Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? (6972 Views)

Buhari Waging Another War Against S/east - Ezeife / Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS / Nigeria State Waging War On Islam And Moslems- Sharia Supreme Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by jenbost: 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
I have been living in a fool paradise thinking we are brothers and sisters brought together not by God but by lugard. The truth is, Nigeria is a failed state. we have lost mutual co-existence. consequently, let us begin to talk about separation instead of engaging in passing insults. many may disagree but I believe it's time we declare biafra arewa and oduduwa as a seperate country

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by ijawcitizen(m): 8:13am On Sep 16, 2013
jenbost: I have been living in a fool paradise thinking we are brothers and sisters brought together not by God but by lugard. The truth is, Nigeria is a failed state. we have lost mutual co-existence. consequently, let us begin to talk about separation instead of engaging in passing insults. many may disagree but I believe it's time we declare biafra arewa and oduduwa as a seperate country
This is the problem with most Nigerians, they think everything is either Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by DaLover(m): 9:53am On Sep 21, 2013
It's not just waging war on GEJ because he is from the oil rich ND that feeds them.

Carefully cast ur mind to when an ijaw man was NSA, no form of insult that the SW did not use on him, when he was replaced by a northerner, all insults stopped, nothing else changed, just replacing the Ijaw man and anger and annoyance went away. Nobody has ever mentioned the new NSA name in any thread or article, even when bokoharam kill 200 people. Honestly I am sometimes at a loss as to why the average man has taken up so much hate for the 9ja deltan...

The only logical explanation is that the economy of the SW is heavily dependent on oil, and the demand for resource control has obviously annoyed these guys, GEJ is seen as someone who may decide to push for true federalism, worse still is the fact that he made and ijaw woman the petroleum minister and he tried to remove the subsidy payments which that are major benifeciaries.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by ijawcitizen(m): 4:44am On Sep 23, 2013
DaLover: It's not just waging war on GEJ because he is from the oil rich ND that feeds them.

Carefully cast ur mind to when an ijaw man was NSA, no form of insult that the SW did not use on him, when he was replaced by a northerner, all insults stopped, nothing else changed, just replacing the Ijaw man and anger and annoyance went away. Nobody has ever mentioned the new NSA name in any thread or article, even when bokoharam kill 200 people. Honestly I am sometimes at a loss as to why the average man has taken up so much hate for the 9ja deltan...

The only logical explanation is that the economy of the SW is heavily dependent on oil, and the demand for resource control has obviously annoyed these guys, GEJ is seen as someone who may decide to push for true federalism, worse still is the fact that he made and ijaw woman the petroleum minister and he tried to remove the subsidy payments which that are major benifeciaries.
Exactly!
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by sammyjay3(m): 12:30am On Dec 04, 2013
tomakint: @Ikengawo, you shall be the head and not the tail all the days of your lives, your enemies (no matter how numerous they are) shall all be made your footstools in Jesus name, your works shall not perish out of the land of the living, your oil of success, favour, goodhealth, divine connection shall never runs dry.....You spoke the ABSOLUTE TRUTH about a TRIBE I belonged to, this had been my position about my tribe since I joined this esteemed forum! May God keep Jonathan till 2019 for us!
illiteracy is a disease, a blind man leading another blind man, why all these fuse about the yoruba ethnic group seems u can't do without them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by yetunsbay(m): 12:55am On Dec 04, 2013
hmm
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Jman06(m): 3:41am On Dec 04, 2013
The hatred is borne out of the errorneous belief that southwest is not adequately represented in GEJ's government. Anybody who's trying to bring in the 'political sophiscation' or 'bad governance' fallacies is only being economical with the truth. The same southwesterners that supported Obasanjo throughout his eight years of corrupt and visionless rule,now want people to believe that they are more anti bad leadership than others,even when it's obvious that GEJ's 3 years leadership is far better than Obasanjo's 8 wasted years. The whole noise is about regional interests and nothing more. They forget that they were the architect of their own failure because GEJ wanted the position of the speaker of the house of reps to be zoned to sw but sw lawmakers in ACN opposed it.However I know that there are still genuine south westerners who support GEJ knowing that he means well for Nigeria.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Ogonimilitant(m): 8:31am On Dec 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: You guys are making a VERY SERIOUS mistake by assuming the position of APC e-cockroaches on NL is the position of the southwest. That is far from the truth. Tinubu dogs on this forum dont even represent the mind of millions of yoruba people in the southwest, let alone other tribes in the region. They only represent the interest of Tinubu.

Go back to the achive of NL and you'll discover the same pattern of opposition leading up to 2011 elections. GEJ lost all the polls conducted on NL in 2011 because of the opposition of Tinubu e-warriors. But what happened on the day of elections? GEJ swept the southwest votes.

DONT mistake the position of Tinubu's dogs on NL for the position of southwest
Remember. Ngige won on Nairaland polls.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 04, 2013
The Igbos know this too but unfortunately most of them feel they don't have any other choice than GEJ. They have boxed themselves in and are desperately holding on to a raft (GEJ) that will sink in 2015 or 2019. Igbos do not know how they will face Nigeria after GEJ because they have made enemies out of everyone. So they secretly wish Nigeria breaks up after GEJ's tenure. I think they'll be disappointed .

The absolute truth....that explains the panic that comes in form of hate...anger..insults and the emotional verbiages that we see everyday here.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 04, 2013
In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.
The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention.
When Buhari jailed UPN governors like Ige and Onabanjo, the South-Western press castigated that good government and provided the right mood for IBB to take over power. As soon as IBB cleared UPN governors of charges against them in a politically motivated retrial, he became the darling of the South-West. When IBB annulled the primaries in which Adamu Ciroma and Shehu Yar Adua emerged as presidential candidates in the NRC and SDP, he was hailed by the South-West. When the same man annulled the June 12, 1993 elections in which Abiola was the front-runner, the South-West now became defenders of democracy.

When it seemed Sani Abacha was sympathetic to Abiola, the South-West supported his take-over. He was in fact invited by a prominent NADECO member to take over in a published letter shortly before the event. Even though Abiola had won the elections in the North, the North was blamed for its annulment. When Abdulsalam Abubakar started his transition, the Yoruba political leadership through NADECO presented a memorandum on a Government of National Unity that showed complete disrespect for the intelligence and liberties of other Nigerians.

Subsequently, they formed a tribal party which failed to meet minimum requirements for registration, but was registered all the same to avoid the violence that was bound to follow non-registration, given the area-boy mentality of South-West politicians. Having rejected an Obasanjo candidacy and challenged the election as a fraud in court, we now find a leading member of the AD in the government, a daughter of an Afenifere leader as Minister of State, and Awolowo´s daughter as Ambassador, all appointed by a man who won the election through fraud.

Meanwhile, nothing has been negotiated for the children of Abiola, the focus of Yoruba political activity. In return for these favours, the AD solidly voted for Evan Enwerem as Senate President. This is a man who participated in the two-million- man March for Abacha´s self-succession. He also is reputed to have hosted a meeting of governors during IBB´s transition, demanding that June 12 elections should never be de-annulled and threatening that the East would go to war if this was done. When Ibrahim Salisu Buhari was accused of swearing to a false affidavit, the Yoruba political elite correctly took up the gauntlet for his resignation.

When an AD governor, Bola Tinubu, swears to a false affidavit that he attended an Ivy League University which he did not attend, we hear excuses.

For so many years, the Yoruba have inundated this country with stories of being marginalised and of a civil service dominated by northerners through quota system. The Federal Character Commission has recently released a report which shows that the South-West accounts for 27.8% of civil servants in the range GL08 to GL14 and a full 29.5% of GL 15 and above. One zone out of six zones controls a full 30% of the civil service leaving the other five zones to share the remaining 70%. We find the same story in the economy, in academia, in parastatals.

Yet in spite of being so dominant, the Yoruba complained and complained of marginalization. Of recent, in recognition of the trauma which hit the South-West after June 12, the rest of the country forced everyone out of the race to ensure that a South-Westerner emerged, often against the best advice of political activists.

Instead of leading a path of reconciliation and strong appreciation, the Yoruba have embarked on short-sighted triumphalism, threatening other "nationalities" that they ( who after all lost the election) will protect Obasanjo ( who was forced on them). No less a person than Bola Ige has made such utterances.

To further show that they were in charge, they led a cult into the Hausa area of Sagamu, murdered a Hausa woman and nothing happened. In the violence that followed, they killed several Hausa residents, with Yoruba leaders like Segun Osoba, reminding Nigerians of the need to respect the culture of their host communities. This would have continued were it not for the people of Kano who showed that they could also create their own Oro who would only be appeased through the shedding of innocent Yoruba blood.

I say all this, to support Balarabe Musa´s statement, that the greatest problem to nation-building in Nigeria are the Yoruba Bourgeoisie. I say this also to underscore my point that until they change this attitude, no conference can solve the problems of Nigeria. We cannot move forward if the leadership of one of the largest ethnic groups continues to operate, not like statesmen, but like common area boys.

Excerpt from "Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria"

6 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by tomakint: 10:47am On Dec 04, 2013
Concerning the politics of bitterness and gross betrayal introduced into the political mainstream of the Nigerian Politicosphere, definitely, I did not open this thread for nothing.....https://www.nairaland.com/1040728/yoruba-race-problem-too-many
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Howmanage: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2013
Ikengawo: lol at sophistication.

The SW functions as so. Nobody wants anyone to be seen as bigger than them. It's very true that if the yoruba are given power, they will turn against whom ever the yoruba in power is unanimously. They don't like seeing the advancement of people like them and the more like them you are the more uncomfortable they are with your success.

This is why the focus is on Igbos and not Fulanis or Hausas. They would rather the Fulani and Hausa succeed because they are strange and distant. If Igbos and Ijaws start to shine they will feel insecure and begin attacking.

The hard part about this mentality is they themselves are too afraid to be the change they want to see. They won't start something, they will do it after someone else has done it and proved it can be done, but when it's time to celebrate they will claim that they did the entire thing themselves and did it the best with no objective means of showing this.

Instead of Ekiti or Osun leading Imo, Anambra, Abia and Delta in education, they will simply say they are the 'most educated tribe' and begin attacking the states that are leading.

Instead of producing their own Achebe, they will write 150 articles trying to breakdown his character despite the fact that he's one of the only africans that have not only outdone the continent, but the rest of the human race that are in his field.

They will also start propping false 'competition' against the person that's 'winning'.

suddenly Dbanj sells as many records and draws the crowd that Psquare does
suddenly Omotola is equal in pay popularity and importance to the movie industry as Genevive Nnaji
suddenly Tinubu is equal to PDP in influence and power despite the fact that he could only deliver 1 state in the federal election, and lost Ondo state to an igbo man headed party that was tried of tribal politics.
suddenly Ibadan is Enugu
suddenly, realizing the entire region is a slum, they're all from Lagos and nobody else can be a Lagosian despite the fact that the governor is from Ekiti and the state has had 2 igbo governors a bini and up to 4 northerners.
suddenly Nollywood is 'igbo' and Yorubawood(?) is equal to it.
instead of being accomdating, they'll claim it
instead of being sophisticated, they'll claim it
instead of being industrious, they'll claim it.

this is crab in a bucket mentality. If you put a group of crabs in one bucket, and one starts to climb out, the rest of the crabs will pull him down.

Believe me, I have an equally extensive list of things i like about the yoruba and I respect them as a people and culture immensely, but im constantly disappointed but their crabs in a bucket mentality and obnoxious belief that other southerners are the enemy. I wouldn't be this critical if i didn't respect them but how is a person supposed to respect a group of people who see the massacre of igbos in biafra by northerners and feel that this was a good thing? or a funny thing?

again it's very easy for the rest of nigeria to see where the problem is coming from.

have to say whenever this Igbo/Yoruba posts come up , so many commenters manage to sound like jilted bridegrooms..... Every time....

I am sure Yoruba nation must feel sorry for disappointing Igbo nation one way or the other over the years but I think the Igbo nation should get over it and move on. Focus on each other's good points and how we can live together ....please...

1 Like

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Desola(f): 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I have more just in case you want it. Why does a rational person need to state his tribe while trying to make a point? Don't you believe in the strength of your logic and analyses?

Like I said, you aint fooling no one.

Muhehehe...good job Sherlock! grin grin
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by trovert: 2:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Absolute nonsense, all the yorubas championing anti Jonathan campaign are totally corrupt and failed leaders. If they are sincere as you said why did they keep shut during obasanjo's 8 years
u must be suffering from long term memory lost....the greatest opposition to obasanjo came from southwest...the likes of gani fawemi,femi falana nd co..
am an nt a yoruba btyorubas re just too enlightened nd sophisticated...Those re the forefront of the fight to swear in GEJ as acting president were majorly yorubas soyinka,bakare nd co only for his wife to talk ill of the same man...Yorubas re always objective nd dont allow sentiment to becloud their sense or reason..jonathan is performing poorly nd they turn against him PERIOD

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by moses2383(m): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ikengawo: Yorubas are the worst type of enemy. Hausas will fight you face to face. They will tell you their strengths and deficits. You are only their enemy once you offend them or their agenda. Yorubas only agenda is to be against you. They don't want to go forward, they don't want to be in leadership, they just don't want you to go forward or be in leadership. The north wants to islamize nigeria and colonize it. the SE wants to be left alone the the maximum extent possible and represented in government. The SS wants to control its resources and destiny. Of all of these objectives, the SW has seen the SS and the SE as the enemy, the north as the ally, and have no objective of it's own other than making sure nobody else achieves their objective.

permanent spoilers. This is why they're always in 'opposition'. They don't have enough focus to move in one direction but enough aimlessness to hold everyone else from their goals. Instead of reading anything Wole Soyinka has wrote, they will wait for someone to celebrate Chinua Achebe to begin saying Wole Soyinka is better or his 'competition'. They can't tell you what he did or why he won a noble prize (advocating for people that were massacred in Biafra). They will celebrate his nobel in the same sentence they attack Ojukwu for supporting the same thing.

If you don't believe me remember this. Of all the vile things i've said on this forum about the yoruba, i have only been banned after posting positive pictures of Aba, Onitcha and Owerri. These are my only posts that have even been deleted. They're ok with us tearing each other apart, tribe against tribe, but if i celebrate the achievements of the Aba people in building an incredible city, i'm ban. This is a sickness and the rest of southern nigeria isn't used to this mentality.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by ChimaAgbalajob: 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ogoni militant: Remember. Ngige won on Nairaland polls.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The SW should wage their war on 7 fronts!
You can obviously see two is not enough to bother GEJ.

The man has gone to France last night! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by lummyD: 5:03am On Dec 05, 2013
[quote author=Wily1Wily]
No bi only sophisticated, make we hear word.
Tell me one single Yoruba Leader that is better than Jonathan

Jonathan in all fairness cannot measure up to any of yoruba leaders in any faculty.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by lummyD: 5:17am On Dec 05, 2013
FreeGlobe:
You people are just deluding yourselves in the name of deceiving others. Fact is yorubas are tribalistically deceitful.The yorubas massively voted Obasanjo in his 2nd tenure after earlier rejecting him for Olu Falae during his first outing the same way they didn't vote Abiola initially but are now taking credit for his failed bid. While Igbos were drumming against obasanjo's third therm bid with the north (thanks to Atiku and Ken Nnamani), the yorubas again were loudly silent. what a people.

Did I hear u say the yoruba voted massively for Obasanjo PDP 2nd term? It seems u are too dull & never heard of the do-or-die approach deployed by d power-drunk Usurper (Obj)..... & for d 3rd term go do some research & read up on the position of Afenifere, A.C.N etc. Feed ur soul wt d rite info!!!!!
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by ibnakogun: 6:41am On Dec 05, 2013
Damn scolding the dolts since the 13 th century. Big up @ gbawe and oga kats for schooling this sub humanoids.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by owobokiri(m): 7:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
There is a cultural angle to this madness. More than any group, the SW seem to think that they are culturally superior to everybody else. They fact that feudalism, a core aspect of their cultural outlook belongs to the days of ovaranwem seem to easily elude them. And so they think that the igbos have no culture because unlike them, igbos dont roll in the mud when they want to say "good morning" to their fathers.., they must be waking their old ones with "sliding tackles'".. Other peoples cultural symbols and leaders are mercilessly attacked while everything done in Yorubaland is seen as the best. As the hollow attempt at cultural chauvinism progresses, a laughable attempt to sound intellectually superior is vigorously pursued even when facts are in short shrift.. When they tell you they play "sophisticated politics", what they actually mean is that they are they best strategist in the country.., pray tell me; how can you boldly and proudly lay claim to sophistication in politics when all you do when you are not in opposition is to position yourself actively, intellectually and strategically to grab the biggest crumbs from the fulani sickening table? How does sucking furiously from the hausa fulani behind make one a sophisticated being? bunch of clowns

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
owobokiri: There is a cultural angle to this madness. More than any group, the SW seem to think that they are culturally superior to everybody else. They fact that feudalism, a core aspect of their cultural outlook belongs to the days of ovaranwem seem to easily elude them. And so they think that the igbos have no culture because unlike them, igbos dont roll in the mud when they want to say "good morning" to their fathers.., they must be waking their old ones with "sliding tackles'".. Other peoples cultural symbols and leaders are mercilessly attacked while everything done in Yorubaland is seen as the best. As the hollow attempt at cultural chauvinism progresses, a laughable attempt to sound intellectually superior is vigorously pursued even when facts are in short shrift.. When they tell you they play "sophisticated politics", what they actually mean is that they are they best strategist in the country.., pray tell me; how can you boldly and proudly lay claim to sophistication in politics when all you do when you are not in opposition is to position yourself actively, intellectually and strategically to grab the biggest crumbs from the fulani sickening table? How does sucking furiously from the hausa fulani behind make one a sophisticated being? bunch of clowns

The sliding tackles part got me rolling on the floor. Well, different strokes for different folks. Yoruba roll in the mud just to day hello in the morning, some people get into the kung fu mode. No problem.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by tomakint: 8:42am On Dec 06, 2013
owobokiri: There is a cultural angle to this madness. More than any group, the SW seem to think that they are culturally superior to everybody else. They fact that feudalism, a core aspect of their cultural outlook belongs to the days of ovaranwem seem to easily elude them. And so they think that the igbos have no culture because unlike them, igbos dont roll in the mud when they want to say "good morning" to their fathers.., they must be waking their old ones with "sliding tackles'".. Other peoples cultural symbols and leaders are mercilessly attacked while everything done in Yorubaland is seen as the best. As the hollow attempt at cultural chauvinism progresses, a laughable attempt to sound intellectually superior is vigorously pursued even when facts are in short shrift.. When they tell you they play "sophisticated politics", what they actually mean is that they are they best strategist in the country.., pray tell me; how can you boldly and proudly lay claim to sophistication in politics when all you do when you are not in opposition is to position yourself actively, intellectually and strategically to grab the biggest crumbs from the fulani sickening table? How does sucking furiously from the hausa fulani behind make one a sophisticated being? bunch of clowns
TOUCHE! wink
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by owobokiri(m): 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
As we mourn Mandela, y'all should brace yourselves for some bold-daring antics from the "sophisticated" ones. 'Hyping' their own beyond imaginations is a core cultural trait.They have tried positioning one clownish imbe that goes with the cursed name Obasanjo as Nigerias answer to Mandela but the whole world only laughed at the huge joke. A surreal attempt to push him for the position of the UN sec gen was swiftly shrugged off by decent men. . It is only a matter of time before these fulani slaves ressurect Awolowo and inject his nauseating cadavar into this discuss. They call him the "sage"!!! They beleive that there is no body better than him in the past and there will be nobody better in the future so every other public figure in Nigeria is willfully abused because he cant "call from the deep". They basically fancy opposition politics mainly because the guy died a perrenial opposition leader.., remember it is a feudal culture..., the only time he was in government, he committed a genocide! The heckle you with some sordid tales about this "sage" and his war exploits.., he was the brain behind Biafras capitulation..., changing the currency, introducing the starvation/total embargo policy while unleashing the indigenisation policy immediately after the war. Essentially, the unity of Nigeria and her general social outlook post 1970 was the brainchild of the socrates from Okene who was the leading "intellectual" in a government full of bimbos led by one starry eyed 30something year old buffon called Gowon.

The same person praising Awolowo for protecting Nigeria will start to lament Nigerias fairlures in the same breadth! While loudly bemoaning the missed oppurtuinities for the Oduahs within an epileptic Nigeria he regales you with what the yoruba could have been without the burden called Nigeria. Stretched a bit, they STRONGLY beleive that Nigeria, a mere "geographical expression" is a mistake, yet, somehow, maybe deu to tribal loyalty-a core trait of our tiger faced naighbours, they still manage to find ways to arrogate the almighty sage status to the same man who firmly fixed them in Nigeria! They will rather curse Lugard and zik and Ojukwu, yet countless oppurtuinities to solve the "mistake of 1914" came their way and they dodged all. The hypocrisy baffles! The irony? Overwhelminly alarming! How can a man who killed over 3 million to create this ultimate emberassment to the blackman be revered as some kind of sage? How can you kill to be a member of a multi ethnic society only to demand that the future/politics of such a state must be dictated by you and your few choosen friends? Why do yuo insist on one Nigeria when your only contribution is to loot her bare both politically and economically The arrogance is nonplussing!

1 Like

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by kunle4toyeyaho: 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Absolute nonsense, all the yorubas championing anti Jonathan campaign are totally corrupt and failed leaders. If they are sincere as you said why did they keep shut during obasanjo's 8 years
did they keep shut ?Fyi,obasanjo lost election in all the 6 states of d SW in 1999 pres.election and he got d stiffest opposition 4rm his kinsmen wen he chose to withhold lagos local govt.fund.Yorubas are highly educated and objective,they are not ethnic bigots like a particar region of the country and they believ in progressive politics.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by dmz1: 9:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
[b][/b]As we mourn Mandela, y'all should brace yourselves for some bold-daring antics from the "sophisticated" ones. 'Hyping' their own beyond imaginations is a core cultural trait.They have tried positioning one clownish imbe that goes with the cursed name Obasanjo as Nigerias answer to Mandela but the whole world only laughed at the huge joke. A surreal attempt to push him for the position of the UN sec gen was swiftly shrugged off by decent men. . It is only a matter of time before these fulani slaves ressurect Awolowo and inject his nauseating cadavar into this discuss. They call him the "sage"!!! They beleive that there is no body better than him in the past and there will be nobody better in the future so every other public figure in Nigeria is willfully abused because he cant "call from the deep". They basically fancy opposition politics mainly because the guy died a perrenial opposition leader.., remember it is a feudal culture..., the only time he was in government, he committed a genocide! The heckle you with some sordid tales about this "sage" and his war exploits.., he was the brain behind Biafras capitulation..., changing the currency, introducing the starvation/total embargo policy while unleashing the indigenisation policy immediately after the war. Essentially, the unity of Nigeria and her general social outlook post 1970 was the brainchild of the socrates from Okene who was the leading "intellectual" in a government full of bimbos led by one starry eyed 30something year old buffon called Gowon.

The same person praising Awolowo for protecting Nigeria will start to lament Nigerias fairlures in the same breadth! While loudly bemoaning the missed oppurtuinities for the Oduahs within an epileptic Nigeria he regales you with what the yoruba could have been without the burden called Nigeria. Stretched a bit, they STRONGLY beleive that Nigeria, a mere "geographical expression" is a mistake, yet, somehow, maybe deu to tribal loyalty-a core trait of our tiger faced naighbours, they still manage to find ways to arrogate the almighty sage status to the same man who firmly fixed them in Nigeria! They will rather curse Lugard and zik and Ojukwu, yet countless oppurtuinities to solve the "mistake of 1914" came their way and they dodged all. The hypocrisy baffles! The irony? Overwhelminly alarming! How can a man who killed over 3 million to create this ultimate emberassment to the blackman be revered as some kind of sage? How can you kill to be a member of a multi ethnic society only to demand that the future/politics of such a state must be dictated by you and your few choosen friends? Why do yuo insist on one Nigeria when your only contribution is to loot her bare both politically and economically The arrogance is nonplussing!As we mourn Mandela, y'all should brace yourselves for some bold-daring antics from the "sophisticated" ones. 'Hyping' their own beyond imaginations is a core cultural trait.They have tried positioning one clownish imbe that goes with the cursed name Obasanjo as Nigerias answer to Mandela but the whole world only laughed at the huge joke. A surreal attempt to push him for the position of the UN sec gen was swiftly shrugged off by decent men. . It is only a matter of time before these fulani slaves ressurect Awolowo and inject his nauseating cadavar into this discuss. They call him the "sage"!!! They beleive that there is no body better than him in the past and there will be nobody better in the future so every other public figure in Nigeria is willfully abused because he cant "call from the deep". They basically fancy opposition politics mainly because the guy died a perrenial opposition leader.., remember it is a feudal culture..., the only time he was in government, he committed a genocide! The heckle you with some sordid tales about this "sage" and his war exploits.., he was the brain behind Biafras capitulation..., changing the currency, introducing the starvation/total embargo policy while unleashing the indigenisation policy immediately after the war. Essentially, the unity of Nigeria and her general social outlook post 1970 was the brainchild of the socrates from Okene who was the leading "intellectual" in a government full of bimbos led by one starry eyed 30something year old buffon called Gowon.

The same person praising Awolowo for protecting Nigeria will start to lament Nigerias fairlures in the same breadth! While loudly bemoaning the missed oppurtuinities for the Oduahs within an epileptic Nigeria he regales you with what the yoruba could have been without the burden called Nigeria. Stretched a bit, they STRONGLY beleive that Nigeria, a mere "geographical expression" is a mistake, yet, somehow, maybe deu to tribal loyalty-a core trait of our tiger faced naighbours, they still manage to find ways to arrogate the almighty sage status to the same man who firmly fixed them in Nigeria! They will rather curse Lugard and zik and Ojukwu, yet countless oppurtuinities to solve the "mistake of 1914" came their way and they dodged all. The hypocrisy baffles! The irony? Overwhelminly alarming! How can a man who killed over 3 million to create this ultimate emberassment to the blackman be revered as some kind of sage? How can you kill to be a member of a multi ethnic society only to demand that the future/politics of such a state must be dictated by you and your few choosen friends? Why do yuo insist on one Nigeria when your only contribution is to loot her bare both politically and economically The arrogance is nonplussing!

a sober piece[b]As we mourn Mandela, y'all should brace yourselves for some bold-daring antics from the "sophisticated" ones. 'Hyping' their own beyond imaginations is a core cultural trait.They have tried positioning one clownish imbe that goes with the cursed name Obasanjo as Nigerias answer to Mandela but the whole world only laughed at the huge joke. A surreal attempt to push him for the position of the UN sec gen was swiftly shrugged off by decent men. . It is only a matter of time before these fulani slaves ressurect Awolowo and inject his nauseating cadavar into this discuss. They call him the "sage"!!! They beleive that there is no body better than him in the past and there will be nobody better in the future so every other public figure in Nigeria is willfully abused because he cant "call from the deep". They basically fancy opposition politics mainly because the guy died a perrenial opposition leader.., remember it is a feudal culture..., the only time he was in government, he committed a genocide! The heckle you with some sordid tales about this "sage" and his war exploits.., he was the brain behind Biafras capitulation..., changing the currency, introducing the starvation/total embargo policy while unleashing the indigenisation policy immediately after the war. Essentially, the unity of Nigeria and her general social outlook post 1970 was the brainchild of the socrates from Okene who was the leading "intellectual" in a government full of bimbos led by one starry eyed 30something year old buffon called Gowon.

The same person praising Awolowo for protecting Nigeria will start to lament Nigerias fairlures in the same breadth! While loudly bemoaning the missed oppurtuinities for the Oduahs within an epileptic Nigeria he regales you with what the yoruba could have been without the burden called Nigeria. Stretched a bit, they STRONGLY beleive that Nigeria, a mere "geographical expression" is a mistake, yet, somehow, maybe deu to tribal loyalty-a core trait of our tiger faced naighbours, they still manage to find ways to arrogate the almighty sage status to the same man who firmly fixed them in Nigeria! They will rather curse Lugard and zik and Ojukwu, yet countless oppurtuinities to solve the "mistake of 1914" came their way and they dodged all. The hypocrisy baffles! The irony? Overwhelminly alarming! How can a man who killed over 3 million to create this ultimate emberassment to the blackman be revered as some kind of sage? How can you kill to be a member of a multi ethnic society only to demand that the future/politics of such a state must be dictated by you and your few choosen friends? Why do yuo insist on one Nigeria when your only contribution is to loot her bare both politically and economically The arrogance is nonplussing!As we mourn Mandela, y'all should brace yourselves for some bold-daring antics from the "sophisticated" ones. 'Hyping' their own beyond imaginations is a core cultural trait.They have tried positioning one clownish imbe that goes with the cursed name Obasanjo as Nigerias answer to Mandela but the whole world only laughed at the huge joke. A surreal attempt to push him for the position of the UN sec gen was swiftly shrugged off by decent men. . It is only a matter of time before these fulani slaves ressurect Awolowo and inject his nauseating cadavar into this discuss. They call him the "sage"!!! They beleive that there is no body better than him in the past and there will be nobody better in the future so every other public figure in Nigeria is willfully abused because he cant "call from the deep". They basically fancy opposition politics mainly because the guy died a perrenial opposition leader.., remember it is a feudal culture..., the only time he was in government, he committed a genocide! The heckle you with some sordid tales about this "sage" and his war exploits.., he was the brain behind Biafras capitulation..., changing the currency, introducing the starvation/total embargo policy while unleashing the indigenisation policy immediately after the war. Essentially, the unity of Nigeria and her general social outlook post 1970 was the brainchild of the socrates from Okene who was the leading "intellectual" in a government full of bimbos led by one starry eyed 30something year old buffon called Gowon.

a sober piece[/b]As we mourn Mandela, y'all should brace yourselves for some bold-daring antics from the "sophisticated" ones. 'Hyping' their own beyond imaginations is a core cultural trait.They have tried positioning one clownish imbe that goes with the cursed name Obasanjo as Nigerias answer to Mandela but the whole world only laughed at the huge joke. A surreal attempt to push him for the position of the UN sec gen was swiftly shrugged off by decent men. . It is only a matter of time before these fulani slaves ressurect Awolowo and inject his nauseating cadavar into this discuss. They call him the "sage"!!! They beleive that there is no body better than him in the past and there will be nobody better in the future so every other public figure in Nigeria is willfully abused because he cant "call from the deep". They basically fancy opposition politics mainly because the guy died a perrenial opposition leader.., remember it is a feudal culture..., the only time he was in government, he committed a genocide! The heckle you with some sordid tales about this "sage" and his war exploits.., he was the brain behind Biafras capitulation..., changing the currency, introducing the starvation/total embargo policy while unleashing the indigenisation policy immediately after the war. Essentially, the unity of Nigeria and her general social outlook post 1970 was the brainchild of the socrates from Okene who was the leading "intellectual" in a government full of bimbos led by one starry eyed 30something year old buffon called Gowon.

a sober piece

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Knew Babangida Was Plotting To Overthrow Me / Presidency Says Buhari Might Resign, Gives Shocking Reason / Enugu Youths To Ugwuanyi: "Declare State Of Emergency In Awgu Over Security Sabo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.