Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines (8310 Views)

LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds / Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Jethrovich(m): 11:07am On Sep 19, 2013
I was looking at the fines charged by the regulatory agencies when guilty of what ever said offence.
it's surprising to know that LASTMA charges over 400% higher than what FRSC charges

These are some of similar offences and their corresponding charges.
On the average, for FRSC related offences you might be charged a little below 5, 000 but for LASTMA, no matter the offence, you are sure to be charged at least 20 000.

Now the question is, when our minimum wage is 18 000, how come LASTMA expects people to cough up 20 000 every time for an offence.
For me this is using a sledge hammer to kill a fly.

http://frsc.gov.ng/offences-and-penalties
http://lastma.gov.ng/LASTMA_FINE_TICKET_2013.pdf

4 Likes

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 19, 2013
Nah all part of IGR

2 Likes

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Jethrovich(m): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
PvtParts: Nah all part of IGR

But at this rate?
That's an Outrageous sum to pay
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
Jethrovich:

But at this rate?
That's an Outrageous sum to pay

wait till 2015

what do u expect from an agbereo led government
you have not seen anything yet.

Progressives indeed!

5 Likes

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
make God punish d 2-2 of them

1 Like

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by bignene(m): 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
3rd to comment
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2013
Seun if you no get news tell me make I supply you.
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Dygeasy(m): 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
How Much I Buy The Car Sef?

LASTMA... smh
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Dygeasy(m): 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
lucenzo: Seun if you no get news tell me make I supply you.
I Taya O!!! undecided undecided
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by rozayx5(m): 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
lastma - Agbero in uNiform undecided undecided
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by BabaEleko(m): 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2013
Yggl
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by anishe(m): 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
A doubt if the above rates as quoted are correct.

we can confirm that OF LASTMA from the enabling law but I don't seem to have access to it now. That of FRSC, I don't know nothing.

Thank you.
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by legendprac(m): 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
hmmmm @ lastma charges
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Patywilly: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
whats LASTMA please?
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by donbuchi1(m): 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
Shame on Lagos state.

2 Likes

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by BabaEleko(m): 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
Fine or bribe

1 Like

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by habex050: 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
Baba_Eleko: Fine or bribe

OYA MAKE DEM EXPLAIN

1 Like

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
Any difference between lastma job description and that of frsc?

2 Likes

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by kayoday(m): 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
LASTMA rate similiar to that of Lagos State VIO. The least offence attract a fine of 20,000 and they have a clause which charges 20,000 for any other offence as well. LATMA and VIO in Lagos are mini gods, LATMA most especially might even lie to extort one if not careful. Had a terrible experience at the bookstores house traffic light at Marina early this year when i was accuse of beating traffic light which i did not. I was 100% sure i did not beat the light cos it was green when i passed, an elderly passerby told them i did not beat traffic but was insulted and told to leave.

Was lucky when they eventually released me telling me to plead instead of claiming right as that will only compound my problem when i get to their office. I am already thinking of getting a cheap car DVR and secret camera from china to record at all time while driving cos of LATMA/Police officials. Who know I might be helpful in flushing out some bad ones who extort Lagosians on daily of their hard earn money.

1 Like

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Fazhy: 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
We all know how most Lagos drivers behave before Fashola regime. Some level of sanity is now back. Thanks to these heavy fines.

1 Like

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
The fear of lastma is the beginning of saving cash. Joke Apart this fees are outrageous but i know some people will still praise them, this is modern extortion.
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
kayoday: LASTMA rate similiar to that of Lagos State VIO. The least offence attract a fine of 20,000 and they have a clause which charges 20,000 for any other offence as well. LATMA and VIO in Lagos are mini gods, LATMA most especially might even lie to extort one if not careful. Had a terrible experience at the bookstores house traffic light at Marina early this year when i was accuse of beating traffic light which i did not. I was 100% sure i did not beat the light cos it was green when i passed, an elderly passerby told them i did not beat traffic but was insulted and told to leave.

Was lucky when they eventually released me telling me to plead instead of claiming right as that will only compound my problem when i get to their office. I am already thinking of getting a cheap car DVR and secret camera from china to record at all time while driving cos of LATMA/Police officials. Who know I might be helpful in flushing out some bad ones who extort Lagosians on daily of their hard earn money.

That's a nice idea..
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Abariwiseman: 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
when PDP takes over Lagos in 2015, every inhuman treatment from this APC (or Panadol Government) will be taken care of.

3 Likes

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Nogen: 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
gboss4sure:

That's a nice idea..

Pls am interested in the camera! How does one install it?

1 Like

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2013
I doubt if fashola can be able to win any election in dis Nigeria again. D man is too heartless. He hates poor people with passion. Typical richmen sense. God go catch you one day.

2 Likes

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
FORFEIT Vehicle? Jesus wept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Okijajuju1(m): 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
I go just run go meet FRSC to arrest me... angry

Imagine! To beat LASTMA officer na 100,000... WHY?! angry

1 Like

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by sammy329(m): 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
Abariwiseman: when PDP takes over Lagos in 2015, every inhuman treatment from this APC (or Panadol Government) will be taken care of.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
You folks are always comparing LSG with FG. Are you kidding me? Why always Lagos? Why always Fashola vs Gej? I am tempted to believe that LSG is more capable,efficient, more accomplished,respected,accepted internationally than the president. Hence, stop these tribal and dumb comparison. Dump thread

1 Like

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by ifyalways(f): 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
Nothing,no force,legal or illegal can be compared to LASTMA fines oh.
Police go collect N100 or N200 max and leave you
FRSC na N5OO,1K max depending on your offence
LASTMA? I no follow,abeg abeg,Oga have mercy na 5K ja'le ja'le. angry

4 Likes

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by emiye(m): 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
It takes very hard and stringent folks like LASTMA to make lagos traffic a bit sane.

Many Lagos drivers behave right for fear of LASTMA

2 Likes

Re: Lastma Fines Vs Frsc Fines by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
maryjames9: You folks are always comparing LSG with FG. Are you kidding me? Why always Lagos? Why always Fashola vs Gej? I am tempted to believe that LSG is more capable,efficient, more accomplished,respected,accepted internationally than the president. Hence, stop these tribal and dumb comparison. Dump thread

GO AND SIT DOWN.

Isnt you the same LASG praise singers that keep insulting the President? If you can dish it then you should receive it.

tit for tat!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu unleashes his e-touts on nl targetting saraki / The Nigerian Air Force Is Junk. / Metuh Describes Inclusion In Looters List As Media Trial, To Seek Redress In Cou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.