Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis (23219 Views)

President Obama's Speech To Americans On Syria Crisis / Syria Crisis: Russia Urges Assad To Give Up Chemical Weapons To Avoid US Strike / Syria Crisis: Obama Wins Backingfor Military Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by true2god: 6:57am On Sep 13, 2013
sammirano: Many are clueless of the country that holds the largest stockpile of Nukes! who else Russia, and many don't know of 'MAD' the US wouldn't want to mess with the Russians.
On a real war scenario many nukes will not fly, many will not hit their targets, many will be destroyed while some will get to their target cos there will so much fear and uncertainty in a real war scenario. Besides no one knws the real number of nukes each country has. U cant trust Russian or American figure cos they will never declare their real 'assets'.

Be dat as it may, a lion will never fight\hint a tiger in a jungle, it is suicidal.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by criuze(m): 7:33am On Sep 13, 2013
still waiting for another tv series. Putin hopes to prolong the crises so he can sell more weapons. If not why must he be beseaching for tyranous syrian. America have every holy cause to intervene since they are the global police man. After why must they use the chemical weapon which consumed thousand souls in few nights. Abe puti go sleep

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Pdizzle(m): 7:46am On Sep 13, 2013
ProPutin
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 13, 2013
cry weeping...Stories that touch..O God Why ?;-(;-(;-(;-(
...God bless Putin
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by GHKWAME(m): 7:59am On Sep 13, 2013
Donalð Genes: In my personal Opinion, though i'm not a historian but i have learnt pretty much about Syrian people via news since way back, there are relatively few things the Americans need to know before striking Syria, i see some folks just wanna argue for arguing sake,lolzz

One is that, this Syria is a country in the eastern Mediterranean; northern Syria is due east of Sicily and southeast of Athens. Syria’s population is about 22 million, making it the 54th most populous country in the world, smaller than Ghana, Taiwan and Nepal. The population of a country helps to determine how big its military can be. Syria by this criterion is not very important militarily. Syria does have stockpiles of toxic gas, but these cannot be easily delivered any significant distance and are not effective weapons except against a massed military formation. it is not clear that Syria’s chemical weapons stockpiles are bigger than those of Russia, the US, Israel, and North Korea.

check out the map jor
The last I checked Israel had a population of about 7million.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Ama28(f): 8:02am On Sep 13, 2013
The hunter becoming the hunted!
At last Russia is recognising the power of the UN security Council.
I do not support America to attack Syria but I think the world should practice what they ratified as human right treaties
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by hotwax: 8:11am On Sep 13, 2013
I was an enemy of Russia. But Putin has won me over. I will start supporting Russia over those Illuminis country. Why do they want to support alqaeda against Syria. I thought they claimed alqaeda is enemy of America? This country of Illuminati is pissing me off. I still love Israel sha. But America has been hijacked by world order cultist. Americans need to act and save their country.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by sylvok: 8:23am On Sep 13, 2013
I appreciate Putins appeal, i equally observed that it is dangerous to wait for concensus in UN while thousands are dieing and millions displaced. The people of Syria need help and that help cannot come from within but from outside. Politicians don't care if the whole country turn to heap of rubbles to satisfy their power ego. it is dangerous to allow dangerous weapon to exist in middle east since that region is highly volatile. imagine the abuse of chemical weapon in Syria. Russia should equally appeal to Assad to step down not because of pressure but for the sake his country.
Moslems should learn how to torelate others, the unnecessary civil war in Iraq is not to be blamed on America but on Sunnis and Shiites. America went to Iraq to protect their interest but the Iraqians failed to protect their own interest after American withdrawal. Same in Afganistan and Libya. If no country takes pain like America to deter politicians and political cults around the world then the world will turn to something different.
if the world left Syria to resolve their internal crisis, that war will go on for years to come. it will create the worst humanitarian crisis of the era.
Security council is increasingly becoming a debating arena rather than where concrete actions will be taken to resolve world crises. it is dangerous for our world today.
If American did not threaten with military strike, the world would have been watching the abuse of WMD in Syria while millions will be dying.
I accept the Russian proposal, but Assad should step down, sieze fire announced and interim govt instituted to reconcile the country and conduct election.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 8:23am On Sep 13, 2013
Russia is just saving just saving itself before things get out of their hand. The u.s has evidence that the syrian government used chemical weapons. The french. The brits all have evidence. Even human rights watch. Now we are hearing that the UN inspectors report that will come out next week will conclude that the assad regime used the chemical weapons because the rebels who do not whoes most sorphisticated bomber is a mortar do not have the ability to launch such strike.

Russia rushed with the chemical weapons surrender deal and the the syrians follow immediately because they know what will happen if all the reports turn at them. They will loose support in the world and when the u.s bomb syria. Russia won't do shit. They know all this that is why their first condition for syria handing over the chemical weapons is that america must dismiss striking syria. And america has not and will never make such a pledge, and yet russia is still going ahead with the deal. Lavrov and kerry are already meeting...does'nt that show you how desperate putin is. He should enjoy his few minutes of fame because when the U.N he always love quoting come up with their report and point finger at his beloved dictator. Assad. All the prestige will start melting away.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by bashydemy(m): 8:24am On Sep 13, 2013
Oya team #russia
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Rossikk(m): 8:25am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: Mr putin. All men are equal? Does that inculde the gay men and women you are jailing in russia? Does that include all the journalist you have killed in your prisons?
What about the millions of innocents slaughtered by America in Iraq and Afghanistan to mention a few?
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 8:27am On Sep 13, 2013
Ola one:
grin grin grin
The same way they backed America in Iraq and Afghanistan? grin grin

ASUU, please call off this useless strike action.
how come i didi'nt see this stupid post. France resisted the iraq war because they did'nt support it. But do you know that france has the third largest number of trooops in afganistan? Plonker.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by sugardaddy1(m): 8:29am On Sep 13, 2013
"We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord's blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal".

^..^ I love that part most.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 8:32am On Sep 13, 2013
Rossikk: What about the millions of innocents slaughtered by America in Iraq and Afghanistan to mention a few?
of course. But the america's don't go around publishing op-eds in bagdad and kabul newspapers justifying their actions. Barack obama has even been on record that the iraq war was a "DUMB" war....meanwhile the guy who killed hundreds in georgia. Imprisson journalists and political opponents. Oppress chenynians, murder vladimir kichko.etc..is not lecturing america about how all then are equal and you subscribe to him. Sickening.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 8:35am On Sep 13, 2013
$ugardaddy:

^..^ I love that part most.

do you also love what the man who wrote that are doing to georgians. Chechynians, gays, journalist and his political opponents? Apparently. They were'nt created equal.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by GHKWAME(m): 8:37am On Sep 13, 2013
Ama28: The hunter becoming the hunted!
At last Russia is recognising the power of the UN security Council.
I do not support America to attack Syria but I think the world should practice what they ratified as human right treaties
Huh? America has always used its Veto-Power at the security c0uncil to block resolutions calling for Palestinian Independence. America has been b0mbing children in pakistan and labelling it c0llateral damage in pursuit of chasing alqaeda. America represents everything evil in the world.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 8:38am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx: Heck, even Obama and the yanks don't take the French seriously.

Obama be like: "No mate, not the unreliable France - they will run after the first week." undecided
russia fough in afganistan for 8 years in the 80's and france has now fought in afganistan for 11 years. Let's define by your twisted premise who is a coward or surrender monkey.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Ezemmuo1: 8:43am On Sep 13, 2013
shymexx:

Utter bollocks!

Who told you Russians don't believe in God? Russian is more of a Christian country than America is and has more Christians than America. Ever heard about orthodox Christians and why gay marriage was outlawed in Russia?

And when did equality, transparency, democracy and equity became an American thing?

Most of you are robots, with garbage in, garbage out. You definitely need to read more.

They don't need to read more,they need to Analyze more.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Kakatazz(f): 8:44am On Sep 13, 2013
Arant rubbish!!!! Were you not quick to join the US to out stead Ghaddaffi? Because the late Ghaddaffi didnt allow you all touch his oil,it became necessary to have him eliminated.Beacuse Ghaddaffi had a dream for a United States of Africa,you all shivered in fear.Ghaddaffi may not have been the nicest of all but he stood his ground in the emancipation of Africa and this we saw in his fight against apartheid which saw him in the hearts of the South Africans especially the great Nelson Mandela.My question is,why are you all slow at punishing Alasad? Because you all enjoy some form of oil blocks from Syria,right?? Spare me.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 8:44am On Sep 13, 2013
GH KWAME:
Huh? America has always used its Veto-Power at the security c0uncil to block resolutions calling for Palestinian Independence. America has been b0mbing children in pakistan and labelling it c0llateral damage in pursuit of chasing alqaeda. America represents everything evil in the world.
yeah. And russia has used it's veto power in the U.N to protect a murdering dictator. Assad and other rough nations like north korea and iran. The u.s veto palestinian independence but at lease it is debated and they now have observer status in the U.N, a peace plan is being worked out. Does russia even allow chechyna independence to be discussed? How many of their leaders has he killed to prevent the discussion from even being discussed. Tell that to all the children putin has killed is chechyna and georgia. All you fustrated nigerian who were denied u.s visa coming here to sob and support russia, the country of stalin and kruzchev. How appaling.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by joeanointing(m): 8:46am On Sep 13, 2013
That write up is good. I respect Putin but his record as a former KGB, Prime minister and current president contradicts this piece.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Symphony007: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2013
Kakatazz: Arant rubbish!!!! Were you not quick to join the US to out stead Ghaddaffi? Because the late Ghaddaffi didnt allow you all touch his oil,it became necessary to have him eliminated.Beacuse Ghaddaffi had a dream for a United States of Africa,you all shivered in fear.Ghaddaffi may not have been the nicest of all but he stood his ground in the emancipation of Africa and this we saw in his fight against apartheid which saw him in the hearts of the South Africans especially the great Nelson Mandela.My question is,why are you all slow at punishing Alasad? Because you all enjoy some form of oil blocks from Syria,right?? Spare me.
thank you so much. Lety ignorant once drown in their foolly. The u.s and russia are brash and selfish nations. Russia is worse and has no right writing the hypocritical rubbish article, and some low information nigerian are supporting him.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by sweetgala(m): 8:47am On Sep 13, 2013
donsax:

Fu.c.k the Russians...skin headed racist bigot...I hate them....lobyst weapon dealers...he keep begging America since Monday...I thought he was making a threat before..
You don't wanna mess with the "YANKs"

I can see the weak emotional hearts falling for Putin hypocrisy.... Words ...after all this is the same putin who launched military strikes against Georgia and Chechyna....
Did he seek ratification from the UN before launching those strikes? No, he did not.

In fact, in 1999 he also took to the pages of the New York Times and wrote another op-ed piece in which he sought to explain his actions for getting Russia involved in the first

See what he wrote then:
"Chechen conflict.

Then Russian Prime Minister, Putin wrote: “No Government can stand idly by when terrorism strikes. It is the solemn duty of all governments to protect their citizens from danger."..

Only a fool and weak souls would agree to op-ed piece which this hypocrites dic..k bald head man wrote.

You are aware Chechen and Georgian terrorists had been and still are attacking targets within Russia at the time. There are more terrorist attacks in Russia than any other developed country yearly.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by kaze4blues(m): 8:47am On Sep 13, 2013
mascot87:
GUY, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT,NA YOU DULL PASS.SERIOUSLY

It is obvious u are the dullard.

Reasonable people argue by presenting their own facts.

Pathetic people like u just rant around.

It will b better if u come with ur arguments based on this subject matter presently being discussed.
At times we agree to disagree.

Pathetic soul!
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 8:48am On Sep 13, 2013
Some dîck heads have already fallen for this crap Putin calls a letter to America.
So many uninformed and follow follows are now pointing an accusing finger at the US.

Putin has won the heart of children and ignoramuses on this site.
Shame, on how just a write up could twist the mind of people making them look like clits overnight.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by OrangeHokage(m): 8:52am On Sep 13, 2013
Omexonomy: According to the last sentence When did russians started believing in God?
My kwestion is who will call all those wicked leaders or president to order. Is it the toothless bulldog call the UN or what. As a contrast to what putin is saying cheack my signature.
45% of Russians are Anglicans
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by Lordave: 8:54am On Sep 13, 2013
Symphony007: yeah. And russia has used it's veto power in the U.N to protect a murdering dictator. Assad and other rough nations like north korea and iran. The u.s veto palestinian independence but at lease it is debated and they now have observer status in the U.N, a peace plan is being worked out. Does russia even allow chechyna independence to be discussed? How many of their leaders has he killed to prevent the discussion from even being discussed. Tell that to all the children putin has killed is chechyna and georgia. All you fustrated nigerian who were denied u.s visa coming here to sob and support russia, the country of stalin and kruzchev. How appaling.
nice one
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by EMERITUS1(m): 8:59am On Sep 13, 2013
But nobody is talking about naija trying to create a nucler power plant, we all know that it will never see the light of the day so no one is bothered
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by christiscomin: 9:03am On Sep 13, 2013
What is all these Bleep about? This same weapons you are talking about: America has over 9,000; Russia has over 10,000, Isreal has over 300, France has over 50, Pakistan has 5, UK has over 100... If we want a truely Nulear free world let those who have it also destroy theirs... REAL NEW WORLD ORDER.
Re: Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis by loswhite(m): 9:05am On Sep 13, 2013
CFCfan: Putin ain't joking for real. This Op-ed piece has undercut Obama's march to war.
obama himself didn't want to go to war. The odds are so against him. He was going to loose d vote in congress, cos most of the law makers do not want military action due to the fact that their constituent members where against it. The British already pulled out. Rebels are so divided and u must knw dat 4 nw it is in the interest of America 4 alsad to still be in power until they can form a transition government by mutual consent between alsad and rebels. America is not given weapon to the rebels to win. They want a stalemate which will eventually lead to dialogue between present government and rebels. Nw if alsad is toppled alnusra and alqeda will not allow the so called moderate Moslems to be in power, Infact is going to be another war between the rebels . The fact is there is no good choice 4 the Americans in Syria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Jails Fatima Al-Shawarbi 30 Years For Criticizing Neom On Twitter / 'Silence Is Betrayal': Prince Harry Hits Buckingham Palace / Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.