Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! - Family (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (112342 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by LizNaira: 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
swagqueen:
Have you been battered and abused in whatever way by your spouse, relatives, spouse's family (for widows) etc Then come here let's talk! Tell your story and read about other people's experiences too. You never know,help might come from the advice we get here. And we could save lives.

Btw,counsellors are also invited to counsel us.

Thanks for sharing..... kiss

I read that 1 out 5 people have experienced some form of abuse. Sometimes you just need to forget the past and move on not letting it define you!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Youngpo413: 2:20am On May 12, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
I'm so thrilled for you bluuu!
He's been pretending and hiding his true nature all along.

Just one denial of that so called "cake" brought them hidden ugly traits out!!!

Like someone said, go out more. Go to the cinemas, go window and actual shopping etc and be happy.

Block and delete his contact in every blockable way!

You were living your life for him, now is the time to live for YOU!
lol @ "cake"
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by lilmizwierd(f): 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
peggykorol:
Once a man starts abusing the wife physically,he won't stop.it goes on and on.thats how mine started and I thought it would be the last.i know some people on NL feel am not real or I caused my problem myself but you are free to feel or think however you want
As am typing this now,I have some wounds on my back and hands.thats the recent beating I got from someone who claims to luv me very much.for every time I question his fidelity,I get beaten up seriously like a thief who stole in the market square.he sleeps with girls anywhere.ranging from his car to our matrimonial home to motels,
Now ask me how I knew all this
Now That's your cue to move
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Toriiia: 10:22am On Nov 22, 2016
Hmmmm, I love this thread, it has been very helpful to me. It has so many beautiful encouragements and advices.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by NaeChris: 11:55am On Nov 22, 2016
Hardly could there be peace in that house. The woman is seemingly the head of the family from what i have observed so far and what my inlaw (who lives close to them) has told me regarding that couple. The woman makes all the decisions (i knew from their quarrels once, when i was present). In most cases, these quarrels ends up in a fight(according to my inlaw) of which the woman gains upper hand because of her size and height. 'Atsome point when present, the man's mum would help her son when he looks helpless and this gets me upset' my inlaw told me. I am pretty sure thats why the woman now assume headship at the expense of her husband. According to my inlaw (who is their neighbour), the woman gives the man conditions before he eats!. ''make sure there is enough water in the house'' she said sometime ago. This is really getting out of hand. I pity that guy sha. He is a father of three, ages of about 3, 5 and 9. This reminds me of what a lady told me some time ago, that ''if women have the strength, they will be beating their husbands''. I had apparently doubted that but that statement is making meaning now.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by shestrong(f): 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
peggykorol:
Once a man starts abusing the wife physically,he won't stop.it goes on and on.thats how mine started and I thought it would be the last.i know some people on NL feel am not real or I caused my problem myself but you are free to feel or think however you want
As am typing this now,I have some wounds on my back and hands.thats the recent beating I got from someone who claims to luv me very much.for every time I question his fidelity,I get beaten up seriously like a thief who stole in the market square.he sleeps with girls anywhere.ranging from his car to our matrimonial home to motels,
Now ask me how I knew all this
Sorry dear.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by shestrong(f): 8:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
swagqueen:
My husband's folks are loyal to him because ofnthe things he does for them and therefore,no one talks to him.he's a lord on his own. And of course the issue of infidelity comes to play too. He monitors my every move and is free to do whatever he likes,go wherever he likes and the last time,i saw a particular number of a female that he saved with a man's name,when i talked, he went ahead to call me names again. Came to beat me up as usual but for once in my life.my i stood up to him and told him never to try it! I guess that scared him a bit cos he dropped the weapon he wanted to use in hitting me..... i got advice from well-meaning friends to leave his place and go to my parent's house to heal but knowing him,he would never come for us.

It means i have to start life afresh. 30 years with no money in the bank,with two children and no job! God!
I pray you find strength. so sorry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (Reply)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Husband Caught His Cheating Wife, Snapped And Framed The Picture / Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.