Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years (20712 Views)

Ben Bruce Orders Innoson Car For His Personal Use From The Anambra Based Company / BREAKING News......the Anambra Tribunal Awka Nullified Okey Ezeh;s Election / Princess Stella Oduah Won The Anambra North Senatorial Seat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by chosen04(f): 9:27am On Sep 20, 2013
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by agadez007(m): 9:31am On Sep 20, 2013
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by chosen04(f): 9:31am On Sep 20, 2013
I was in Anambra state around June 2013 after many years of absence. I traveled to see for myself the level and pace of development under the incumbent governor, Peter Obi. I spent two days travelling to almost every part of the state, and I must say that Anambra have never had it so good!

One particular area in which I noticed a vast improvement is towards the effort to open up the interior of the state – the food producing hinterlands.

Towards this end some areas that had never felt the impact of governance, are smiling today. Let me give a few examples.

I traveled to Umuleri for the first time around 1986. My aunty was married to an Umuatulu indigene. Thus I have also been to Umuatulu, Otuocha and Aguleri. To say it was an unpleasant journey then would be a grave understatement.

However, I traveled to those Anam area, across the Anambra River again two months ago, the difference between then and now is very clear. {see pictures HERE}

Secondly, around 1997, I drove a close friend of mine to Osumoghu, on a visit to a funeral ceremony and from there to Lilu to visit his Aunty. I am from Nnewi, while my friend is from Ukpor. Osumoghu and Lilu is just a stone throw from Ukpor, and yet for us to get to the two communities, we had to first drive to Ihiala through Ozubulu and Okija, before turning backwards to Lilu and Osumoghu. Why? The bridge that should have connected Ukpor and Lilu was impassable and the roads very dangerous. Hence a journey that should have taken 15 minutes, took hours!

I drove to the place again three months ago and the story is vastly different. The Bridges are there and the roads excellent.

I have always pointed out that the qualities of good governance do not simply lie in constructing a few roads in the urban areas, or planting flowers and improving the landscape of the state capital. Yes, these are equally important, but there should be a basic philosophy underpinning development and good governance. Developmental efforts should tell a story. This could be rural development, poverty alleviation, industrialization, job creation, linking the rural food baskets with the urban areas, etc

This brings me to the two greatest achievement of the Peter Obi administration: firstly, bringing civility to the governance of my state and secondly, opening the interior and the hitherto inaccessible areas of the state.

In writing this article, I am quite aware of the dangers inherent in appearing to sing the praises of a government in power, but Peter Obi is about finishing his term and is not seeking a further term. He has also said he intends to resign from politics in a few months and so I am not looking for a political appointment.

Moreover, for a government I had severely criticized in the past for its seeming inaction amidst some political mistakes - what with the crisis besetting his party APGA in the state at the moment. But as the governor himself admitted to me; “we are not perfect”. Therefore for me to keep silent after what I had seen in the state, would be being false to myself. The pace of development especially within the past 12 months in the state is marveling.

One question I asked the governor during our one-on-one was: why did you wait until the last lap of your administration to start kicking?

His answer was instructive: Peter Obi explained that people should appreciate where the state was coming from.

The state had just emerged from the Mbadinuju disaster (1999-2003) and Ngige fiasco, between 2003 and 2006 that Anambra state suffered disastrous destruction of its public infrastructure in what Ebiede Agbonifo called ‘Ngige, Uba and Obasanjo’s Moral Burden’:

“When Obasanjo angrily announced Chris Uba’s confession to him that he rigged the election in favour of Ngige and the PDP, he was only putting a presidential seal on what Nigerians, especially Anambra State voters, knew since 2003. According to Obasanjo, Uba said to Ngige in his presence that Ngige did not know how the election was rigged in his favour. Uba did everything with the hope of having the state’s treasury moved to his filthy bedroom. What shocked Nigerians and still confound them is that Obasanjo did not order the arrest of the confessed felon. Rather than call the police Obasanjo told us that he ordered the criminal and Ngige out of his house. Eventually, Ngige, who did not know how it happened, was expelled from the PDP while Uba, the mastermind, was rewarded with the posts of leader of the party in the South-East and member of the Board of Trustees. He has more police protection than many governors, and certainly more than his own governor, who did not even have that luxury for a long time because of his quarrel with Uba and Obasanjo’s obvious preferences. Uba had kidnapped Ngige and later had his thugs unleash mayhem on government property in Anambra State but our born-again, morally righteous President did nothing.”

Hence considering the decay from previous state governments and as the governor explained, this is the state he inherited – a state whose government house was burnt down, and the state radio building destroyed.

'I had no office!' he told me. The state was being hemorrhaged by undue and disastrous betrothal to godfathers and prebendal vested interests that insisted on collecting tributes from each state governor in power. Anambra state is blessed with many big men with larger than life egos. This ordinarily should be a blessing, but in the case of the state, it turned into a curse because each "Big Man" considers governmental patronage a right and not a privilege!

Furthermore, Each Igwe and Ndieze conducts regular pilgrimage to the Governors Lodge with one request or the other. Friends, relations, will throng the office and the lodge is often over-crowded with different types of people and emissaries..

“My brother, it was utter madness, chaos”! The governor told me, ‘and it has to stop’!

‘Therefore the first step is to restore order to this state of anarchy. You cannot have development in a state of anarchy and disorder and that was our first achievement”.

“To be fair to Ngige, he stopped the hemorrhaging of our resources, but we brought development and introduced civility and order in governance, and that was our first achievement during our first term”, the governor said.

"We had to build offices, rebuild the infrastructure, construct the state secretariat and establish the necessary paraphernalia of governmental administration".

Henceforth Peter Obi’s Administration in Anambra State accorded a very high priority to road infrastructure development.

“The goal of the administration is to link the 177 Communities in the State with motorable and asphalted roads with drains for proper discharge of flood water."

As noted above, there must be a basic philosophy that underpins development for me to be impressed and strategically, the Peter Obi’s administration constructs an average of 100 km of asphalted roads per year, stretching across the three senatorial zones of the State. Consequently the State Government as at 31st March 2013 has been able to award for construction and rehabilitation at least 142 roads with a total length of 905.5 kilometers. Out of these 905.5 kilometers of awarded length of roads, over 651.5 km length of asphalted pavement has been achieved with associated drains, culverts and bridges.

Major bridges constructed and completed by the Peter Obi’s administration includes the Odor River Bridge along Nibo – Umuawulu – awgbu – Amaokpala – Oko Road; Ezu River Bridge along Amansea – Ebenebe – Ugbenu – Ugbene – Awba Ofemili Road; Umueze Anam – Mmiata Road Bridge; Ogbanabo Bridge and Amodu Bridge both in Okpuno; pedestrian bridges at Awka and Onitsha among others. {Again see video below}

Some on-going bridge works include the Construction of 3No. Bridges along Atani – Ozubulu Road; Obizi River Bridge along Ugwuajilija – Isiagu – Umuawulu – Awgbu Link Road; and the Pedestrian Bridge at Uga Junction, Onitsha.

Similarly, there are some newly awarded and on-going road projects. Altogether the State Executive Council have between 1st January and 31st March 2013 approved and awarded contracts for the construction and rehabilitation of over 122 kilometers of roads across the 3 senatorial zones of the State. I witnessed some of these roads myself and took pictures and video recording. {see pictures HERE}

Unarguably, Obi has set the pace for development in Anambra State but much work still has to be done. My hope is that a structure is in place to sustain and maintain these new roads and infrastructures, otherwise the whole effort would be a waste in a few years’ time.

The next Governor has his work clearly cut out in Anambra State. Obi has laid a marker!

But is it all praise for the Peter Obi administration? I will explore this question in Part 2

I will also explore what the state government is doing in other areas like education and Hospitals and what further needs to be done. The controversy surrounding donating money to mission schools and the APGA crisis.

By Daniel Elombah

5 Likes

Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by agadez007(m): 9:35am On Sep 20, 2013
kingbang:

Oga Onlylies, If you want to see Onitsha internal road, then come and visit Onitsha and stop spewing nonsense here.kingbang We Anambrarians are solidly behind Peter Obi and we are happy with the progress made so far!
corrected
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 20, 2013
ba7man: Oh Mah Gawd!!!!.....That is one large, ugly building.
You never knew Anambra. I am from the state. I know what it was before and what it is NOW. Anambra is blessed with human resources but in terms of infrastructural development, the state had almost NOTHING at the advent of democracy in 1999. To make matters worse, the EVIL antics of OBJ insisted on imposing unwanted elements on the state even under democratic dispensation, leading to prolonged political crisis and instability. Consequently, Peter inherited a dilapidated state, lacking all BASIC infrastructure and destroyed by erosion. Most of what existed in the state were built by communities. It was like there was a conspiracy to keep the state down. OBJ looked for Dora Akunyili to head NAFDAC because he wanted a good job done in the organisation. But guess who he decided to impose on Anambra people as governor? Andy Ubah. The destruction of the state or the task of keeping the state down was deliberate, well planned and expertly executed.

Anambra is not Lagos or Abuja or even Enugu (former capital of the old Anambra). Anambra is not Akwa-Ibom or Rivers with enormous oil resources. Those of us who know what it was before appreciate what has been done by Peter Obi. Ngige also tried during his 3.5years reign, but that was in terms of road construction. To make matters worse, the political crisis that happened under Ngige led to the destruction of even the very scanty infrastructure in the state. Anambra has moved several step forward and it can only get better.

3 Likes

Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by kingbang: 9:39am On Sep 20, 2013
agadez007: corrected

Correct all you want but every sane Anambrarian knows that Peter Obi is the best Governor ever in Anambra State. No cheap lies and propaganda can change that.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by agadez007(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2013
kingbang:

Correct all you want but every sane Anambrarian knows that Peter Obi is the best Governor ever in Anambra State. No cheap lies and propaganda can change that.
lies lies and more lies,you can deceive people who havent been to anambra but not me,peter obi is the same as rochas,all noise and no action
i pray to be in anambra next week so i can present anambra to the world so nobody will say the pictures are of anambra five/fifty years ago
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 20, 2013
gratiaeo:
May God almighty bless your seed.
That is what i have been asking on this thread
What did Peter Obi inherited from Ngige
No tarred road in Awka the state capital
No Hospital (not even a room apartment)
No bore hole
No street light
No school (ANSU was seating under mango tree then)
Our government house, radio station (ABS) both Onitsha and Awka was pulled down by Ngige in conjunction with Ubah family
Awka was like desert, no meaningful infrastructure
SMH to this shameless APC gooms
. So please tell me what did Ngige inherited from Mbadinuju(Odera) since that's how you want to judge it.am in Onitsha now and I can authoritatively tell you that I notice no single changes there except that iron rail at Upper iweka.check out all the roads that leads to the biggest popular market.from sokoto road or Bida road.that Anambra is even good looking to this extent is because the people living there re rich so they fend for themselves with giving a damn abt d government.they empty their refuse bins thmselves,drill bore hole water,build their shops and do there businesses.we need a conducive environment,we need d good roads,we need d flowers....I know some people will say planting of flowers is not a sign of good governance but am telling you that we need a new face of Anambra,we need decoration and beautification of our state.we need an environment that even when you as an individual is broke you can come out and look around,stroll and see what to show visitors.imagine when a friend visit you,the only fun you people will have is sitting and drinking in one shop. at least whn you go to imo state you will enjoy Owerri,go to Enugu and enjoy enugu town, go to Delta state you will enjoy asaba, talk more of Jos,Akure,Uyo,or lagos.then come to Anambra and you will enjoy ...........upper iweka.........let's be truthful for ones joorr.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by kingbang: 9:53am On Sep 20, 2013
agadez007: lies lies and more lies,you can deceive people who havent been to anambra but not me,peter obi is the same as rochas,all noise and no action
i pray to be in anambra next week so i can present anambra to the world so nobody will say the pictures are of anambra five/fifty years ago

What are the lies kid?

That we don't have the best rural road network in Nigeria?
That Investors are not now trooping in?
That we don't have a stable polity?
That the educational standard has not massively improved?
That the industries springing up in Anambra do not create job opportunities for youths?

What are the lies kid? You don't even stay in Anambra but you come here to rant about things you no nothing about.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by kingbang: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2013
valjes: at least whn you go to imo state you will enjoy Owerri,go to Enugu and enjoy enugu town, go to Delta state you will enjoy asaba, talk more of Jos,Akure,Uyo,or lagos.then come to Anambra and you will enjoy ...........upper iweka.........let's be truthful for ones joorr.

What an ignoramus! Do you think Anambra is a one city state? Apart from Enugu city, have you visited other towns and cities in Enugu? Do you see how underdeveloped they are?. I am not saying that Peter Obi has done it all but he has massively opened up many towns in Anambra state.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by emiye(m): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You never knew Anambra. I am from the state. I know what it was before and what it is NOW. Anambra is blessed with human resources but in terms of infrastructural development, the state had almost NOTHING at the advent of democracy in 1999. To make matters worse, the EVIL antics of OBJ insisted on imposing unwanted elements on the state even under democratic dispensation, leading to prolonged political crisis and instability. Consequently, Peter inherited a dilapidated state, lacking all BASIC infrastructure and destroyed by erosion. Most of what existed in the state were built by communities. It was like there was a conspiracy to keep the state down. OBJ looked for Dora Akunyili to head NAFDAC because he wanted a good job done in the organisation. But guess who he decided to impose on Anambra people as governor? Andy Ubah. The destruction of the state or the task of keeping the state down was deliberate, well planned and expertly executed.

Anambra is not Lagos or Abuja or even Enugu (former capital of the old Anambra). Anambra is not Akwa-Ibom or Rivers with enormous oil resources. Those of us who know what it was before appreciate what has been done by Peter Obi. Ngige also tried during his 3.5years reign, but that was in terms of road construction. To make matters worse, the political crisis that happened under Ngige led to the destruction of even the very scanty infrastructure in the state. Anambra has moved several step forward and it can only get better.

Sincere9gerian, how did you arrive at 3.5 years duration for Ngige's tenure, I am aware Ngige did not spend up to 3 years as governor in Anambra, he spent roughly 2years and 9 months.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by agadez007(m): 10:12am On Sep 20, 2013
kingbang:

What are the lies kid?

That we don't have the best rural road network in Nigeria?
That Investors are not now trooping in?
That we don't have a stable polity?
That the educational standard has not massively improved?
That the industries springing up in Anambra do not create job opportunities for youths?

What are the lies kid? You don't even stay in Anambra but you come here to rant about things you no nothing about.
i dont stay in anambra due to the nature of my job i travel round most states in nigeria and i can authoritatively tell you that anambra is still below average
as somebody righfully said in this thread anambraians do most things for themselves,every streets have their own vigilantee groups,some even build their own roads pls research well before coming here to misinform nigerians
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 20, 2013
kingbang:

What an ignoramus! Do you think Anambra is a one city state? Apart from Enugu city, have you visited other towns and cities in Enugu? Do you see how underdeveloped they are?. I am not saying that Peter Obi has done it all but he has massively opened up many towns in Anambra state.
.many towns hav bn opened up even before him. it only needed a little touching. Yees ooo Anambra is not a one city state dats why he was expected to do more in Onitsha,Awka and Nnewi.in 8yrs....8 good solid years at least him for pick one city arrange well na.hv you ever wonder what would hv hpn if Anambra pple re not hard working,building good houses and developing their town themselves.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by kingbang: 10:28am On Sep 20, 2013
valjes: .many towns hav bn opened up even before him. it only needed a little touching. Yees ooo Anambra is not a one city state dats why he was expected to do more in Onitsha,Awka and Nnewi.in 8yrs....8 good solid years at least him for pick one city arrange well na.hv you ever wonder what would hv hpn if Anambra pple re not hard working,building good houses and developing their town themselves.

Shut it! Peter Obi opened up ayamelum LGA,Aguata LG and many other LGA's. Because of the development, people that even work in awka now live in Aguata and Njikoka comfortable mostly because of the good road network. I may understand if you hate Peter Obi but don't come here and distort facts!
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by kingbang: 10:31am On Sep 20, 2013
agadez007: i dont stay in anambra due to the nature of my job i travel round most states in nigeria and i can authoritatively tell you that anambra is still below average
as somebody righfully said in this thread anambraians do most things for themselves,every streets have their own vigilantee groups,some even build their own roads pls research well before coming here to misinform nigerians

Such an ignorant kid! Who sanctions Vigilantes? DO you know how much Peter Obi's administration have spent on Vigilantes in the last 7 years?. Which community build their roads in Anambra? Tell me you shameless lair. You can hate Peter Obi all you want but don't take his credit away from him. That is an irresponsible act!
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by agadez007(m): 10:51am On Sep 20, 2013
kingbang:

Such an ignorant kid! Who sanctions Vigilantes? DO you know how much Peter Obi's administration have spent on Vigilantes in the last 7 years?. Which community build their roads in Anambra? Tell me you shameless lair. You can hate Peter Obi all you want but don't take his credit away from him. That is an irresponsible act!
i see you are already tanked up this early morning,you know nothing about anambra state and you are too insultive for my liking,i wont condescend to your level,so i wont waste my time with you go look for your mates in the kiddies section and exchange tantrums with
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by kingbang: 11:02am On Sep 20, 2013
agadez007: i see you are already tanked up this early morning,you know nothing about anambra state and you are too insultive for my liking,i wont condescend to your level,so i wont waste my time with you go look for your mates in the kiddies section and exchange tantrums with

I deal with facts and not cheap lies and propaganda! Face your state and leave Anambra state alone.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by FreeGlobe(f): 11:15am On Sep 20, 2013
agadez007: lies lies and more lies,you can deceive people who havent been to anambra but not me,peter obi is the same as rochas,all noise and no action
my brother be very careful oh. Peter Obi thugs may be on the lookout for picture takers from now because of this mess. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Try to to fall into their hands. The rot is massive but lets make do with these ones for now.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by abagoro(m): 11:35am On Sep 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
my brother be very careful oh. Peter Obi thugs may be on the lookout for picture takers from now because of this mess. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Try to to fall into their hands. The rot is massive but lets make do with these ones for now.

I don't think Roads are actually the true yardstick for measuring performance. Taking pictures of bad roads will only prove that there are lots of bad roads in Anambra but it does not give information on other sectors. Anambra as a State needs improvement in aesthetics and that's the part I've kept criticizing Peter Obi on. Its not all about money but beauty and good life is important as well.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by emiye(m): 11:37am On Sep 20, 2013
abagoro:

I don't think Roads are actually the true yardstick for measuring performance. Taking pictures of bad roads will only prove that there are lots of bad roads in Anambra but it does not give information on other sectors. Anambra as a State needs improvement in aesthetics and that's the part I've kept criticizing Peter Obi on. Its not all about money but beauty and good life is important as well.

There is a very good relationship between good roads and the "aesthetics"
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
kingbang:

Shut it! Peter Obi opened up ayamelum LGA,Aguata LG and many other LGA's. Because of the development, people that even work in awka now live in Aguata and Njikoka comfortable mostly because of the good road network. I may understand if you hate Peter Obi but don't come here and distort facts!
you shut it! because he opened up anyamelum u now think he has finished his work as a governor.for 8 good solid years and you called dat a development?there is a reason why we have village and why we have city.what hpns to developing our city? shame on you for not knowing what a development is.leave Anambra and travel to other states then we can talk when you re bk.Obi is always a boy like you.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
We need development not painting a classroom and showing it on TV.develop the 3 main cities we hv so that our people will stay bck home and enjoy their money.honestly if it weren't for business I know a lot of people including my dad would hv left Anambra since.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by kingbang: 12:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
valjes: you shut it! because he opened up anyamelum u now think he has finished his work as a governor.for 8 good solid years and you called dat a development?there is a reason why we have village and why we have city.what hpns to developing our city? shame on you for not knowing what a development is.leave Anambra and travel to other states then we can talk when you re bk.Obi is always a boy like you.

Its obvious i have been engaging a kid! Sorry kid, am done with you.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by softwareman(m): 12:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
abagoro:

Some of us not from anambra state, can we offer a simple suggestion to enhance the quality of the debate you anambrarians are having?
why not those of you interested in countering the argument of the OP simply upload pictures of the things peter obi has done.

The truth of the matter is that the pictures of Obi's achievements uploaded so far are not impressive at all. The quality of work on some of the buildings and roads are, to say the least, below standard.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by softwareman(m): 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
kingbang:

I deal with facts and not cheap lies and propaganda! Face your state and leave Anambra state alone.

Just curious. Are you the same guy as one alexchiny moniker?

he is a ardent APGA/obi supporter as well and just wondering why he has suddenly disappeared.

secondly, you seems to share the same writing style and a propensity for emotional response to APGA / obi issues with that moniker.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
kingbang:

Its obvious i have been engaging a kid! Sorry kid, am done with you.
Noooo! Grandfather bring it on.don't run away oooo cos I am in Anambra now,Onitsha precisely so where do you refer me to go and see d development in osha?I really need to see for my self. old haggard man.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by Tundeolaniyi: 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
valjes: Noooo! Grandfather bring it on.don't run away oooo cos I am in Anambra now,Onitsha precisely so where do you refer me to go and see d development in osha?I really need to see for my self. old haggard man.

You are definitely not in Onitsha, since you cannot see any transformation going on from Headbridge to Upper Iweka to Nkpor to Awka road to GRA to Fegge to New Market road to Old Market raod to Venn road. I work in an Insurance company along Awka road. I will leave office in the next two hours for marketing, I can meet you up at my office or anywhere around GRA, that is if you are truly here or you are making it up to look real. Onitsha am seeing now is alot neat with infrastructure. I was in Awada over the last weekend, I was amazed seeing Oraifite, Ezeiweka and some other streets am not able to spell shinning with good roads. Am a Yoruba man but an unbiased one.

5 Likes

Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
kingbang:

I won't leave Anambra alone because Anambra state is my home town,dats why we re demanding for the best.hav you ever wondered why our brothers abroad when they come bck home,they don't stay long in Anambra.they prefer lodging in a hotel in a nearby state where they can move around freely even in the night.or better still go bck to lagos. taaa nwanne ka anyi na akwa onwe anyi eziokwu mgbe niile ooo
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by softwareman(m): 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tundeolaniyi:

You are definitely not in Onitsha, since you cannot see any transformation going on from Headbridge to Upper Iweka to Nkpor to Awka road to GRA to Fegge to New Market road to Old Market raod to Venn road. I work in an Insurance company along Awka road. I will leave office in the next two hours for marketing, I can meet you up at my office or anywhere around GRA, that is if you are truly here or you are making it up to look real. Onitsha am seeing now is alot neat with infrastructure. I was in Awada over the last weekend, I was amazed seeing Oraifite, Ezeiweka and some other streets am not able to spell shinning with good roads. Am a Yoruba man but an unbiased one.

Damn! this guy must you repeat and affirm your tribe in every single post. if your name is tunde olaniyi you do not need to repeatedly tell people you are yoruba?
Except of course you are not.
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by Tundeolaniyi: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
valjes: I won't leave Anambra alone because Anambra state is my home town,dats why we re demanding for the best.hav you ever wondered why our brothers abroad when they come bck home,they don't stay long in Anambra.they prefer lodging in a hotel in a nearby state where they can move around freely even in the night.or better still go bck to lagos. taaa nwanne ka anyi na akwa onwe anyi eziokwu mgbe niile ooo

You don't have a point when you say that people who came does not last. If not all these big men here in GRA, Omagba, Housing estates with their families and relations who came back for long vac from UK. My cousin visited me last month from Germany and he spent over a month in my house here in Omagba estate. He goes to stadium every morning for jogging all thru his stay here. He told me he never knew Onitsha was this serene and organized more especially GRA, Federal Housing, Awka road, Omagba etc..

There is no economic city without security challenge. People are murdered and shot anyhow in Lagos. Major cities as Lagos, PH, Onitsha, Kano etc should have more layer of security due to heavy flow of capital in them.

1 Like

Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by FreeGlobe(f): 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
abagoro:

you need to go through those pictures again. it was far beyond a road thing, no order, planning, aesthetics or quality
Re: The Anambra Chino doesn't want you to see after Obi's 8 years by Longeria(m): 1:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
berem: Na wa o! Am highly disappointed! Umu Igbo, o gi ni na eme na nairaland? Unu abu o la onwe nu ike!! Chai!!

cry
NDI IBERIBE

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

APC Leaders May Kill Jonathan Before February Presidential Election –Edwin Clark / Oby Ezekwesili: "Police Detained Me & Arrested BBOG Members On Orders Of Buhari" / Daudu Waliu Is Dead: APC Chieftain Killed By Police Stray Bullet In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.