According to the last sentence When did russians started believing in God?
My kwestion is who will call all those wicked leaders or president to order. Is it the toothless bulldog call the UN or what. As a contrast to what putin is saying cheack my signature.
Typical Nigerian mentality. So just because you do not see russians in YOUR church that means they are an atheist or agonist nation?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: the E.U wants no part in syria but france is america's biggest backer in military strike, so who is the EU speaking for? Do you watch news at all?

The EU can speak for countries like belgium and romania who don't have a single machine gun but france has pledged it's full backing. Plus the british have pledged intelligence support since parliament voted against military involvement.

Mr. I hiy google and there was nothing like mccain apologising to puttin. Maybe you can put up a link for me.

Lmao @ France. And you want me to take you seriously after citing France, no?

You mean the same France that would surrender after one week? - you're definitely a joker!!

We're talking about countries that can bite in the EU, not the delusional french neo-liberal president.

Go to bed, mate! undecided

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 12:43am On Sep 13, 2013
REALITY101:

Assshole yes I am a US citizen your empty brain should have known I wasn't talking about Nigeria when I mentioned second amendment.

slowpoke quit watching junk from CNN from whichever village you are. How you asked yourself why almost 99% of Americans don't support your food stamp president on attracting Syria?

i won't decend into the pig stine with you and start calling names so i' just make my points.

Syria is a threat to america's closest ally in the middle east isreal. If syria can use chemical weapons on his people then he can surely use them on isreal. Secondly, syria is a close ally of iran, america's greatest foreign threat who is currently working on a nuclear bomb. If syria uses chemical weapons and america does nothing. You expect iran to take the u.s serious when it says they must not have nuclear weapons? Sensible people will know that the u.s military is not going to start bombing damascus surbubs. They are going after ships, planes and other vehicles assad use to spread his terror. Assad's forces should know better than stand by. He they do, they will get a taste of their own medicine.

The main reason american's don't support u.s strikes in syria because they are tired of 10 years of wars in iraq and afganistan that george w. Bush put them into. That has killed their soildeirs and drained their economy.

I won't go into your childish christain-muslim conspirarcy theories. I get enough from folks like glenn beck and rush limbaugh in the VILLAGE i'm from.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by manny4life(m): 12:44am On Sep 13, 2013
Someone correct me, I thought the ONLY reason why Obama NEVER attacked was because he weighed the option of whether to get War Authorization from Congress? Was it not this past Monday that Obama sought Congress approval for minimal airstrike on Syria? If this is the case, then Russia is playing hide and seek, I thought they moved their warships closing into Syria? Abeg someone correct m.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 12:45am On Sep 13, 2013
sammirano:

the russians are not stupid enought to engage the u.s in a war, no matter how depleted you think they are. Russia will NEVER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Jails Fatima Al-Shawarbi 30 Years For Criticizing Neom On Twitter / 'Silence Is Betrayal': Prince Harry Hits Buckingham Palace / Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.