Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,455 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates (27403 Views)

Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling / Mike Ozekhome Released? / Mike Ozekhome Kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Boss13: 6:31am On Sep 13, 2013
Are they truly graduates or college dropouts? It beats my mind that a graduate would take arms and start holding people against their will. After the 4 years in university, the struggle, stress and big dreams; you have to end up being a kidnapper. I refuse to accept that.

I think the FG made a huge mistake advocating amnesty for boko haram. Now every criminal in the country is requesting for amnesty (what a shame). These scumbags are murderers, mentally unstable and greedy. They only belong in two places - Burial ground or prison.

What is the govt doing about this menace? I thought this telco registration would be able to curb issues like this? These kidnapping syndicates must be brought to their knees. It is also a shame that Edo state govt cannot arrest the situation. It seems this syndicates target security porous states and start victimizing the residents.

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by nedu2000(m): 6:37am On Sep 13, 2013
omaigala: Amnesty isn't what we need, rather, give em jobs.
И̣̣̣̥o,it should be "rather,arrest them"
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Concept(m): 6:38am On Sep 13, 2013
To me I think these kidnappers are weak & coward, if you can take up arms against your fellow ordinary citizen, abduct them in the name of collecting ransom & killing 4 policemen in the process. I called their action as misplace of priority because they are myopic & selfish, they should take this to a larger scope, many are not as bold as they are & instead of sending the already psychologically battered SAN amnesty message they should have come openly to declare war against the system & its operators (politicians) that has made life unbearable for Nigerian youths.

Many of this politicians do attend parties, being sugar daddies to ladies, attend political meetings, have personal offices. Kidnappers change your strategies because I know some of you will be reading this, the lawyer already said you are well-read, so please make life difficult for bad leaders, you can start from your LGA chairmen, Political Party Chairmen; set up a surveillance around this key figure houses in your locality, you will not believe it as influential as Peter Obi is or other political big-wigs, quietly sometimes pay these guys visit. These guys are at your reach, leave innocent Nigerians alone.

The way I see it, you are not different from those pigs up there that are milking us dry, you cannot do better than them if you find yourself in position of authority. I believe in this- Injustice to one is injustice to all. Fight the system not the individuals. God will not bless Nigeria, the only way forward is to change our ways. Religious country & overwhelmingly corrupt, what a contrast.

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by sayso: 6:44am On Sep 13, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: For advocating amnesty for criminals, Ozekhome ought to be stripped of his SAN honor.
Gbam !!!!!!!!!! I say.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by legendprac(m): 6:45am On Sep 13, 2013
The man is speaking like they threatened to kidnap his family n village if he doesn't advocate amnesty for them......

This is a trend that will swallow us, because being a criminal doesn't come wt prison reward,but private jet reward...
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 13, 2013
it seems the psychological effect of this kidnapping is starting to have its toll on ozekhome, cos i don't understand why a sane person will advocate amnesty for criminals, kidnappers for dat matter?! Absolute rubbish. Let them provide gud jobs instead!

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by juman(m): 6:56am On Sep 13, 2013
You see!

They build absurd country instead of building a virile, successful and a proudly country.

One nigeria is the problem. A country where all kinds of leaders are useless.

nigeria is a country that belongs to nobody.

No to one nigeria.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by fxseven(m): 7:03am On Sep 13, 2013
toptop:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ozekhome-my-abductors-were-angry-graduates/
"
Federal Govt security agencies should start immediate investigation of the likes of Ozokhome. if not another learned man would woke up one day and start soliciting for amnesty for armed robbers, ritual killers and corrupt politicians. can you imagine?
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Afritop(m): 7:08am On Sep 13, 2013
Only mass revolution can change this country not amnesty. The govt is already corrupted
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by me1234: 7:13am On Sep 13, 2013
It very easy to berate mike on his plea for amnesty for these kidnappers, but if you or your father or family members has ever been kidnapped am sure you will change your stance. However am on the opinion that government should as a matter of urgency create jobs for our youths and create enabling environment for small scale businesses to thrive. Soft loans for graduates who want to go into business and at least five years tax moratorium for them. In fact naija matter don tire me sef.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 13, 2013
grin grin So kidnappers now have doctors incase of sickness? Wonderful! Fg, create emplyment and crime 'll reduce. Simple!
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by theoctopus: 7:29am On Sep 13, 2013
me1234: It very easy to berate mike on his plea for amnesty for these kidnappers, but if you or your father or family members has ever been kidnapped am sure you will change your stance. However am on the opinion that government should as a matter of urgency create jobs for our youths and create enabling environment for small scale businesses to thrive. Soft loans for graduates who want to go into business and at least five years tax moratorium for them. In fact naija matter don tire me sef.

If what these kidnappers need is job and soft loans, dont you think they would have already stopped the kidnapping since most of them have already made like 5 million at one time or the other?
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by canalily(m): 7:31am On Sep 13, 2013
angry look at wat ths man is saying, grant amunesty? So u tink amunesty is the only solution? Oh! tank ur God its jst angry graduates that held u captive, had it been its the hungry ones, who nos, maybe they shuld have granted armnition. Giv us job, creat job 4us pls we are begging u pepl. We wil retaliate. Dnt cal it terrorism. U pepl shuld retire let others climb, we are nt happy o o oh! Be warned!
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by slimfit7: 7:36am On Sep 13, 2013
nice job. Only the xperience once can teach, i'll always agree that national assembly is the problem of this nation they thwart the progress of this country by refusal to sign bills
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by sugardaddy1(m): 7:36am On Sep 13, 2013
Amnesty to kidnapperrs Well, we can as well start granting amnesty to armed robbers.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by lumeneng22: 7:40am On Sep 13, 2013
Security coys have worsen nigeria situation by insisting on N10,000 salary @ a time govt say min wage is 18k.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by eluquenson(m): 7:40am On Sep 13, 2013
Well, to me giving them amnesty is a good idea, that will give them some form of employment, but this shouldn't be the bone of contention, lets give "CORRUPTION AMNESTY" cos when the state is free from corruption there wouldn't be any form of violence or terrorism in the country.
My 2 kobo wink
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 13, 2013
I smell deceit,why am I having that feeling that the kidnap was staged,why should amnesty be the option?yeah we all know what poverty and un-employment can cause to everyone,it can make
someone do and un-do but should that be an excuse?imagine if all un-employed youth became kidnappers because there is no job then who will be the future leader?what the youth are asking for is good governance and when there is good governance un-employment will be solved ,amnesty for kidnapping will make the situation of the country even worst,and I keep wondering why this kidnappers do not aim for those foolish leaders that are stealing our money,they should kidnap those bastards that have turned the wealth of this country to be their father's property.lol.
And also this man should also note that there are two sides to a coin so that means not all the kidnappers are doing kidnapping job because of un-employment but some are doing it because they want fast money and are not ready to work,and we yóuth let us start thinking out of the box,let us learn to be creative and become an entrepreneur,an average american youth is always thinking of how he or she will have his or her own business and not him or her thinking of searching for jobs
And also think about it why is kidnapping also rampant in america?are we saying that they are in similar situation with nigeria?so not all kidnapping is because of un-employment
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Pain(m): 7:45am On Sep 13, 2013
I guess Oze has been psychologically bruised
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by tbagjames(m): 7:50am On Sep 13, 2013
And these unemployed graduates are getting more angry by the day
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by sugardaddy1(m): 7:51am On Sep 13, 2013
theoctopus: It is a fat lie. Nobody is pushed into kidnapping because of unemployment. They go into it because of greed and materialism. People should stop trying to justify criminals.

1. If they went into it because of unemployment, why dont they pull out and start a business after making like 10 million Naira?

2. If poverty and unemployment is the cause for crime, wont more than half of Nigeria be armed robbers and kidnappers?

3. So why do we have criminals, drug dealers, kidnappers and armed robbers in the USA?

Humans will always be evil when they want to be. The greatest cause for kidnapping is greed. When a man does not know contentment, he will always go out and do whatever he can do to satisfy his greed. That does not in anyway excuse government from doing their duty. Government really needs to do a lot but society itself has to have a kind of renaissance. The Nigerian society is too materialistic and that puts enormous pressure on the average youth, especially from some sections of the country
I was going to like your comment until I saw the bolded. My system has zero tolerance for sectionalism.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Johnsinia(m): 7:52am On Sep 13, 2013
These so-calld "graduates" are cultist graduates frm Nigeria Universities. No sane graduate wil pickd up arms in d name of unemplmt blw, what happend to suicide? Atleast suicide is better than murdering other innocent ppl.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by ernersinfobank(m): 7:56am On Sep 13, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: For advocating amnesty for criminals, Ozekhome ought to be stripped of his SAN honor.

You don't know if that was one of the conditions to his release or else he n his entire household, this time around, will be kidnapped.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by adexpa(m): 8:00am On Sep 13, 2013
that was a wrong assertion,instead it should be 'provision of jobs for the graduates'.if our graduates are been provide jobs i strongly belv all des messes shall bend.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by ENDTIMES: 8:00am On Sep 13, 2013
It is good to hear the call to discuss NIGERIA, things are definitely not okay these times!
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Reference(m): 8:02am On Sep 13, 2013
osaass: If you read between the lines, he must have been directed by his abductors to go on air and plea for jobs and amnesty for them. It's public relations strategy by the kidnappers. They are playing victim of circumstances and seeking sympathy from the public.

These are the same greedy good for nothing hoodlums that murdered four gallant policemen in the line of duty. There they are claiming unemployment yet have the guts to demand N100 million in exchange for a human being.

They are BEASTS, COWARDS, SCUM. And should be treated as such.

The Federal Govt should and must stop rewarding criminals

Hmm. Of course. Our system has a way of rewarding criminals of all shades and persuations. Criminal state. Criminocracy. Of criminals, by criminals, for criminals.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by Evanisgud(f): 8:07am On Sep 13, 2013
osaass: If you read between the lines, he must have been directed by his abductors to go on air and plea for jobs and amnesty for them. It's public relations strategy by the kidnappers. They are playing victim of circumstances and seeking sympathy from the public.

These are the same greedy good for nothing hoodlums that murdered four gallant policemen in the line of duty. There they are claiming unemployment yet have the guts to demand N100 million in exchange for a human being.

They are BEASTS, COWARDS, SCUM. And should be treated as such.

The Federal Govt should and must stop rewarding criminals
is ur turn next 2 be kinapped.
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by sunzie(m): 8:08am On Sep 13, 2013
A shame...
Re: Mike Ozekhome's Abductors Were Graduates by absalom11(m): 8:20am On Sep 13, 2013
No comments for now just view my
signature below

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Supporters Clash In Abuja, Exchange Hot Punches (PHOTOS/VIDEO) / Yekini Nabena: Saraki Betrayed APC, He's A Traitor & A Double Agent / Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo And Ernest Sonekan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.