Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? (6969 Views)

Buhari Waging Another War Against S/east - Ezeife / Niger, Chad Attack Boko Haram After IS Pledge Opens New Fronts -YAHOO NEWS / Nigeria State Waging War On Islam And Moslems- Sharia Supreme Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by emmatok(m): 11:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
FreeGlobe:
You can't deceive us Mr man. Yorubas only only hated obasanjo because he was not their choice initially. falae was their choice. How many times did yorubas criticize obj's performance the way they are doing GEJ even though Jonathan has performed better. last I checked yoruba sons including FFK and Okupe were Obj's praise singers. As worse as Tinubu's tenure was why don't yorubas criticize him? bigoted tribe

Thought you claimed OBJ was not criticised by the SW, now you are claiming something else.
For information Tinubu is not totally accepted in the SW all he has is political might.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by kaze4blues(m): 11:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ikengawo: Tribalism. If you notice all the attacks have been very personal, sentimental and towards GEJ's character showing a lack of respect for him because of where he's from and his culture

drunk fisherman
Stupid
his wife is a 'hippo'
he's 'retarded'
he's a militant
etc etc

This is one of 2 nigerian presidents that have a college education and is a self made man from poverty. As stupid as Obasanjo is (openly), and as uneducated as IBB and the rest are, the SW was never so vehemently opposed to them despite them being almost cartoonishly wicked, corrupt and unable to abide by rule of law.

the SW was for amensty for Boko Haram to spite GEJ
the SW was against fuel subsidy removal, and THEN for fuel subsidy removal once Ribadu said what Okonjo Iweala and Allison Madueke and GEJ has been saying the whole time.
the SW was anti-pdp but is now pro "new pdp"
the SW sided with Buhari even after his followers massacred christian youths during youth services

anything that ensure the progress of the rest of southern Nigeria the SW is against. The SW were in the ranks with Boko Haram. Yorubas are the only southern tribe with boko haram members.

It is very clear and obvious that this has nothing to do with GEJ's performance, because they have been both for and against the exact same GEJ policies based on what will hurt him personally. GEJ has done more for the SW than Yar Adua, Obasanjo and IBB combine (Economic boom, revamp airports, revival of trains, manufacturing plants in Ondo, Oyo, Osun, a Space Agency in Lagos etc etc). You can't say it's a matter of performance, it's simply hatred. Everyone from Wole Soyinka to Tinubu even OBJ are unanimously hateful and have no respect for the president of Nigeria because of where he's from.

Igbos have found no reason to dislike him. He's preforming, he's civil, and he's professional. Under him our NATIONAL aviation, power, agriculture, business community, transportation, sports, and oil industries are blossoming and evolving and nobody can deny this.

We're not going to call him a drunk or his wife a 'hippo' because this is hateful and uncivilized.

What are u saying....

U suffer from incoherence of thoughts.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
TouchDown: Ikengawo,

Many fail to understand how politics work in Nigeria. The simple truth is you cannot have a region where the opposition reigns supreme and expect leading opinions to favour the ruling govt in the centre. I'm Yoruba and I live among my people. I know that the ordinary folk has no special beef for today's govt as they rightly see it as a continuation of the impunity and incompetence that have affected the country since the 70s. No more no less. I don't know where many of you live here on this forum. The biggest supporter of Buhari in 2011 where I was happened to be a man from the niger-delta and there I was insisting GEJ should be the man...

GEJ won here despite our opposition leaders but has carried on from the very onset as if all of us here are opposed to his govt.

There's a reason why little has changed in Nigeria and its the same reason some have found no reason to adore any individual who has had made no sincere attempt to change things. You cannot prove that the biggest opposition to obj wasn't in the south-west when the likes of odimegwu and the stock exchange woman were campaigning around for his 3rd term ambition... "The Nation" papers became popular in the south-west off the back of criticism of Obj and his gang of s/west governors!

As it stands today , any nigerian leader no matter where is from will lose a fair election if the alternatives are better. Simple.

I supported GEJ in 2011 to the extent my relationship with dear northern friends isn't the same today... I didn't expect much neither did I think things will be this bad. There's evidence of the support we gave everywhere you look if you respect facts and truth.

The fact we didn't venture into a suicidal civil war with your people doesn't change the essence of our being and the truest and purest forms of our way of life. I'm sorry.

Challenging every other thing you wrote about yoruba people is a waste of time to me. Worse can still be written about the yoruba and indeed any other group including yours.
Bless you Bro

1 Like

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by nku5: 11:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Obiagelli:
Bless you Bro

Alj Harem again undecided
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by SterlingTowers(m): 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ikengawo: lol at sophistication.

The SW functions as so. Nobody wants anyone to be seen as bigger than them. It's very true that if the yoruba are given power, they will turn against whom ever the yoruba in power is unanimously. They don't like seeing the advancement of people like them and the more like them you are the more uncomfortable they are with your success.

This is why the focus is on Igbos and not Fulanis or Hausas. They would rather the Fulani and Hausa succeed because they are strange and distant. If Igbos and Ijaws start to shine they will feel insecure and begin attacking.

The hard part about this mentality is they themselves are too afraid to be the change they want to see. They won't start something, they will do it after someone else has done it and proved it can be done, but when it's time to celebrate they will claim that they did the entire thing themselves and did it the best with no objective means of showing this.

Instead of Ekiti or Osun leading Imo, Anambra, Abia and Delta in education, they will simply say they are the 'most educated tribe' and begin attacking the states that are leading.

Instead of producing their own Achebe, they will write 150 articles trying to breakdown his character despite the fact that he's one of the only africans that have not only outdone the continent, but the rest of the human race that are in his field.

They will also start propping false 'competition' against the person that's 'winning'.

suddenly Dbanj sells as many records and draws the crowd that Psquare does
suddenly Omotola is equal in pay popularity and importance to the movie industry as Genevive Nnaji
suddenly Tinubu is equal to PDP in influence and power despite the fact that he could only deliver 1 state in the federal election, and lost Ondo state to an igbo man headed party that was tried of tribal politics.
suddenly Ibadan is Enugu
suddenly, realizing the entire region is a slum, they're all from Lagos and nobody else can be a Lagosian despite the fact that the governor is from Ekiti and the state has had 2 igbo governors a bini and up to 4 northerners.
suddenly Nollywood is 'igbo' and Yorubawood(?) is equal to it.
instead of being accomdating, they'll claim it
instead of being sophisticated, they'll claim it
instead of being industrious, they'll claim it.

this is crab in a bucket mentality. If you put a group of crabs in one bucket, and one starts to climb out, the rest of the crabs will pull him down.

Believe me, I have an equally extensive list of things i like about the yoruba and I respect them as a people and culture immensely, but im constantly disappointed but their crabs in a bucket mentality and obnoxious belief that other southerners are the enemy. I wouldn't be this critical if i didn't respect them but how is a person supposed to respect a group of people who see the massacre of igbos in biafra by northerners and feel that this was a good thing? or a funny thing?

again it's very easy for the rest of nigeria to see where the problem is coming from.

Yours is a case of misguided complex and utter unrefined jealousy of the yorubas. Be that as it may joining issues with you on all the irreverent hogwash written by you, will be a waste cerebration at best. I wonder what people carry about in their mind if not that there is an avenue to publish same on line only God knows what would have eaten some people out. Hate mongers are generally lazy lots, let yorubas be and let the records speak. You guys analyses and expertise on yorubas at times is rock shock and utter gag as you drown in fallacious cess pool and mutilate facts and skew every thing you fail to achieve as the demons of the yorubas. When a masquerade over dances he loses the toga of the spirit and becomes ordinary. When all your thoughtless conjectures comes to bite you guys at the keister be rest assured your yoruba torments will rub saline on your festering wound. Keep at it and you do be surprised at what monster you guys have created just continue to feed it.

17 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by dexentity: 11:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by dexentity: 11:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Some set of people are so hypocritical that they support any goverment in power and see any other person or region opposing their belief as the devil. Did they voice out against obj, abacha, babangida n our other corrupt leaders? Where were they when prominent yorubas n other well meaning Nigerians where protesting in favour of JEG during the Turai and Yar'adua's cabal ridiculous hold on power? They only found their voice when the soup is done.

Yoruba voiced out against all d former leaders n i think dat is a plus. When did it become a crime to be critical of a goverment that makes policies that affect us all. It is okay if the east support the government of the day but let them not expect same from other regions. In politics it is permanent interest that matters. Ikengawo is just been overtly emotional with all his childish ranting. Are the southwest killing people to protest JEG being president?

Some Yorubas can form alliance wit whom ever they deem fit within the country. All they are saying is what the government is doing is not enough in a legal n legitimate way. They had form alliances with d igbos and other tribes before so why the hating? But i no blame the guy sha, man must wack, i guess he is jst fighting for his n his region's interest.

One thing i know for sure is that JEG wil do anything to woo yorubas and hausas ahead of 2015 election cuz SS n SE votes alone can never retain him in aso rock n he knows that so you guyz should stop making more enemies for him with ur ant rantings cuz it can only make matters worse for him.

For the records, all the Yorubas that ikengawo listed died for what they believe in, for something noble and worth dying for. And that to me is heroic. The hausas kill them and the igbos killed Samuel L. Akintola and others so what is his point

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by tomakint: 12:25am On Sep 14, 2013
@Ikengawo, you shall be the head and not the tail all the days of your lives, your enemies (no matter how numerous they are) shall all be made your footstools in Jesus name, your works shall not perish out of the land of the living, your oil of success, favour, goodhealth, divine connection shall never runs dry.....You spoke the ABSOLUTE TRUTH about a TRIBE I belonged to, this had been my position about my tribe since I joined this esteemed forum! May God keep Jonathan till 2019 for us!

7 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by reporter1: 12:29am On Sep 14, 2013
The simple truth is that the Yorubas are the most political conscious group in Nigeria. You either perform or be booted out in the SW.
Since inception of Nigeria, the SW has enjoyed the best of governance relative to other regions. This is because SW folks demand accountability from their leaders more than folks from other regions. Not that the system is perfect in SW, but given time and continuity, the SW will be the first region to see governance similar to developed nations.

As for GEJ, no one hates him; his abysmal performance is his undoing. Fact is that it was the SW people who first stuck their necks out during the Yaradua debacle. If they didn't want him, they would not have stuck their necks out in the first case.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by reporter1: 12:29am On Sep 14, 2013
double post..
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by BlackBaron: 12:44am On Sep 14, 2013
tomakint: @Ikengawo, you shall be the head and not the tail all the days of your lives, your enemies (no matter how numerous they are) shall all be made your footstools in Jesus name, your works shall not perish out of the land of the living, your oil of success, favour, goodhealth, divine connection shall never runs dry.....You spoke the ABSOLUTE TRUTH about a TRIBE I belonged to, this had been my position about my tribe since I joined this esteemed forum! May God keep Jonathan till 2019 for us!

grin grin grin grin

You sure about that mate?

This is looking like one of the worst case of Personality Disorders I ever came across...

7 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Femmyfamous4u(m): 12:48am On Sep 14, 2013
I will like to make some analysis here about GEJ's performance so far since he became president from an unbiased view but before I do that, I will have to say that he is presently running his 4th year as a present since he took over after the demise of Yar'adua.

Although when GEJ took over from power, it took him about two years to really understand the situation of things hence the decision to contest for 2015 election.
Although he came from the minority, he gained the sympathy of the populace which results in the way people voted for him. It may suffice to say that I canvassed and voted for him.

GEJ seemed to have engaged too many people for his campaign and election in 2011 and therefore led to a great indebtedness and obligations to those who financed his campaign which actually led to hoodwinking and reclamation of money by these same people who he has awarded contracts and though GEJ is aware that some of them are not actually fulfilling the requirement of the contract yet he allowed them because it was a way of paying them back for their "generous" gestures for his campaign.

Nigerians had high hopes when voting GEJ based on his manifesto and promises he made to make life better, constant electricity supply among others. Hence, this led to people asking several questions on GEJ's performance.

GEJ therefore sprang into action by based on seeming calls by civil societies and others by ensuring improved agriculture, promotion of business-friendly environment to attract foreign investments and quick registration of business to expand the economy and very recently he has also embarked on construction on some federal roads, revived the rail system by awarding contracts of connecting more routes and reconnected dilapidated ones. He also veered into the power sector to ensure better supply of power by privatising PHCN and paying off disengaged workers. In security, boko haram which seems to be a major threat has been a major concern to the government thereby declaring state of emergency in some state with the army taking charge over the states and success has been recorded especially with the death of the sect's leader- Shekau.

Inspite of the foregoings, GEJ is still found wanting in so many ways which has made so many Nigerians to call for his removal or stall his re-election by 2015. Below are some of the identified reasons.

1) Before GEJ came to power, #300billion was paid for subsidy on petroleum for a year but as soon as he came to power, the figure rose to about #1trillion; granting additional 8 people licenses to import fuel without supplying same.
2) Jan 1st, 2013. GEJ announced he total removal of fuel subsidy which came as a shock to Nigerians which led to several protest from all parts of the country before declaring part removal of the subsidy promising revampimg to full capacity of the refineries in the country, buses for all states as palliatives and so on
3) Corruption is SO pronounced in his regime. Subsidy fraud( with defaulters bot brought to book). Pension fraud, police fraud, NFF fraud and even state pardon to Alams who should be in jail on corrupt charges.
4) Decline in power supply (obj left us with 4500 megawatts but instead of improving,the country now has 2600 megawatts
5) Oil theft (just last month #365 billion worth of crude oil was stolen, what is the government doing about that)
6) Abuse of power (NGF crisis where he recognised 16 men as against 19 men)

Having said this much, you can decide who to vote for. Although I canvassed votes and voted for GEJ in the last election, he has already lost my vote!

9 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by DaLover(m): 12:51am On Sep 14, 2013
Prof_Dumbledore: On one front their's Bola tinubu with his new party APC proving to be a stiff and stubborn opposition... On the other end we Have former PDP leaders from the south west like Olagunsoye oyinlola and co...under the New PDP proving to be a thorn in the flesh. My dilenma is why a region which took the bold step of calling for Yar'adua's Removal in his ailing days(while other regions including SS were still dragging their foot) suddenly destest the same man they once fought for?

One reason only, he hasn't done enuf to assure the SW of unfettered access to oil wealth control, he even threaten to stop the subsidy which has become a birth right and close shop for the importers..

You can be trying to remove food from someone's mouth and still expect support!
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by reporter1: 12:53am On Sep 14, 2013
tomakint: @Ikengawo, you shall be the head and not the tail all the days of your lives, your enemies (no matter how numerous they are) shall all be made your footstools in Jesus name, your works shall not perish out of the land of the living, your oil of success, favour, goodhealth, divine connection shall never runs dry.....You spoke the ABSOLUTE TRUTH about a TRIBE I belonged to[b][/b], this had been my position about my tribe since I joined this esteemed forum! May God keep Jonathan till 2019 for us!

You know you are only fooling yourself...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by mandarin: 12:53am On Sep 14, 2013
Sterling Towers:

Yours is a case of misguided complex and utter unrefined jealousy of the yorubas. Be that as it may joining issues with you on all the irreverent hogwash written by you, will be a waste cerebration at best. I wonder what people carry about in their mind if not that there is an avenue to publish same on line only God knows what would have eaten some people out. Hate mongers are generally lazy lots, let yorubas be and let the records speak. You guys analyses and expertise on yorubas at times is rock shock and utter gag as you drown in fallacious cess pool and mutilate facts and skew every thing you fail to achieve as the demons of the yorubas. When a masquerade over dances he loses the toga of the spirit and becomes ordinary. When all your thoughtless conjectures comes to bite you guys at the keister be rest assured your yoruba torments will rub saline on your festering wound. Keep at it and you do be surprised at what monster you guys have created just continue to feed it.

' every thing you fail to achieve as the demons of the yorubas'.

I think what Ikenga and co fails to realize is that criticism is a tool for developments, If GEJ has done well as propagated here there is no need to trivialize this issue, his performance should earn him a second term. Political power play is been seen from ethnic perspective, the Yoruba are not your usual house boy, you've got to show what you've got to win their supports.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by DaLover(m): 1:01am On Sep 14, 2013
jenbost: I am not from south west but it is very important to know that the people are highly sophisticated. their ideology is good for our nascent democracy. GEF would not have been the president without the support of this tribe but he disappointed them in the area of good governance and that's why they are against him. if the president change overleaf, Yoruba will be the first to sing his praise song.

Before independence to the civil war, the Yoruba voted for AG, a Yoruba party,
At the second republic, hey voted for UPN, a Yoruba party,
At the beginning of the 3rd republic, they voted for AD, a Yoruba party,
For the second term of Obj govt, he appealed to them and they voted PDP because of the Yoruba president.
After Obj left office they returned to ACN, the new Yoruba party on the block..

Is this what you are calling highly sophisticated? I am not say other ethnic groups are better, but can you stop making such noises for goodness sake?
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by tomakint: 1:16am On Sep 14, 2013
BlackBaron:

grin grin grin grin

You sure about that mate?

This is looking like one of the worst case of Personality Disorders I ever came across...
Have you considered a career in comedy yet? undecided because I don't think I am finding you funny at all.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by tomakint: 1:23am On Sep 14, 2013
reporter?:

You know you are only fooling yourself...
One terrible thing I have noticed about the highly tribalistic Yorubas here is that whenever the truths were clearly spelt out before their eyes (like Ikengawo did) they will still find a way to dance around it like someone dancing to the beats of 'obiripo'! Son, let love reign in your heart before it's too LATE!

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 14, 2013
why is ikengawo crying?? grin

so much hate! wow! ...the opposition is rimming your jonathan and you are crying here

heya pele .... deal with it grin grin
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by BlackBaron: 1:36am On Sep 14, 2013
tomakint:
Have you considered a career in comedy yet? undecided because I don't think I am finding you funny at all.
To the untrained eyes...

The irony of your condition is lost on you.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by DaLover(m): 1:47am On Sep 14, 2013
Femmyfamous4u: I will like to make some analysis here about GEJ's performance so far since he became president from an unbiased view but before I do that, I will have to say that he is presently running his 4th year as a present since he took over after the demise of Yar'adua.

Although when GEJ took over from power, it took him about two years to really understand the situation of things hence the decision to contest for 2015 election.
Although he came from the minority, he gained the sympathy of the populace which results in the way people voted for him. It may suffice to say that I canvassed and voted for him.

GEJ seemed to have engaged too many people for his campaign and election in 2011 and therefore led to a great indebtedness and obligations to those who financed his campaign which actually led to hoodwinking and reclamation of money by these same people who he has awarded contracts and though GEJ is aware that some of them are not actually fulfilling the requirement of the contract yet he allowed them because it was a way of paying them back for their "generous" gestures for his campaign.

Nigerians had high hopes when voting GEJ based on his manifesto and promises he made to make life better, constant electricity supply among others. Hence, this led to people asking several questions on GEJ's performance.

GEJ therefore sprang into action by based on seeming calls by civil societies and others by ensuring improved agriculture, promotion of business-friendly environment to attract foreign investments and quick registration of business to expand the economy and very recently he has also embarked on construction on some federal roads, revived the rail system by awarding contracts of connecting more routes and reconnected dilapidated ones. He also veered into the power sector to ensure better supply of power by privatising PHCN and paying off disengaged workers. In security, boko haram which seems to be a major threat has been a major concern to the government thereby declaring state of emergency in some state with the army taking charge over the states and success has been recorded especially with the death of the sect's leader- Shekau.

Inspite of the foregoings, GEJ is still found wanting in so many ways which has made so many Nigerians to call for his removal or stall his re-election by 2015. Below are some of the identified reasons.

1) Before GEJ came to power, #300billion was paid for subsidy on petroleum for a year but as soon as he came to power, the figure rose to about #1trillion; granting additional 8 people licenses to import fuel without supplying same.
2) Jan 1st, 2013. GEJ announced he total removal of fuel subsidy which came as a shock to Nigerians which led to several protest from all parts of the country before declaring part removal of the subsidy promising revampimg to full capacity of the refineries in the country, buses for all states as palliatives and so on
3) Corruption is SO pronounced in his regime. Subsidy fraud( with defaulters bot brought to book). Pension fraud, police fraud, NFF fraud and even state pardon to Alams who should be in jail on corrupt charges.
4) Decline in power supply (obj left us with 4500 megawatts but instead of improving,the country now has 2600 megawatts
5) Oil theft (just last month #365 billion worth of crude oil was stolen, what is the government doing about that)
6) Abuse of power (NGF crisis where he recognised 16 men as against 19 men)

Having said this much, you can decide who to vote for. Although I canvassed votes and voted for GEJ in the last election, he has already lost my vote!

When $300 Ben was being paid as subsidy, do you remember the constant fuel scarcity we always suffered? Over the 8 year of obj and extra years under Yaradua? do you remember that outside lagos and a few other places fuel was never sold at pump price before GEJ?
Since GEJ arrived on the scene fuel has been flowing at the same price across the country for more than 3 years now...did it occur to you that it wold cost a lo more to do so?

You lie, when you say that GEJ suddenly announced removal of fuel subsidy on 1st jan, as he said it many month prior to that date and even made he date clear to everyone, he fact that you did not take him seriously is not his fault.

All the corruption schemes were exposed under him had been going on for a long time before his administration actually aided in the exposure of these schemes, he never tried to cover up any and allowed unfettered access to whoever sort information. eFCC is currently procuring various cases, but our impatient opponents point to the lack of convictions, forgetting that judicial processes could span as much as 10 years or more.

On Obj leaving us 4500 MW, that's an out rite lie that doesn't need a response

The level of oil theft is a signal o the rest of the nation that resource control beckons at the door, support GEJ to implement resource control and true federalism.

How is NGF abuse of power now? If I dalover also decide to recognize jang as the head of NGF, what power am I abusing. Is NGF a constitunal
Body?

Your reasons are not solid enuf to take the position you are taking now, except there is some other reason, which I suspect is tribal, base on the oil hypothesis I mentioned earlier.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by agbameta: 1:58am On Sep 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Absolute nonsense, all the yorubas championing anti Jonathan campaign are totally corrupt and failed leaders. If they are sincere as you said why did they keep shut during obasanjo's 8 years

Tinubu must have fought OBJ for 8 long years in silence, even his daughter paid for his sins against Yoruba people.

I don't know why little ignorant kids like you engage political discussions you are not mentally and intellectually equipped engage..

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Kanwulia: 6:07am On Sep 14, 2013
Because they are 'spoilers' of war! kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by ProfOgogoro: 6:27am On Sep 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
You can't deceive us Mr man. Yorubas only only hated obasanjo because he was not their choice initially. falae was their choice. How many times did yorubas criticize obj's performance the way they are doing GEJ even though Jonathan has performed better. last I checked yoruba sons including FFK and Okupe were Obj's praise singers. As worse as Tinubu's tenure was why don't yorubas criticize him? bigoted tribe

You are a pure dunce!!

Are Abati and Okukpe not Yoruba sons who are GEJ praise singers??

Are Bode George and Mimiko not GEJ messengers??

Who are you deceiving with ur senseless words??

Where were you when Wole, Falana, Bakare etc were on the streets fighting for GEJ??

Bigotry has deeply eaten all your brain cells!!

9 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by djfaithy: 6:40am On Sep 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Absolute nonsense, all the yorubas championing anti Jonathan campaign are totally corrupt and failed leaders. If they are sincere as you said why did they keep shut during obasanjo's 8 years
. You must be a kid if not, you will know yorubas have never supported obasanjo, they. Hate him even in his home town, so don't say they keep mute, infact they (SW) are his no one enemy throughout his tenure,if not for them atiku alone is not enough to stop obasanjo's 3rd term bid and the fact that we have some corrupt leaders in a region does not make everyone in that region bad people, please reduce your hatred for yoruba's it won't do you any good.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Gbawe: 6:49am On Sep 14, 2013
Why are South-Westerners even replying to this junk? Do you guys not look at previous posts of posters to know you are being baited? When you ignore a fool, he soon goes away. If you guys wish to change Nairaland and turn it into an arena of constructive discussion, then stop indulging cretins and bigots who start ethnocentric threads even a 5 year old is wise enough to ignore.

Mods, can you move this trash to the tribalism and ethnic hatred section where it belongs?

16 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by cKaiser: 6:58am On Sep 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Nonsense! OBJ did not enjoy support from the southwest right from day one because he was not the preferred candidate of the Afenifere group. Olu Falae was. But for OBJ's second tenure, he got every support from the southwest. It was only during the pursuit of the evil third term agenda that the southwest (led by ACN and Tinubu) joined the rest of the country to stop OBJ.

OBJ was also criticised during his tenure but not at the magnitude the current president is faced with. Come to think of it, it is unthinkable that a leader will not face criticisms, but the problem here is the magnitude and the unfairness and harshness of the criticisms, including the PULL-HIM-DOWN syndrome GEJ is currently faced with.

SHow us any criticism of GEJ from the SE or the SS something on the level Yorubas criticized OBJ during his tenure to show who the real bigots in the country are

The most vocal critics of OBj were Soyinka, Falana, Gani and Tinubu all Yoruba

OBJ chief asskissers were Mantu, Uba, Anenih

7 Likes

Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by ijawcitizen(m): 7:22am On Sep 14, 2013
Ikengawo: Tribalism. If you notice all the attacks have been very personal, sentimental and towards GEJ's character showing a lack of respect for him because of where he's from and his culture

drunk fisherman
Stupid
his wife is a 'hippo'
he's 'retarded'
he's a militant
etc etc

This is one of 2 nigerian presidents that have a college education and is a self made man from poverty. As stupid as Obasanjo is (openly), and as uneducated as IBB and the rest are, the SW was never so vehemently opposed to them despite them being almost cartoonishly wicked, corrupt and unable to abide by rule of law.

the SW was for amensty for Boko Haram to spite GEJ
the SW was against fuel subsidy removal, and THEN for fuel subsidy removal once Ribadu said what Okonjo Iweala and Allison Madueke and GEJ has been saying the whole time.
the SW was anti-pdp but is now pro "new pdp"
the SW sided with Buhari even after his followers massacred christian youths during youth services

anything that ensure the progress of the rest of southern Nigeria the SW is against. The SW were in the ranks with Boko Haram. Yorubas are the only southern tribe with boko haram members.

It is very clear and obvious that this has nothing to do with GEJ's performance, because they have been both for and against the exact same GEJ policies based on what will hurt him personally. GEJ has done more for the SW than Yar Adua, Obasanjo and IBB combine (Economic boom, revamp airports, revival of trains, manufacturing plants in Ondo, Oyo, Osun, a Space Agency in Lagos etc etc). You can't say it's a matter of performance, it's simply hatred. Everyone from Wole Soyinka to Tinubu even OBJ are unanimously hateful and have no respect for the president of Nigeria because of where he's from.

Igbos have found no reason to dislike him. He's preforming, he's civil, and he's professional. Under him our NATIONAL aviation, power, agriculture, business community, transportation, sports, and oil industries are blossoming and evolving and nobody can deny this.

We're not going to call him a drunk or his wife a 'hippo' because this is hateful and uncivilized.

Good job Mr. Ikengawo!
For the first time, I'm agreeing with you on something.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by ijawcitizen(m): 7:23am On Sep 14, 2013
Ikengawo: I would also like to add that this is the ancedotes of a few very loud internet savvy south westerners. If you go to GEJ's page, Yorubas are trooping to support him like anyone else. It's not an igbo convention there or a ijaw party, it's very broad based and national support.

GEJ will win in 2015, and history will remember him as the president that brought industry back to nigeria, aviation back to nigeria, power back to nigeria, international respect back to nigeria, working functional institutions back to nigeria, professionalism and technocrats back to government, and liberated the south from the grip of the north and their southwestern lap dogs.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 14, 2013
Ikengawo: Yorubas are the worst type of enemy. Hausas will fight you face to face. They will tell you their strengths and deficits. You are only their enemy once you offend them or their agenda. Yorubas only agenda is to be against you. They don't want to go forward, they don't want to be in leadership, they just don't want you to go forward or be in leadership. The north wants to islamize nigeria and colonize it. the SE wants to be left alone the the maximum extent possible and represented in government. The SS wants to control its resources and destiny. Of all of these objectives, the SW has seen the SS and the SE as the enemy, the north as the ally, and have no objective of it's own other than making sure nobody else achieves their objective.

permanent spoilers. This is why they're always in 'opposition'. They don't have enough focus to move in one direction but enough aimlessness to hold everyone else from their goals. Instead of reading anything Wole Soyinka has wrote, they will wait for someone to celebrate Chinua Achebe to begin saying Wole Soyinka is better or his 'competition'. They can't tell you what he did or why he won a noble prize (advocating for people that were massacred in Biafra). They will celebrate his nobel in the same sentence they attack Ojukwu for supporting the same thing.

If you don't believe me remember this. Of all the vile things i've said on this forum about the yoruba, i have only been banned after posting positive pictures of Aba, Onitcha and Owerri. These are my only posts that have even been deleted. They're ok with us tearing each other apart, tribe against tribe, but if i celebrate the achievements of the Aba people in building an incredible city, i'm ban. This is a sickness and the rest of southern nigeria isn't used to this mentality.

succinctly delivered. QED.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by ijawcitizen(m): 7:36am On Sep 14, 2013
Ikengawo: Yorubas have followed Boko Haram and Buhari's CPC who's thugs massacred youth corpers because they lost an election by which their candidate spoke only Hausa believing this his people are entitled to Nigeria as their personal property. They are now following Atiku, who is the first man in human history to become a billionaire working as an airport employee.

I can understand wanting to follow Fashola who is a great man and great transformer and leader. I can even understand wanting to follow Tinubu because he united your people. But Fashola hasn't been visceral towards GEJ. He has little bad to say about the federal government. He has requested state police, a stronger fight against corruption and decentralizing powers. That all makes perfect sense. Amaechi, Peter Obi, Oshiomole, Akpabio, Mimiko, Rochas, and Imoke have all asked for the same. you

But when you start asking FG to pay boko haram, for GEJ not to run in 2015 which is his right as a citizen, calling his wife a hippo, calling him a drunkard, cheering when igbos are killed, supporting the party of Yerima and the Abacha family (ANPP) voting yes for child marriage, supporting the party that massacred youth corpers (CPC), attempting the defame prominent igbos like Bianca by spreading rumors about their sex life, cheering for the death of Chinua Achebe who committed no crime against the yoruba other than saying Awolowo was advocating the advancement of yorubas over others (which you all know is true), cheering for efforts to frustrate igbo businessmen in Lagos, and joining ranks with Boko Haram/supplying weapons and your sons, it is easy for the rest of southern nigeria to realize that the only enemy they have in Nigeria is the 'SW', and that there's nothing objective about their 'opposition' other than the fact that it's based on and born in the advancement of hatred and envy.
I'm taking the relevant points from this, leaving out one or two that are half truths.
Re: Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? by Femolacaster(m): 7:43am On Sep 14, 2013
Gbawe: Why are South-Westerners even replying to this junk? Do you guys not look at previous posts of posters to know you are being baited? When you ignore a fool, he soon goes away. If you guys wish to change Nairaland and turn it into an arena of constructive discussion, then stop indulging cretins and bigots who start ethnocentric threads even a 5 year old is wise enough to ignore.

Mods, can you move this trash to the tribalism and ethnic hatred section where it belongs?
Gbawe! I always like your posts.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Resource Control Is Not Feasible / A Must See!!!!! (photo Attached)president Robert Mugabe's Quote! / Breaking! Omoyele Sowore tear into Yahaya Bello in Kogi state. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.