Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3478135 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kwaifa23(m): 11:52am On Jan 16, 2015
Kazrem:

I had a similar experience when I applied for direct entry last year. Send your results (waec and others) to the email above quoting your form number, password and preferred course. If truly you meet the requirements you would be granted admission. You can scan your result to them as I was asked to.

But where you given admission. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mortipher: 12:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
Please who knows if PGD students have started submitting project topics.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
kwaifa23:

But where you given admission. Thanks
Yeah
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oneluvs: 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2015
Please house what does this mean * Students are expected to offer at least one elective course per semester. Also they can only register a maximum of 25 units per semester*. I have three electives in my course, I wanted to know according to the quote above, if out of the three electives I will register for only one elective course. Because am about to pay for course registration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SENESCO(m): 10:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
Kazrem:

TMA means Tutor Mark Assignment.
Exam in a department does not last beyond 3 weeks or less. That 2 months is for the entire period of the exam.
Nysc . I don't know.
However, I wonder why people continue asking about Nysc. Open universities is meant for working class and as such not expected to go for service as you can't combine working with service. If you young or not working (dependent), why coming to open university. Go to conventional school.
I know the school is making tremendous effort to ensure her ng graduates participate in nysc but if it doesn't work, exemption letter is given So?
I also thought d program is meant for workin class ( a workin class can b a young dude) bt I was surprised wen I got dia n 95 per cent of dose I met r young boys n girls, some r even below 18yrs who come for tuitorial frm mon-fri. I was even told dat dia is no tuitorial on sat which put d pple d program is meant for at a disadvantage.
On d issue of NYSC to d best of my knowledge I dnt think dey do go for service bt a girl I met said they've started goin for service she even claimd dat her neighbor who is a noun
SENESCO:
Pls I need urgent answer to dis my questn o. I went to do screening and after d screenin we were askd to pay #5500 to d bank #500 to d skool makin 6k.
Dose dat av paid collectd 1 T-shirt n cap, dey said if we dnt pay we won't b able to get matric number. My questn nw is whether d 6k is part of d compulsory fee, n hw wil I knw weda dey hav added d 6k to my portal so dat I wil just pay d remanin 35k instead of 41k coz am confused o.
graduate is nw in service.
Could u pls ans dis my questn?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcstyle40(m): 11:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
Pls i just bought noun form n registered in online .... I later realised that i mistakenly clicked on arts programms instead of managment science programm and i was given admission in ENGLISH instead of HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT which is wat i wanted to register for.... Pls how do i change the course from english to hospitality management. Tanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 12:52am On Jan 17, 2015
I started going to Noun when I was 16yrs age angry angry
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LOUIS6(m): 8:23am On Jan 17, 2015
Hello NOUNites.........

Any Criminology & Security Studies Student in 100 Level first-Semester @ Akure Study Centre..... Should Call - 08030579680
for his/her Already Made & available Course Materials @ A very Low Price..... ASAP!

#TEAMCRIMINOLOGY
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LOUIS6(m): 8:23am On Jan 17, 2015
LOUIS6:
Hello NOUNites.........

Any Criminology & Security Studies Student in 100 Level first-Semester @ Akure Study Centre..... Should Call - 08030579680
for his/her Already Made & available Course Materials @ A very Low Price..... ASAP!

#TEAMCRIMINOLOGY
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by vicdon(m): 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
Mawnin fellas, I received dis txt dis mawnin, pls wot does it mean. Hope it ain't dat sum1 is joking wif me.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 1:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
vicdon:
Mawnin fellas, I received dis txt dis mawnin, pls wot does it mean. Hope it ain't dat sum1 is joking wif me.
Fraudster at work.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by factorial1(m): 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2015
Don't be left out.. click the link below to join PHYSICS STUDENTS WORLDWIDE. It's getting hotter!!!
https://m./327583574101405?refid=27
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
kcstyle40:
Pls i just bought noun form n registered in online .... I later realised that i mistakenly clicked on arts programms instead of managment science programm and i was given admission in ENGLISH instead of HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT which is wat i wanted to register for.... Pls how do i change the course from english to hospitality management. Tanks

Meet your Study Center web master to change your course since its an online error.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
Kazrem:

Fraudster at work.
Lol na real fraud o.

I can see your good work in the house, thumbs up!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
vicdon:
Ignore the thief!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
oneluvs:
Please house what does this mean * Students are expected to offer at least one elective course per semester. Also they can only register a maximum of 25 units per semester*. I have three electives in my course, I wanted to know according to the quote above, if out of the three electives I will register for only one elective course. Because am about to pay for course registration.
Yes register at least one elective course.
But let don't allow your total credit load to exceed 25.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oluwasuski: 12:35am On Jan 18, 2015
please I need info about the study centres, do they all offer the same courses I.e does lagos study centre offer the same exact courses as abeokuta, kaduna etc..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mcdee13: 9:07am On Jan 18, 2015
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mcdee13: 9:11am On Jan 18, 2015
dawoyo:

There's a deadline! Screening stops immediately after matriculation. Anyways that's how it is in my study centre.
bro. did you attend the convocation ceremony yest? I think u studied Bus. Admin @ the master level. someone told me that bus. admin graduate names r not among d one in the comprehensive convocation booklets.
congrats...
76ae3504
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dawoyo(m): 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
Mcdee13:

bro. did you attend the convocation ceremony yest? I think u studied Bus. Admin @ the master level. someone told me that bus. admin graduate names r not among d one in the comprehensive convocation booklets.
congrats...
76ae3504
Thanks bro! I was there live & I collected my certificate. There was no M.Sc. in the convocation booklet but I believe our names was added to the MBA Biz Admin list cos our certificates were joined together. I didn't buy the booklet cos I was busy scrambling to get my certificate.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
oluwasuski:
please I need info about the study centres, do they all offer the same courses I.e does lagos study centre offer the same exact courses as abeokuta, kaduna etc..
Yes!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
dawoyo:

Thanks bro! I was there live & I collected my certificate. There was no M.Sc. in the convocation booklet but I believe our names was added to the MBA Biz Admin list cos our certificates were joined together. I didn't buy the booklet cos I was busy scrambling to get my certificate.
WOW! Happy for you sir! Congrats!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by aned: 8:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
dawoyo:

Congratulations Sir.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oluwasuski: 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
emmyvet:

Yes!

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dawoyo(m): 1:17am On Jan 20, 2015
emmyvet:

WOW! Happy for you sir! Congrats!!
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dawoyo(m): 1:19am On Jan 20, 2015
aned:

Congratulations Sir.
Thanks boss!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hooduhark(f): 1:41am On Jan 20, 2015
seansifo:
I visited a business center yesterday to get some paperwork done to my greatest surprise I saw a very young girl (highest 21years of age) processing noun admission and I was like wtf?. I still can figure out what is stopping her from taking jamb. Most people (especially youths) believe noun is the surest well that's true but believe me one can never compare noun students to those in other university. Noun is a very good initiative but definitely not for people like "her" For now, all most 80% of noun students are half baked please lets be honest and that's why it called "open university"

Please let's advise our youth (especially those below 25years) to stay away from now at least for now. Jamb has been made easier now
Guy, u r getting it all wrong? It's your myopic opinion, and has got nothing to do with honesty. You need to open up your mind...... And learn from those who are trying to correct this opinion here.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hooduhark(f): 1:59am On Jan 20, 2015
NOUN like other tertiary institutions has got it's imperfections. It is left for each n every individual to examine or reexamine their reasons for enrolling at the university, and make d best use of the opportunity. Let's encourage prospective n existing students. I hate it when I see youths coming out boldly to blame the government or some other sectors for unemployment and their other misfortune. Excuse me! No government gives two doughnuts about you or d kinda job you want. Mold yourself to be in the position of those leaders tomorrow. NOUN or CAMBRIDGE, i say it is just a name cos I know my worth. It has worked for me. It wouldn't stop working for me. I believe in ME n I stand for my belief. I dunno about you. .... I'm really gonna shed some tears if my classmate becomes my cleaner tomorrow simply cos all they see in NOUN is limitations. ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by seunpayne(m): 1:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
please who knows when the ongoing screening for new applicants would end? I'm in abuja by the way
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by VIPICO(m): 1:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
Here's saying a hearty CONGRATULATION to all 4th set of Graduands of the National Open University of Nigeria which took place at the National Theatre, Iganmu, Lagos on the 17th January, 2015. Like the overall Best Graduating student said in her valedictory speech, be happy for your success but don't rest on your oars, do not relish it for too long. The world waits for no one. It's time to set new goals and move on to achieve more in life - whatever it is you have chosen for yourself. May God be with you all. - VIPICO (OP of this thread)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 1:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
Must one go Lagos to collect his or her certificate?
Why can't they send the certificates down to the study centres?

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.