Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! - Family (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (112390 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2013
LaShawn: @Bluuu
I'm convinced beyond all reasonable doubt that your boyfriend is abusive. You don't have to be a victim before taking action o, I think you should run NOW. This issue might seem simple, you might think he calls you frequently Because he loves you or that he doesn't want you to deny him your body for same reason But I'll tell you again and again that if you don't leave, you'd have yourself to blame.

+1
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bluuu: 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2013

2 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by tunapa2009(m): 4:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
bluuu: tnx everyone ,u were right.my last encounter with him ws forceful tho no injuries sustained.i v called it quit wt him.its hard to do considering our friendship bt i did wat was best for me.i feel lonely cos i realised outside him i didnt av friend( for two days now,no call frm any friend) but i wil survive.im just gonna focus on my career .tnk u all
That is a bold step.. Time will heal it.. Just relax urself and avoid being alone.. God is your strength......
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Ngokafor(f): 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
bluuu: tnx everyone ,u were right.my last encounter with him ws forceful tho no injuries sustained.i v called it quit wt him.its hard to do considering our friendship bt i did wat was best for me.i feel lonely cos i realised outside him i didnt av friend( for two days now,no call frm any friend) but i wil survive.im just gonna focus on my career .tnk u all

Good,you did the right thing but please stick to your decision and dont go back to him regardless of the loneliness you feel(which is normal btw),it's hard but doable..

..there's definitely something dodgy about your guy so kudos once more..cheers.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2013

I am genuinely happy for you. You have made the right decision with reasonable assurance and certainty. Now you do not need to have any regrets because somehow, his true self has been revealed to you and you dont have to look back.

If you can, put a block on his number and do not take his calls. No begging o, no sweet talk o. Occupy your mind with other things and try going out more rather than sulking. Better guys dey out there, you will soon meet one of them.

2 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by dynamicbuzz(f): 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2013

Sorry dear. Don't worry,you'll suRvive
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Les: 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
give me your number, I'll call you. If that's all it will take not to enter into any abusive relationship again. So,drop am sharpaly.. Nairaland needs you, if not for anything else but trafikk. kiss
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2013

Good for you Bluu, good on you for being attune to the danger that was ahead and for making the right decision. Congratulations on your freedom.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nashville:

I am genuinely happy for you. You have made the right decision with reasonable assurance and certainty. Now you do not need to have any regrets because somehow, his true self has been revealed to you and you dont have to look back.

If you can, put a block on his number and do not take his calls. No begging o, no sweet talk o. Occupy your mind with other things and try going out more rather than sulking. Better guys dey out there, you will soon meet one of them.

lipsrsealed
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
I'm so thrilled for you bluuu!
He's been pretending and hiding his true nature all along.

Just one denial of that so called "cake" brought them hidden ugly traits out!!!

Like someone said, go out more. Go to the cinemas, go window and actual shopping etc and be happy.

Block and delete his contact in every blockable way!

You were living your life for him, now is the time to live for YOU!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 12:10am On Nov 26, 2013
good step. life is too short to live in fear,panic and misery

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bellong: 9:00am On Nov 26, 2013
kreami diva: good step. life is too short to live in fear,panic and misery

Hey how are you, hope you are fine now?

It is well
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kreamidiva(f): 9:09am On Nov 26, 2013
bellong:

Hey how are you, hope you are fine now?

It is well

i'm very well thanks. had issues with my phone.

how are u?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 26, 2013

Dearie, i'm glad for you! You just saved yourself a whole lot of stress. Pls, don't look back! Just move on with your life!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by pickabeau1: 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
bluuu wish u all the best as you have made this decision

You have to be resolute

It is well with you
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
At times the voice of man is the voice of God. Its very good u came seeking for opinion and u gat good one Aluu.

May God continue to lead u as he has already started.
He cares and fights for all of us.
He will lead u to what he has prepared for u.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bluuu: 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
thanks everyone. smiley smiley smiley
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by jumzzy448: 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
bluuu: thanks everyone. smiley smiley smiley
So happy you took the bold step. Pls never pick his calls nor reply his messages. Thank God you've seen the real beast in him.
Congrats once again.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2013

I am happy for you, you may feel lonely now but you would be happier that you made that decision. That is their life, they try to cut you off your friends. Either they are suspicious of the females ones in that they will carry you to give a man or not comfortable with the male because they will sleep with you. Every one to them is a suspect. So my dear live your life and move on. You will meet someone who will love you and appreciate you.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by passionate88: 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw: At times the voice of man is the voice of God. Its very good u came seeking for opinion and u gat good one Aluu.

May God continue to lead u as he has already started.
He cares and fights for all of us.
He will lead u to what he has prepared for u.
Aluu guy dey knack her?. Aluu give me d guy address make I visit am sharpaly

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by LaShawn: 10:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
I'm happy for you, Bluu. And I beg you not to go back. No matter how he pleads, no matter what he says/sends to you via text.
He might tell you that you drive him crazy, that is why he loses control where you are concerned.
He might tell you that he has only you, and that is why he's forcing you to have sex.

All na wash! Don't even pick his calls to begin with. Ignore all messages!

Don't think you can pray him into changing. If there is one thing God has given man, it's free-will. And these abusive men have no intention of changing as long as there're women out there willing to settle for them.

I kid you not when I tell you I changed my ex'es name on my phone to 'in Jesus name', in the hope of Jesus touching his heart. This was in addition to prayers by me.
That was even when he intensified the taunting and name-calling.
In Jesus name would call and by the time he dropped, I was either weeping or in one emotional pain or the other. There was NOTHING Christ-like about him.

My cousin who saved her boyfriend as Big Baby was enjoying, being lavished with love and gifts.

Nobody told me before I changed the phone back to his normal name for God cannot be mocked.

Even now, I learnt he's praying and fasting for me to come back. I can bet my pic with him is translucently stained with anointing oil.
As everyone can see, the prayers are not even 0.1% effective.
I will repeat again, God cannot be mocked.

6 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by BCJAY(f): 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
You can just give him a little space, but pls no divorce the Bible does not support that.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:00am On Dec 01, 2013
LaShawn:
In Jesus name would call and by the time he dropped, I was either weeping or in one emotional pain or the other. There was NOTHING Christ-like about him.

I'm more concerned about the bolded. For those of you in relationships, are you experiencing the following:
1. Your partner stresses the heck of you that you feel caged;
2. When you see his name on caller I'd, your heart skips a bit and fear grips you; 3. When you pick, you begin to fidget/shake and stammer because you have to defend your actions every time;
4. You have to have your phone with you always even in the bathroom so you won't miss his/her call.

If the above is what you are facing, check yourself before you began dating/courting that person. Was your life much better and lively before? Do a before and after comparison and choose the one that's suitable for you.

Words on Marble: Anyone who doesn't add VALUE to your life should be cut off!

2 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Ymodulus: 6:26am On Dec 10, 2013

I am happy for you. The earlier the better. Some girls do see such signs. at an early stage in a relationship but they choose to ignore it.

And as to your friends calling you, sis honestly that's life people who you can call friends are those who will stand by you in times of trouble else forget the others.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by nbright: 11:18am On Dec 10, 2013
My mom was telling me this morning about a woman that lived in our estate... If she entertains visitors and the woman gives them the family photo album to view, the man will start beating the woman in the prescence of her guests, he alienated her from her friends and families... It got to an extent that the parents of the woman dragged the husband to court but the wife went to court and said that what is happening is a family matter that they will settle it at home... Some girls feel ashamed to leave their husband's house after all the mouths that they've made to their friends and they think of how people will talk that they are now divorced after all the glamours and razzmatazz of the weddings...
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Ymodulus: 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
nbright: My mom was telling me this morning about a woman that lived in our estate... If she entertains visitors and the woman gives them the family photo album to view, the man will start beating the woman in the prescence of her guests, he alienated her from her friends and families... It got to an extent that the parents of the woman dragged the husband to court but the wife went to court and said that what is happening is a family matter that they will settle it at home... Some girls feel ashamed to leave their husband's house after all the mouths that they've made to their friends and they think of how people will talk that they are now divorced after all the glamours and razzmatazz of the weddings...

African Nigerian girls.

I don't care if someone call me names, but i must tell you the truth reading all these experience on this thread, i am a full supporter of the term divorce. I don't know why people keep on going through pains all in the name of marriage.

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bukatyne(f): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2013

Now, you can look back in future without regrets that you made the right choice.

God be with you

Take care and take a while to analyze what signs you saw/didn't see before jumping into the arms of the next available guy.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
How are your doing @ swag queen? Just checking smiley
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Eisenhower(m): 11:27pm On Jan 01, 2014
swag queen: His sister keeps saying that if i leave,I'll be the one to lose.(which is true in a sense) but cuming from a divorcee whose husband battered until she ran for her life,i wonder what this world's turning into. She says many women want to be married to him and that as I'm the "lucky one",i should stay and still show him love. Till the day i die?

I'm pained,I'm crying,my heart is heavy but no one understands my pain. He's gone for a week now and my daughter keeps asking when daddy is coming back. I'm at my lowest ebb emotionally and all people can say is stay for the sake of the children. cry cry cry cry cry

I have no more self-esteem. He has abused,battered and violated me. He tells me things that make me feel I'm worth nothing. I'm tired!
words cannot express my deepest pain at your predicament. I wonder the way some of our male folk do think and handle our female counter-part.I will advice to see somebody, a counsellor, somebody that will help heal d wounds and start life afresh for the sake of the children. Be gone from him,take d children along but don't stop praying for him that God will change his attitude and for his family it shows how hypocritical and mamonic our so called family members can be. God pay them their evil.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by LyfeJennings(m): 12:37am On Jan 02, 2014
swag queen: My husband's folks are loyal to him because ofnthe things he does for them and therefore,no one talks to him.he's a lord on his own. And of course the issue of infidelity comes to play too. He monitors my every move and is free to do whatever he likes,go wherever he likes and the last time,i saw a particular number of a female that he saved with a man's name,when i talked, he went ahead to call me names again. Came to beat me up as usual but for once in my life.my i stood up to him and told him never to try it! I guess that scared him a bit cos he dropped the weapon he wanted to use in hitting me..... i got advice from well-meaning friends to leave his place and go to my parent's house to heal but knowing him,he would never come for us.

It means i have to start life afresh. 30 years with no money in the bank,with two children and no job! God!

U remind me of someone I know. Hmmm,the Lord is ur strength. I feel for U
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kayjasper(f): 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
kayjasper:

Dear Ileobatojo,

I have followed your posts here on this section for a while now and I have to say I sense there is something wrong somewhere within you.
You either are a feminist who has gone fanatical about it or you have had a real bad experience with men before.
I feel hatred and anger within you towards men and it is becoming uncontrollable for u.

If a man threatens you once to slap you probably because of some thing you have said or done but didn't go ahead to do it, will you honestly call it quit?
Can you honestly tell us how you manage your relationship/marriage if you are in one?

Are you of the opinion that any man who gets angry and says words out of anger or frustration is an abuser??
Can you tell this house what your definition of abuse is? Cos it seems your definition is different from ours.
Be it as it may, can you share part of your experience with us here so we learn where you are coming from?
I do hope u read this with objectivity and give me a good reply.

PS. Loosen up woman, life is short, enjoy it while it lasts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (Reply)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / My Wife Confessed To Be Dog Slut / Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.