Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush (30197 Views)

How Two Soldiers Were Killed In Boko Haram Ambush / Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) / Nigerian Soldiers Successfully Repel Suspected Boko Haram Ambush In Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
eagle,eye:

You are an idi0t.
he is more dan an Idiot
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by seunlayi(m): 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
[size=48pt]this blunder is a confirmation that saboteurs are among nigeria army and if not checked, I foresee a situation whereby Boko Haram will sing a victorious song [/size]
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by skimarvel: 7:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
bloggernaija: More like Operational incompetence and presidential failure.
THAT IS WHY WE ARE NOT SEEING ANY PROGRESS.THE PLAN ITSELF IS FLAWED
with the trillions of naira voted for security,why not a night raid with night vision goggles with helicopter gunship support .
Just One apache AH64 can control that battlefield by providing cover for the advancing troop from more than 10 miles and destroying everything that moves.
Guess what ,it cost less $25 million dollars
Why won't the soldiers be slaughtered like ileya ram.
Do you need to conduct an air raid before advancing on the terrorist ?
IS the element of surprise not the key to winning this kind if war?
More like BBM' ing to alert the terrorist before advancing with armourless and useless pick-up truck.
All this after devoting over a trillion naira annually to security for the past 3 years.

When nigeria is ready to fight this kind of asymmetric warfare with proper weapons ,equipment and strategy
WAKE ME UP
RIP soldiers
U deserve a better commander in chief.

Apache AH64 ( not crappy chinaware)dealing with terrorists who do not even know they were being watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHwVZWHeX0o
guy u 2 dey watch AMERICAN FILMS OOOO
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by KnowAll(m): 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
[size=16pt]Is it not surprising just when a court martial has been constituted for saboteurs in the Army, the hidden cells within the rank and file of our soldiers launched there biggest strike, Are they not telling those officers who would pass the death sentence on their colleagues to think twice b4 making their judgement.[/size] undecided
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by ALEXIS0240: 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
I refuse to believe this news,our soldiers no dull like that.the reverse will be the case
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Wealthlex(m): 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
bloggernaija: More like Operational incompetence and presidential failure.
THAT IS WHY WE ARE NOT SEEING ANY PROGRESS.THE PLAN ITSELF IS FLAWED
with the trillions of naira voted for security,why not a night raid with night vision goggles with helicopter gunship support .
Just One apache AH64 can control that battlefield by providing cover for the advancing troop from more than 10 miles and destroying everything that moves.
Guess what ,it cost less $25 million dollars
Why won't the soldiers be slaughtered like ileya ram.
Do you need to conduct an air raid before advancing on the terrorist ?
IS the element of surprise not the key to winning this kind if war?
More like BBM' ing to alert the terrorist before advancing with armourless and useless pick-up truck.
All this after devoting over a trillion naira annually to security for the past 3 years.

When nigeria is ready to fight this kind of asymmetric warfare with proper weapons ,equipment and strategy
WAKE ME UP
RIP soldiers
U deserve a better commander in chief.

Apache AH64 ( not crappy chinaware)dealing with terrorists who do not even know they were being watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHwVZWHeX0o
omo e dorr red 4 sogist
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by gbadexy(m): 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
Its sabotage alright. The BH were also expecting them.
But since it was a raid they ought to have been vigilant all along and proceeded to the vicinity with stealth even if the aerial bombardment had taken place.
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Muscomide: 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
It is foolhardy to expect by some miraculous stroke that the Nigerian army will not reflect the impunity, corruption and ineptitude that characterise our national life. We have the army we deserve as Nigerians.
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by dinggle: 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
No, let him go to USA and ring bell! More lives have been lost in this administration than any other in exception of the civil war, and the painful truth is that they were preventable. If you don't kit your soldiers well, you are telling them that they are worthless. I wish the senators and ministers were kitted to go fight the war, they would learn to appreciate our brave soldiers.
The problem with the tactics is that the military is fighting with suicide missioners, hence every advantage for the military has to be drawn out.

2 Likes

Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
It is time to retire all Northerners serving in the JTF and use sophisticate weapons to wipe out these desert rats!
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
But that plan was cancelled at the final minutes by an unnamed top official without formal communication to the more than 100 troops that had already advanced on the area.
Something fishy...Betrayal...Why!!
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
Looks like a planned miscalculation...who say boko no get top insiders 4 Nig army
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by jamace(m): 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
Wow!! shocked shocked So sad sad sad

This shows how incompetent our leaders are at all levels, both political and military leaders. Why should there be a last minute change of operational plan without informing troops ALREADY deployed for the operation? I am bitter that the ogas at the top always think of financial benefits to themselves instead of the overall interest and objective. As far as I'm concerned, who ever cancelled the aerial bombardment plan at the last minute is a saboteur and should be court martialled. angry

RIP, gallant soldiers. sad cry
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Redhot111(m): 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
odiman: When is time to fight gun to gun they can't fight but if it to flog civilian can will beating the person and be calling him bloody civilian, if na rioters they for know how to shot. F..K nigerian soldiers
hw old r u? And wat is u level of education, Kindergarten I guess. I bet comot 6rm my front. Only God knw wetin u do wey make dem flog u till u to dis extent. Abi u b armed robber
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Livinusc(m): 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
This is pure sabotage in d military level,there is no two words about it,,,RIP d dated once.
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
JESUS!!! This is enough reason for us to turn to Christ.
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by BobbyTimmy12: 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
demelza: It is obvious that there are still moles in the army working for Boko haram.
This is really demoralizing.
The truth is that all dis so called boko leaders all ave dere loyalist in d Nigerian army, i believe dere moles in the NA castin 2 boko guys.
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by kettykin: 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
There was a Country
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by BobbyTimmy12: 8:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
demelza: It is obvious that there are still moles in the army working for Boko haram.
This is really demoralizing.
The truth is that all dis so called boko leaders all ave dere loyalist in d Nigerian army, i believe dere moles in the NA castin 2 boko guys. RIP soldiers' i believe even though dere gone dey will 4ever b a TEAM! Dis made me to recollect wen my uncle died major kalu may u conti 2 RIP aswel! GOD help NIGERIA!!!
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by hardniola(m): 8:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
yeeeh we are winning d war of insurgent......unsincereneijeriya.

1 Like

Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by BobbyTimmy12: 8:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
The problem is that all dis so called boko leaders in our govement all ave there loyalist in the Nigerian Army, sotherefore i believe dere moles in the NA castin 2 boko guys. RIP soldiers' i believe even though dere gone dey will 4ever b a TEAM! Dis made me to recollect wen my uncle died major kalu may u conti 2 RIP aswel! GOD help NIGERIA!!!
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by AbdulAdam56(m): 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
SUBMARINE: Sabotage Sabotage Sabotage This must be the work of APC sympathizers who wants to make GEJ look incompetent. Joke apart must the army conduct air raid for every ambush.
mumu
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Smooyis(m): 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
Pathetic!
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Femmyfamous4u(m): 8:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
eyenCalabar: 13Volt in my mind now! cry

Exactly what's on my mind too. I pray he survives this.
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by cdoffx(m): 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
Really sad, feel so sober, like crying yet filled with rage as if i'm one of the soldiers who survived the operation. Trying to imagine the psychological effect on them.
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by nikky5(m): 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2013
My wife wept.I joined and took my bible and left bible study mourning for the loss of our gallant brothers.What a loss.Weeping again.
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Pattey(m): 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
My analysis is from the laymans perspective. I dont understand why such ambush should take place, whether there's failure of communication or not. Why did the troops on ground embark on the operation without green light from those supposed to provide aerial cover? Why did those supposed to provide aerial cover pull out of the operation? Aren't those on ground supposed to see signs of aerial bombardment if there was any? If you have answers, I'm willing to learn. I'm just sad at this very unfortunate and avoidable tragedy. I just hope the report is not true.

For once, I find myself 'liking' comments by this man/woman. . . I hope End Time syndrome will not affect this new found line of thought. . . #clear, sane, rational thinking#
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Redhot111(m): 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
odiman: When is time to fight gun to gun they can't fight but if it to flog civilian can will beating the person and be calling him bloody civilian, if na rioters they for know how to shot. F..K nigerian soldiers
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Pattey(m): 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
dammytosh:
We were given the impression of situation under control in the North. Even America did not lose 40 soldiers in a year in serious war front.

In which of the wars biko? Yes, N/Army seems to have screwed up this time and I probably agree with the rest of your post BUT as for the quoted part; Please don't mix sentiments with facts . . .
Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2013

END OF DISCUSSION! Cowardly, incompetent, disorganised, stone-age bâstards. Bullying unarmed civilians is the ONLY thing they can do well. . .issuing frog jumps and whatnot to innocent people. Bunch of clowns.

Let them continue waiting for air support before moving in to quell rag-tag insurgents. 100 armed "soldiers" wasted by a gang of amateur abokis, and all they can do is blame communication gaps and operational errors. What a bunch of useless, clueless eediots.

LET THEM GET THIS STRAIGHT: IT IS NOT ABOUT DEHUMANISING UNARMED CIVILIANS. THAT DOESN'T INDICATE STRENGTH OR TOUGHNESS!

2 Likes

Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Tonylyte(m): 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
jmaine: Am sorry to say this but the truth must always prevail . . .

The Nigerian army are still living in the past and are a bit Lilly livered in most cases . . .

How can the army be always seeking for air cover when going for a raid . .The surprise advantage is lost when you always rely on having the Air force provide air cover for every small raid.

Some of those Military boys dey faint sef if them jam BH . . . .Which levels Na . . embarassed

ths shws notin wrks in 9ja. Same military boiz wey d go peacekeeping outside 9ja d bring glory to us, d sufa 4 dia own cntry so. Imagine. I stil respect our army sha. Adi pity innocent civilians 4 there sha. Army go tak vex bulala them.

Re: 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
I am angry, sad nd dissapointed. Dis casualty figure is jst too high, our soldiers shld b able to contain enemy fire wit or witout air support. Dat is Y dey are soldiers nd dat is wot makes d difference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria / Tinubu: Gov Dapo Abiodun Wouldn't Have Been Governor Without Me / Photo Of People Hailing Okorocha In Ogoni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.