Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,129 members, 7,845,747 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" - TV/Movies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" (118761 Views)

Bollywood Movies Chat Room~~~ / TV/Movies Quiz - The Game / TV/Movies Section Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (81) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 7:23am On Sep 24, 2013
Good morning everyone! I hope y'all slept well?
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 7:26am On Sep 24, 2013
Last night I saw a pre-release screening of 'Prisoners'... the start is a drag but it later picks up and is quite good.
'Captain Phillips' is next week... yay!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 7:34am On Sep 24, 2013
VillageBoi: Last night I saw a pre-release screening of 'Prisoners'... the start is a drag but it later picks up and is quite good.
'Captain Phillips' is next week... yay!
I thought only critics attend pre-screening pls enlighten me.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 8:16am On Sep 24, 2013
prof800:
I thought only critics attend pre-screening pls enlighten me.
I use to attend a lot of those when my 'critic' friend still lived here, he always used to get two tickets grin. The main cinema chain that I use gives perks to customers that sign up for the 'Unlimited' deal. Actually I should have said 'pre- public release'!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 24, 2013
Has nollywood gon cray? What's with this movie ASUU strike or is it some kind of joke?
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 9:40am On Sep 24, 2013
Damn! I'm still vexed wiv dis Nollywood 'ASUU strike' movie thread. It makes Nigerians dt dont do cinemas to think dats how 'boring and stewpeed' every nollywood movie is.

Oge Okoye sef fall my hand...
angry
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 9:48am On Sep 24, 2013
sexytabhi: Has nollywood gon cray? What's with this movie ASUU strike or is it some kind of joke?
Did you read my mind? 'Cos we just posted almost same tin. D thread dey vex me...I swear.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2013
sholay2011:
Did you read my mind? 'Cos we just posted almost same tin. D thread dey vex me...I swear.

Seriously it got me disappointed. Although it's been a while I watched nollywood movie,it is not becausei don't Like them but they can be so fake most times. Also the artistes are not classy at all. Even though we rate them so high.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Afam4eva(m): 10:19am On Sep 24, 2013
sholay2011: Damn! I'm still vexed wiv dis Nollywood 'ASUU strike' movie thread. It makes Nigerians dt dont do cinemas to think dats how 'boring and stewpeed' every nollywood movie is.

Oge Okoye sef fall my hand...
angry
It's just about the money for a lot of them smiley
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 10:43am On Sep 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Though, I won't totally blame d actors sha 'cos they may av been looking for scripts but weren't getting any nd did what was available. At least, man go chop. Dats y I'm against being a full-time actor (wiv no other job as 'back up') as a newbie in this present nollywood except one doesn't have personal standards.

It's far from wrong to do a movie on the menace of ASUU strike but such sensitive topic should be done with care and focus on quality.

The title sef get as e be.

Why dem no call 'The Social Network' a name as lucid as 'Facebook' or 'Zuckerberg'? It still has to do wiv creativity though.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Afam4eva(m): 10:47am On Sep 24, 2013
sholay2011:
Though, I won't totally blame d actors sha 'cos they may av been looking for scripts but weren't getting any nd did what was available. At least, man go chop. Dats y I'm against being a full-time actor (wiv no other job as 'back up') as a newbie in this present nollywood except one doesn't have personal standards.

It's far from wrong to do a movie on the menace of ASUU strike but such sensitive topic should be done with care and focus on quality.

The title sef get as e be.

Why dem no call 'The Social Network' a name as lucid as 'Facebook' or 'Zuckerberg'? It still has to do wiv creativity though.
The name shouldn't be an issue but the quality. It's because of the shabby nature of the movie that the title is being called into question. Afteral there's a movie titled "Jobt' about the founder of Apple Computers. So, i don't think the name was the issue but the content and the rush to always cash in on any problem without thoroughly thinking it through.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 10:47am On Sep 24, 2013
sexytabhi:

Seriously it got me disappointed. Although it's been a while I watched nollywood movie,it is not becausei don't Like them but they can be so fake most times. Also the artistes are not classy at all. Even though we rate them so high.
Don't mind them. But pls, there are gud nollywood movies too that are being made. Incase you've nt seen 'Anchor Baby', try watching it. It would show you the hardwork some ppl put to realise their creative dreams. Our best is yet to come.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 24, 2013
sholay2011:
Don't mind them. But pls, there are gud nollywood movies too that are being made. Incase you've nt seen 'Anchor Baby', try watching it. It would show you the hardwork some ppl put to realise their creative dreams. Our best is yet to come.

alright I will check for it in the stores. I know some nollywood movies have good production and casting
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by demelza: 10:55am On Sep 24, 2013
Hiya room, after having the Inception movie for over 2months without feeling the urge to watch it, I finally did yesterday.
To say I was blown away was to say the least. Everything about the movie was just stunning. The storyline was outta this world, at a point I was confused and had to start from the beginning in order to understand.
The parade of hotness also aided a bit. Had a hard time choosing between Arthur, Eames(sexy accent & lips) and Fischer (gorgeous eyes). kiss Leonardo didnt age well, which is quite a shame.
The ending left me a bit confused so I had to go google it. Christopher Nolan outdid himself on this one. I gave a personal standing ovation at the end.
These are the kind of storylines we should be seeing in Nollywood not crap like "ASUU strike".
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by waxdude: 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
ur right...
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Briareos(m): 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by waxdude: 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
sholay2011:
ANCHOR BABY...nice movie,cnt predict hw d end will look like nd d mesage it passed across...
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 12:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
waxdude:
ANCHOR BABY...nice movie,cnt predict hw d end will look like nd d mesage it passed across...

It is quite good, do watch it!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 12:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
VillageBoi:

Tnx for validating it. tongue
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by waxdude: 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
VillageBoi:

i hav watched it
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2013
shocked I just heard Nigerian female soul singer, ASA's song played on MBC 2 movie promo 'THE LAKE HOUSE' wow!!! Naija don go far oo shocked shocked cheesy
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
god_of_music: shocked I just heard Nigerian female soul singer, ASA's song played on MBC 2 movie promo 'THE LAKE HOUSE' wow!!! Naija don go far oo shocked shocked cheesy
That's nice.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 9:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
IT IS WELL.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by UjSizzle(f): 7:57am On Sep 25, 2013
demelza: Hiya room, after having the Inception movie for over 2months without feeling the urge to watch it, I finally did yesterday.
To say I was blown away was to say the least. Everything about the movie was just stunning. The storyline was outta this world, at a point I was confused and had to start from the beginning in order to understand.
The parade of hotness also aided a bit. Had a hard time choosing between Arthur, Eames(sexy accent & lips) and Fischer (gorgeous eyes). kiss Leonardo didnt age well, which is quite a shame.
The ending left me a bit confused so I had to go google it. Christopher Nolan outdid himself on this one. I gave a personal standing ovation at the end.
These are the kind of storylines we should be seeing in Nollywood not crap like "ASUU strike".
Good for ya smiley So u figured Leonardo was still in a dream when he finally reunited with his kids eh grin

Morning house smiley

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Briareos(m): 8:18am On Sep 25, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Good for ya smiley So u figured Leonardo was still in a dream when he finally reunited with his kids eh grin

Morning house smiley

[size=16pt]SPOILER ALERT!!![/size]

Actually, he is in reality abeg. His totem was wobbling already.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sirlaw2(m): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2013
Morning y'all... I bring goodnews... (as always). We all knw dat www.fztvseries.mobi was shut down cos of unknown reasons... But we have reasons to smile again... U can nw download and watch all ur seasonal movies at www.mobiletvshows.net
Thank me later...

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sirlaw2(m): 8:50am On Sep 25, 2013
Its pretty much d same website... I guess they just changed d name...
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by UjSizzle(f): 9:16am On Sep 25, 2013
Briareos:

[size=16pt]SPOILER ALERT!!![/size]

Actually, he is in reality abeg. His totem was wobbling already.

It wasn't wobbling, it still had a decent spin on it angry
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by waxdude: 9:51am On Sep 25, 2013
uj_sizzle:
grin
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Briareos(m): 10:51am On Sep 25, 2013
uj_sizzle:

Well, it was supposed to spin forever had it been its a dream.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 1:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
Thanks to the mods oh for putting my script on frontpage. smiley Seun Osewa has promised to pay me the allowance attached to such grin grin
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
sholay2011: Thanks to the mods oh for putting my script on frontpage. smiley Seun Osewa has promised to pay me the allowance attached to such grin grin
Congratulations, this is a great opportunity for a career start. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (81) (Reply)

The New Series Empire Fan Club. / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.