Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Short Story Competition - Literature (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story Competition (41662 Views)

Short Story Competition - <<Nuges11 wins!!!!>> / Commonwealth Short Story Competition / 2008-9 Commonwealth Short Story Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Short Story Competition by Firstgentleman1(m): 11:11am On Oct 11, 2013
OMA4U: Okay o..... I'm done. Still staying on a ow key awaiting others.....

Miss_Fibre and Royver, you guys are too much. job well done!
RESPECT cool
Re: Short Story Competition by repogirl(f): 11:45am On Oct 11, 2013
Tflow left, your clock is ticking away o.....i guess the dead line is still at 12 noon?
Re: Short Story Competition by tflow2(m): 12:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
Please I need the entire Nairaland community to grant me extra period of grace till tonight. Work this week has left me struggling for breath. I have been writing in between meals and traffic. I had to deprive myself of much needed rest to finish up the story overnight. Please give me till tonight to type and upload. Thank you.
Re: Short Story Competition by tflow2(m): 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
repogirl: Tflow left, your clock is ticking away o.....i guess the dead line is still at 12 noon?
GRACE is all I need. I promise I no go fall una hand. Na beg I dey o
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sorry guys, I've been busy and had some difficulties accessing the net where I was. I'm glad the competition has proceeded as planned. I will take time to read up all works now.

Efemena_xy informed me she will be busy within this period; so we've got 7 judges to appraise the final round.

T-flow's request granted. I've been busy myself, and I understand what it means. Its better you requested for more time, we're giving you till midnight as you requested.
Re: Short Story Competition by tflow2(m): 7:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
O.K! We are streaming live now...t-t-flow.9 fm and this is what y'all been waiting for Wages of Sin TAKE AM!
LOL....I'm just kidding oh everyone. Sorry to have kept you waiting. Delay was inevitable, but I finally put something together for you guys. Hope you enjoy my 'insanity' Wages of Sin

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
O boy eee.....

I been read only one story. Time to go read the story so that when the judges begin judge, me ma go get mouth. Make una no fear. I be their conscience and I ready to treat their eff ups for una.

All una need do na to back me up!! grin

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by kingphilip(m): 8:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
Fingers crossed, tongue tied, mouth sealed til the judges verdit...me no knw who to support o....they all got nyc stories over there
Re: Short Story Competition by repogirl(f): 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
Wow, wow, good job to all contestants, honestly, all your stories left me wanting more, like I didn't want it to end. I guess that's how good writing makes one feel.

However, as you know, there will be some corrections but I must say.... I really enjoyed everything I read here ......well some quite more than others.

pity we'll have only one first prize, cos I'm kinda in a little dilemma here. Anyway, I'll sort that out somehow, good one, guys. Well done.
Re: Short Story Competition by kingphilip(m): 4:37am On Oct 12, 2013
repogirl: Wow, wow, good job to all contestants, honestly, all your stories left me wanting more, like I didn't want it to end. I guess that's how good writing makes one feel.

However, as you know, there will be some corrections but I must say.... I really enjoyed everything I read here ......well some quite more than others.

pity we'll have only one first prize, cos I'm kinda in a little dilemma here. Anyway, I'll sort that out somehow, good one, guys. Well done.
same here couldn't av said it any beta
Re: Short Story Competition by An0nimus: 8:11am On Oct 12, 2013
I read Miss Fibre's and I thought I had seen it all. Then I read the rest and was blown away. You all are simply outstanding.
Re: Short Story Competition by An0nimus: 8:17am On Oct 12, 2013
Worthy of note is the tremendous rate of improvement of the writers in this round. They put into writing what they learnt from round one.

Please when is the next competition? I wan buy registration form grin
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:20am On Oct 12, 2013
An0nimus: Worthy of note is the tremendous rate of improvement of the writers in this round. They put into writing what they learnt from round one.

Please when is the next competition? I wan buy registration form grin
its not for sale angry
Re: Short Story Competition by An0nimus: 8:34am On Oct 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: its not for sale angry
If you be judge when I enrol nai be say I don hearam be that cry
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:39am On Oct 12, 2013
An0nimus:
If you be judge when I enrol nai be say I don hearam be that cry
I will take a seat and watch, the next competition is gonna be on fire.
Re: Short Story Competition by repogirl(f): 8:48am On Oct 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I will take a seat and watch, the next competition is gonna be on fire.

personally, I'm looking forward to 10000 words, it will be such a treat.
Re: Short Story Competition by Oahray: 8:59am On Oct 12, 2013
Finish this one first before you talk of next competition angry

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by Omolola1(f): 9:01am On Oct 12, 2013
I'm in a fix undecided all 5 stories are good cry
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 9:06am On Oct 12, 2013
You guys blew me away. There's a tremendous improvement and I'm having a hard time finding faults with your works.

Kudos everyone.

Judges, submit your scores at the submission thread since its still unlocked. Mine is almost ready cheesy
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 9:13am On Oct 12, 2013
The five finalist:

Send me a PM. Ensure you can retrieve mails from your mail box. I will reply the pm of winners with their little reward.

If your mail box isn't functional, you can drop your phone number.
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:37am On Oct 12, 2013
Where is the submission thread please embarassed
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 10:26am On Oct 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Where is the submission thread please embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/1454855/short-story-competition-submission-thread/2

Submit; can't wait to see how you graded the papers cheesy

Mine is almost ready.
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 10:28am On Oct 12, 2013
Nuges11; I've received your PM.

O'boy, you need to see how many pm's I've received in this shortest interval. Are some peeps trying to con me into sending them airtime they didn't work for

C'mon guyus, I'm not that blindcheesy
Re: Short Story Competition by Royver(m): 10:31am On Oct 12, 2013
Pls what's a PM embarassed
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 10:38am On Oct 12, 2013
Royver: Pls what's a PM embarassed

Private mail. Click on my username, it will open my profile. Scroll down to where you will see 'Send email message'. Click on it and click send.
A message will be sent to my email address with your email address. In that way, I can reply your message and the reply will appear directly in your mail box.

If you can't do that, post your mail address here and I will send you a mail. Ensure that you're using a working mail address. Don't want my recharge card landing in the mooncheesy
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 10:40am On Oct 12, 2013
PM from Royver received.

You're a fast learner.
Re: Short Story Competition by Royver(m): 10:41am On Oct 12, 2013
Thanks! grin
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 10:45am On Oct 12, 2013
PM from Ms_fibre received.
Re: Short Story Competition by sambroose(m): 10:46am On Oct 12, 2013
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT-------------------FLOW
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 1:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
PM from Oma4u received.
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
Pm form princesa soon to be received....... grin

#girlsarenotsmiling oh, chief mazi must shake small body reach our sidecheesy
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
princesa: Pm form princesa soon to be received....... grin

#girlsarenotsmiling oh, chief mazi must shake small body reach our sidecheesy

cheesycheesy
Submit your scores abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

The Madam At The Top / The Preacher's Son III: Diary Of A Player / Life Of A Unilag Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.