Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3475584 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by siddiq202(m): 9:57am On Dec 11, 2012
ferdimako:

This has been discussed. Let him read through the pages.

Please just give him the summary. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mo9: 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
how many first class; second class(upper and lower) does noun produce in the list of graduating student for comm tech in lagos.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
m.o:
how many first class; second class(upper and lower) does noun produce in the list of graduating student for comm tech in lagos.

U hav to go and enquire or call Lagos Headquarters.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
siddiq202:

Please just give him the summary. Thanks

Al but not now, till 2mor.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2012
Pls comment on the last pen on paper exam and the results, how do u feel about the exam.
grin
grin
grin
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by siddiq202(m): 2:35pm On Dec 11, 2012
ferdimako:

Al but not now, till 2mor.
OK thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
vico4u: Pls comment on the last pen on paper exam and the results, how do u feel about the exam.
grin
grin
grin

When they sms me my result this night, I will comment on the POP.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kekakuz(m): 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
Please old students how much will next semester cost me. I heard ithe fee is semesterly
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:05am On Dec 12, 2012
kekakuz: Please old students how much will next semester cost me. I heard ithe fee is semesterly

N2,500 + ur courses' fees + exam fees.At every first semester the compulsory fee is N15,500.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2012
siddiq202:
OK thanks

Not still happy. My IT person is not seeing the reasons to show me my last semester results.

TMA is Tutor Marked Assignment and it comes in fours for every registered examinable course. For math courses, you get 10 questions per TMA and that means each question attracts 1 point. For non-math courses, you get 20 questions per TMA and that means half mark for a question. No negative markings.

When you're done with the TMAs, NOUN will pick and add your best three TMAs and that will be over 30...30%. This means you can best three and forgo one. Or when u noticed u did badly on one, u prepare better for the next one in order not to have the poor one picked.

TMAs are all electronic but optionally realtime. U get the questions from ur portal, print them off, answer them and head back in to submit. U can do them right there!And You get ur scores immediately after submissions.

Sometimes, NOUN's database doesn't match with the correct answer on ur material...it is strange. I had to complain last time out, and they allowed me redo them.

Almost every question you'll encounter comes from ur materials.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2012
vico4u: Pls comment on the last pen on paper exam and the results, how do u feel about the exam.
grin
grin
grin

I am still awaiting my results. I did 9 POPs last time (which is the first time in recent times). I must say if marked well, I'll get like 5As. I will tell u still today if the guy fulfills his promise later today. POPs allow u to express urself because most times, the questions are EXPRESS URSELF ON WHAT U KNOW ON THIS AND THAT. So if u write very well with good handwriting and spellings, you should command As.Not sure until they send in my results.

Although I saw them marking the scripts last August in Lagos Head office, I do not know the techniques and what they are looking out for.

E-exams are still good oh and it could be better for some courses. Like I will prefer e-exams on MTH307. That course am expecting an E. Haha it totally threw me off the tangent that day.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by siddiq202(m): 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
@ferdimako

Thanks.
TMAs are all electronic but optionally realtime. U get the questions from ur portal, print them off, answer them and head back in to submit. U can do them right there!And You get ur scores immediately after submissions.
Needs more explanation on this.

1. Are all the questions (including MTH) objectives?
2. can one submit the answers after printing the questions anytime between 14th of Dec and 14th of Jan?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
siddiq202: @ferdimako

Thanks.

Needs more explanation on this.

1. Are the questions including MTH objectives?
2. can one submit the answers after printing the questions anytime between 14th of Dec and 14th of Jan?

1. Every question is OBJ whether it is a math or non-math course.But for e-exams, in addition to OBJ,you have fields to fill in after determining ur answer.
2. Yes it has been like that, let's watch out if it gonna be different this time.

Hello All, I made 4A's,4Bs,3Cs,1D,1E & 1F. I expected the F though-it's Mth307...be careful with that POP course. I will smash it an A this semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by siddiq202(m): 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
ferdimako:

1. Every question is OBJ whether it is a math or non-math course.But for e-exams, in addition to OBJ,you have fields to fill in after determining ur answer.
2. Yes it has been like that, let's watch out if it gonna be different this time.
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
siddiq202:
Thanks

u a welcome. am not still happy...that guy is yet to send in my results. I can't wait any more.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bakozy(m): 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2012
Pls is the sch form still on sale? If yes some1 should pls halla me on this num 08051956060 or 08064146168 I'll really appricate 10x
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
Bakozy: Pls is the sch form still on sale? If yes some1 should pls halla me on this num 08051956060 or 08064146168 I'll really appricate 10x

call u?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2012
pls i need assistance on ao to obtain NOUN admission form, i will b glad if someone can assist me, kindly drop a number which i can call or direct me on ao to go about it tnx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
ferdimako:

I guess it is new but Jos Study center does the opposite. I would have loved urs cos I have up to 20 courses and the student counselor refused to sign it last Tuesday. I plan to leave it like (it has their seal across my passport photograph) that or when drop button becomes active I will drop 7 courses, sign 13 courses and re-register the 7 course and see what is what. I have actually reached my expected maximum TCE, I am just trying to enrich my knowledge and transcript with some electives.

The man was like you want to trick us by doing two semesters in one and I told him they take 8months to finish one. Funnily enough I can drop those courses and still graduate this semester but I will just lose the money.
pls i need ur help on d issue of noun admission, i want to no if d form is out and ao can i go about it, i wil b glad to ur response
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 12, 2012
ferdimako:

Yep.
pls kindly assist me , i need useful information about noun and how can i gt the form
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
apeelewuetu:
Those people doing dat are 419, admission and registration is still open, no need of 3k. cool
pls ao can i gt register for d next academic session
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 9:29am On Dec 13, 2012
ceezonnifemi: pls ao can i gt register for d next academic session
why can't u start now, time wait for no one, anyway if u intend to start next semester u can go ahead now, buy the form , fill in the necessary thing to obtain admission and do the screening and wait till next semester for payment of school fees.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 9:35am On Dec 13, 2012
Course materials are available at affordable price of one thousand naira per material provided the pages are not more than 200, students from far distance from Ilorin may need to add a token amount of one thousand naira for delivery charges and i promise to deliver within the next 24hrs.For detail call me on 07066369302.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 13, 2012
ceezonnifemi: pls i need ur help on d issue of noun admission, i want to no if d form is out and ao can i go about it, i wil b glad to ur response

Or wait till April 2013.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2012
apeelewuetu:
why can't u start now, time wait for no one, anyway if u intend to start next semester u can go ahead now, buy the form , fill in the necessary thing to obtain admission and do the screening and wait till next semester for payment of school fees.
pls let me av ur number, so i can make som personal enquiry, tnx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
ceezonnifemi: pls let me av ur number, so i can make som personal enquiry, tnx

TMA1 questions are in but the submit button could be enabled tomorrow. I've printed all of my courses, two are still missing though. MHT307-repeat & GST203.I will e-mail and ring TMA people tomorrow!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jamauldeen: 7:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
I was at NOUN (Ikeja Study Centre) to make enquiries into direct entry into LL.B Law of d University and was told am qualified to apply but will wait till march 2013 cox I haven't collected my B.Sc Political Science result in UI..please wen is d form goin to be on sale cox I will be going for my NYSC orientation camp in march too..Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by siddiq202(m): 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
jamauldeen: I was at NOUN (Ikeja Study Centre) to make enquiries into direct entry into LL.B Law of d University and was told am qualified to apply but will wait till march 2013 cox I haven't collected my B.Sc Political Science result in UI..please wen is d form goin to be on sale cox I will be going for my NYSC orientation camp in march too..Thanks
The form is always on sale
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by OBENI(m): 9:23pm On Dec 13, 2012
apeelewuetu: Course materials are available at affordable price of one thousand naira per material provided the pages are not more than 200, students from far distance from Ilorin may need to add a token amount of one thousand naira for delivery charges and i promise to deliver within the next 24hrs.
I need HPM 147 - TOURISM POLICY AND PLANNING
How much?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
jamauldeen: I was at NOUN (Ikeja Study Centre) to make enquiries into direct entry into LL.B Law of d University and was told am qualified to apply but will wait till march 2013 cox I haven't collected my B.Sc Political Science result in UI..please wen is d form goin to be on sale cox I will be going for my NYSC orientation camp in march too..Thanks

Good one! U can register now but will only get cleared when u have d B.Sc cert, and if that comes in early you start April 2013.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
ceezonnifemi: pls let me av ur number, so i can make som personal enquiry, tnx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 10:10pm On Dec 13, 2012
If you are here it means you are a graduating student, Please take note of every bit of information on this page.

Very Important Notice to all Graduating Students...

REGULARISATION PROCESS TOWARDS NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS (NYSC) SCHEME
I write to inform you that as part of our preparations towards undertaking the National Youth Service, All graduating students are expected to regularise their admissions process. The sum of Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N3, 500 :=) only is to be paid for the regularisation process.

To this end all students are mandated to pay the said regularization fee into SKYE Bank Account No. 1770364597.

Graduating students should however note that only names of students who have made this necessary payment would be forwarded to the National Youth Service Corps for consideration.

The deadline for payment is Friday 21st December 2012 for all graduating students. Thank you.
All Graduating Students are to Download and Fill the Clearance Form Below;

NOUN Student final Clearance form 3.pdf

Please note that this form will be required to be filled and presented at your various study centers.

Account Informationd class="style8">Account Information
• SKYE Bank Account No. 1770364597.
source - NOUN website

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Payshe and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.